Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List of features that Linux lacks

New Meeting Experience
    Reactions
    Yellow tint around profile picture when hand is raised
    blur background
    Large Gallery and Together mode (looks like it rolled out for web, it might shortly come to insiders version I guess)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Software de conversión de PST a MBOX

PST to MBOX Converter es el software perfecto para exportar archivos PST a formato MBOX. El software es compatible con varias aplicaciones de cliente de correo electrónico como Pocomail, Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc. Este software permite la migración directa de PST a Office 365 y Live Exchange Server. Este software es compatible con las versiones 2016, 2013, 2010 y 2007 de Outlook, etc. El software puede restaurar elementos eliminados con la herramienta.

HAGA CLIC AQUÍ: https://www.kdetools.com/pst/mbox/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot upload photo as logo for teams meeting

"Teams" -> ... -> "Team Verwalten" -> Hover over logo -> "edit" -> editing pen appears
    On Linux, I can upload a photo as logo for a "Professional Learning Community" meeting but I cannot do that for a "Training Course" meeting. I can only choose among one of the predefined logos. On Windows Machines though, I can upload a photo as logo for any type of meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pop out meeting window in Linux client

In the Windows client, meetings pop-out of the Teams client, so it is possible to be in a meeting (e.g. with a presentation shared), but also able to reply or interact with other chat or Teams channels during the meeting.

In the Linux client, since the window does not pop-out, when one switches to other chat/channel to reply to something, the meeting is minimized in a corner of the Teams client window, thus limiting the ability of a user to interact with other chat/channels while in the meeting, as they would loose details.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams doesn't work with different network connections

My native teams client work at home wenn my laptop is connected via wireless network. When I go to office I connet my laptop in addition with a cable. Everything works fine on my laptop except Teams.

I have to stop my wireless network first and then restart Teams to be able to log in. Please make Teams able to work with different network connections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. relinquishing control during screen sharing

Because of the WFH nature of employment, there are a lot of people needing IT support. Its very difficult to work with IT departments when you can't give control of your screen to them while screen sharing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop treating Linux users as second class citizens

The response to this request (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40324324-keep-the-linux-client-up-to-date-with-the-latest-f) exhibits the exact lack of caring on a corporate level about Linux users that the 5,085 people who voted for it were asking to stop. In the initial request, several examples were provided of features that were months old but still not made available to Linux users — but these were merely examples. The official company response was to close the report and link to other issues where people are asking for those specific features to be implemented. The problem is, that request is to provide Linux users with feature parity to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. get sound to work for Linux

it would be good if I was able to set the sound volume, or at least have sound working

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Basic Features of Windows lacking in Linux based Microsoft Teams

Some basic features like Noise Cancellation , Setting virtual background for a teams meeting - and a few more basic features which are long existing on Windows based Teams is missing out on Linux based Teams Application. We would love to see the same in Linux also.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back Teams-Native notification to Linux client!

It came to my attention that Microsoft ditched the teams-native notification in favor of Linux native notifications (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/374327/banner-notifications-doesn39t-appear.html?childToView=376786#comment-376786).

Can we have them back even if it's opt-in? Native Linux notifications vary from distribution to distribution and don't provide a uniform experience for the user. Also, I very much prefer to leave teams with their own native notification system and kept the Linux notification to system-related stuff.

Because of the removal of teams-native notifications, I have not updated the teams ever since 1.3.00.16851, which was, as far as I know, the last linux version that has those notifications.

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remote Server Admin Tools for Linux Powershell

The lack of a standard RSAT and Hyper-V administration tools for Linux really prevents cross-platform control. It's easy to control Linux via Windows, but if I want Linux to be the primary driver, it's much more difficult.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Opening device settings menu in a call results in mic not working any more

Using Linux (ubuntu 20.04) If the device settings menu is opened during a call (for example if the call began and you want to switch to the headset mic), if you open the device settings during a call, you will become muted and later receive a message saying that your mic is not working. the only way to fix this is usually drop out of the call and restart teams.
    zoom doesn't have this issue. I have tried using multiple computers and versions of linux and experienced the same issue each time, so it seems like a bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Microsoft teams for chromebook

Hello microsoft,
    Can your team make a version of teams for chromebooks?
    I now use the android app version and its not working perfect.
    It don't have the abillity to apply backgrounds, its loading long and it don't have all the functions that my windows pc has.
    Greetings, Berend Visser

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix red border for screensharing in linux

When sharing my screen with the MS Teams client in Fedora 32 I don't see the red border indicating that I share my screen.

It seems to be a bug in the electron internals. Teams tries to start the program
    /usr/share/teams/resources/app.asar/node_modules/slimcore/lib/../bin/rect-overlay
    although the asar is unpacked and it should be calling:
    /usr/share/teams/resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/slimcore/lib/../bin/rect-overlay
    so when I rename /usr/share/teams/resources/app.asar during runtime of ms teams and create a symbolic link from /usr/share/teams/resources/app.asar to /usr/share/teams/resources/app.asar.unpacked the red border works just fine.
    ( btw I also had to create the empty folder /usr/share/teams/resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/slimcore/lib )
    please fix so the red border appears again - thanx

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add background change to videocalls

add missing background change to Linux CLIENT

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unable to join meeting from link in Linux

The latest upgrade to the client broke the feature that allows you to join a meeting from an link in our organization.
    When clicking the link the browser launches and start up the Teams client, however, you no longer join the meeting. Instead the Teams application launches and does nothing.
    As a workaround my collegues have to manually call me so I can join.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Your microphone isn't working" randomly occurs mid-meeting

This seems to have started happening more frequently. Randomly in the middle of a meeting Teams tells me "Your microphone isn't working" and nobody can hear my audio any more. This even happens right in the middle of a sentence.

This isn't my machine (happens on multiple machines). It isn't an OS or hardware issue (Google Meet, Zoom and the Teams web app all work fine and don't do this). It only happens on the Linux version of Teams.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix audio devices breaking and actually update Teams.

When adding a new audio output device, then switching to it, the microphone input no longer works. The only way to switch to a new output device is to restart Teams.

Also please actually update Teams for Linux, like support for different views and a 3x3 grid. I use it for school every single day and having the new things for Teams like on Windows would make everything so much better, like the updated call interface.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams for Linux arm64

Share the Teams for Linux client for arm64, today only amd64 and armhf seem to exist.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Okta with Passport.js or not?

I was looking into improving my sing-up and login workflows and I looked into Okta.

At the moment we are using passport with our custom database and customs strategies and sessions remote storage. It seems like Okta can be used on its own. I did find some custom libraries online to use it with Passport.js. I don't see why you would tough.

Anyone has any experience with Okta and any opinion on why you would use it with passport ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base