Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limit notifications from chat - People who hit send on every line

Some people are prolific 'new line send' people. What I mean is that they will hit send at the end of every sentence. This means that you as the receiver get a barrage of notifications for the same chat. It is very distracting.

What we need is a limit where the first message triggers a notification but then there is a timeout until 5 mins has passed before successive messages in the same chat cause another notification.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notify anonymous users of the "Like" feature during a Teams meeting

Notify anonymous users of the "Like" feature during a Teams meeting.
    I want to notify anonymous users when I'm in a meeting or video conference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notofications when a call has started

When someone opens a "meet" "call", there is no notification that the "meet" has started.

There absolutely needs to be a notification (persistent visual and sound) when a "meet" event starts..

In our organisation, there are many many occasions where a meet has started and many people miss it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mute notifications during the day

Want to mute notifications during a meeting or a teams conversations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a different colour when someone is on call, makes it easier for people to not disturb them.

Currently when a person is shown as "Busy", there is a red symbol, and the same is shown in case they are on call. It becomes difficult to know when someone is on call. Please change the colour of status if someone is on call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notificar las tarea

Mandar una notificación de las tareas e implementar una opción para poder ver todas las tareas de manera más fácil

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MUTE CHAT NOTIFICATIONS

Chat notifications and pop up comments are SO distracting during an active meeting. Please allow the option to disable or at least mute them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mute a channel, get rid of orange @ notification and mute a person in channel

When a person abuses @mention, we should be able to turn off all notifications, including getting rid of the orange @ notification on the Teams icon. I'd also like to mute the person in the channel for abuse of @mention. Any Teams action that causes me to do anything to clear their @mention, should automatically be muted/cleared without any effort on my part because they are muted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adjustable IM pop-up

Currently, I often face an annoying behavior of Teams IM pop-ups which cover my text while I'm trying to type something in another chat/group. I am working at a large organization and have many active channels, therefore muting the group is not an option. However, if I could make the pop-up transparent a bit or at least adjust its default position would be really helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi there, can we have a red dot on the team apps / webpage when there's an acitivty/chat in team? Thank you

Hi there,

can we have a red dot on the team apps / webpage when there's an acitivty/chat in team? Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Getting alerts for late assignments

I have a lot of kids turning in late assignments, but there's not notification system for this. I'd like to get a notification where I can click it and it'll take me directly to the class period where the assignment is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change the set up to allow personal sounds

Enable teams to allow us to use our own sounds for events in teams instead of the lame sounds MS is forcing onto us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shift Notifications

Hello,
    It would be EXTREMELY helpful if within the Shifts application, owners had the option(s) to:
    - Disable shift notifications
    - Select to receive shift notifications for only specific groups
    - Select to receive shift notifications for a specific type of action
    - Select the method by which they would like to receive the notification

These are critical components that exist within the regular Teams settings, but not within the Shifts application in Teams. With the return to worksites, organizations are using Shifts to aide in facility population management during the pandemic. It is crucial that these basic settings functions…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disable Out of Office Notifications in Chat

Please disable the Out of Office Notifications that popup in chat windows. Or provide settings to toggle them on or off.
    These notifcations in every single chat happens much too often and is not helpful. They belong in Outlook but not in MS Teams.
    I would expect this notification to only appear if you directly @ mentioned someone.
    After researching, this same feedback has been given many times in the last 3 years.
    The solution I saw proposed was to contact each person OOF and ask them to manually re-configure their own OOF reminder. This is a very impractical solution…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. turn off non-stop chat notifications for meetings you do not want to join - but still be able to hear notifications for new IMs

would like to learn how to turn off non-stop chat notifications for meetings I do not want or need to join - but still be able to hear notifications for new IMs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow user to centrally manage their notification settings for teams and channels

Provide an option to manage notification settings for all teams and channels in a single place.

Presently, if I want to change notification settings, I must visit each and every team and channel to change those notification settings.

Providing a list view with teams and channels and columns for the various settings would allow an easy way for a user to both see their notification settings, but to manage them in a quick and efficient manner

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add email notifications on Planner for all parties within the team when comments are added

Just want to receive email to all team members when comments are added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Service Health is not a great subject heading to use for notifications

Service "Health" is not a great subject heading to use in times of COVID-19 when many people will be using the NHS tracking apps which will notify potential real Health issues. "Status" or Service Operations Update" would be more appropriate.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 111 112
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base