Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to pre-assign participants into break out groups or create randomly assigned groups

I'm working to design virtual facilitation for a group of 300. I would love to be able to randomly assign them into breakout groups or pre-assign them for when the join the training. We're currently creating calls via channels with a smaller group but worry that will be unsustainable with the larger 300 group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Miracast and HDMI input on the new Collaboration bars

Enable Miracast and HDMI input on the new Collaboration bars, the Poly X30/50 is a superb piece of equipment that is severely hampered by Teams. Please release the cool stuff and make these bars work as they should do!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Larger Gallery View on MTR's

we now have 3x3 Gallery view (soon to be 7x7) on the Windows client, yet MTR's which have much larger screens are still limited to 4 participants being displayed on the screen at any time.

we desperately need this to be updated to 9 ASAP, and ultimately 49 to be inline with the client.

it would also be nice to be able to configure how many you want to see in order to make best use of the screen you have dependent on the size.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams room systems - Support for more than 4 video feeds

We have put in a large investment into setting up all of our meeting rooms with Microsoft Teams Room system hardware but are disappointed that on such a large screen I can still only see up to 4 others at a time.

It is necessary that, like the desktop versions of Teams that rooms systems are able to show more that 4 video feeds - ideally 3x3 or more.

It is a frequent call we get to our support desk from users, they are often reverting to using a laptop plugged into the HDMI cable instead of using the Teams…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add 7x7 Video for Teams Room Systems

Add 7x7 Video for Teams Room Systems

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. pop out meeting from TEAMs App.

now the feature of popping put a chat is added. but still a meeting can not be popped out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. que los fondos de pantalla no aparezcan al revés

Cuando pones un fondo de pantalla que tiene texto, te aparecen al revés los textos. debería invertirse la foto por defoult

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Eliminar fondos de pantalla agregados

Algunas veces subes algún fondo de pantalla y no queda bien pero ya no se puede eliminar. debería tener la posibilidad de eliminar cualquier fondo agregado que ya no se quiera tener.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Crestron Flex Teams room camera

Currently, we have the limitation in Teams meeting room Cameras
    Currently, Teams Rooms only support one camera. Skype Rooms support multiple cameras and can be selected on the user interface while in a meeting.

pelase check and add more camera options ( “Audience” or “Presenter” camera ) in Teams meeting room system

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow users to modify the displayed name of the room participant during a Teams meeting

It would be a nice feature if the person inside the room could change the displayed name of the room towards the other participants.
    If you are joining a meeting with people using MTR system in a room ( or rooms), it can be hard to remember the name of those people if you don´t know them well. Currently when people in a room are talking, it is the room´s name that is displayed towards the other participants. This becomes even more relevant if you have several MTR systems participating in the same Teams meeting.

This could be implemented either…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Whiteboard option when not in a meeting

Teams Rooms needs a Whiteboard button on the control screen so you can start a Whiteboard directly from the screen without being in an active Teams meeting. Just like you kan present content from the HDMI ingest without being in a meeting.

We would like to implement Teams Rooms in all our meeting rooms with the main screen being a touchscreen so that people can use the screen as a whiteboard instead of a traditional whiteboard.

However not all meeting are online meetings, so it's important to have the Whiteboard option directly on the device even when no meeting have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix the notifications that make you stop seeing the meeting chat

I don´t like when you are on a meeting, and then you open the chat and I don´t know, a million of notifications start to appear in front of your scream and suddenly you can´t see the chat anymore. I know that you can change your status, but if you do that, you can´t see your personal chat notifications anymore. So, if you please could fix that, I and a whole other bunch of people would appreciate very much. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. meeting time bar

add a bar indicating the progress of the meeting in terms of consumed time and a bell when only 5 minutes are left

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. the ability to reply to a message

I would like to have the ability to reply to a comment the same way telegram does.
    When are are multiple people in the same room, multiple messages/questions/comments are simultaneously sent and it become hard to replay to a single comment.

Telegram offers this feature. It will show a part of the message and the replied message. You can also click on the shorten message and it will lead you to the complete message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Holding rooms for speakers, and different control for organizers vs presenters

It would be good to have holding rooms for speakers, where speakers can discuss before participants are allowed into the virtual room, and also give the organizer more control than presenters (e.g. organizer to have full control of muting, unmuting, showing video or not, deleting people, allowing people into differnt rooms, assigning different roles, etc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. sharescreen with breakout groups

As the resource speaker, I would like to share my screen for all the created break out groups for my workshops and role plays. the screen will serve as their guide in the process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support for 4K Video and Webcams

Improve video quality to 4K and support 4K Webcams for both MS Teams and Meeting rooms

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MTR selfvew size should be larger

Can the Selfview size be increased on the MTR and the ability to have different layout views. The selfview size is extremely small no matter the size of the monitor.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Control collaboration bar from tablet

Collaboration bars are brillant ideas, especially for smallest room. Unfortunately, all these kind of rooms do not have tactil screens to control/launch a call and idea of this kind of equipment is also to be autonomous. It should be possible to have control tablet available to launch teams meeting/call.
    Note that traditional remote controllers are always broken or lost so seem not a good idea.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create bridge between phone app and PC app so I can use phone app for voice and PC app for presentation and not join twice.

Create a bridge between the phone app and PC app so you can quickly connect to audio via phone app. We don't have a conference phone bridge and I find myself logging in via my phone app to use my headphones and my PC app to see the presentation. There are great features for "calling me" if a phone bridge is available, it would be nice to have a button to connect audio via Microsoft Teams app on phone too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base