Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MS Teams numbers to support having the SPID released.

This is Freddy from Conquest Real Estate Investment Corporation, I would like to know if MS Teams numbers supports to have the SPID released.

We want to use A MS Teams number with an app that allows to split the sms/mms to the phone calls.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create specific presence indicator for being on the phone with Teams calling

When a person is using the calling feature on Teams, you can see this state if you hover over the presence indicator (which is red). It would be handy if there was a presence indicator which showed them being actually on a call (while using teams calling/pbx). Something similar to the do not disturb, which is the red with a white line in it. Maybe a red dot with a small white phone icon or other dedicated status indicator

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatic dialing on handset pickup (PLAR)

Phones have had a lot of changes over the years, but there are still some places that require some old school type services. One of those services: Private Line Automatic Ring-down.

This is so when you have an event venue where you can pickup a phone for customer service, taxi cabs, etc...

This is what I am looking for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Contacts listed on sidecar / expansion modules should be in alphabetical order

Currently, sidecars or expansion modules list your speed dial/favorite contacts in a seemingly random order. It is not alphabetical, but should be.

I believe they are being stacked up in the order that you actually add them to your speed dial list, which is very bizarre.... So, I'm faced with having to re-create my entire speed dial group and add everyone in alphabetical order if I want my EXP50 sidecar to list them in alphabetical order....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add visual indicator for microphone input

I'd like a visual indication of my microphone input so I can tell if it is working properly while in a call or in a metting

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Leave no proxy credentials behind.

I have set up the registry above when I enter proxy server credentials when using Teams, but the credentials are left behind. it would be nice if there was a registry setting to prevent credentials from being left behind even for Teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Easy to use 'Hang Up'

At the end of a call, we all look like idiots while we try and find the open call window so we can press the hang up button.
    Give us a universal shortcut that can be pressed from anywhere in the system to end an active call.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ringtone options

It would be sweet to give users options for ringtones when receiving calls/video chats in Teams. I hear the standard ringtone in my dreams!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Call Forward Options for Teams Phones in Common Area and Meeting Sign-in Modes

Since firmware updates were released for Teams native phones in January, the calling options (including call forward) were moved to behind the Admin Only settings menu, which is undesirable because we put a password on those settings to stop people messing with them.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/call-forwarding-has-disappeared-from-our-common/aaf4ad07-9e94-4fb5-bf7c-4597b3c5cce5

We have some use cases where users who sign in to phones in CAP and Meeting modes need to use call forward functionality. Rather than arbirarily putting those options behind the the Admin Only menu, this is a suggestion to make it a configurable option using the "CsTeamsIPPhonePolicy" set of commandlets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Standard SIP support for phones

This made the new back in 2020, announcing support in the first half of 2021.

I cannot find any information.

This is a must and can definitely onboard all those companies that have invested in hardware and offset the cost.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A smaller pop up for dialling phone numbers so teams doesn't need to be up on the screen during dialling out

A smaller pop up for dialling phone numbers so teams doesn't need to be up on the screen during dialling out. A small pop up that looks like the attached that is separate to the actual teams console

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams Dial Touch Tones not recognized while more than one participant on the call

When I add an additional participant to a meeting and dial an external number within Teams when the phone answer and you need to select touch tones within the meeting these are not recognized by the auto-attendant forcing me to drop the contact from the meeting and make the call only myself. Needs to enable the functionality of touch tones where multiple parties are on the same meeting and dialing in an external participant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. You should give the option to change the background of phone

Please give option to change background in phone

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Common Area Phone speed dial or favourites list

IP Phones configured in Common Area Mode should support a speed dial or favourites list allowing specific contacts or groups to be dialled with a single button push rather than dialling a person or group's phone number.

Scenarios where this would be beneficial are a lobby phone, hallway phone or reception phone.

Ideally, modifications would be locked on the IP Phone to prevent unauthorised modifications, and access to the dial pad would also be optionally locked the same as with the search and call park features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow the dialpad (Phone number keypad) to be able to be a seperated and constantly on-screen widget. It would make finding the phone easy.

Make the phone dialpad a break-out widget that can be left up on the screen. This would make it easier for constant users to find it, minimize screen disruption to access it, and make it easier for hanging up the calls or making call transitions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Merge Calls / Send invite from meeting to join a meeting.

Can you make a simple function that allows you to merge phone calls in teams? Regularly I will be on call with a team mate & another one calls in. I have to hang up and call both back. Should be able to simply merge as many calls as needed. Should also be able to forward a "JOIN" invite while in a meeting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base