Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. an IM driving status message

I would like to see an "Im driving status message."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We need a presence option for "Working Remote".

This is aimed at users who are remotely logged in to their desks. Our company supports working from home and remote login, however, we do not have an efficient way to notify other users of their location, other than hovering and waiting for a status message. Adding a category with another color would make for an easy quick reference. The reality is that, nearly everytime I work remote, I've been asked to assist in the conference room because it appears that I am here on Teams, when I am actually at home. This would be a nice bit of streamlining…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In a call status color change or add call icon

The red indicator for "In a call" and "busy" are quite misleading. Can the "In a call" have a phone symbol in it or alternatively another colour altogether.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. dnd accurate across devices

When changing to Do Not Disturb - update all devices/sessions logged in at the time. I've had instances where I send a message to someone and once I hit send - immediately the status changes to DnD (promise it's not just because they don't like me :-) ). I think it's to do with multiple devices - when I've checked it's generally someone with mobile and laptop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. presenter mode standout for all participants

I love the new presenter mode "standout", where the presenter is overlaid on top of their presentation. I would like a feature to enable all participants / attendees to be shown on top of the presentation in the same "standout" way, along the bottom of the presentation; rather than in separate boxes in a separate window/square.

This will allow the meeting participants to see reactions of other attendees more easily; especially useful in collaborative or small group sessions where feedback based on body language is important.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow custom Away time

Similar to Skype (and Skype for Business), please, add the ability to customize after what period of time the online status is changing from Available to Away. The current built-in timeout of 5 minutes is misleading to team members and is not reflecting the real status of the user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Deduplicate status icons

Issue: Icons are the same for multiple statuses (E.G. Do Not Disturb, Presenting and Focusing all use the same icon. Also Away is the same as Be Right Back). This causes confusion when colleagues are determining whether or not they can reach each other.

Solution: Use different icons for disparate statuses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Focus status option with different icon

Issue: Current status options are restrictive

Solution: Add option for status to choose "Focusing" from. E.G. I want to set the status of "Focusing" even if my calendar does not have focus time scheduled. Icon should NOT be the same as another status (right now it is the same icon as Do Not Disturb).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. el tiempo que cambian los estados es muy corto y no es posible ponerle la duración a "disponible"

el tiempo que cambian los estados es muy corto y no es posible ponerle la duración a "disponible", lo que es necesario.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. can Teams show when a user is presenting so as others not in the meeting are aware

can Teams show when a user is presenting so as others not in the meeting are aware

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Communication style and preferences

I would like to be able to show everyone in my org short description of my communication style and preferences. Example of info that I would like to see there:
    -Call me for urgent, contact via Teams(IM) for important, and via email for not urgent.
    -My focus time is 10-12 AM, avoid those slots for non-urgent matters.
    -You can meet me in the office on Wednesdays and Thursdays (my company is going hybrid).
    I imagine that it would be good to have it as one of the tabs in contact properties. This can be a free text or somehow structured…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Random pop-up presence check

During trainings the presence is based on the connection at the meeting, but at the end of the meetings it happens that someone stays inside the room = meaning he/she's not really there at that moment, while the computer is connected. You can fix it by adding a random pop-up presence check appearing on the screen, to be clicked in order to validate your real presence during the meeting. You don't how many and when the next will arrive. This is important for instance during trainings.
    I imagine that 2-5 pop-ups appearing with random delays for each attendees for a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A highlight feature for the cursor for presenting

whereby when presenting the cursor itself shows up as more highlighted so people can see it more clearly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Revert Status/Presence to Available when a Meeting Ends Early

Often a recurring meeting that takes up an hour in my calendar ends after only 15 mins if there aren't any major updates needing shared. I manually change my presence back to Available so that people know I am not still "In a meeting".

It is really hard to tell if someone is still in their meeting or if they're actually available to talk. This would not be the case if people worked from the office as you'd physically see they've returned to their desk.

It would be great if Teams could do this for you after it recognises a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it faster and easier to set/clear status

I change my status (currently in another messaging app) many times a day and I often have to quickly change it. We are moving to Teams and it is tedious set availability, status message, duration etc. Sometimes I just don't have the time to set it correctly.

Teams really needs an ability to be able to quickly set these things (from a pre-defined list) with 2 or 3 mouse clicks. I would set up half a dozen different ones for the situations that occur for me regularly.

You should be able to set
    * availability: away, busy, etc
    * custom…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. develop filters so i can look like my best self every day

Develop a set of filters so that my face/hair can look my best self, even when it's 3am or I've spent the night with a sick kid... speaking for the women out there who may not get a shower/hairdry/makeup before that early morning meeting!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Presence - Integrate 'Working Elsewhere' from Outlook Calendar

Like many companies, we are in desperate need of a simple and elegant solution to record and make visible (and track) a remote work status.

• Manage your Outlook Calendar – Use the Existing ‘Working Elsewhere’ (or introduce another status)

• Make ‘Working Elsewhere’ Status as Visible in the Presence Status of Outlook and MS Teams

Manage your Calendar as ‘the source of truth’ …and incorporate a remote work status. To be honest, I’m shocked that Microsoft has not provided a vehicle to effectively solve this need …again in a simple and elegant way. Nothing appears to be on the roadmap.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More flexible options to allow calls during focus time presence status.

I like the concept of Focus time from My Analytics but cannot use it as even during focus time I still need to be able to take calls from clients ringing through a Auto Attendent and/or call queue.

It would to be good be able to tailor the focusing presence option that appears when in focus time to allow certain calls.

Examples:

1. Allow calls from External sources, specific Call Queues, Auto Attendants. (Similar to priority contacts but for external PTSN calls where you wont know the person who may be calling). You could also have an option for, toast +…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a Way to Indicate Whether I'm Working from Home or at the Office

As we return to the offices, it would be useful if there was an official status that indicates whether somebody is working at the office or from home. Many employees and employers are following a hybrid work model, so it can be extremely useful to know if somebody was available to meet in person.

This could be done manually now with the status message, but very few people read those messages. A visual indication would be more useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base