Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have reduced the size of the window but it still takes up half of my screen. Can it more reduction in size capibility?

my colleagues and I have 14" screen, laptops. the chat window takes up half the screen. it is as small as it will go. can we get it smaller?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make all camera images visible in large gallery view

Online teachers are supposed to monitor if students have their cameras on during class. In the Large Gallery view, we are only shown students who have their cameras on. Can there be an option to view everyone's profile image even if the camera is turned off?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable presence information for Skype users

As per the Teams/Skype interop document (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-skype-interop) and real-life testing, "Teams users and Skype users can't see each other's presence.". Please correct that as not having presence defeats one of the primary advantages of Instant Messaging.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need the real full screen of screen shared

We need the feature of full screen of "the screen shared" rather than what is being shown (along with Tools on top and COntacts at bottom)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No debería cambiar el status a ausente cuando dejo de tocar la computadora

Cuando se trabaja en casa por la pandemia hay mucha actividad además de trabajar Cuando uno se levanta del computador por algunos minutos el status cambia para ausente de forma automática esto genera stress y presión además de fatiga visual tener que estar sentado viendo la pantalla todo el tiempo por salud mental y física deberían arreglar esto mucha gente teme que otros o sus jefes los vean ausente cuando apenas hizo una pausa por el hijo o un café genera sensación de vigilancia

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More elaborate Color Presence

Have a special ring around your presence so people can see your status better. if it was changeable, that would be nice too. Attached is an example of me being busy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More elaborate Color Presence

Have a special ring around your presence so people can see your status better. if it was changeable, that would be nice too. Attached is an example of me being busy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More elaborae Color Presence

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Take off alerts from the main contact name

Currently set-up an alert to follow availability of colleague and no longer required. In the mass of team messages unable to find colleague to take alert off. Would it be possible when select the main contact have it as alert follow/unfollow availability rather than having to scroll through hundreds of messages to find the person to deselect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Track Your Students' Participation

Include in the attendance list about the student

Participated or not participated in chat or voice

as the live transcript, it will be easier to track the students' performance and the one who stays quiet during the class.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Different colors for busy and on the phone

Being set to Busy, and talking on the phone are very different statuses, why do they share a color?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. picture in picture mode so that we can work on other application while watching a presentation

The idea is to watch a presentaion in a meeting in picture in picture mode, so that we can work on some other applicaiton while looking at the presentaion

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display a user's time zone

I interact with people in many different time zones. Many times, I have no idea where a person is located - and what the time is where they are. I also realize that people have Teams on their mobile devices, and may seem "Available" even when their workday is long over. I don't really want to disturb them when they are "off the clock".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. quick button for "Out to lunch" status with a default 1hr duration

Can we get a button that will change our status from "Available' to "Out for Lunch" with a default 1 hour duration, but customizable "will return at..." time function?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Status message can be scheduled to appear as defined by employee after a defined time

In the current pandemic we all face a very difficult time segregating working hours and home time. Please create a feature which can be scheduled to change your status as per the working hours selected.

Eg. if my working hour is from 9-5pm i should have a setting to change my status to anything like 'Home Time', Employee self time etc.anything on the similar grounds.
    Hope we all can together make a better working place where humanity is valued equally as profit figures.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Presence should allow a custom message apply with a "From Date" and a "To Date"

Presence should allow a custom message apply with a "From Date" and a "To Date".

Currently, it only allows the Custom Message to have an "End Date".

I want to be able to enter this in advance like when setting my out of office for E-Mail works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto update/reset my status when I unlock my PC

When I used Skype for Business and set my status to Be Right Back, Skype would reset my status once I unlocked my pc. I'm noticing that Teams does not automatically reset my status when I unlock my pc and I'm not finding any settings to change that behavior. I'd like Teams to take me off Be Right Back automatically when I unlock my PC so I don't need to always go back and update my Teams status upon return. It should be back to whatever is the appropriate status (Available, In a Meeting, etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Participants register download

I would like to know if there is a way of extracting a participants register after the actual team session. for example I was on leave and the organizer of session for 3/4/5 November 2020, 3pm -4pm. I tried to draw the register on an afterwards basis but am unable to do so.

Suggestion;
    1. Have access to draw a register on an afterward basis
    2. Have more individuals being able to draw the register on the session or on an afterward basis

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base