Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. separate instances for multiple desktops

Since we received the Windows update that added the ability to rename each of your multiple desktops, I'd love to see support for multiple instances of Teams added as well. Right now clicking on the Teams icon in the taskbar switches my desktop to the one where Teams is currently active, which really jams up my workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft OST to PST Converter

To recover the data from OST file to PST then you can always use ATS OST to PST Converter software which is a multi-talented software to do the tasks related to Outlook OST. The users can easily export all the database of OST file into PST file format with taking the help of this free conversion tool. Before starting the conversion of OST files you can also can see a live preview of recovered items of OST file to mobe the selective OST items into PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, VCard, MBOX and HTML file formats. It has simple GUI So…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Export Exchange Emails to PST

I would like to suggest you try this SysInspire EDB to PST free software which is very helpful to recover the database from the corrupted EDB file. It can export exchange emails to PST, EMLX, EML, MSG, and HTML. It also shows a preview of mailbox items before converting the EDB file into any format given above. And there will be no changes in the original EDB fie.

For More Info:- https://www.sysinspire.com/export-exchange-mailbox.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to categorize chats

I would love to be able to categorize my chats better. Having all of my meeting chats in the same list as the personal chats gets confusing and sometimes important personal chats get lost. Simple ways to group them together would be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scale chat window boxes to fit the app window

When the (Windows) desktop Teams window is maximized, only about half of the message area on the right is being used, the rest being blank margins. This makes it hard to read code sections with longish lines because you have to scroll horizontally, I typically just copy the code to Notepad++ so I can easily read it or select/copy without having to scroll as much.

This is not a problem with Slack. I've attached two screenshots, one of Teams and then one of Slack. As you can see, Slack makes it much easier to read code sections because it takes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Revert the light display

You have three visuals for the teams desktop app. in terms of color. I use light. Yesterday you changed the look so that the column on the left is no longer black, There is no longer contrast and it make it difficult to see. Please revert it back or give it as an options. It is the area that says activity, chat, teams etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. it'd be great if we could pop out the whole chat function rather than just individual chats

So i'm the tech lead on a highly multidisciplinary team, and therefore I'm getting questions from multiple people at once, while I also have to reference multiple documents that are currently housed in teams so that we can all access them. It would be great if I could pop out the chat feature (perhaps in a more compact mode) so that I could move between several teams pages and documents and type in the chat without losing my place.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Capability to reply to an specific message

Capability to reply to an specific message within the desktop app wheter chat window or within a team. In the mobile app there is already the option to do it not sure why not in the desktop app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add "Favorites" function for files, channels, conversations

It would be great to have "favorites" tab for quick navigation between frequently used channels and files. Or something like customizable "main page" where you could add shortcuts to content or maybe widgets from apps even. Today you can only pin to the top of the lists in every module separately

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Recover EDB File

Try this utility to recover EDB file without the need for an Exchange server only MS Outlook installation is required. Also, this EDB to PST free software can work with MS Outlook versions from 97 to 2016. You can download this software from the website of SysInspire and grab the benefit of this best and secured software.

For More Info:- https://www.sysinspire.com/edb-to-pst-converter/edb-recovery.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Be able to set a default monitor for Teams other than the default for Windows.

Teams always opens on my display that is set as primary. I have 3 monitors and would like it to always open on another monitor that is not my primary. Most Microsoft Office apps remember the monitor they we last closed on and will open up on that monitor the next time you start them. Have Teams behave the same way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable resizing of meeting toolbar while hovering

When unmuting (or performing another action) during a presentation, it is possible that someone stops presenting as you click a button. This causes the meeting toolbar to resize and makes it easy to perform an unintended action, like turning on video. It would be great to disable resizing of this toolbar while a user's mouse is hovering and resize as soon as the cursor leaves the toolbar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. edit button in chat popup

There is a popup when you hover over a chat message with some smileys and a three button menu. To edit a message I have written I have to wait for the hover, then select the three button menu, then select edit. I request the edit button be added to the popup alongside the smileys

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assessibilty

The windows application on the laptop is very heavy. The application needs to be lighter and faster, right now the application is very heavy , it takes time to load and process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Come back to the original colors scheme

Recently the colors scheme changed to just gray, it was really better with the previous scheme.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display "Microsoft Teams" on desktop app on the left top corner at the blank space beside the arrows

There is a blank space beside the navigation arrows on the left top corner of the desktop MS Teams app. This can be used to display the product name if it is not already planned for anything else.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reply feature in desktop version

Reply feature in desktop version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. keep on top

since some of us are working on dual desktop (Personal-office) and some meetings are quite lengthy and in order to be able to work in dual desktops, please add this feature like zoom which they call it[ Keep on top]
    thanks,
    A

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. OST to PST Recovery

It is very easy and simple to access OST file data into PST file formats just with the help of ATS OST to PST Converter Software that has multiple advanced features. You can easily repair all the errors and recovers all the corrupt or encrypt OST file into PST file without losing any single email items. This OST conversion application helps the clients to safely convert single as well as multiple OST files to PST, EML, HTML, MSG, EMLX, NSF, PDF, vCard files, etc. It easily transfers all Outlook OST files into cloud applications such that – Live Exchange Server…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 95 96
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base