Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ask to join entire team to a 'Meet Now' meeting

When in an ad-hoc Meet Now meeting, it would be good to be able to 'Ask to Join' the entire team, rather than having to manually ask each individual.
    There could be a need for an urgent meeting, which you would start, but then would have to manually Ask-to-Join/Dial each user. Would be great to ask the entire group in one go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. disable audible notifications at the meeting level as opposed to tenant level

While you can currently control audible notifications at the tenant level this is not possible at the meeting options level for each meeting. Please introduce this ability.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. PUT THE "MEETING" ICON/LINK BACK INTO THE LEFT SIDE PANEL.

Why did you remove the "Meetings" icon?????

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Phone Audio shouldn't disable video

When joining a meeting and using the new Phone Audio option (thank you!), the desktop client also disables the video. Selecting Phone Audio should call your phone but it's not necessary to disable video on the client. It adds an extra step to re-enable the video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple presenters while sharing a PowerPoint

Allow the person sharing a presentation to delegate slide control to other users on the call. This will facilitate multiple presenters to seamlessly control the presentation and see presenter notes for slides they are presenting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Turn off "Meeting Lobby Feature" at User Level

Ability for Each User to turn of "Lobby" feature for meetings forever. A simple checkbox binary option.

"Do you want your Teams Meetings to have a lobby from which you must admit members?" Yes/No

Then, you don't have to manually do it each meeting. But you could still turn it on for individual meetings, if you'd like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Schedule a meeting that others can start/manage

We have multiple standing meetings. With our current meeting software, we can assign co-organizers who can start/host those meetings on behalf of the person who created them in cases where the meeting creator is out for whatever reason. In order to move to Teams, we need this functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adjust Volume Feature

I think teams would be better if there is a feature that enables users adjust volumes in meetings. With this feature, you can join more than one meeting at the same time or even be part of a meeting while accessing some other media files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Do not ignore Chromium browser for features

I'm using Chromium browser on Linux and when I tried to join meeting Microsoft Teams offer me to try a different browser Edge or Chrome. But, if I change User-Agent to Chrome meeting works fine. Could you please accept Chromium browser to use meeting too?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to add outside email contacts for meetings

I have lots of meetings with outside venders and I have to add their emails to the invite every time. I would like to be able to pick from my history or maybe you can add a email box on the new contact section that will work with the invite email section. So as I type someone's name their email will come up as a choice and not just internal people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. start a private chat while screen sharing

Occasionally while hosting a meeting and sharing my screen, I need to start a private chat with someone not in the meeting WITHOUT allowing everyone in the meeting to view the chat. Can that be added as an option in Teams?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow IMAP account to create Teams meeting from Outlook client

IMAP account with the same user principal name with Office 365 should be able to create a Teams meeting directly from Outlook client. Currently, we are unable to set up both accounts in one single Outlook profile as they have the same address. Shortcut for Teams is available on Outlook, however, IMAP account with the same UPN with Office 365 is not permitted to create meetings. It would be troublesome to switch Outlook profile from one to another.

It would be a great help to make this feature possible in the future. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams Online: Camera-picture is rotated about 90 degress at online-version of teams

The picture of the camera is rotated by using the ONLINE-Version of teams.
    If we use the local app everything is ok

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No Possibility for camera-settings in Teams at the moment

There is no possibility to change camera settings in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Controlling participation in conferences using dial-out numbers for anonymous users in Teams conferences

I want to add a function to control participation in a conference using a dial-out number for anonymous users in a Teams conference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Record in a 2 person meeting

I don't seem to be able to record a meeting when there is only 2 participants.

It would be good to do that.

Currently I have to make sure there are 3 in the meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Administrators to Edit Format of Join By Phone Links

Teams meetings include a "join by phone" link for automatically dialing the dial-in phone number and conference ID. After dialing the phone number two soft pauses are inserted before the conference ID is entered.

In Skype for Business there was a single soft pause, which was preferable because it allowed the conference ID to be entered before an attendee received a voice prompt to enter a conference ID.

Administrators should have to ability to edit the format for the "Join By Phone" link.

In our case, we at least want the ability to choose between these two formats:
    tel:<phone number>,,<conference…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Join Teams meeting directly from Outlook calendar or reminder

Open Teams and join Teams meeting directly from Outlook calendar link or a button in the "Outlook Reminder" dialog popup. Currently this is the behavior of Skype for Business: you click on the "Join Skype Meeting" link in the calendar item or click the "Join Meeting" in the Reminder dialog and Skype automatically opens and connects you to the meeting. This is not the case for MS Teams and is more of a pain to join the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Record meeting - Pause Feature

I recently started a recording and during break time I couldn't pause a meeting rather had to stop and start, which created 2 recording files

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a feature to store your desk phone number in Teams for Meeting audio.

Can you add a feature to store your desk number in Teams, like you can in Skype? So if you use your desk phone for audio you don't have to keep typing in the phone number for each meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.