Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make an activity report - what was sent @ me and what I typed over last X days

Make an activity report - what was sent @ me and what I typed over last X days. During my weekly reviews - what I did and what people asked me to do, I use my calendar and sent items from email - would be nice to see what I answered and asked in chats to know if I forgot to follow up etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search for meeting by name

When you use the top search bar in teams, it doesn't appear to return the names of meetings or of the recordings associated with them. That makes it really difficult to find a previous meeting on a specific topic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Search by employee username via Teams chat

Would be fantastic if Teams gave us the ability to store a unique user ID to be searchable in Teams chat along with the user's name (e.g. "Denver, John, DEN66834").Our company uses usernames, often as the only identifier on a marked-up document or an article. If I do not know the person's first and last name, I cannot look them up on Teams to ask for clarifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. have a multiple selection for Team in the search advanced option

when searching a name/word/... we cannot select mulltiple team to specify the different where the search can proceed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Search Feature

Teams should have a search feature. If it logs all the chat then it should allow the users to search keywords on all chats too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MS Teams Search only finds recent items in channels. It is not working for anything older.

The search functionality used to work far better, but it now only finds items from the past 90 days or so when looking for the keyword(s) within Teams channels. It's a significant limitation, and we are not sure why this has happened.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable eDiscovery to search chats and files which have been edited or deleted

We currently cannot audit chats and files which have been deleted or edited in Microsoft Teams unless we enable the retention policy. It would be great if we could use eDiscovery function to search them without using the retention policy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search content of email messages saved as files

Outlook email messages saved into a channel can be previewed, but the content does not appear to be included in search results for files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. About using Microsoft Teams

I want to be able to determine if an external user is using Microsoft Teams.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Seach Extending to Team Names, Channel Names, Tab Names, and Planner Tasks

Right now when you search in Teams you get 3 search result options: Messages, People, and Files. I like these, but I wish there was a way for you to search and also have it come up with Team Names, Channel names, tab names, and planner tasks. We are trying to use Teams as an Engineering firm and it would be great to search for a project number and find literally everything within Teams associated with that project number come up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Visual cue for search results

Search is excellent at hiding results. The problem is pre-sorting everything by tabs. This may seem intuitive to developers, but without some kind of visual cue that there's even a result in a tab, it's not obvious at all to users. The results are effectively hidden, or, you need to perform extra clicks to the tabs you want in order to see if there's anything there. I would suggest putting all the results into a single list, grouped by type, rather than hidden behind tabs (which may be empty, for all you know before you click them). Failing that, at…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search within Chat window

Functionality to search the string within the chat window between two individuals. For example: I have chatted with my colleague about some project say "abc". Now after few months if i go back to chat window to look for the project discussion, I should be able to search with "abc" string and get my chat what we discussed long back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search within Chat window

functionality to search the string within the chat window between two individuals. For example: I have chatted with my colleague about some project say "abc". Now after few months if i go back to chat window to look for the project discussion, I should be able to search with "abc" string and get my chat what we discussed long back.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to set user profiles that appear in the search bar

I want the ability to set user profiles that appear in the search bar.

It is necessary to identify users faster.
    It should be limited to only the information you need.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. provide an online, written, operators manual.

Provide a written operators manual that can be accessed online. for those of us who don't learn as well by watching a video this would be a tremendous help. It also provides a reference that we can return to as needed when having trouble navigating the stystem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. search options

Search functionality:
    1. Limit Search To:
    * All of Microsoft Teams
    * All Chats
    * Only chats including [select input]
    * All Teams
    * Only Team(s) [select]
    * All channels in a team
    * Only channel(s) [select]

The search function is currently very poorly received across our area because it is just a massive search string.

I would like the ability to restrict a search by Team and/or Channel and/or Individual
    In order to have a more targeted search result
    So that I can more quickly and efficiently find the correct result.

Additionally - searching in User Feedback Forums is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Obtain more @mentions by running /mentions in Teams

I would like to obtain more @mentions by running /mentions in Teams. Currently we can get @mentions sent within the last one month.It would be great if I can customize days/months which Teams looks up from, and I want to get more results from more than last one month.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable search within a teams channel

Enable the ability to search within a teams channel and a team's wiki to make information easier to find

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search result should not show the deleted user in Teams

Once you delete user A and recreate the same user in Teams, search result shows both deleted and recreated user when you try to find (search) user A.
    Therefore, you might send a message to the deleted user and it can cause miscommunication with the active user. I strongly request you to improve this behavior immediately. The deleted user should not be searchable in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search functionality in conversation

While conversations are more than a month then find to difficult the word in conversation. Every time scrolling from today to scratch of starting conversation

If search functionality is available then it's easily find the word in conversations of month

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.