Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Additional Streaming Layouts for Team Live Events

currently you can choose between two streaming layouts (e.g. full screen or screen beside cam).
    There would be so many cool other layout options to improve live events e.g.:
    - Two speaker side by side (split screen)
    - presentation on the left but two speaker on the right
    - 4 speaker on screen
    - large cam, small screen sharing content

Whatever the ideas are endless, but currently this is really limiting some streaming experience, for example if you have two speakers debating something I want to show both, but I can't.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When creating a Team site from the SharePoint Admin Console,stop linking the Group email address to the Team Site url to the O365 group name

When creating a Team site from the SharePoint Admin Console,stop linking the Group email address to the Team Site url to the O365 group name. For example Its possible to create a O365 group with dots "." in the name from the Exchange or from the Office Admin center, however from the SharePoint Admin console some nonsensical restrictions are applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Move the "new chat" button to a more intuitive place than above the chat window

The "new chat" button is placed at the top bar. The placement isn't intuitive enough to find it when wanting to start a chat with someone you haven't chatted with before. Move it to e.g. to of chat window to make it more accessible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Branding Feature

Currently, Teams displays org name on top right if user is part of more than one tenant. Ability to add a company logo on the top similar to Office 365 suite bar will make more distinctive. Also organizations also have guest users using Teams for collaboration. Having this one or two options for branding will certainly help in getting guest users/ customer confidence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I’m not sure what each Teams indicator means

I want some public article which describe what indicators in Teams mean.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Disable "Reply" in Conversations - all messages are a separate conversation

This is a requested optional setting to disable the "reply" to conversation in Conversations, i.e., constrain the UX via a setting, perhaps at creation of a new Channel, such that the Conversations tab does not allow replies to conversations, but that each message in the Conversations tab is new conversation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Put a link to the schedule that is easy and quick to access

Put a link to the schedule that is easy and quick to access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. background color ( example pale yellow ) for conversations that has not been sent

This should be screened by accessibility, but somehow change the back ground or add something visually significant on conversation text that has not yet been sent.

Too many time I have text sitting after I was done, waiting to be sent, and people waiting for my part of the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Trello connector notification blocks are too big!

When I added a Trello connector to my Teams channel, I see that the notifications take an unbelievably huge amount of screen real estate.

Each such notification takes up almost the entire chat screen!

It's not like I'm using a tiny screen resolution or something, see the screenshot attached, this is on a 1366x768 resolution desktop!

The UX design on this is simply terrible.
    Huge amount of empty space for something that could have been compacted into a simple text message of one or two lines.

Imagine when you have a very active Trello board and you can potentially get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. navigation on left rather than tabs

I would prefer to have all the navigation on the left instead of having the tabs within the channels that go across.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time

When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time. Right now - its one or the other. in Skype for Business meetings - that was not the case, we could see chat and participants in one view

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change "Invite this Room" text

We've usability tested Teams Rooms here, and overwhelmingly saw issues when participants attempted to follow the instructions on the "Invite this User" page.

The first step on that page is Outlook-focused, but the Outlook instructions only work reliably for meeting organizers. Our more common scenario is attendees in a secondary location attempting to add a room without being the organizer.

The steps listed for adding a room in Teams are far more reliable (and easier since our beacons are functional), but all participants went sequentially down the list and wasted 5+ minutes before getting to the Teams instructions.

Please either…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Expand theming functionality

Expand the theming capabilities.

Currently we can just use preset themes, and even then we're limited to only 3: light, dark, dark high-contrast.

One of my personal pet peeves why I'm leaning towards Slack over Teams is because Slack has a plethora of themes + enables me to create my own custom color scheme to fit my liking. Through the same functionality Slack also helps any visually impaired user to adjust their view to fit their needs while Teams disregards this completely by only allowing use of preset themes that cannot be modified (on top of being limited only to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Scrolling back through messages is difficult - it's not easy to see when the messages you're viewing were from

At the moment, the day marker, e.g."yesterday" title is quite small, and so when I'm trying to scroll through multiple messages to find things from a specific day it's quite difficult. It'd be great to have something that pops up and tells you which day's messages you're looking at, or just something that makes it more obvious (especially when you're scrolling quite quickly)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it obvious when I've already liked a Post

I should be able to easily tell that I've already liked/reacted to a post. Right now, I'm just as likely to unlike something as like it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a 'x' option next to the chat of a particular person.So that once we are finished with the chat I can close the conversation.

Provide a 'x' option for a particular chat so that we can close the conversation once done. It can be provided next to the name of the person where we have options like hide etc, a close also would help.
    Or a 'X' option in the chat window. A huge list of people in the chat list is irritating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move filename to side

When I open a PowerPoint file to work collaboratively with other Teams users, a thick, red, horizontal bar spans the entire screen without providing much useful information -- just "PowerPoint", the name of the file, "Simplified Ribbon", and my user name. It would be great if this bar could be a vertical bar on the side so it would not take up so much precious vertical real estate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Copying or moving of Folder or Folders from One Channel to Another Channel

Due to lack of the above capabilities, we have to create the manual structure for four channels that I have created. Each of the four channels are having similar content, as they have similar goals.

I am surprised that this taken for granted feature in any NAS or File management structure is lacking in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.