Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gives presenters the rights to create and administer rooms

Presenters should be able to create and administer rooms, not only creators of meetings. We use Teams for professional seminars which are planned by one creator. The presenters are not able to use the rooms, since they are not the ones who organised the meeting/seminar. The dealing with rooms should be included in the presenters' rights.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move a "Teams Room" conversation from "Teams Room" to "Chat" section.

Why are the "Team" communications separate from "Chat" communications? Everyone works from "Chat" not from "Teams".

We have groups of people responding on Chats from "Calls" instead of the Teams room those Calls belong to. It is because not one moves between Teams and Chat. This is a negative UI experience.

Additionally having "conversations" from Teams, Chat, and Calls increase the amount of conversations you have to follow AND remember where a conversation happened. This is exhausting.
    --- Why aren't these synced / given ability to sync them to merge and minimize # of conversations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. More owner controlled options in breakout rooms

I have been using Teams breakout rooms during the past month with my PLC meetings. I really appreciate the ability to do that. The problem I’m having is planning. The PLC that I am managing has over 150 members. It is for elementary and middle school teachers. During our meeting we break out into grade level groups of about 10-15 people each. Before I can create groups, the meeting must start. Once the meeting is underway, groups can be created, and that’s not a problem. Where I am experiencing an issue is being able to identify grade levels and quickly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add support for Polycom cx5500

Please add support for Polycom cx5500 devices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More control over Coordinated Meetings experience

The Coordinated Meetings feature is great if you have fixed Surface Hubs in MTR-enabled rooms, but who can afford that?! We have one Surface Hub on wheels with a battery and it gets booked out and rolled around to different meeting rooms as required. Unfortunately, rooms are close together and if we turn Coordinated Meetings on in these rooms, the Surface Hub ends up joining meetings (without interaction) even if it is not in the room or booked for the meeting. This is a huge security issue preventing us from turning the feature on. It would be great to see…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add chat to MTR Screen

I know that others have suggested this (years ago), but an MTR display should be able to use the chat functionality. This is used massively in meetings and would remove the need to have access to Teams via separate device when using the MTR.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams Roombooking Panel (creating web based overview screens on 3rd party displays)

As with the release of Teams Room Panels, I must say that the current features are very basic comparing with long-time existing roombooking systems. Hopefully new features will come soon.

One of those features I would like to see is the possibility to create webbased overview screens for selected meetingrooms which show the active and/or upcoming meeting with start hour, presentor info, subject info and location info. To show in a hall way on a signage display which meeting goes on where and what the direction to that meeting is. That way, we can simply digitally guide attendees to their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Auto start and auto record

Team rooms should have an option to start and stop meetings based on calendar schedule including auto recording option. This is standard in Zoom rooms and by not having the same features it prevents my company from changing to Teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. multiple facilitators within breakout rooms

During the facilitation of workshops / training courses, we work together with several facilitators. This should make it easy to navigate between the different rooms. If this is possible at all, it is not easy to find.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Group Attendance history / Who joined log / minutes log

There doesn't appear to be an attendance log for regular group meetings. Good for the minutes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. teams room content share with zoom / third party solutions via HDMI

Add the ability the use the HDMI cable on teams room systems to content share with third party meetings (zoom, webex, ect..). Today this only works with Teams meetings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Launching Breakout Rooms with Sound

The new Breakout Rooms system is awesome and the feature to 'kick' assigned people to rooms automatically within 10 seconds is perfect. It would be nice to have a Rocket Launch sound playing which counts the kick off in - of course you can dis- or enable this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alphabetize names when trying to manually assign breakout rooms!

When I am trying to manually sort my students into breakout rooms, it takes so long to find the students I am looking for to put in each group- especially in a class of 30. It would be much faster if the names were listed alphabetically, so I could quickly find the students for each group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Could we get an app, especially for video, on Android TV without having to sideload?

Got an Android TV box (nvidia shield pro) and it works great as a VC unit with Logic cams - but only really for Duo/Meet. With a lot more home users, especially Execs, would be good to give them a more professional setup without breaking the bank and an Android TV box seems to be a great way to do it - especially one with the power of Nvidia Shield Pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams Collaboration Bar Meeting Chat

Is there any way to have the chat functionality added for Android Teams Collaboration Bars? This would make meetings with Collaboration Bars on large screens more fluid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Alphabetical list of participants to create breakout groups

When creating assigned breakout groups, it would be very helpful if participants were listed in alphabetical order to allow for quicker assignment to rooms. Currently, it lists participants in a random order with some with their first names listed first and others with their last name listed first.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. breakout rooms - people selection

I have to assign 160 people manually to different breakout rooms. Therefore, please make it possible to select people from a list of participants in alphabetic order

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow for a meeting organizer to add documents/power point decks to break out rooms

In a training program, when I move learners into small groups for a guided discussion I want them to be able to see a power point deck upon entry to the room. This deck contains the conversation prompts for their discussion.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base