Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Slider to adjust the size of the overview - view more tasks on one page (unleash the potential)

Summary:
    The maximum is reached with 10 tasks per bucket at a zoom-level of 100%. Not enough to manage business projects...

Why:
    Complex projects of today cannot be managed with this small amount of tasks. However, there is a huge need for clever project management tools such as Planner.

How:
    The easy handling of Planner should be continued. Therefore the solution should be a simple slider or a few view settings (e.g. standard, max x tasks, all tasks on one page).

What:
    With this solution it is easy to see which project member has too many tasks.
    The challenge is…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Progress and Status Option

I would like the progress/status option in Planner to be customizable to where we can update and add in the type of progress/status we would like to see. Similar to how the labels you can type in the name, but would like to see this applied to the progress/status feature and this to be updated as well in the charts view.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Generic Planner Tasks

Should be able to use the Planner for my general work tasks without creating a team for this. I have some short lived projects/tasks that don't warrant creation of a whole team, but would still like to be able to create stand alone tasks in the Planner App within Teams. I generally us MS Outlook Tasks for this, however, since I also utilize Teams, I would like to only have to check one location for all of my tasks, globally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Integrate Planer features also in TEAMS

In Planer Browser Version one is able to download the tasks into an Excel file. This is NOT possible when you open/integrate Planer in a TEAMS Channel. The button "Export plan to Excel" is simply not missing (actually all "..." Features). Would be great if this feature is added to Planer in TEAMS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give Option to personalize content of the left column with personal Apps as needed.

working a lot with Planner for overview i would like it to be always on top of my apps or even better - a starting page.
    It is not posisble to edit the content of the left column ansd/or have more than 6 apps always visible.
    why are 'more added apps' hiding? how to drag them out to the column directly?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Copy a Planner Template in MSTeams (Better integration with MSTeams App)

It is needed the availability to create a Plan from an existing Template from MSPlanner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notes preview option without opening up the task item

When you add a task, you are able to add notes in the task item. But it would be nice to hover over the notes item without having to open each task and preview it, again, without having to open each task item. Just hover over the note symbol and have a preview of what was posted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Channel View and Manager View in Planner

in the planner view, would be nice to be able group by Channel to show actions within that channel only.

Also, several requests from our company have been to have a manager view in planner. In other words, if you create a task you will assign it to a person on your team, in addition to that it would be great be able to tag it so that it will role up in the managers planner view not as an action they have to address but an important action that is being addressed so they have visibility across many technology…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Project Time management

Have a Tab at top with Board/Chart/Schedule/Project Time and Team captain could place the total number of hours (payed for/ bid for) each project and any collaboraters can add a new line with description/time took/date the action took place...and then those hours go against the master total

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move Planner to a different Team

When Teams first launched in our organization, users went overboard creating teams. Now that we're finally getting our arms around Teams' governance, I need to combine teams.

I know how to move a Planner from one tab to another in the same Team. That works great. What I can't figure out is how to move an existing Planner from one Team to another.

Sorry if there's already an idea out there for this - I just couldn't find it without viewing hundreds of result pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can I receive only 1 reminder email message for all tasks due on the same day?

e.g.
    When I have 10 tasks due on the same day,
    instead of receiving 1 notification email for 1 task (that means you receive 10 email messages), can we have 1 email message containing reminders for 10 tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To Do and Planner

I just discovered To Do and the ability to pull assigned tasks from Planner. Are there other integrations planned for To Do and Planner to create a unified experience?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for "sub tasks" to be dragged and dropped into a governing task.

Allow for more detailed "sub-tasks" that fall within a governing/overarching task to be dragged and dropped into the governing task. In the interface where the governing task is open there would be hyperlinks to the associated subtasks including the task title as the text for the hyperlink.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Supervisor view in Planner

Please add a supervisor view for Planner so that they can view all the tasks currently assigned for their team members.
    It would be beneficial to have some type of chart view so when leadership team meets, they can review how in-demand their team's services are.

Our work around is 1:1 meetings and having the employee pull up teams and click on 'planner' to review everything that has been assigned to them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Colors, Labels, Sorting, Boards, Schedules, ETC..

1. Have for label options (don't care about the exact color) just to add more labels if needed
    2. Sort Labels in Alphabetical order or by Color (color wheel)
    3. Schedule/Calendar View it would be great to have colors depending on the bucket it is in... OR
    4. OR if you have multiple calendars for a specific channel then it would color code red for planner A and green for planner B and then you don't have to have multiple calendar views in one channel.
    5. Boards allow users to see the notes and checklists instead of only having the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create an overall view of the tasks that I´ve assigned to others - just like "my tasks"-view

I am involved in many different projects in my organisation and would like to be able to have an overall view of all tasks that I have assigned to other people in my organisation (and status of them).

An "assigned tasks"-view just like the "My tasks"-view

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Attaching files to the planner

Attach a document to a task in the planner from your desktop without having to attach to Sharepoint first. Drag and drop would be nice. planner in the teams App

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatically assign a priority to multiple tasks in Planner

I am trying to assign a priority (for example, "Important") to all the tasks due within a date range, and another priority (for example, "Medium"), due within another date range. To my knowledge, the only way to do this is to change priorities manually. It would be great to be able to automate this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to customize planner tabs

We should be able to have sub tasks under the main task and assign them to our team. We have multi-step projects that sometimes have various steps within those steps. The only way to do this now is create a to do list on the main to do but it won't allow you to assign to anyone. Also, on the options for views, we should be able to customize the view so that we can focus on what we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base