Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There should be an option to specify folder when downloading a file from Teams

There should be an option to specify folder when downloading a file from Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams shared Photo in chat

In the current situation, there is a time that we can't find easily the photo shared in the chatbox especially the important one. We are scrolling the messages until we saw the photo shared.
    Suggesting to have a photo shared section, wherein all the photo in the chat will be combine.
    Reader of the chat will helps to access easily the important images in the chatbox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. multi-select files from Files view to "share" via outlook

After working in Teams to create proposal documents, there was no easy way to multi-select the final set of proposal docs to "share" or send via outlook to an outside email recipient

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow drag and drop documents from Teams to Outlook

Instead of just being able to share a link to the document, please make it so the actual PDF, Word, Excel (etc) document can be dragged into an Outlook email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shortcut from file to team

When searching for files in the sidebar, it is very hard to find the team that conatins the file.
    Example: I wrote an article and posted in teams. The people in my team responded and I want to read those responses again. I do not know which team. I go to files, find my document and the only clue is a Location, but that is not an existing Team nor Channel. Apparently it is an internal name (in my case it says IATIInsigts91, but the channel eventually was Team : IATI Insights - INTERN
    Channel: Marketing, Blogs)
    A shortcut directly…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Channels should be a metadata column not a folder

So the whole point of SharePoint is to be able to sort by metadata, making files more accessible and easy to find. By forcing teams to create a folder by default it completely degrades the experience.
    I have to have a group called "Unassigned" because you can't assign metadata to folders and every time I create a channel I have to add a folder to that.

Make channels Metadata instead? This way it can be sorted by channel and the Channels can search for that single column to link them up.

Even if this was an option rather than a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Request for control over access to OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online from Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams から、OneDrive for Business 、SharePoint Online へのアクセス経路を制限できるようにしたい。
    Request for control over access to OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online from Microsoft Teams
    ■Description(内容):
    実現したい運用として、Office ポータルや、OneDrive クライアントからのみ、OneDrive for Business やSharePoint Online へアクセスさせるようにしたい。OneDrive for Business や SharePoint Online (ドキュメント ライブラリ含む) のアイコン表示やチャネル の上部メニューに出さないよう設定したい。 Microsoft Teams クライアント、ブラウザー版の Microsoft Teams 含め、表示できないように設定する項目の実装を希望します。
    Ideally, we want to only permit access to OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online through the Office Portal and the OneDrive client. We would request the ability to prevent the OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online (Document Libraries included) icons from appearing, and prevent them appearing as items…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We would like to request for a feature to allow only DropBox for Business to be used with Microsoft Teams, or allows it only on a domain

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams でBusiness 向けの DropBox のみ連携を許可することや、該当ドメインのみ連携許可する機能を実装してほしい。
    We would like to request for a feature to allow only DropBox for Business to be used with Microsoft Teams, or allows it only on a domain

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて、ビジネス向けのDropboxのみ連携を許可する機能、該当ドメインのみ連携のみ許可する機能、Dropboxの中で連携先を限定する機能を実装してほしい。
    We would like to request for a feature to allow only DropBox for Business to be used with Microsoft Teams, or allows it only on a specific domain, as well as be able to limit association within the DropBox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to hide the “OneDrive for Business” link for attaching files in Teams chat

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のチャットで添付ファイルアイコンとして、OneDrive for Business のアイコン表示を出さないよう設定したい。
    Option to hide the “OneDrive for Business” link for attaching files in Teams chat

■Description(内容):
    実現したい運用として、Office ポータルや、OneDrive クライアントからのみ、OneDrive for Business やSharePoint Online へアクセスさせるようにしたい。 Microsoft Teams クライアント、ブラウザー版の Microsoft Teams 含め、表示できないように設定する項目の実装を希望します。
    Conceptually, I want to have access to OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online to be restricted to the Office portal and the OneDrive client. I want an option to have OneDrive options hidden from the Teams app and the Teams web version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I need the ability to add signature to documents and Excel files easily with out some sort of account subscription or hassle.

I need to be able to have people sign off on hours. This needs to be easily done without a subscription process and emailing and downloading documents back and forth. The documentation should be allowed in Excel, Word and Acrobat. Signatures are a pain now and this needs to be and should be a mobile friendly option that is easily allowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Save as" or an option to choose where to download the online files.

It crossed my mind that a "Save as" or an option to choose where to download the online files in the system would be useful. When seeing an online file, if I want to download it, it doesn't allow the user to save the file in a specific folder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版で IRM で保護されたフォイルを展開できるようにして欲しい。
    I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.
    ■Description(内容):
    IRM で保護されたドキュメントは、Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版のどちらもエラーが発生し、直接展開ができないため、ドキュメントのダウンロードをしなくても Microsoft Teams 上で直接展開する機能の実装をして欲しい。
    Attempting to open an IRM protected file trough the web version or desktop version of Teams returns an error, and the file can’t be opened. I want to be able to open these documents directly in Teams, instead of having to download and open them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Downloading/uploading files: Outlook-Teams

Why is it not possible to drag and drop attachments from Outlook directly into Teams? I have to drag them onto my desktop and then into Teams, which seems like a waste of time. Outlook and Teams should be able to drag files across to one another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PDF viewer broken on macOS Catalina

After installing macOS Catalina, when I try to open PDF files in Teams, I see black screen. If I copy the link and past it in Safari- I can see content. I assume Teams PDF viewer does not work with the new version of macOS Catalina.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. File Size

It would be great, if the shared files can be forwarded.

Display file size along with file and download status would be an additional feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show the formula bar in Excel files to see the content in the cell when using readonly mode in Teams

When viewing an Excel file from the Teams client (web) app, you cannot see all the content in a single cell. I would be nice if you could click on that cell and the content would display in a read only display bar, for example the formula bar, similar to the Excel Desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. should have forward button for chat

should have forward button for chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Teams act like more Windows Explorer

1. Allow user to add more than 1 file at a time (multi-select) to Outlook email when pulling files from Teams
    2. Allow user to edit the file tree (e.g., delete a file, create a folder, drag/move files) during the attach file process in Outlook when pulling files from Teams
    3. Enable drag and move files in general in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move/Copy files from other MS apps like Outlook email to channel files

Being able to move a file from another MS app, like Outlook, to a channel files, without having to copy it to your local drive first would be a real timesaver for some

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 57 58
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.