Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bookmark Frequently Used Files

Ability to bookmark the files (across teams) that you frequently use.
    How could this be done? For a file under the ellipses where you can find items such as "edit in teams", "open in browser", etc., have option for "bookmark".

Where to find your bookmarks? On the Files tab, there are 3 views currently: (1) Recent, (2) Microsoft Teams, (3) Downloads. Add a fourth for Favorites. This would look similar to the recent view, but filtered only to those you have favorited.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attach files to an assignment as a teacher

Students create assignment through teams using word, excel, or OneNote.They can also add a document as an attachment.
    A teacher can view and correct these documents. It would be great if the teacher could also add an additional document/file when correcting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable move of OneNote noteboooks from personal OneDrive to Teams

Having enrolled in Microsoft 365 and starting to use Team, I would like to move several OneNote notebooks from OneDrive personal into Teams/Sharepoint. There is no straight forward way to do this now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Removing of Synced Teams library from Explorer - without Deleting it - as it deletes it in Teams

Removing of Synced Teams library from Windows Explorer - without Deleting it - as it deletes it in Teams.

Give users an easier option when right click on a synced folder from teams to stop the sync and remove the library from Windows Explorer.

The error message when trying to delete the folder from Windows Explorer is misleading as it states it will be deleted 'from this PC'. This message MUST be clear to inform the user it is actually deleting the folder/library from Teams. This is a complete delete of the content - not only on local PC.

Regards,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Edit file name at the files

What if, we can edit the file's name by the uploader. Or, the uploader can delete his own files, so there's no more trash files by accident after upload something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make Sharing / Pointing to a file location OBVIOUS

When sharing a "link" to a file with a colleague...
    Don't just got to the file & View it.
    ALSO display the LOCATION of that file in the TEAMS Structure so they can find it again, and again, and again...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Sharing / Pointing to a file easier.

Make Pointing / sharing a file location easier.
    Add a menu choice (...) to "Post file link in channel". This would create a "Post" in that channel with a link to the file so that you could "Call-Out" the user's you need to share the file with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow viewing of contents of older versions in version history

In SharePoint and OneDrive's version history, I was very disappointed to discover that the "View" option doesn't do what I expected. I'd like to be able to view the contents of an older version of a file. Otherwise, how do I know which one I want to restore? Or, what if there is one thing I want to grab from an older version, like a sentence or paragraph, to put back into the current version, without restoring the entire file and losing all of my changes in between? The View option currently just shows the metadata about that old version,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Meeting Attendance

When saving the Meeting Attendance, make the file name the name of the mtg. If you don’t label/rename the file right away it is hard to tell multiple attendance documents apart without opening up each one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Back Button and Move File function - take to previous screen & take one folder level up

When in a file: when I press the backward arrow button, don't take me all the way back to channel landing page. Take me to the previous screen.

When moving a file: when I press the up arrow to navigate to the files at a higher level, don't take me all the way to the Team landing page. Take me one level up from the folder the file is currently in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to turn a channel into a file and subsequently move file to an alternative channel.

I would like to make a current channel a file and subsequently move that file to a channel that already exists. Or, the ability to move a channel into another channel, which turns the first channel into a file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Blocking Fileshare in Teams

As a part of Data Loss Prevention , how to block File sharing in Teams between users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share graded assignments

Our school's administration wants copies of some of the tests given through Teams. I do not see a way to create an archive of the assignments made by students that could be shared with the administration. There's not even a way to share individual tests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assignment

If students upload the assignment by clicking 'add work' it should be viewed by only the teachers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams needs to have the drag and drop function

As described in the above field

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat window files

When a file file is posted to a chat window automatically add to the file folder and make it a link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to add additional 'shared' business onedrives - critical!

Make teams more powerful by allowing access to shared OneDrive files in ANY version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Drag files from email to Teams files

Currently unable to drag files from my Outlook to Files in Teams. In order to do so, I have to drag the file onto my desktop then drag it into Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sequence numbering of ducoments uploaded to files numerically.

Currently, if you want to number files, instead of it being listed: 1, 2, 3,...8, 9, 10, 11; it is being listed 1, 10, 11 , 2, 3...8, 9

It groups the numbers together instead of letting it flow numerically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)