Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to disable automatic DND while presenting

Automatic DND while presenting is neat and all, but not a universal need. The way my work is set up, I need to be available for outside calls, even during some meetings.

I need to be able to turn off this automatic feature in the settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display a collegue's local time and a graphic indicating indicating their local time (sun/moon circle) in all areas.

I think as we interact with people it's important to respect their time of day. This is an especially constant concern when working in a global company where colleagues might be just waking up, working late, or picking up the phone in the middle of the night to join a meeting.

This should be a user and company-wide option to enable or not. (not all companies are global, and some teams do not work with global colleagues, so not everyone would want to see this)

This info should be displayed in all areas such as contact card, during a call…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Display Working from Home or working from office, based on the network.

If I'm connected in office network, enable working from office.
    If I'm connected to personal network , enable working from home.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. being able to delete / tick of work. having a page for just the work youve been set.

There's a page of work and a box next to it so when you have finished the assignment you 'tick' it off.
    There's also a page for all the assignments, that have not been 'ticked off' and for the ones that 'have been ticked off' so students and workers can keep track of work rather than pain-painstakingly having to check everywhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Virtual Avatars that can make head motions for those who do not share video

Many do not share video in meetings, while they are on mute this makes it very difficult to elicit feedback. I would like to see a virtual avatar feature that would allow users to nod, shake their head, give thumbs up/down, high five, etc. to get responses to facilitators that would otherwise be lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [web-app] Stop changing status to away after 2-3 minutes. I'm still working and my teammates don't know if I'm really available or not

This is super annoying. I have to constantly go to the web app to just hover my mouse over it to prevent it from switching my status to away every 2 minutes. The web app should not change the status, or have 15' timeout to do so.

As I was writing this, I had to go back to the web app to change my status to available. It's unbearable.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make the presence dot larger so that you can tell if on do not disturb vs in a meeting

make the presence dot larger so that you can tell if on do not disturb vs in a meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add "orange" color to "Busy" status. Let the "Red" be for "on call".

Please add "orange" color to "Busy" status. Let the "Red" be for "on call".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please restore the "Full screen" option

Please restore the "Full screen" option. Having a smaller "focused" view is such a step backward.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Busy Vs In-a-call and Presenting Vs Do-Not-Disturb

Currently Red symbol is indicating that a user busy or in-a-call and same for DND symbol is indicating for presenting as well so we are not able to identify exact action of the user correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve Microsoft forms implementation in Microsoft teams.

When voting in a poll in Microsoft teams it should let us know if our vote was sent; in my case, I use to vote multiple times because I get anxious about If my vote was sent or not.
    I´m a student and my teachers use these polls to take assistance and I need to know If the poll actually did its work.
    By the time I´m writing this the only thing the poll does is change the button´s color into a more gray one and then coming back to its original color.
    I think the poll should tell us…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove auto update of status

Remove the automatic update of status if away for 5 minutes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Teams Presence when another VoIP application accesses mic/speaker/camera

Please allow Teams to change presence status to 'busy' ect, when another 3rd party VoIP (Zoom, Ringcentral, WebEx,Skype) tool accesses mic/camera. Often external contacts require us to use their collaboration tool that is not integrated into Outlook Calendar presence. This will help sync actual user activity and pretense with Teams availability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pause screen and mute mic

Introduce a single button which instantly pauses your screen and mutes your mic in order to scream at the top of your lungs. Once you have returned to (semi) normality, you can then press the button again to un-pause and unmute.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Curently, teams shows me away even when i'm here, working on other documents. This should'nt occur as I am right here at my desk.

Curently, teams shows me away even when i'm here, working on other documents. This should'nt occur as I am right here at my desk. just working on something else that doesn't need Teams! This is really becoming an issue as people come back saying you were away for an hour- but no, I was right here working on an email, or creating a document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add attendence record

There should be a attendence record button so that everyone can see their attendence and maintain their attendence further.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams showing away while still active on the device.

Recently, Teams has started showing our users Away when they are active on the device, but have been inactive in Teams for more than 5 minutes or so. Our company is now working 95% from home and having this incorrect status is misleading to not only our colleagues, but also to our managers. I understand that this is similar to other posts but I wanted to emphasize that the implications of Teams changing the presence of users and showing away while working can negatively impact a manager's perception of their employees' work ethic while working remotely.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Device Specific Presence

As an IT manager I need to keep on top of issues and have Teams installed on my iPhone. Unfortunately I am not Away available or Away even when my laptop is OFF.

This sets an expectation from users that they can reach me any time.

I want to GET all the messages, but do not wish to appear "Off-line" when my computer is off.

This request is for the ability to set a device to be considered AVAILABLE or NOT AVAILABLE for Presence. This would not impact the devices ability to see chats or get calls, just the device…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base