Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show entire conversation on with search results

Currently when you search for older messages and select a result Teams will only return the one result. If it's a conversation from 3 months ago where I only know a handful of words I really am looking for some context, and showing the surrounding messages (like slack or discord) would help a ton.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View my full activity history

GDPR gives Europeans a right to ask for all the saved personal information and it seems to be the only way to get to view my personal activity history. Seriously, why we can't properly view our own activity history, it only shows few lines and doesn't offer option to search farther away? Should have a date filter as well to search for specific dates and full text search. I want full access to my own self written data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Search within a Chat

Search within a chat

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search text within in-line chat image

When images with text in them are posted to a channel or thread within a channel it would be nice if they could be indexed and thus searchable.

Images are currently searchable if they are added as files within a MS teams channel, just not if they are pasted in as in-line images.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Information Barriers for Business Premium License

In order to control visibility between departments, executives, and users, implementing Information Barriers are the best bet. This feature is necessary for business Premium Licenses, when will it be available for this type of license?

We are looking for a way to limit visibility between departments, as well as separation of executives and users as Address Book Policy does not work for our environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. search Quantifier

r something like this, from: @user, to: @user, in: #Team or chat, after: a date, before: a date, on: a date, hasfile: filename

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. User search in Microsoft Teams

I would like you to improve the searching feature to exclude users who have not been assigned Microsoft Teams license from the search result.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. User search by SMTP address when accessing externally. View external users as user names.

Enable search for external users by SMTP address in Teams for the external access. Currently, you have to search external users by UPN for the external access.

Also, I would like to view external users to be user names (or specifying optional names). Currently, you can see external users as UPN so that you cannot identify user name when starting chat with external users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. view shared media

when a given image or media is shared, it is hard to find. we have to scroll back until we find it. it would be helpful if there is an option to see all shared media per user shared with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Go to secific time in message history after search

Go to a specific time in message history after having search a string in messages.
    Sometimes only the date of the message is displayed without the context of the message (previous messages)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve search feature

Slack has the right idea when it comes to a simple and powerful search field. It allows me to search in a given channel, for a comment made by a specific individual on a given day. It uses syntax like ‘from:bob’ ‘on:yesterday’. Right now if I use search, it searches all channels, postings by everybody and I don’t find it useful. With improvements like those I’ve suggested, I would actually use it. Right now I scroll a few times. If I don’t find what I’m looking for, I go ask the author to post the information again. I’d rather be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. be able to search for documents which have been uploaded to a team channel.

It would be very helpful to be able to search for documents that have been loaded onto a channel in teams, rather than having to scroll through them all. If a key word was known, it would save so much time! Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve the behavior which shows duplicated user name in the reach result

Teams search result shows two duplicated user names when searching with full email address of the user via the search or type a command box in Teams. Either of them redirects me to the correct chat page, but I would like you to fix this behavior to show only one suggestion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search should include special characters

Searching for a person called "René", I can't just type "Rene" - it has to be "René". This works in other Office products, but not Teams.

So, please make search a little smarter on that point.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Return a whole conversation when using Content Search in Security & Compliance

When we were using Skype for Business and we did a content search an entire conversation would be returned. With Teams only one message in the conversation may be returned. Without the context the returned result is almost useless. We need an easy way to return the whole conversation when a match is found for a content search of message type IM.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Suche

Die Suche sollte nicht nur in TEAMS komplett möglich sein, sondern auch eingeschränkte pro TEAM oder auch nur pro Kanal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search email from Teams

I would like to search email(outlook) from Teams. Maybe as another search results tab like "files" or "People."
    As we transition away from email I regularly encounter situations where I have to refer to an old email or deal with the occasional colleague who still emails information. Being able to search on that info in one place, Teams, would be awesome.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give the ability to do a text search

Give the ability to do a text search in a page or tab especially in Wiki/text pages or web pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Implement other Boolean operators than AND for Teams search

I would like you to implement more Boolean operators such as OR to use search in Teams. Currently, we can use AND operator only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow search for teams by partial names regardless of position

When joining a new team you can search for a partial team name if it begins with the search term. It would be helpful in finding a Team if I could search for a partial name regardless of where the search term appears in the name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base