Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Changing the UPN of a guest user is not reflected.

In the tenant who invited the guest, changing the UPN does not change in the Teams app.

Although it seems to be a display only, it should be changed so as not to confuse the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow guest access to be turned off by default and have the ability to add guest access for individual teams.

currently if we want any team to have guest access it has to be turned on globally. we want to have it turned off by default and still have ability to allow for designated teams. currently we have to catch each team when created and turn off and then turn it on for designated teams. this is a cumbersome process.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to allow Guest user to create new teams & create meetings, and have all the rights as regular user in the MS Teams.

Ability to allow Guest user to create new teams & create meetings, and have all the rights as regular user in the MS Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. shift app

Allow to add guest access in shift app..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow B2B users with usertype member

We have 2 tenants, 1 tenant for USA stores and 1 tenant for Canada stores, both are separate tenants.

To collaborate on a frequent basis, we added few USA stores users in the Canada stores tenant as B2B users

B2B users get the error "You don't have access to the org in Teams. Select another org, or contact your admin for more details" when a B2B user, with user type of member, try to switch to another org in Teams.

B2B users, with user type of member, need to have a Microsoft Teams license assigned in the guess tenant as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow for outside e-mail addresses to be added to groups

Maybe I have not learned how to do this. But, I would like to add people to our Non Profit Society group. These people all have outside e-mail accounts, but are members of our society. Can I add these beople to a group in Teams? I have added them all to our Exchange Contacts and I have created a Bulk e-mail account for these people. I am able to e-mail all of these people using this e-mail account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Microsoft Teams Allow Domain List

Add the ability to create an allow domain list per Microsoft Teams (and Office Groups) instance. The only means to control allowed domain lists is at the Azure Active Directory tenant level. The SharePoint site collection allow domain list model is a good analogy where each site collection can have a dedicated allow domain list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Settings for guest users invitation

We would like to have more detail settings such as the permission value for a guest user invitation when own tenant user is invited as a guest for external teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make it easier to leave a guest organisation

as a guest in another company's organisation it is hard to leave that team yourself.
    you can switch to it, but you can't manage your guest user itself or your membership

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How to verify the guest invitation for internal users

Need a feature that can verify if tenant users are invited as guest for an external tenant.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add the control of the function to invite guests to naming policy

The ability to control which teams can be invited by team name is very useful.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enhance Guest Invite authentication to recognize disabled aliases under a Microsoft account

Microsoft Teams Guest invites should work for any email address that belongs to a Microsoft account, regardless of whether or not that email address is an active / primary alias for the account.

I recently received a guest invite from a former employer on my personal email address. The email address that recieved this remains my primary email, but i disabled it as a login alias to stop hackers from trying to breach my account. As a result, I am unable to accept the Teams guest invitation, as this email address is not an active alias, despite the fact that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Guest configuration per user

Tenant admin can enable/disable some features for guest users in tenant-wide guest configuration now. I want feature to control these settings per guest users.
    For example, I want to enable private call for guest-A, but don't for guest-B.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. don't have multiple Instance to view diffenent tihng at a time

When we r view any video in one instance at same time if we get the msg if we view tht thn again i need to go back to that video to play

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let guests change their name and icon

Seriously ridiculous that I have my full email on display and I can’t even change my name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Upload Multiple user profiles

Need to be able to link using AD, LDAP, Exchange, pull from my address book and Upload Multiple user profiles at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. a guest should be able to use teams without needing an account

1. make it possible to easily establish "trust" relationships between Azure AD and Windows AD, so it will be possible to pick users from the "trusted" Windows AD and make them guests. Could be a light version of the normal trust, just enough so customers can get easy access. After the "trust" is established and a remote user is added, that user should get a mail (message) with a link. Clicking that link should bring the user straight into the online version of teams, at the right place and the right view. No questions, no prompts or anything else should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. lack of retention and controls for users when they guest into other tenant

When our Teams users guest into another company's tenant, our tenant doesn't capture the eComms for private or channel chats and channel files viewed, edited, or shared which could present compliance, retention, auditing and legal issues.Retaining that data , providing audit logs showing who guested into which tenants when, being able to disable our users ability to guest into other company's tenants and being able to configure whitelists of allowable tenants for our users to guest into along with graph apis for pulling the captured retention data is a must have,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.