Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to turn off "Top Results" grouping in search results

The Top Results grouping is a clever idea, but it seems to be terribly at actually figuring out the Top Results. Having results out of order due to this makes it even harder to find things or sort through a timeline. Can a Personal Setting be added that turns off the Top Results grouping?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return Related Messages in Chat Search

When I search for "xyz" in a Teams chat, it only returns that specific message in a chat and no following messages. There doesn't seem to be anyway to scroll through a chat from that search point or for that matter, to jump to a certain date in a chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. F'n search!!!!

Does anyone at MS actually use Teams, because if they did, they'd know that searching for something in an ad hoc Chat thread is vital.

Have all the f-n O365 integration you want, but jezz, get the basics down for a chat client. This is not new technology or practices, Teams is still missing basic features you'd see in tools from 20+ years ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable click through to the team and channel when clicking on a search result.

Enable click through to the team and channel when clicking on a search result that is in a team or team channel. Automatically scroll to and highlight team and channel in the user's left navigation bar that displays the teams, or search for the team and add it to the left navigation panel, if it is not already displayed in the user's group of teams, and then scroll to and highlight it please.

Thank you - we love Teams. The "Search" functionality is one of the very few points in Teams, and this will provide a better user experience for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When searching in Teams show the results in the conversation

In Teams when you get results from a search it returns the line of the chat or conversation. But Teams is a conversation. Give the option of jumping to that location in the chat or conversation from the search results.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am unable to select all or search my chats. So if there is information from several months back, it takes ages to find it.

I am unable to select all or search my chats. So if there is information from several months back, it takes ages to find it.

Enable search or allow CNT-A to work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams Search Result Additional Tab - Next to "Files"

In MS teams, is it possible to add a tab in Teams Search Result Section like as shown in the attached image?

We can add additional tabs under each Teams' Group's general using custom app development but not sure about adding a tab next to "Files".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bad People Search

It is not possible to search for colleagues from a specific company.
    In Outlook it is possible.

In Detail:
    The display name of our users contains the company name 'in brackets'. Our big group consists of many companies.
    In many cases, it would be helpful, to find a collegue from another company in the same group, where only the last name and the company are known.

If there are a lot of users in the group with the same last name, there is currently no way to find the spezific user. Because ther is no filter in the people search…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Searching or Joining Public Teams

As part of our Teams deployment we are trying to find a way within the Teams client or a Teams policy/configuration setting to enable a better user experience for joining/searching for public Teams. I have done extensive searching online and have not been able to find anything to modify the join/search behavior for public Teams.

The "Join or create a team" option in the desktop application will only display 16 public Teams that can be joined. Using the /join team code will only display the same 16 public teams that can be joined.

The "Search teams" function is limited because…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE MOVE THE SEARCH BAR FROM TOP/CENTER OF WINDOW

The search bar is in a terrible location (still a problem in 2021). Please move the search bar to a location within the window, not on the top/center of the window border.... or at least allow users to move the bar to another location or disable it.

I am bringing up this topic, again, since the request in 2018 to move the search bar has been "declined" by "Warren", presumably from the feature team.... probably due to laziness and apathetic attitude toward end users.

Many excellent points were discussed for this problem in the following conversation: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33048808-search-bar-location

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. search and call

in desktop app, after searching for someone, normally we want to have action call.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. create a "search in chat" tool, to make it easier to refer back to important information within chat

I need to view exactly what was said within a group chat regarding a specific topic from a few months ago. Instead of having to scroll back to the beginning of time, a search in chat tool would be extremely useful in this situation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Background add in android

I have redmi note 8 and i don't have pc so you can add a feature of background in phone i mainly belonging from india. So I don't hack background to see so please add the feature in android to add background please 🙂

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A search function that allows us to search for keywords in Teams Chats. Would be extremely handy and easy to implement?

A search function that allows us to search for keywords in Teams Chats. Would be extremely handy and easy to implement?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. agregar buscador de palabras

les sugiero agregar un buscador de palabras, para poder encontrar platicas anteriores que nos sean de interés

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Find a Contact search

On the Teams Contacts page, there is a search box at the top "Find a Contact". It is cumbersome to clear that field after you're done with the search. A button on the right-hand side with an "X", next to the search icon, that would clear the search box with just a simple click would be a much more user-friendly experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel Password Recovery Software

You can retrieve any forgotten Excel file password using eSoftTools Excel Password Recovery Software. This tool can recover Excel passwords using one of three built-in password recovery methods: Brute Force Attack, Mask Attack, or Dictionary Attack. It can recover passwords for Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access, and it works with all Excel extensions and versions, including 97 to 98, 2000 to 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and so on.

Read More:- https://www.esofttools.com/excel-password-recovery.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make search in Teams consistent both Admin and Client

We should be able to search by entering any part of whatever you are looking for. Get rid of the auto find as you type feature in the Admin portal. it actually slows you down as you have to wait for the find to finish before continuing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Only three most relevant Teams search result will show.

When I tried to search my Team in Teams , only will come out three most relevant Teams info from the search result. Can it show all results ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base