Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Also "Backlog" as progress category

Now progress is only measured in "Not started", "In progress" and "Completed". "Backlog" as a fourth category would be useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to change numbers to percentages on the charts view of the MS teams planner app.

Looking to change reporting in charts of the planner app from numbers to percentages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Auto date entered on planner when task checked off

Auto enter date completed when checking off a line item task on planner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include option to add Teams chats to to do's or tasks

We need to be able to click on a chat and to automatically have that entered as a to do (in outlook) or as a planner task.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. print planner cards

How can I print the task cards on a Planner tab in Tems?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create template for recurring tasks in Planner

Allow to create a template of a card that can be reused when needed. For example, a checklist at the end of the month that you can re utilize the card without creating a new one or clicking all tasks to make it blank.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More than 20 items in Planner item checklist please!

Planner is great, but i've just tried writing up a checklist and found it has a limit of 20 items...why? Can't this be more?!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Planner Flexibility/Customizability of Column Labels and Available Columns in List View

Tasks by Planner could be more useful if we could customize the names of the fields and also the fields that are available in List view

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add tasks to multiple plans

Can we a feature to add a single to multiple Plans? Example, I want task on one plan and the ability to add to another plan which could be used as an 'agenda' to house tasks from multiple plans in one place for easy meeting agendas! ... like Asana.. lol

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In MS Teams Planner task required individual closing if 2 person assigned to same task

In MS Teams Planner when an ask is assigned to more than 1 person, it required each individual close the task. Now its common closing.

Eg: An task is assigned to 3 persons, even if one approve the task will be closed.
    Option to be given "Group/Individual approve". So when we select Individual approve, until all approve the task remain open for respective individual. Now even if one close the task is closed.

Use of check list with individual is not helping because the task shows open for the one who actually closed.

We created multiple task for same activity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Company Branding for Reminder Email (Todo, Planner)

When we receive a reminder email from Planner Tasks, they are often ignored because they lack company branding. Can this be extended?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have an option in settings where you can disable the 'Show on Card' default for attachments in Planner.

When adding an attachment in Planner it defaults to 'Show on Card.' There is no option in settings to select a default of 'Do Not Show on Card.' Each time I add a file I have to uncheck this box. It would save time to have this as a option you can customize.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change of the name of the planner is not taken over in the task list (error)

When I change the name of the planner in a team, this change is displayed in the desktop and web version of TEAMS, but the name is not changed in the overview of all my tasks. This is a bug according to Microsoft support. For this bug to be fixed, I should write it here. Please vote so that this bug is reasonably prioritized and fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable adding a post / file on Teams or Chat to a Planner

For large teams, there are many documents posted that have various "To Dos" for parties involved in reviewing that document. It would be great if you could tag a Planner with a document that is in a Teams Conversation so that various parties know they need to approve or sign off on things.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ToDo List shall be available in Teams and viceversa

ToDo is now sync and integrated in planner and teams, but from Teams is not possible to create a ToDo List (so a shared list/task) that will appear in the user ToDo list..
    It would be very important to have not only tasks but also lists sync togheter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Calendar view in Planner

It would be great to have a calendar view that helps us to see that the assigned person will have due task soon. Even use this calendars for presentations. Dowload the metrics as they are shown and not in excel sheet. Example is attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A "Tasks by Planner and To Do" filter for new tasks created

It would be nice to have a filter for new tasks created. That is, one that sorts tasks by when they were created.

When there are a lot of tasks to be done it is hard to pinpoint which tasks are new.

For someone like me who likes starting their day with an idea of the tasks they have to do, being able to see the new tasks prevents me from going through all the tasks again to see how best I can approach the day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Either have the option on having more items on the checklist or have multiple checklists in one task

Would it be possible to add more items to the checklist or have multiple checklists with the option to name each checklist?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams Planner Copy Task: LIst of "Plan Names" needs to include Team/Channel name

If I want to copy a task from one plan to another that is in another Team, it all works. HOWEVER: if most of the other Teams call their plan "Tasks" that's all I see on the pick list.

I am referring to the Plan Name pick-list in the Copy task window. It's no help to see all the plans named "Tasks" if I can't see which Team or Channel it comes from!

This makes Copy Task useless in those situations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. multiple reminders for tasks

It would be helpful to have an option when creating a task to have individual reminders for the checklist section. For example: I need to make a phone call in a week and then in two weeks I need to follow-up with an email to the same person. Right now in order to set a reminder I have to create multiple tasks. Please see attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base