Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi-week View in Shifts

We need the ability to see the shift calendar in 6 week blocks, instead of only day, week, and month. We run a six week rotation and it makes more sense to view it in term of weekly rotations, the month view cuts too many shifts of in the middle. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Release Shifts

Can team member release their shifts and everybody on the team can see it, same way they can offer their shift to one team member, can they offer it to entire team?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Decrease minimum time blocks in Shifts to 15 mins

Our business model currently requires time blocks of 15 mins. Currently, Shifts only allows for a minimum of 30 mins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Color Coding in Shifts

Can you add a feature to shifts to assign names to the different color coding? Like how you can in planner?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to move person from one Group to Another

As there might be people who move from one group to another in the same Team. We should have ability to move them from one to another as currently it doesn't allow it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow non members to view schedule or shift

It would be great if non-members can view the schedule or shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Location

Option to Add a Address Clickable Link in a specific Shift.
    Option to Insert a Link from another site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Name colors

The ability to apply colors to shifts is great, but I need to give the colors labels. Different departments are forced to use the same color schemes but those colors mean different things. If I highlight something in gray in my department, it should not be labeled Gray, i should be able to name that color so it says something like concrete or asphalt. But that gray means something else to a different department so each Group should be able to label it what they need. After that a simple color wheel can allow me to make all the colors…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Vacant Position in Shifts & Changing Person assigned to shifts

Hi, we are reviewing using shifts functionality within our hospital as a possible way of doing our doctor rota. When we have a post which is 'vacant' with no doctor filling it, we need to demonstrate those shifts on the rota (in this case it would be shifts schedule) clearly as an 'employee' as such instead of as 'Open Shifts'. Is there going to be a way to have a 'vacant' employee where there is no one assigned? Also will it be possible to change the person in a post as our staff 'rotate' to another specialty at least twice…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Recurring shifts option in Shifts

Please add recurring functionality to shifts. Our shifts never change from each week in a 4 week rotation. It would be appreciated if we could use the recurring function to have the shift repeat itself instead of making a new schedule every month. Until this happens we will not be able to use this application that has so much good going for it. Until then we will continue to use an outlook calendar that can perform this function. We have the time to make changes to a schedule, not remake the schedule each month.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Schedule swaps: need away to track who requested, who accepted, and who approved.

Schedule swaps, need to be able to see who requested, who accepted, and who approved. Employee didn’t show up for work and swap says: “one or more shifts was not found and may have been deleted”. How do I show employee that she accepted this swap?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrate time-off with Outlook

Outlook should notify if a user is scheduling a meeting/appointment requiring a user during time-off periods

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Time Report via API/Graph

Really would like to get a final time report via the graph API. This would be so useful from an automation standpoint. Allow me to specify the employee name and the time period and give me total hours regular time and total hours overtime in return.
    This would let me send the data to my Payroll application and/or insert intermediate reports or approvals. If you're not going to do third-party integration yourself, at least let us do it by providing this report programatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Intergrate Outlook Caledar with MS shifts

Integrate shifts and Outlook so that shifts transfer into the calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A way to post across all shifts at the same time. This would allow everyone to find out about important work related items.

A way to post across all shifts at the same time. This would allow everyone to find out about important work related items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Location

Currently, for the Time Clock feature, you can only have one location per Team, but it would be nice to have the flexibility of multiple locations.

We have student workers all on the same team, but in multiple locations around campus, so the only way that GPS time punches will work is to split them up amongst multiple teams, which becomes cumbersome.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow planner to assign resource based on shift schedule

I would like to see an option where if i am creating a task in planner that it could look to shifts in a team for the available resource and auto assign. As part of that if the task due date moves have it reassign accordingly. We Use Teams to identify who the assigned resource is for a set length of time and it would be very beneficial to have this functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Undo button in shifts

If I accidentally delete a shift it would be great to have an undo option

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let my staff clock in when not rostered on

My staff cannot clock in if i call them in to cover a shift without me needing to update the roster first. Staff should be able to clock in for unscheduled shifts without a roster update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base