Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams for Linux starts typing text automatically after sharing your screen

Start a call, share your screen, After exiting the call or even before you finish the call, try typing a sentence or copy pasting text with ctrl+c ctrl+v. You should see very weird behaviour with random keys being pressed. The issue disappears if you exit teams.
    Kernel: 5.0.0-37-generic
    Teams Build No: teams1.2.00.32451amd64

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. copy paste shifts works across calendar month

copy paste a block of shifts stops at the end fo the current calendar month. WHen I copy for example a 3 week rota it should roll on to the next calendar month even if that is not in view. Also I cannot select some shifts in the next calendar month as well as ones in current month for copying ahead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chat is not highlighted after a reply

Chat is not bolded/highlighted after someone replied

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Don’t lose my stuff.

I keep losing stuff from my planner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Read Receipts need to be recalled when the reader marks something as unread

Just because something flashes on my screen while I have the program open does not mean I've actually read it. The program cannot possibly know if I have.

I really hope that you are delaying the sending of the read receipt by like an hour or so to compensate for this already. It really is a terrible feature. This needs to act LESS like email or you arent solving a problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow us to delete the chat

Why can't we delete chats?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can't remove members of group chat - should be already implemented

I have a deleted Office 365 user who remains as "unknown user" in my group chats. I found the information, that removal should be available since November 2019 (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18762736-allow-removal-of-people-from-group-chats)

There you find the information: Note: Your admin will need to turn on this setting to allow members to remove each other from a group chat.

I have no idea where to activate this feature. We do have Office 365 Business Premium. I'm an administrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. On Linux (Ubuntu) the beta MSTeams continues consume CPU after a call.

On Linux (Ubuntu) the beta MSTeams continues consume CPU after a call. 100% Reproducible on my laptop. Noted that by noise from my laptop's cooling fan not being turned off without any notable reason after a morning's daily meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Not Showing Proper Name and not able to Connent

I have reached one of my collogues from the Client team, it shows this person is outside of your organization that's perfectly cool . we chatted each other . But after sometime i am not able to reach with my collogues within our organization . The person name also showing pop up that outside of the Organization with the Client domain id .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Receiving chat responses are delayed several minutes

getting chat responses back in Teams has started to slow dramatically - with it now taking 8-10 minutes to get the response on my desktop client .(8-10 minutes after I get the response on my phone) This is on a Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. notification of emoji under alerts while in chat.

While in a conversation I perform other actions in other applications including emails. The activity should only be for new alerts or if more than 30 minutes passes on a chat or if there is a new chat.
    To have an activity provide an alert for an emoji on a current conversation is redundant as best. Why do I have to leave the conversation to acknowledge the alert in activities and then go back to the conversation where I was to begin with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improving ordering of posts with answers

I recommend improving the order of the messages when in a chat in a Teams channel with a group of people.

Imagine this situation:
    - Person 1 posts something (this post is the first to appear at the screen)
    - Person 2 makes another post (this post is the second to appear at the screen)
    - Person 3 answers Person 1 (post from 1 is moved to apper after post from 2)

If Person 4 enters and reads the messages, he can be a little confused with the order.

I recommend not changing the order, considering the time of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Generated Conference ID not matching is different to Teams Meeting Details

Hi have recently set up re occurring Teams Meetings starting from Oct 2019 - which generated a teams dial in number and conference ID. I have now discovered that most of the Conference IDs are not working when we have those that want to dial in. When I join the teams meeting online and check the meeting details the conference ID is difference to what was generated. ....Any ideas of what has happened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. NEW iOS notification problem! No notifications for REPLIES in conversations in channels!

NEW notification problem on iPhone!

Recently, iPhones are giving notifications ONLY for FIRST post of new conversations in a channel, but NONE of the replies...

However, if the iPhone user replies to (not just views) the conversation, the user will receive notification for ONE subsequent reply to that conversation. If the there's >1 reply, s/he won't see those (and again, would not have seen 1st reply unless the iPhone user him/herself replied to the conversation).

I have gone exhaustively through settings on phone and web, uninstalled/reinstalled Teams, confirmed on multiple devices. Also, behavior is correct on web/desktop (all replies get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG - Dial Pad for PSTN

When the Dial PAD is open on a microsoft teams room device, you are unable to receive a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow all documents to be uploaded from PC

It feels like a bug that I am unable to upload anything other than a PPT when I am facilitating a Teams meeting. I would like to Browse from my PC and upload an excel spreadsheet, rather than just sharing my screen or a window - but receive an error message that only PowerPoint files are supported. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams does not use regional settings correctly

Teams overrides regional settings from Windows 10 and shows dates incorrectly. I want to use english UI because of international environment but correct local regional settings for dates, times etc. This is not possible now. Please fix so that Teams follows Windows 10 regional settings or that I can keep UI in english but regional settings correctly as in my country.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. No sound notification! That's hardly usable!

We need sound notification on incoming chats! Present situation ist creating a mess.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 115 116
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base