Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. About whiteboard logs

If the user is using a whiteboard, it should remain in the audit log.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to go back and record a session after it has started.

Making it possible to record an entire session, after if has already started.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Indicate that my video is currently visible

Today, when you are in a call with 5+ participants, only four participants are featured at a given time (the last four who have spoken). If there are 5 or more participants, it's impossible to tell whether you are one of those four featured participants at any given time.

I know there is separate feedback about making everyone's webcams visible instead of just the last four people who have been speaking, which I am in support of. But in the meantime, and even after that feature gets implemented, it would be really helpful to know if you are one of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. screen share preview

Feature: The ability to see a preview window of your own screen share live during a sharing session

The existing screen preview before sharing is very useful - however presenters still end up with problems that "live self-screen-share" would help with.

In online meetings often people presenting have multiple screens and might be presenting the wrong one (even with screen share preview before launching) or there might be lag for participants in seeing the screen changes.

There is often discussion between participants asking questions like "are you seeing this", "are you sharing the right screen", "did you know the screen…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Roll call feature

The awkward roll-call that kicks off our 10+ person meetings needs a solution!

The moderator needs to see a simple list that lists attendees. The feature/tool could allow people to click a name and "check-in" when they join a call. The feature would also address the situation when a few people are in a room together and join a call. Currently, only the individual who calls in is listed which doesn't actually capture who is "on the call."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. remove or significantly minimize attendee log when sharing a screen

When somebody is sharing his/her screen during a Teams meeting, there is a band at the bottom of the screen sharing window. the band shows the attendees but it's taking a lot of space that could be used for enlarging shared screen. i couldn't figure out how to minimize or eliminate this bottom band.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams meeting support in Firefox

Teams meeting support in Firefox

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add a button or way to close or hide the control bar at the bottom of the Microsoft Teams meeting. It is blocking meeting content. I

Please add a button or way to close or hide the control bar at the bottom of the Microsoft Teams meeting. It is blocking meeting content. I know that is will disappear in a few seconds if I don't touch my mouse or keyboard or breathe too hard, but that is a terrible solution. It will take your software engineers a couple of minutes to add this feature. Please do it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Screen-share/Meeting Window Pop-out

Would it be possible to include the "pop-out" feature for the screen-share/meeting window to be independent of the Chat window? This way, you are able to maximize the screen-share while still being able to address any pressing chat messages in a separate window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ubiety

Create integration with Ubiety (http://ubiety.me/)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow guests

Allows guests from other teams into your team meeting, or build "temporary access" so meetings held within teams can be opened to other employees

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need to turn on / off "automatically admit people" in tenant settings

Need to turn on / off "automatically admit people" in tenant settings.

Preventing organizers from changing lobby settings is important for managing the company's security level.

Administrators should be able to choose whether or not lobby settings can be changed by the organizer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In calls>>History section, there should be the history of meetings as well and show total time spent in calls/meetings per day

In this history section, currently, meeting time is not present.
    Ideally, it should show timings of all the meetings and it show the total time spent in the calls/meeting for the single day.
    it will help each individual to plan their day accordingly and it will keep track of how much time we are spending in the calls/meetings per day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make meeting notes easier to view and edit during meeting

The Wiki notes do not work very well. Notes do not update and some are showing as locked, it isn't clear how to unlock them. It is very confusing.

In all other Office 365 collaborative documents you can all edit at the same time and see as others type - why not here?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Connect to Teams meeting with SfB client

Connect to Teams meeting with SfB client

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Meetings participants list

I'll would like to have the possibility of extract a list of who joined in a meeting organized by me.

Today, I can only see this when the meeting is happening, and I have to take printscreens to document it.

Would be great if we receive a e-mail of the chat history, as we had in Skype for Business. Or, something like that. But please, implement it. I really miss this feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Only show active cameras in the quadrant view.

Don't waste quadrant/main screen space with place-holder images of either people with camera off or phone callers. If only one participant turns their camera on (but many are in the call) you see them in 1/4 of the screen and the other 3 quadrants are place-holders. Why not show the active speaker full screen, or split only as needed with other active cameras?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How can I play music (that I choose) while waiting for participants to join, please?

I would like to play a song (source from Youtube) while particpoants join the meeting, please
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When using WhiteBoard participants need to be able to point to the board

Most of the time when using a WhiteBoard the presenter will point to somewhere on the screen so other participants can see where he is refering to.
    Eg. in Slack there is the option you can draw something, which will fade out in a few seconds.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 61 62
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base