Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unite notifications from multiple applications

I don’t think it’s necessary that I receive duplicated notifications from different type of Teams apps that I’m using; Teams desktop app and web app. I’m using Windows OS and receiving messages from both apps, so I would like you to unite those two types of notification messages into one.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Number of Notifications on Task bar and Notification sounds

There should be a number of how many notifications on the MS Teams logo in the task bar. Just like other messaging applications like for example Viber, there is a number 1, 2, 3 and so on if there is a message that hasn't been read yet.

See attached sample screenshot wherein my Viber application shows a new message that has not been read. MS Teams don't have that. Please address this as this may help us, users, to enjoy MS Teams more.

Also, there should be some sort of a sound when someone drops a message or update the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. notification

Notifications should have an option of only showing who has pinged and not the content of the notification(when notification is enabled)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I. D.o.n.t get notifications

I never get notifications from the app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove multiple notifications when someone is out of office. This is maddening and completely unnecessary.

Currently, the out of office setting from Outlook is triggering an out of office pop up EVERY SINGLE TIME we go back into a chat in EVERY SINGLE CHAT that the person who is out of office is in. This is maddening and very distracting. We had a person on medical leave for a month and and single day, multiple times a day, we had to close out the pop up stating that he was out of office. Please provide an option to either only show one time or turn off completely in Teams since we already get the reply…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Turning Off Notifications when notified

When I turn on notifications for a user, allow the ability to turn that notification off during the notification prompt letting me know they are available. Currently I have to back into contacts to do that. Please allow that ability during the notification. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need a feature to provide automated reply for once in every new conversation in a Channel

We create a channel to communicate with multiple users on various topics. So, we would like to notify once for every user who opens a new conversation to make use of single thread for further discussions on the same topic.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Give ability for users to have a daily digest emailed to them of files uploaded into Teams and a preview of conversations, just like Yammer

Give ability for users to have a daily or weekly digest emailed to them of files uploaded into Teams and a preview of conversations, just like Yammer allows users to do so. Other systems I use do this and then I know what I can go look for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pop up chat message for chosen cannels or teams is an absolute necessity

I'm subscribed to several teams but i want to get notified via pop up windows for important ones that i choose

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Want to edit contents or format in notification mails from Microsoft Teams

It would be great that you could provide an edit feature for Teams notification mail because;
    1) We don’t identify staff by their first name, so we want to find staff name with their first name and sir name in notification mail body.
    2) We rarely email in English, so we want to change the language in title or some messages into our language.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Behavior on alert policies

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    アラートポリシーの動作について

Behavior on alert policies
    ■Description(内容):
    アラートポリシーにて、OneDrive for Business のファイルを共有をした際にアラートで通知されるような設定をした際、Teams のチャットでファイルを添付した際にも通知が送信されるため、Teams での共有時には通知がされないよう※つで設定できる機能の拡充を希望します。

If you set an alert in alert policy to notify when sharing files in OneDrive for Business, the notification will be sent when attaching files to Teams’ chat, too.
    We hope to have a setting to not send notifications when users attached a file to Teams chat in the scenario mentioned above.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The toaster notifications should report the speaker not the channel

If in a multi party direct message conversation it always shows the notification as if its the first person alphabetically speaking. It should show the person actually talking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams UAC prompt without Office Click To Run

When launching Teams on a machine without Office Click to Run installed, you are prompted for admin credentials. Causes issues in environments that were deployed with the standalone machine installer, or the user installer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Status - Manage Notifications (new feature)

I love the new Status feature that shows the availability of a selected person's on-/offline state.

Can the notification information also show in the Activity Feed, instead of just a popup?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can we please have a more significant "warning" when there has been a new message / call received while we were AFK ?

Right now the tiny red "number" displaying on the Teams icon in the task bar can be quite hard to notice, especially on larger monitors. Most apps I've had that had messaging capabilities would flash/pulse as long as there are unread messages. Could we have something like this to make it easier to know when we have missed messages / calls in Teams?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Missed calls in Microsoft Teams should trigger email to Outlook

I have checked with Microsoft Premier Support and they have confirmed that users will only get notification for missed calls in the Teams app. Email notification is only for the missed messages in Teams, and this is the expected behavior.

But I found it strange why only calls are being excluded from email notification? Isn’t calls more important than message as people can always send email as alternative to chat?

Furthermore, Team’s setting is called “Missed activity emails”, which the missed calls fall under, this is very confusing to users.

Please include missed calls in email notification!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DO NOT prompt when new users join

Hey all,

Please DO NOT prompt me with a "notification", "alert", "message" when a new users joins Teams or joins a Team I'm a part of. If I want Facebook in office, I'll install Workplace. Don't lose your mojo following annoying online trends.

Best wishes
    Shobha

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chat Notifications

In Skype for Business, users could get a desktop pop-up notification when somebody sent them a new message. I have searched and cannot find this same functionality in Teams. Is there a plan for Microsoft to implement this same functionality?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. desktop notifications are easily missed

It was smart to make android notifications depending on a status on the desktop.
    Please consider window state "minimized to tray" equal to "away" status without a timer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base