Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On iPad

On the iPad you used to be able to minimise a screen share so you can just see the people in large pictures and the screen share in small. We used to use this all the time as we would log on twice, once on iPad for video and on the desktop for looking at the shared document. Please give us the option back !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tabs (atop the app screen) for favorite work areas like chats, teams, files, lists, apps

I find myself clicking too many times to get to a Microsoft list in a team, then switch to a specific file location (inside a folders) in another team, and then going to the chat area to talk with someone. This constant switching takes too many clicks.

I have an idea where you have favorites as tabs atop the app screen (arranged horizontally on the screen - similarly to tabs inside a Team) but for your whole account, where you can switch between the areas you pre-selected as favorites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Switch what I share without stopping sharing

I'd like to switch what I share without having to stop sharing. If I am sharing a powerpoint, then I want to share a picture, I have to stop sharing the powerpoint, then start sharing something else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Revert "Chat" and "Contacts" back to buttons/tabs from dropdown

The current dropdown design
    (1) does not really save any space
    (2) required extra clicks for same thing. very annoying if you switch back and forth between Chat and Contacts on the Contacts hub
    (3) Has hidden the existence of the non-Default option from users. I have colleagues that were unaware of the other option because it isn't visible,.

Can we just get the two horizontally presented "buttons"/"tabs" along top of the Chat hub like we previously had?

Much less friction and more discoverable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. UI on OSX. Switching between chats and contacts

Switching between contacts and chats is very frequent. On my iOS device it's one tap. On the OSX client I need to select my choice from a drop down. Which makes it a two click exercise.

Can the UI be adjusted to make it a one click choice. It's really annoying me :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Identify current Team by scrolling current team into view in teams list

When in the 'Teams' view, it's often very difficult to know which individual Team I'm viewing.
    This typically occurs when I've arrived at that team via an external link, such as from a notification of activity in an email.
    Knowing which Team you're looking at is essential to understanding the context of a conversation.
    I know it's possible to work out which team you're in by scrolling in the list of Teams and search for one that is (vaguely) highlighted, but this is a really awkward workflow, especially when the list of teams is long.
    We need something much more…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have the ability to shrink/ Hide UI elements to allow more utilization of screen area.

We need the abilty to shrink and/or adjust the size of the various panels -- I dont consistently neeed the left side bar, and if the app is running in a small window it uses valuable acreage, additionally, the potential to shrink/expand the chat title/ team list area would also help in small screen/ small window conditions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Focus text input

When you load teams, or alt tab into it, or click the desktop icon the default focus should be the text input. Every other messaging and chat app works this way. It's quite annoying to switch into the teams app and start typing only to realize you are not typing anything when it minimizes or does something else based on what key you hit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let people add accents to their names. "Jane" is not the same as "Jané".

Just make it possible for people to add accents to how their names appear on Teams. That would be such a respectful change for the community.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Don't let Ctrl-Arrow Wrap Around in a Text Field

When you're using the ctrl and arrow keys to jump through text, and you go all the way to the beginning of the text, and go one more left arrow key more, the cursor will jump from the first word in a post to the end. However, it won't let you go back in the other direction (i.e. from the last word back to the first). I often use ctrl-left arrow to jump quickly through the words in a message without removing my fingers from the keyboard to the mouse, but now if I go too far, I'm now stuck…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please stop shortening messages by cutting the last line of text in half, making it unreadable

Always show a full line, or nothing. You could "fade" the last line to provide a visual indicator that there's more there, but you're intentionally truncating it for readability, or some other visual indication like the "more" link, but cutting the last line of text in half is the worst of all worlds. It makes that line unreadable.

Ideally you would make it configurable for how many lines to show before truncating (or turn this off completely).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Combined audio video button functionality

My organization suggests turning on a user's camera when they are addressing a meeting. However, because the video and audio are 2 separate buttons, many people do not. It would be nice to have either a combined button or the option to tie the 2 buttons together so that clicking/tapping either the video button or the audio button turns both on/off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. All custom alias on pinned team channels to make it easier to tell multiple pinned "General" channels apart

I have 7 different "General" channels pinned from various teams, and the channel name "General" is what is given prime real estate on the pinned list, versus the team name, so I have 7 large "Generals" with small team names under them .This requires me to slow down and carefully read the small team names to make sure I'm opening the one I really think I am. It would be nice if there was some way to better distinguish pinned channels from each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Web browser like tabs for Teams app

I often open teams in multiple web browser tabs because I can not open multiple views simultaneously in Teams native app. This is necessary because quick switching between chat windows, planner views, and file listings is impossible when no tabs are available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I turn on the video in the Teams meeting on the iPhone, I can't set the image in the background, so I want you to be able to set it.

When I turn on the video in the Teams meeting on the iPhone, I can't set the image in the background, so I want you to be able to set it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better managed of saved messages

I just started reviewing my saved messages and once that number gets beyond 10, it is a bit unmanageable. I recommend a feature to add tags or further 3 or 4 word description to each. For example: I'd like to add a saved message: "Link to top 20 companies" so I can see at a glance what the saved entry is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to adgust speaker/camera/mic from video chat window

With mobile users moving around, different docs, cameras, etc... Other apps like Zoom make is so much easier to switch settings for peripherals by adding controls right in the video screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop bloody asking for feedback, that would be a damned improvement

Stop asking if I like the app. Stop asking if the call quality was good. If I dismiss a notice like that once it means I don’t want to bloody respond.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. zoom content not window

Please could we have intelligent zoom controls for content rather than the entire Teams application / window, for example within OneNote or chat windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New conversation, better display "more options"

Under the 'format' icon reside extra options that are not necessarily part of formatting text, but can be very useful to users creating a new conversation.

Posting in multiple channels, choosing New Conversation or Announcement, and determine who can reply are more + (plus) /advanced options, than text formatting options. This should be selectable in another way, as well, perhaps with an own ("+") icon too.

From the basic editor they now can only be selected from formatting icon. Because in general users not easily tick the option icons, they overlook the extra powerful options that may come in handy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 101 102
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base