Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Associate your dial in presence tile with your app presence tile, so your webcam is brought forward when you talk

The problem is this, in short: Our conference room audio system is a permanently installed speaker and microphone array spanning 2 rooms and is separate from my computer and requires us to DIAL IN to Teams meetings bridge to join a meeting. When I dial in to start a meeting from a wired telephone, and put in MY PIN, I need it to tie that presence to MY account reliably instead of showing 2 different meeting attendees in the meeting attendee list; one for my actual account, and one for the number I dialed in from. The reason it cannot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Incorporate time into status, i.e. "away 10 minutes"

Similar to Skype for Business, include time with the status. For instance, "Away 10 minutes".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The Backyard Landscaping | Queens, NY

Address
    22 Springfield Blvd, #181
    Queens Village, NY

Phone number
    718-866-4229

Website
    http://backyardlandscaping.pro/

Description
    Landscaper

Keywords
    Landscaper.

Hours
    Mon-fri: 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sat 9:00 am to 7:00 pm

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Status option

There should be an option provided to select and set one particular status and it should remain same until changed manually (the way skype provides option to set availability).
    Also, timeline to set away status should be changeable.
    Sometimes app displays the duration for how long the person is away and sometime it just displays away status. This should be controllable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No solicitar una ubicación esperada

El reloj de fichar solicita una ubicación esperada, para poder disponer de la grabación de la ubicación del empleado al fichar .
    Sería genial que tan sólo registrara la ubicación (sea cua sea) en el momento de fichar al empezar o acabar su turno.

Muchas gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow users to customize away presence timeout

Allow users to customize away presence timeout like the options in the Skype client. Add: Show me inactive when my computer has been idle for this many minutes. Also Add: Change my status from inactive to Away after this many minutes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Availability needs to be user-controllable, not only automatic.

Currently (August 2019) Teams decides when you are away based on activity on the specific device.

That is inadequate. Availability should show *real life* availability, not PC activity.

Otherwise people might hesitate in contacting us, even though we can be working on another device or even performing another activity just a few inches away from the keyboard.

In those scenarios we need to be able to place ourselves as Available as most of the time those activities can and should be interrupted to answer an important message.

---
    On related but not exactly the availability issue, why isn't there an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make status available for external contacts

External contacts cannot see my status. I would like to have this option to show per contact.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams should have a report to show the user activity such the periods he was active, inactive, away etc.

With the above report companies will be able to track the users activity on his desktop, see the periods the employee is active / inactive on his desktop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include information for when client is available

Skype included details of when the client was going to next be free or available. This was helpful so I wasn't bothering the person when they were in the middle of a meeting or away. I would think that the feature may become available with different calendar integration, but I wanted to mention the idea.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow static status

Allow static settings of status such as busy. I may be busy but not typing on device so status does not remain busy - it switches to inactive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Grabación de coordenadas

Hola.
    Posibilitar la grabación de coordenadas de ubicación, sean cuales sean. No hay por qué esperar una ubicación concreta. Muchas gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to get status of the person from external organisation?

Hi!

I would like to see the status of my colleagues from external organization like I had it in Skype for Business. In Teams the status of external persons is always "unknown" or offline

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. problem with teams status

hello there, i have a question in regards to MS teams, why is my status always in red / busy? even though there are no meetings going on in my calendar, Is there an option to edit settings so that i am in control of the status?

i would like a feature for being in control, like skype for business had.

for example

- sync my status with outlook CHECK OR NOT
    - set away status after XX minutes CHECK OR NOT

shouldn't be that hard no?

thanks,
    Gabrio

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Statuses - highlight the difference between "Appear away" and "Be right back"

As I understand it, "Appear away" should be used when you want people to just think you're not at your computer and "Be right back" is a more definitive 'I've nipped out, you won't get a reply for a while'. In Outlook, the contact card shows if you've selected "Be right back" with those words. However, in Teams you just see the icon which is the same as "Away" / "Appear away" so colleagues don't know which it is. Please could you make this clear like on the Outlook contact card.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Disable the presence association between Teams and Outlook

It would be nice to have a setting that disable the presence association between Teams and Outlook.
    We are also using Skype for Business in our environment and we can disable the association by setting Teams upgrade policy. However, if we do so, Skype for Business becomes main app and we cannot use Teams. So, we would like to disable the linkage.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. screen shot

Request you to please provide an option of taking a snippet like snipping tool. This will help us a lot to make our conversations faster

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User presence should be changed correctly while his/her monitor is duplicated

It would be great if Teams could have the Show me as Do Not Disturb when my monitor is duplicated option from SfB. When I connect a monitor to a projector by using Teams, my presence status would not be changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Status

Teams shows in default as away after 3 minutes of idle time. It should be given access to the user to set his own time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.