Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to copy the breadcrumb path to a folder in a text format (NOT the link) using ctrl-C or with a button click

Allow users to copy the breadcrumb path to a folder in a text format (NOT the link) using ctrl-C or with a button click. Sending links to folders doesn't always work great because of end user machine config, clipboard malfunctions, etc. The text path is already shown at the top of the window using > to denote subfolders, it just can't currently be selected/copied

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shared screen in seperate window

Hi,

Shared screens are often too small, which can marginally improve by selecting full screen. However popping out a shared screen on a seperate window can improve visibility, while being able to use my second screen for the camera view improves contact with an audience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Move meeting chats out of Recent and into their own section.

Currently in the chat window there are only two sections, pinned and recent. The recent section has become filled with leftover meeting chats which makes it difficult to find recent people to chat with. A better solution would be to have meeting chats appear in their own section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Update the Microsoft Teams Icon to be consistant with all the Microsoft 365 icons

Can you update the Microsoft Teams icon with the white rounded square around it, to be consistant with all the other Microsoft 365 apps ?
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Open meeting window in a different screen than main Teams app

I have 3 screens in Windows. Teams is open in Screen 1. I would like the meetings to open by default in Screen 2, so that the meeting window is not covering the Teams application. Currently I need to move the meeting window each time from Screen 1 to Screen 2. How can I achieve that by default

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. DISPLAY THE FIRST NAME ALONG WITH DP WHEN SPEAKING,if no DP,display first name instead of initials BG,JB,MG

In the new UI UPDATE(not a big fan) while entering focus mode during screen share by others we see a box a really unnecessary box with our DP in it on the bottom right corner.First of all WHY?whats the use of it?it just obstructs the display of the screen shared.i want to see the screen shared and not my dp.If you still want to keep the box there better make it a box with the DP along with the persons first name whoever is speaking.If the User has no DISPLAY PICTURE in his profile,during calls instead of showing the initals…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Setting for "multi monitor" with separate configuration from single

When you are docked to dual (or more) monitors some settings should be configurable different than when the same client is running on just the single laptop screen. Effectively I would like to easily switch between these modes, or even that the windows Teams client detects the presence of additional monitors and sets the setting for me.

This can be used together with other feature requests like floating gallery or chats or being able to detach the presentation only to put on a separate screen.

I would like this mode to allow the meeting window to NOT minimize when I…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the collapsing of conversations a user option (on=behavior as now, off=never collapse)

Says it it the title

What is especially annoying is the double collapsing -- if I expand a long conversation, there's a "See more" that I have to click to see everything. This is super-annoying, esp. coming from slack.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make search bar smaller so I can actually move the window

Search bar is far too large making it hard to move your teams application window. make it smaller so there is somewhere to grab and move the application instead of hunting for the 5px tiny space you leave us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why the big window always taking up much of the screen

Why is the chat part of the window filling up "the rest of the screen" when the only thing you want to see is the status for your contacts?
    The Teams window is always in the way for other windows, so you have in minimized instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reduce/shrink width of popped out chat window

Allow for further size adjustment of popped out chat window, mainly for the width of the window. The minimum window width needs to be decreased.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams Channels : Improved UX/Design

The current design for 'channels' in teams is very cumbersome, which is why despite the best of our efforts, whenever there is a group that needs to be created, staff members are far more comfortable creating and using WhatsApp groups which they find far more convenient. I realise that writing to multiple persons in a chat also creates a 'group' but it lacks the kind of controls a channel has.
    Channels has a very complicated UI and hierarchy, if it can be simplified to mirror a Whatsapp group, it would drastically improve adoption ; each message in a group shouldn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default Font Typography Should Distinguish Capital "I" From Lowercase "L"

Users are confused by the current font in Teams. An uppercased "I" looks like a lowercase "L". Please change the font to prevent this confusion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams automatically highlights the sender's name and sent date

Any time I highlight an entire message from somebody in Teams, Teams unhelpfully highlights the name of the sender and the date sent as well.

I just copy/pasted a URL somebody sent me and pasted into some Javascript. That Javascript ended up with a bunch of extra text I obviously didn't want. It's easy enough to fix when I notice it, but this kind of thing happens regularly and it's a nuisance.

Obviously, if I wanted to paste the name of the sender, I would have selected it. If I didn't select the name of the sender, I obviously didn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unmute via voice "Hey Teams - Unmute me"

Teams currently detects when your microphone has input and warns you that you are on mute. A nice feature would be to extend that to detect phrases such as "Hey Teams - Unmute me"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Chat notifications should not cover the Leave button

At the end of a meeting, multiple people are sending chat messages like "Thanks" or "Goodbye". The notifications in the macOS client cover the Leave button. This makes the Leave button unreachable until all chat notifications have disappeared. Move the chat notifications below the bar with the Leave button.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the Mini-Popout Optional

The popout video that you get when you leave the teams window can be useful, but it can also be really distracting, and can interfere with access to other windows (either by interfering with switching windows, or by covering elements of the screen). For a while, this feature was optional using the "disable new meeting experience" checkbox, but that's been removed. It'd be really helpful if this feature was opt-out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Breakout room entry/exit-transition is very abrupt

When entering and leaving Breakout rooms, it feels as a user that the transition is very abrupt - the notifications "In 10 secs you will be .." are fine, but a countdown timer would be better ... additionally a "fade in/fade out" feature would be less jarring to the user.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Merge new conversations into existing ones

Allow users and moderators to merge a new conversation into an existing one.

For example HR posts a new conversation about procedures for sick leave. A user wanted to ask a question about it but they start a new conversation. Now they would have to delete it and ask in the right place.

Instead user should be able to select merge and then what original conversation to merge it to. Moderators should also be able to do this.

Teams becomes a mess really quickly because users do this all the time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 121 122
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base