Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to understand the e-mail notifications when user is not active on teams?

In chat of 4 'users". What does mean e-mail notification like: "user" sent a message in chat with "user" +3? Or: "user" +2 send a message in chat with "user" + 1?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. leave a meeting = leave the chat

Please either (1) give the option leave a meeting = leave the chat OR (2) give the option to turn off chat notifications iff the chat originates in a meeting (retain exception for individuals to reach me).

I turn off all chat notifications and just ignore anyone trying to get hold of me in Teams, forcing them to use Skype or email because otherwise I would have to use my precious little time to "leave" every meeting multiple times, and I ain't doing that:)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Change default sounds for Windows version of teams

Why this ability isn’t there is absurd. Skype had it.... application not nearly as intuitive as Skype and all around just *** terrible. Clearly developers for this were lazy or under staffed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. be able to move the call notification banner

allow people to move the incoming call notification window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to turn off chat alerts for meetings I am not attending

There are meetings on my calendar that I sometimes do not attend due to conflict. I would like the option to turn off chat notifications for meetings that appear on my calendar, but that I am not participating in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mark notifications as read for pop out windows

I've noticed that when you have a pop out message window, the notifications don't get cleared - think this is a minor oversight :) nbd but thought you should know.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Checked off assignments when completed/turned in.

By being able to see the assignments already competed and turned in without having to click on them would be awesome!
    Both on the channels when teachers post and in the assignment section.

We've fallen behind or skip some to go back to do later. it would make it so much easier seeing the ones that still need to be done right up front.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to move the entire Chat icon as its own window so we can see chats pop up easier

Be able to move the entire Chat icon as its own window so we can see chats pop up easier. The chat icon gets lost in the list and simply having it blink as an alert of a chat is not enough. Please make it possible to be open on its own instead of just individual chats (pop out feature for a specific chat).
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Chat Notifications more interruptive.

I keep missing chats - sometimes time sensitive - as the only notification is a color change in Teams, which most of the time just indicates "something" has occurred in the dozen+ groups I am now part of. Chats need to Pop Up, or do something to grab the user's attention. It is impractical for the user to stop what they are doing every time the icon shifts color (which I don't even notice every time anyhow) to see what is new in Teams. It needs to be a setting the user opts for or is by default, not an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Immediately send email notification on channel messages

Currently, when someone leaves a message in a channel thread, and you're offline or in another tenant, it takes a while for the message to be sent via email. The impact is that the user often finds it better to just send emails, which gets delivered right away...which is exactly what we're trying to avoid.

A solution for this would be to allow the administrator or individual user to be able to turn off the delay of messages sent in channels that you're a member.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Silence a meeting chat or channel for a number of minutes

I'd like a feature to silent a meeting chat for 15 or 30 minutes. The specific case is around meetings with a large number of participants all thanking the facilitator at the close of the meeting. I can think of other channels I follow where I no longer need to keep up on the event of the moment so a 15 minute snooze could be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improved notification

I like the notifications, but want to get them for particular feeds only when specific words or phrases are used. There is no ability to create a that kind of filter today. I hope you will implement it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Is there a way to indicate the status as in a meeting or conference call?

Is there a way to indicate the status as in "in a meeting" or "Conference Call"?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mute chat message notifications during a meeting

Please mute chat message notifications during a meeting.

During a big townhall meeting many people can send messages. It is very annoying if your constantly hear a beep when someone is presenting or answering questions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Do not show notifications for active Teams meeting, when the chat panel is open

When in a Teams meeting, and having the chat window open, notifications for new messages in that very meeting, block the messages shown in the chat panel. Especially when multiple messages come in at the same time, shown above eachother.
    It would be good to not show notifications for messages forming part of an open chat panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams does not show if call is catched by local oder mobile users

It would be a benefit to see if called person is using a mobile or a computer by just by visualising with a fitting status icons - e.g. a phone for mobile. We talk a lot to sales men and if I know they are by car using their hands free phone it makes no sense to discuss technical issues where you need a computer.

There also seems to be a bug with status not shown correctly. Then status is shown available but the called person is still in another Teams meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatically mute notifications for a chat you're already looking at

I understand how useful notifications are for alerting you to updates in chat that you are not aware of. But current functionality has notifications appearing over the top of your reply in a chat that you're currently actively using. This seems to make no sense.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bold and dots disappear when click on "Activity"

Just like in "Chat", do not automatically unbold and make dots disappear on new Activity. Make it Manual, so we can keep track of what we haven't seen yet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 140 141
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base