Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instant Message - Notifications

The IM feature needs to have more control over the sound of the alerts (MUST BE LOUDER) and, when a message is sent, it should stay on the screen until the receiver opens the message. (or at least have an option to allow this to happen). IM's get sent and unless you are staring at your screen, the message is often missed for a very long time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow owners to force automatic channel notifications for a particular Teams channel.

Allow owners to force automatic channel notifications for all participants added to a particular Teams channel rather than relying on all the participants to manually enable them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft Teams: When someone is sending a message in chat window (Not in Teams or Channels) , user is just receiving a banner notification.

Make IM or Chat window in Teams work exactly as Skype for Business.

Need notifications to stay on Teams icon on Task bar.

If i receive IM from two users display 2 on Teams Icon, if i receive from 5 display 5 on Teams Icon and so on....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notifications can't work on Huawei and Xiaomi Android phones

Notfications can't be received when Teams is in the background, e.g. on Xiaomi 9 with MIUI 10.2.33. When Teams is in the foreground, notifications can be received.

All notification and application settings are switched on.

Here are all phone setting screenshots and application logs. When you reiview logs, please note there should be notifications in around every 5 mintutes from 12:00.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Conversation Email

I currently receive notifications for many TEAMS conversations in my inbox. However, each email notification appears in my inbox with the name of the individual who started the conversation. Therefore - if 15 individuals respond to a conversation in TEAMS, I get 15 email notifications all listed with the conversation thread owner as the sender. In addition, if after determining that I can discard the email notification - Outlooks IGNORE feature sees each of these as separate unrelated emails and they must be discarded one by one.

It would be helpful if each notification showed the user who posted a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Setting to get notifications for new posts only from channel owners/moderators

I would like to be able to set notifications on a specific channel only for new posts from the channel's owners and moderators.Right now I can set notifications for all posts in a channel, but in, say, a channel where announcements of a service being down are posted, this means I would get notifications when someone who is not an owner is just asking whether it's down. To alleviate this, I'd like to set it to only get notifications when an owner or moderator makes a new post. In addition, I'd prefer it if this notification didn't trigger on new…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. hi, i am in transport haulage industry and Teams are used for daily updates on runing trucks.

would be good if i could reun a reminder in the teams conversations. For example if we are talking with team about deliverying goods and delivery islate i would like to be reminded about this conversation in 1hr when truck should deliver the goods and continue discussion. So next to the message could be a future button ''remind me in (enter the time)'' so i get notification in my screen or phone reminding me about this conversation i have to continue or check if lets say dekivery was made...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pop-up messages are cut off

The pop-up messages MS Teams shows are relatively small and the text inside gets cut off a lot of the time.

This means I often can't fully understand what it is that is happening. For example: When I delete a file that is still opened, Teams will show an error-message with (I believe) a red exclamation mark. The message is too short for me to understand what exactly is it I'm doing wrong, ergo: I'll have to figure it out for myself.

So, please make the messages persistant, clickable or larger so we can all know what Teams is trying…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Snooze all notifications for X minutes across devices

I want to turn off all Teams notifications for a set time period across all of my devices and then have it automatically turn back on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Do not require use of Google Services for notifications

Do not force users to have to use Google Services for notifications. There are many reasons to choose not to have these services loaded and it is quite surprising to see Microsoft require Google for it to function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Switch off annoucement of new participants in meetings

How to switch off announcement of new participants in a meeting? It is annoying and interrupt the meeting, when a voice announce new people entering a meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Customized Notification for Teams

Customizing a notification tone for teams will make it unique and prioritized as it should,
    It's a business platform

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Inherited Notifications

Having to manually set each channel to be notified is tedious and often causes action within the Team to be missed.

Channels should inherit notification settings from the parent Team. (Team notification inherited as default for newly created channels.)

Channels would need an additional hidden boolean property to identify whether or not they should inherit the property from the Team's settings. {True until changed in any way}

Team would also need an "apply to all" (checkbox) option when changing the global settings to overwrite the above boolean value to true.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow for users to customize location of chat notifications. Allow icon to glow like Skype

Ex- option to move from bottom right to bottom left. I have three screens going at once, and would like to move the notification to the left side so I can spot it quickly. It would also help if the icon on the task bar would "glow" like the Skype icon does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. All actions such as approvals show in activity for the rest of the team.

Once a request is approved it would be nice if an alert was sent and the approval included in activity so the rest of the team quickly sees something changed rather than continually going to completed requests in hopes something wasn't missed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Push notification privacy.

Notification shows WITHOUT the text of the chat message. For example: "Jane Doe sent a message" , "Alex Johnson sent a file"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification tone

Better if we could have a notification tone enabled. We can see the ms teams app blinking but no audio option available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Differentiate Notification Icons for @Mentions - Personal, Group, Team. Channel

@Mentions are very powerful, but end users need a way to quickly scan all of their teams and channels and quickly prioritize tasks/responses. Currently, you see the same designation (a red @ sign) on a channel even though the mention could be just you, an entire Office group, the entire channel, or even the entire team. Each of those should be a different color and end users should be able to change notification (email, banner, etc.) options based on those 4 categories. A personal @mention is likely more pressing and important than an @mention to an entire channel or team.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.