Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. keep my all my contacts visible (regardless the organisation om logged in)

Keep my all my contacts visible (regardless the organisation om logged in).

I want to see who is online or not, regardless which Organisation i'm logged in to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1on1 call with setting the topic.

It's hard to start a call without causing a stress to the other party if the topic is unknown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Australian location for SIP and Media handling

Currently as of the 12/10/2019 voice locations are only US, EU and Asia.

Please add extra locations to improve the voice latency.
    For us people in Australia we need local call handling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Caller id policy to forward to external number

Please allow us to forward all incoming voice calls to an external number (a number not in Microsoft). This would only be for calls coming in that are calling a voice phone number...we want those calls to be directed to our company's current 1 800 number instead of reaching the specific user the voice number is assigned to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Caller ID show as external number

Please allow users to set the caller id on outgoing voice calls to be a number outside of Microsoft. We want to set the caller id to be our company's current 1 800 number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can you look up an incoming phone call in contacts and display who is calling?

Can you look up an incoming phone call in contacts and display who is calling?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. call from a website phone number "callto:" on android teams client

On android phones, if you hit a callto: link on a website it pulls up a list of available apps to make the phone call. regular VOIP clients including skype pop up, besides the phone native dialer.

I would like Teams to also be an option when doing that, so I can call phone numbers from a website directly on teams as I use a calling plan with Teams already and can make regular PSTN calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When minimized, view just the call dial panel when in Call Mode.

Now you have to click Calls, Dial, then Activities to see it. Too many keystrokes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Join Call Feature

1. today when I launch to join a meeting call it takes me to the browser instead of to the App that is already installed on my laptop.
    2. when I join meeting call from app it requires me to click Join 2x to finally enter the call - why 2x - if I click join from Outlook appointment I should just be able to join call.
    3. when using the Teams App on my phone - calendar cannot be set as a default. as a result joining a call requires me to select an app within the Teams App…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a "Company" category to Contracts

We currently have a couple of people that work for different companies that have the same name. It would be useful to be able to add the company name in order to phone the correct person. Also, this will enable us to contact a company when we've forgotten the name of the contact.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix Agent Group order in Call Queues for Attendant routing

When assigning multiple Agent Groups to a Call Queue, I would expect the Agent Group order should work the same for all 3 Routing methods (Attendant, Serial and Round Robin). Attendant routing does not honour Agent Group ordering but Serial and Round Robin does.

We need to be able to have all agents in Group1 ring, then if not answered, all agents in Group2 should ring and if not answered the all agents in Group3 should ring etc.
    Assuming the order is Group1, Group2 and Group3 and we have all these Agent groups added to a single Call Queue.

Current…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow administrators to edit number type from Users to Service via the Teams admin center

Since we now have voice features in the updated Teams admin center and can edit phone numbers under Voice>Phone numbers, please add a function so we can change a "Number type" from Users to Service ourselves, rather than requesting it via a support ticket or email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filter Call History

For us and our customers it would be helpful to be able to filter the results in the call history. At the moment, this list is just getting longer and longer. So, I'd like to be able to sort and filter by type (incomming, outgoing, missed), date or source/destination number.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Microphone dies as soon as the other party answers the call.

The microphone on my PC is working fine. As soon as the other party answers the call my microphone input shows that there is no sound being picked up. I've clicked the mute/un-mute but still nothing. The settings also doesn't indicate any input from the microphone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. save my regular "dial me in" phone number

It seems to do this on the mobile version (though not sure if that could be my phone doing it) - please save/make available regular "dial me in" phone numbers. I always join meetings with my audio via my mobile (so I can both move around and use mobile headset that isn't optimised for laptop usage)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Volumes do not decrease in a call

When taking part in a call in Teams, the volumes of other sounds in the system are not reduced like they were in Skype. It's very distracting and inconvenient; it would be great if the other volumes were able to decrease once entering a Teams call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Forward transcribed voicemail via rule.

When setting up a rule to forward a transcribed voicemail to another e-mail address, it does not work. I currently use a teams phone for taking support calls and need to forward any transcribed voicemails to a support ticketing system via e-mail.

Note that I do have a workaround currently via setting up a Flow to do the forwarding. However, it seems like something that should be available via standard e-mail forwarding rule.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. clicktocall plugin & functionnality

Add a Chrome plugin for Clicktocall like all others soft (an icon appear next to the number) . Also the same functionnality will be perfect for Outlook

Or provide a shortcut : if we select a phone number, by pressing like F6 or other combinaison, the call is launch automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make a call on behalf of a Call Queue

A call queue agent should be able to make a call on behalf of the call queue they are a member of. The calling line ID should be shown as the number associated with the Call Queue and not the agent's personal number.

Similar functionality existed in Lync and Skype for Business - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/answer-and-make-calls-for-a-response-group-in-lync-2010-d9182de9-32f6-492d-90cd-9bd0c0a390b2#__make_a_call

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.