Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to get status of the person from external organisation?

Hi!

I would like to see the status of my colleagues from external organization like I had it in Skype for Business. In Teams the status of external persons is always "unknown" or offline

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. problem with teams status

hello there, i have a question in regards to MS teams, why is my status always in red / busy? even though there are no meetings going on in my calendar, Is there an option to edit settings so that i am in control of the status?

i would like a feature for being in control, like skype for business had.

for example

- sync my status with outlook CHECK OR NOT
    - set away status after XX minutes CHECK OR NOT

shouldn't be that hard no?

thanks,
    Gabrio

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Statuses - highlight the difference between "Appear away" and "Be right back"

As I understand it, "Appear away" should be used when you want people to just think you're not at your computer and "Be right back" is a more definitive 'I've nipped out, you won't get a reply for a while'. In Outlook, the contact card shows if you've selected "Be right back" with those words. However, in Teams you just see the icon which is the same as "Away" / "Appear away" so colleagues don't know which it is. Please could you make this clear like on the Outlook contact card.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable the presence association between Teams and Outlook

It would be nice to have a setting that disable the presence association between Teams and Outlook.
    We are also using Skype for Business in our environment and we can disable the association by setting Teams upgrade policy. However, if we do so, Skype for Business becomes main app and we cannot use Teams. So, we would like to disable the linkage.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. screen shot

Request you to please provide an option of taking a snippet like snipping tool. This will help us a lot to make our conversations faster

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. User presence should be changed correctly while his/her monitor is duplicated

It would be great if Teams could have the Show me as Do Not Disturb when my monitor is duplicated option from SfB. When I connect a monitor to a projector by using Teams, my presence status would not be changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Status

Teams shows in default as away after 3 minutes of idle time. It should be given access to the user to set his own time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Opt-out of "Notify when available"

In the previous Skype for Business you had the option to "Tag for Status Updates" and Teams similarly implemented "Notify when available" in the spring of 2019. This has been a big ask for people, but at the same time, it's a feature which in my experience has been ripe for abuse at worst, and encouraging poor etiquette at best. If you've ever gotten 5 messages the moment you sat down and unlocked your PC in Skype for Business, you know what I'm talking about. This feature is also a privacy nightmare, and in environments where there are privacy concerns…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Like button colour change

Its better to change the color of the like button after liking the messages in Teams. Its very hard to identify whether we liked a content or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Teams honor EnableAwaySinceIndication setting from CSUserServicesPolicy

In Skype for Business, setting Set-CsUserServicesPolicy -EnableAwaySinceIndication:$false removed "Away/offline since" timer visible for other users.
    In EU (Germany specifically) this timer is seen as privacy-intrusive, and this needs to be configurable in Teams as well.
    Currently Teams explicitly don't allow to remove this (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/presence-admins#admin-settings-in-teams-compared-to-skype-for-business)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep showing Outlook presence even when I switched to external tenant which I’ve been invited as a guest

Currently you can’t see the right presence on Outlook when you switch your Teams tenant to the external tenant which you’ve been invited to as a guest, and Presence unknown will be shown in Outlook. It would be great if Outlook could show the correct status even when switching account in Teams to the guest account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Next Available Time In People Hover Card

Soon we will be able to see real-time presence in Teams but as chat becomes more and more the primary tool to contact people it would be nice when you hover over the persons name you can get the real-time presence and next available time as well. The information is already available to Teams (Scheduling Assistant) so adding it in the hover card would not be that difficult (says the non-coder). Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let me choose if I want to share my availability with external contacts

I don't want external people to see my availability - when I'm 'green' I want to be available to my people internally and not deluged by externals 'stalking' me. Let me have the option to share my availability with an external contact

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Users outside the organization can view status messages

Status messages should be implemented with the ability to set the scope of display, such as within an organization or a team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Prevent automatic presence / status changes

Please can there be a setting to turn off automatic presence / status changes, and also allow the presence setting to stay the same if Teams is closed or reopened or the computer is restarted. It is very frustrating and disruptive to work that the presence can change automatically by itself

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide API so headset manufacturers can set status

I am told that there is currently no way for headset manufacturers to set the status like they currently can do in skype for business.
    ie. When we are in a call on the headset on another device, allow the headset to indicate in teams the user is on a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lag in status symbol

There is a lag in the status symbol (green for present, red for occupied etc) compared to Skype. Also, I miss the search for contacts under Chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like to see a status per device Computer: away | Mobile: available

I'd like to see a status per device:
    Computer: Away
    Tablet: Offline
    Mobile: Available
    ...and while driving
    Mobile: Driving

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow hiding “Get app” “App” ”Help” options

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    "アプリを入手" "アプリ" "ヘルプ" の各項目を非表示にできるようにしたい。

Allow hiding “Get app” “App” ”Help” options
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の画面左下に表示される、"アプリを入手" "アプリ" "ヘルプ" の各項目を非表示に設定できるようにしたい。特に "アプリ" はストアアプリの為、ユーザーに対し制御できるようにしたい。

The options displayed at the bottom left of Microsoft Teams screen, “Get app”,”Apps” and “Help”, should be hidden from users. Especially the “Apps” we need to hide it from users’ screens since those apps are the store apps.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.