Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamically show an visual indicator in the team picture if the team has guest users.

Dynamically show an visual indicator in the team picture if the team has guest users. Like the presence indicator in user profile picture. The reason is that users need to be aware if they are posting in a team where there may be external guest users. It is not easy to find out as a normal users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TEAMS Guest access is NOT user friendly...please help

The current TEAMS is not user friendly for the purpose of bringing together a group of people from different organisations to collaborate. Too many issues getting them all on the same team and too many times they are denied entrance to the team. I believe teams can be the difference between a well manged process and a half-@$$ version. I have just decided to use Trello without the TEAMS to get to it. It is less difficult t0 access and still does everything I need it to do. But because we can't collaborate on the files its a problem. PLEASE…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. since I work in construction, I have to deal with many other organizations. Here it is hard to get all the companies on one team. Many alrea

since I work in construction, I have to deal with many other organizations. Here it is hard to get all the companies on one team. Many already have Office 365. Thus, we have, for example. 10 different organizations working on one channel. Now one company has 5 other construction sites, 5 other builders use the teams. Now this company has to change teams with every message. This is very complicated. Is there nothing better?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Function to permit administrators to allow guests to approve invitations.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teamsにて、ゲストユーザーによる招待を管理者が承認を許可する機能
    Function to permit administrators to allow guests to approve invitations.

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teamsにて、ゲストユーザーによる招待を管理者が承認を許可する機能を実装してほしい。

I would like for administrators to be able to grant the ability to approve invitations to guest users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. endre navn på gjester

Ønsker å kunne endre navn på gjester, etter at de er lagt til i teamet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Heavy App and Inclusion limitations

Mobile App is sluggish.. First of all....
    As of now there is no ability to invite or let external people be involved in channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it easy to connect with other companies.

Make sure company to company i can add people to a chat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. removing the need to do tenant switching when you participate in another organization's teams as a guest.

Hello. We have been trying to get our university community to adopt Teams as a collaboration suite. We run into the problem that external/guest Team users have to switch to our organization/tenant to take part in the relevant Teams in order to collaborate with us. The same also applies with our users participating as guests in other organisations. We are getting feedback from external partners, consultants and even from some of our own faculties that this not the best user experience. We also get comments that other tools on the market (even Microsoft skype for business) handle it in a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow Direct Team To Team Intergration

Currently, When you access a Guest Team you need to switch to the Guest user. I would like to See the External Team in my Teams App. this will allow better notifications as well as better integration

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow guest users to search files

Internal users can see three tabs, Messages, People and Files when they input keywords in the search bar. However, guest users can only see two tabs, Messages and People. The Files tab is not shown to guest users when they search keywords. So, it would be great that guest users can search files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show pop up alerts for both regular account and when logged in as guests.  ゲストアクセスしている際、ゲスト側でも通常のアカウントでも通知されるようにしてほしい。

Currently when logged in your regular account you do not receive pop up alerts when chat received at your guest account, nor the other way around; when logged in your guest account there are no pop up alerts when chat is received at regular account. Please add feature to show pop up alerts for both accounts!!!
    現在通常アカウントでログイン時、ゲストアカウントで受信してもポップアップの通知が届きません。またゲストアカウントにログイン時、通常アカウントで受信しても通知が届きません。いずれもポップアップ通知が届くようにしてください!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Logging user’s activities which have done in the external tenant

I would like you to add a feature to collect user activity logs such as file uploading and conversation histories which has been done in the external tenant where the user had been invited in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Invite external users (guests) during MS Teams meeting

Currently, organizers can only invite organization-affiliated members to join the meeting *while the meeting is running*. For external users, you have to copy the meeting link, paste it into an email and send it. This is very inconvenient. It would be good to permit (like you can in the invite to the meeting) simply type the email addresses of extenal users while being in a meeting to also invite them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lobby

If anonymous users are in the lobby (e.g. joining by first name only), it would be good to have a feature that allows communicating with users waiting in the lobby for identification (e.g. ask them to provide additional informaiton who they are). At present, you only have accept/reject option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide internal user presences of a tenant which invites a guest user from Outlook client for the guest

In Teams, if a guest user is signing in to a tenant whose invited in, the internal user presences of the tenant are shown in the guest user’s Outlook client. However, for the security reason, we don’t want the guest user to see the internal presences and would like to have a feature to hide the user presences of the tenant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Guest invitation only for specific domains

I would like to be able to configure the settings to allow guest invitations only to specific domains using the GUI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Resolve Guests, Contacts and Mail Users conflicts

Currently if you want a contact (to add to Distribution Lists) a mail user (to allow the external user to have an alias in this tenant) and a guest (to allow SP/Teams access from their external account, you have to create these in the right order, i.e. contact then guest then mail user.

Whilst I understand the complexity at the back end, we really should remove this conflicting between guests and other object types, and the service should resolve those issues itself.

It is clearly acceptable to have all three objects, so it should allow them to be created in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Labelling guests dialing in from phone

When you have folks/guests with cell phones join in the call, the user should be able to label the cell phone with the person's name and secondly, Teams should remember that label for when the caller dials in again in the future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to invite non-members to chat and meetings whilst restricting access to all other content.

To have the ability to invite non-members to a private channel meeting or chat whilst restricting their access to all other content. Their inactivity in a chat or meeting will disconnect them permanently after a set period, e.g. 60 minutes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.