Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No Approval required when getting added to contact list / Status exposure

At the moment, everyone is allowed to add you as a contact in teams without the need of approval from the one being added.

Also Status is exposed to everyone outside of my company without the chance to hide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable conversation with read only documents

As a teacher who is not setting up meetings for my pupils during timetabled classes, I discovered that in 'files' I could start a conversation about my oneNote. I am using oneNote as my 'board' while remote learning takes place.
    I assumed that pupils could see the set up the same way while we were online together. Unfortunately I discovered that they couldn't after three weeks. A large numbers of them going between multiple devices to see the oneNote and follow the live interactions on the teams thread.
    I would like pupils to have the function 'conversation' on locked documents…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There needs to be a way to sign in that does not require text capability on your phone.

I have been using computers since 1965, but I do not have text capability on my home phone or my mobile, which I only use for emergencies. There should be some alternate way to verify if you do not have text capability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customize "Join or Create a Team"

Our company has additional governance in Teams and SharePoint where we require that our users request new Teams and SharePoint sites in Service Now. It would be awesome to allow for a simple button that takes those that are looking to create a new team to that form directly. No matter how much ACM we apply we get this question almost daily. "How can I create my own Team?" because when they click on "Join or create a team" it takes them to the directory of existing teams or option to join with a code.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add spell check for feedback box and tasks/assignments box.

Please add a German spell check for the 'giving feedback box' and the field/box in which you describe a new task/assignment. In the chat it already works.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Top 10 Play Schools in Noida

Entire campus is very colorful and vibrant which attracts children the most. Kothari Starz is one of the Best Preschool and Top 10 Play Schools in Noida. We are providing the best education for children's at an affordable price and good infrastructure. View more at https://www.kotharistarz.com/top-10-play-schools-in-noida.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically join calls that are sequencing

Give five seconds time limit to decline automatic join for sequenced meetings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For upgrades from Teams Free, please provide a function that can be completed with contract forms other than Direct contract.

When upgrading from Teams Free, I contacted Microsoft Support and confirmed that the following public information steps can only be completed with a direct contract that allows you to change the number of licenses depending on the number of users in your tenant.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/29475bbd-a34f-4175-9b33-d44430f8ad39

In the end, I couldn't upgrade using the public information procedure above, but in operation I completed domain ownership verification and was a tenant administrator, so I signed a contract with a promoted management tenant. .. By assigning a license to the user, it started to be used Teams as a paid version. Become an administrator…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. For upgrades from Teams Free, please provide a function that can be completed with contract forms other than Direct contract.

When upgrading from Teams Free, I contacted Microsoft Support and confirmed that the following public information steps can only be completed with a direct contract that allows you to change the number of licenses depending on the number of users in your tenant.

In the end, I couldn't upgrade using the public information procedure above, but in operation I completed domain ownership verification and was a tenant administrator, so I signed a contract with a promoted management tenant. .. By assigning a license to the user, it started to be used Teams as a paid version. Become an administrator…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For upgrades from Teams Free, please provide a function that can be completed with contract forms other than Direct contract.

タイトル : Teams Free からのアップグレードについて、Direct 契約以外の契約形態でも完了できる機能を提供して欲しい。

詳細 : When upgrading from Teams Free, I contacted Microsoft

Teams Free からのアップグレードの際、下記の公開情報の手順で完了可能なのは、テナント内のユーザー数によって、ライセンス数の変更可能な Direct の契約形態のみであることを、Microsoft のサポートで確認した。

https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/office/29475bbd-a34f-4175-9b33-d44430f8ad39

最終的に、上記ではアップ グレードができなかったが、操作の途中で、ドメインの所有権が完了し、テナント管理者となっていたので、昇格したマネージド テナントに契約を紐づけて、ユーザーにライセンスを割り当てることで有償版として使用開始した。

Microsoft 365 サービスのセルフ サインアップによってできた非管理テナントの管理者になる公開情報の提供がない中、目標を達成することが困難であるため、管理者になるところまでのウィザードの提供や、CSP 契約や、プリペイドでのアップグレードが完了するウィザードの提供をいただきたい。

Support and confirmed that the following public information steps can only be completed with a direct contract that allows you to change the number of licenses depending on the number of users in your tenant.

In the end, I couldn't upgrade using the public information procedure above, but in operation I completed domain ownership verification and was a tenant administrator, so I signed a contract with a promoted…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. make changing your background filter/scene easier to find

make changing your background filter/scene easier to find

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Owais Sofi has been attentive and helpful but there should be a way to check that my previous porting request is at least in a que.

Owais Sofi has been attentive and helpful but there should be a way to check that my previous porting request is at least in a que.

Getting a non sensical response from the BOT Guillermo to my inquiries is frustrating

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams free should stop asking users to create an organization first

The first thing Teams asks users after sign up, is to make an organization! this requirement should be dropped. none of the platforms I mentioned above asks that and the reason is very simple. not everyone wants to be an owner of an organization.

majority of people want to join other people's Teams/Groups/Voice chats/Text chats etc. and the word "Organization" sounds like a feature that primarily is reserved for big companies and enterprises, not the average, non-tech-savvy user that wants to move from platforms like Discord or Telegram to Teams.

this is a true sentiment and even though I'm a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams State of the Union Public Address

The Teams team at Microsoft needs a public address via video explaining how they pick what to work on and why important fundamental bugs - memory usage, file download location save as - are acknowledged and then never delivered after years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Door chats te kunnen verwijderen

door chats te kunnen verwijderen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you couls visit Ofline

If you could go on teams without Internet connection or using data

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Not an idea, but a comment. Would it be possible to have a direct link to Teams training on an iPad?

I wish it was possible to have a directly link / more functionality, (e.g internal training from an iPad), which I understand is available on a desk / laptop... or this an issue to do with your access rights?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base