Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show me which channels I'm not getting notifications for

I missed some important notifications today because they were off by default. It would be helpful to see a little icon next to each channel in the sidebar showing whether I receive alerts (email or banner) for it. For example, the icon could be a gold notification bell or a grey one with a slash through it.

This way, I can quickly tell if I'm not going to get notified about posts in an important channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set notifications for many channels at once

I would like a way to easily set my notification preferences for more than one channel at a time. Currently, if I have 50 channels and want notifications for 20 of them, I have to dig into the sidebar and set my notification preferences for every single one. A dialog where I can view all channels and set my preferences by selecting checkboxes would solve this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed It'd be nice if unread updates to a

Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed
    It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

(This suggestion proposed by Erik has been UNDER REVIEW for 2 years now - 87 votes. A similar suggestion has been UNDER REVIEW for 16 months - 1990 votes. -- Lets get this REVIEW completed and decide one way or the other if it is to be implemented.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notification consolidation and audio customization.

Audio that is audible, and notifications that dont pile up on the side of my monitor. come on microsoft.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Be able to see timestamp of a reaction to a post or comment.

Saw notification that someone had commented in a conversation but there were no obvious comments. Looked like maybe it was for a thumbs up on my comment but there was no way to see the timestamp of that thumbs up that I could see (tried mousing over).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Verify and set the notification setting for multiple channels altogether in the Teams app

I would request a feature to verify and set the notification setting for multiple channels altogether in the Teams app, because we need to verify the setting for channels one-by-one at the moment and it’s going to be a hard work for admins when the channels get increased to a large number. So, it would be very convenient if we could check and set notification setting for multiple channels at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add notification badge to channel when something new has posted

add notification badge to channel when something new has posted

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. allow users to move the notification box to different areas of the screen so it doesn't impede their work

move the notification box to different areas of the screen so it doesn't impede their work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Turn off the distracting "{so and so} is exiting the meeting" anouncement

Our company just finished it's finished it's first company-wide meeting of the year (newly merged companies together), using MS-Teams (also for the first time). The speakers were continually interrupted with "joining" and "exiting" announcements by the automated attendant.

There has to be a way to mute this. But nothing seems to be available.

For once I was hoping for a mandatory Windows Update to just come and put us all out of misery.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Name in Notification for Group Messages

The name that comes up in a banner notification for group messages is the person that I included first in the group chat instead of the person that sent is, which is quite confusing. Should show the "[name of the person responding] [group name, other people in chat, or "+"]"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Location of Banner Notification

It would be great to be able to move the notification banner. It always pops up in the bottom right and often covers things that I am typing. I never use the top right corner - would love to move them there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reactions to messages to clear when you view the conversation

When someone reacts to the message you send within a conversation, to clear the notification of that reaction you have to click on the click on the activity tab. However, I believe the reaction being "unread" should clear when you view the conversation the reaction is in. A small issue but would improve workflows

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Possibility of forwarding a chat message to another person

Ideally I would like to resend a chat message to another person within the chat functionality

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. iOS: Notifications don't show for an account if I'm logged into another

I'm logged into 2 different organizations on my iOS Teams app. I only receive notifications for the org that is logged in. I'd like to receive notifications for both orgs so I can paradigm switch between them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better notification options for chats

2 Requests:
    1) Option for chat notifications to Only show in feed like all other notification options
    2) An option for the popup notifications for chat to not display the actual message being sent. In case the message is private, the popup should only say "John Smith sent a chat" instead of the full message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto status change for quiet houre

I want to be able to change my status automatically with quiet hours, this stops users from reaching out to me outside of my working hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rule-based notifications

A rule engine to define notification settings for channels and users. For example, disable notifications for a specific channel for posts that (don't) include a keyword.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow owners to send a button in channel conversation to request user to enable channel notification with one click

Channel notifications depends on user's setting and its default is off.

This works good for most teams cooperation. But for channels used for posting announcement, owner need to ask/command users to configure channel notification manually. It is lousy and newly joined members may miss the action.

Allow owner to request user to enable notification per channel basis, within Teams, may be very helpful for managing channel notification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Banner Only Notification Setting

Add a 'Banner Only' option to 'Chanel Notification Settings' to prevent flooding your feed.

We use channels to notify us in real time of potential server alerts.We should be notified when an event happens so we can monitor/take action if required but it should not flood your personal feed as you miss important notifications from team members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base