Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to search some thing the Chat window .. from all the Past chat history

Ability to search things the Chat window .. from all the Past chat history

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would be great if there can be a search capability to find a conversion

I would be great if there can be a search capability to find a conversion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search tab for each group chat

Introducing a separate search tab for each group chat. The search will be limited to the respective group, without showing results from other conversations.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. FAQ type questions and answers

Someone searches for "How do I change my status" and the results would provide the answer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. contact search should display persons you contact more frequently first

Our entire organization of people are using Teams. It would be nice if when we start typing a name in the search field that the persons I contact more often pop up at the top of the search results. Often, I cannot find the person until I practically type in their entire name! This especially happens when the name is common.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve the feature to show the previous and next messages in the search result of Teams chat

When we search the contents of the old chat (both private and channel) in the search window of Teams client and click the search result, the messages should always be shown including the previous and next ones. However, when I click the search result of those messages, some of them would not be shown the previous and next ones. This is inconvenient experience.
    Therefore, it would be great if you could improve the feature to show the previous and next messages as well when clicking the searching result.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to specify search targets unique to Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 独自の検索対象の指定をする機能の実装を希望します。
    Option to specify search targets unique to Teams

■Description(内容):
    “Exchange アドレス帳ポリシーを使用したディレクトリ検索の範囲指定" をオンにしてライセンスをはく奪したユーザーを Microsoft Teams で検索対象にしない運用をしている場合、Exchange Online で非表示になっているゲストユーザーは Microsoft Teams では検索対象とはならないため、Microsoft Teams 独自の検索対象の指定できる機能の実装を希望します。

If “Scope directory search using an Exchange address book policy” is on, and applied such that users with their license removed are not targeted by searches in Teams, guest users hidden in Exchange Online are not targeted by Teams searches. Therefore, please allow the option to specify Teams-specific search targets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to find a contact by using their phone number in active directory

Everyone in my company is in Teams. The other day I received a cell phone call which I knew it was from work but I didn't the name of the person that made the call. It'd be nice to enter that phone number and have the person's name show up on search results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to search distribution groups to add them as participants in Live Events

Unable to search distribution groups to add them as participants in Live Events

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export comments and the number of likes in messages to see what the most popular posts are

I would like to know who made the most popular comments in a large team by exporting this information (poster, comment, number of likes) to excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Transcribe recorded video into searchable text

It is desirable that a user know the contents of video held in files or meeting recordings. The normal way of checking this is through tagging the video appropriately, naming it, remembering what's in the video, etc.
    It would be beneficial if the audio of a video held in files or meeting recordings could be automatically transcribed into a body of text, similar to the captioning feature.
    This text could be searchable through the search bar so that meeting contents of videos could be quickly found without having to watch the video again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. On the [Share with Outlook] screen, remove the display restriction during search.

On the [Share with Outlook] screen, remove the display restriction during search.

In the past, when I was searching for email address recipients, my address was also shown, so it used to be easy to find, but now I have to enter a string for every address.

It is very inconvenient, but I would like you to realize comfortable operation as before.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search for numbers in command line does not work!

Why are the search results for numbers not taken into the search results via the command line.
    When I enter the complete digits I will get the result for the chat messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Searching and calling of the organisational colleague must be like Skype

Search of the organisational collegue and other person must be like Skype. Here, in Teams all the times you have to add the person in Team to call or for chat. Its lengthy process. Please provide search facility like Skype and we can call any body without adding them in any Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save chat history

Please provide a way to save chat history. The search function only appears with the chat box with the searched word in it and not the whole conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need search function on Posts page

The posts page for our team is heavily used and due to its non-linear display, it's hard to find conversations. Need a search function for this page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Possibilty to choose multiple or all classes within the assignment sector (and be able to view all of the chosen assignments)

This would be really awesome! This way one could view all open assignments from either a) all classes one attends or b) only view the assignments from selected classes (and not all and not only from one class only)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base