Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom status duration for "After Weekend"

At the end of the day when I want to continue working but I want to appear offline, I will set the duration of my status to last until "After today". This works fine except for on Friday when I won't be returning until Monday. My suggestion is to have an easy custom duration for "After Weekend" so my status will return to normal on Monday morning. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove "Appear Offline" presence

Would be good to have an option to disable for everybody in organization the option to set presence "Appear Offline"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Microsoft teams history assistance.

I use equipment for meetings that are scheduled almost every day and sometimes I want to know how many people connected in meetings that have already happened a few days or weeks ago, I think that accessible attendance list of any date would be useful. and not only the exact moment of the meeting that is the only possibility to download the attendance list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Display pronouns under picture/name in video meetings

When in meetings it can be hard to know how to refer to someone new or unknown to an individual. To help with this teams should include pronouns under the user image & name. This way it can be easy to understand what to say without having to dig into an ID card or other information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add "Appear Offline" option in taskbar icon view as well

Can you please add the Appear Offline option to the taskbar view also (see screenshot)? It's currently only in the Teams window view. Oftentimes I want to quickly change my status to this and have to fully open up teams, click on my profile, then click the drop down options just to do this. Yes, it's only a few steps but still so unnecessary. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change 'Away' & 'Be Right Back' icon colours

Have the 'Away' & 'Be Right Back' icons be different colours to be able to differentiate between the two statuses instead of hovering over the profile icon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Out to Lunch

Out to Lunch (with option to say when returning) I think this is essential. Especially all the different time zones companies work in. You can't assume someone is at Lunch during those hours.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notify when a colleague is available to talk

If I want to talk to Tim and noticed that his status is set to anything other than "available", e.g. "in a call", then given me an option to click which will remind me the moment Tim's status is changed to "available" again. By this , we do not need to check again and again to see if a colleague is free or busy. I am talking about Carporate Teams desktop client/accounts and not the free app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In/Out Call queues button

When we are a member of a queue, we can manually put us inactive or active "Settings / Calls / Call queues" it would be nice if this button was accessible more quickly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Presence description next the presence icon of the contact photo

Currently in most of the scenarios in Microsoft Teams Client (Desktop & Mobile) we must open the contact card from a user (click / hover over) to see the exact state of his presence. (Red has several meanings) This is quite time consuming if you need to find someone how is not in call for example. It would greate to see the description (Busy, in a call, in a conference call etc.) right next to the presence icon of the contact photo like there was in Skype for Business

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Being able to adjust how long the time out is until you show away.

Teams will show me away after 10 minutes. I continually have to go in and update my status. It will not allow you to adjust the timeout/away settings like Skype for Business would.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set recurring user presence

Add the ability for user presence to be on a recurring schedule. I don't want to be seen as "Available" just because I have picked up my phone or unlocked my computer in the evening or on a weekend.

Manually setting the Duration at the end of every day to be something other than available until the next workday is one more thing that should be automatic.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. audio + name pronunciation

I have many team members who have politely changed their names to make it easier for teammates to pronounce them. To support a more inclusive environment, I'd like an audio recording option to be available so that team members can record the correct pronunciation of their names and these audio files are available to play for any team member who needs a refresher on pronunciation.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Location

With the increase of flexibility and alternating work from home or the office, it would be nice to add a location next to the status (home/office/car/pub...;-)
    That way, it avoids chatting on Teams in case both are in the same location (getting a bit social!) - or looking for someone in the office while they are elsewhere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AWAY status timeout configuration

Teams sets availability to AWAY even when I am still actively working. This gives a false impression to management in these times of WFH. Why not set the timeout clock period that determines when Teams status changes to AWAY by setting the time to the last time there was a HID input to the OS? (e.g. a keystroke; mouse-click)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A CLAP OPTION WITH 3 levels of loudness to express satisfaction

Whenever I deliver a speech or take a seminar or make a presentation, it is the clap sound at the end that gives me the complete satisfaction of what I did. The loudness of the clap expresses, the happiness of the people and it is what gives me confidence, motivation and encouragement to perform next time. It would be nice if, we have 3 levels of loudness -low,medium,high which would express the satisfaction of the audience and also act as a feedback for the performer. If you could implement this, we will move a step closer to real classroom environment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. online status for specific group

Would like to be able to set by Status:
    1) Globally - i.e.as it exists today from other users perspective
    2) Have a different status for another set of people (group).

e.g. Appear to everyone as away/busy/do not disturb etc. However for my direct reports - show status as 'Available'

This could potentially be extended even further - as a hierarchical list of statuses for further lists/groups of people - until the the person viewing gets to the 'default/global' rule.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm a teacher. I can't download my students attendance on app

App should be able to download student presence

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add an additional Status Indicator to show if you are Working From Home (WFH) or Onsite

Add an additional (optional) status indicator to let other colleagues know if you are currently onsite or if you are working from home.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scheduled Status Change

It would be very useful to be able to set an ongoing Status change, such as a set daily lunch time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base