Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Document Library in Teams refuses to follow Sharepoint default folder sort within column

Created a new document library tab within Teams and it is not following the sort order that has been edited in Sharepoint. (This is contrary to what was reported by Alex, Teams Engineering, Microsoft Teams on August 20, 2020.) Editing the view within Sharepoint does not update the document library view within Teams. Suggestions?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Started Teams Meeting, but name & invitees of meeting are not accurate

I have a recurring Teams meeting set up. When I start the meeting via the Teams mobile app (iPhone), the app throws me into a meeting from my calendar in the past. The group of attendees includes the invitees of both the correct, reoccurring meeting AND the invitees of the incorrect meeting from the past.

Example: I joined a meeting called "Recurring Meeting ABC" and when it loads into the meeting, the title of the meeting is called, "Past Meeting XYZ." The invitees include all members invited to the "Recurring Meeting ABC" as well as "Past Meeting XYZ."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Incoming phone call details being replaced by last Teams Meeting details

When I receive cellular phone calls after recently exiting out of a Teams Meeting on my mobile device from the phone app (iPhone), the incoming call details are being replaced by the Teams Meeting name that I just exited.

Example: my wife calls me on my cell phone after leaving a Teams Meeting titled, "ABC Meeting." Instead of my wife's name showing as the incoming call, my phone tells me that "ABC Meeting" is calling me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. About deletion of Box folders added with the “Add cloud storage” item in a team

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams チームの「クラウドストレージを追加」項目から追加した Box フォルダの削除について
    About deletion of Box folders added with the “Add cloud storage” item in a team

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams において、チームのファイルタブの「クラウドストレージを追加」項目から追加した Box のフォルダを削除する際、「削除」項目が2つ表示されます。
    左側の「削除」からは、削除が行えず、右側の「削除」からのみ削除が行える動作のため、2つ表示される「削除」項目を 1 つに改善し、Box フォルダの削除が行えるよう機能の改善を要望いたします。

Currently on Teams, if you delete a Box folder that was added with the “Add cloud storage” item in the team file tab, there are two “delete” items displayed.
    The left-hand one does not delete the folder, but the right-hand one does, so please merge both of these into one “delete” option, making it possible to delete these Box folders.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mute while sharing screen

Currently it is NOT possible to mute yourself while sharing your screen with sound. If you press the mute button also the presentation will be muted. Please add this feature ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. url links should work, should be able to add shortcuts to server addresses

pasting shortcut addresses into Microsoft Teams should allow the members to open a url or file that's is not in sharepoint.

i.e. to link to projectwise or other file management system that offices use for projects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Frequently facing this issue - if someone calls us through teams, only audio coming up but its not showing up the notification of calls

Frequently facing this issue with teams if someone calls us through teams, only audio coming up but its not showing up the notification of calls.
    Infact lot of people are facing this issue these days. i think It pops up last month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Observed a bug while displaying names in any teams meeting

a. Observed a bug where the teams is showing code along with the name
    of the attendees at the time of attending the meeting , for all the users joined through some different domains.
    Attached is the screenshot for reference and let me know if need more details on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If participating in a meeting in a separate window, the “Start recording” item is not displayed at first

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams 会議を別ウインドウで参加した場合に、参加当初は [レコーディングの開始] の項目が表示されない。
    If participating in a meeting in a separate window, the “Start recording” item is not displayed at first

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams デスクトップクライアントで、別ウインドウで会議に参加した場合に、参加当初は [レコーディングの開始] の項目が表示されない。
    また、もう一度 [...] をクリックすると表示がされる動作となる。
    別ウインドウで会議に参加をした場合に、参加当初から [レコーディングの開始] が表示されるよう機能修正を希望します。

If you are participating in a meeting in a separate window on the Teams desktop app, the “Start recording” item is not displayed at first.
    It is, however, displayed when clicking on the … button for a second time.
    Please make it so that the “Start recording” option is correctly shown from the start when participating in a meeting in a separate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can we enable the feature to delete the old chats? This unneccesaary increase the data in account. It may also impact the efficency.

When I try to ping someone on MS Teams the whole history of chats appears in my screen. This sometime irritates me. Also I have to look into the details to see which is the last chat we had.

If we can have the option of deleting the old chats it would be more user friendly and efficient as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Delete old out of date posts by team members

enable users to be able to delete old out of date posts by team members

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Manage feedback by merging suggestions

I don't see a meta tag or UserVoice tag, but someone should be managing uservoice and merging duplicate suggestions.

For example, there are multiple suggestions for improving volume that go back to 2015, some of which have hundreds of votes, but because there are so many duplicates they aren't properly counted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Manage feedback by merging suggestions

I don't see a meta tag or UserVoice tag, but someone should be managing uservoice and merging duplicate suggestions.

For example, there are multiple suggestions for improving volume that go back to 2015, some of which have hundreds of votes, but because there are so many duplicates they aren't properly counted.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. highlight my name when my i'm speaking

i can't tell if anyone can hear me; when others speak, MS Teams highlights their name. When i speak, MS teams is not displaying or highlighting my name so i can't tell if my microphone is working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 163 164
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base