Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Possibility to disable emoji, like buttons, and other facebook stuff in working enviroment

I using teams in working enviroment, it has lots of user not friendly features, but why I need "like button", "emoji", "emoji in emoji", and other stuff from facebook? I want to simple user friendly tool, to interact with my team about working stuff, not facebook2 for sending pictures of kittens. Please make option to disable interface for emoji, gifs, like buttons, and other "just copied facebook stuff".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. like skype

If Skype for Business is going away and being replaced with Teams, can we at least have the option of installing a stripped down version of Teams? Not everyone that used Skype for Business needs or wants all of the other bloat that is with Teams, (Apps, Files, Teams, Channels, etc, etc, etc). Just a simple Chat/Messaging Client is all some need or want. Currently, Microsoft Teams is a huge window that clutters the screen while Skype for Business allows for resizing to a small window that automatically lists all contacts with their availability status. Teams requires too much "hunt-n-peck"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notification Popup Details Issue

Notification details are not displaying properly in a notification popup box on desktop application.
    It displays > as &gt and < as &lt.

By default, the notification must be on for groups on Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notification Popup Details Issue

Notification details are not displaying properly in a notification popup box on desktop application.
    It displays > as &gt and < as &lt.

By default, the notification must be on for groups on Team.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need to simplify the user interface .. It is very confusing.. It is very confusing also how the different apps interact.. You can get dizzy

Use plain English...Case in point - even entering this idea I had to scroll through a drop down menu that was full of technical terms. No where did I see User Interface.. Simple keep it simple...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make Multiple Teams Easier

Really needs to work more like slack for viewing "channels" and for switching between teams. Right now its way to clunky to see when you have messages in another team. You have to use the IOS app to even be a part of more than one org - so thats strike one and even on the IOS app its leaves a LOT in terms of UX here. Make it easy to see the channels, and easy to switch org teams with some indicators that you have updates in a given org.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can show chat and people in the same time

You can implement a trainer mode that allows trainers to show chat and people list at the same time to take control of the interaction between students and trainer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use Native Desktop

On the Linux version, you need to give us the option to use the native title bars on the open window. When I double click the title bar on my other Linux apps, they are set to roll up into the title bar, gives me a quick way to get them out of the way. On Teams, it overrides this and maximizes the window.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add multiple users to a group at once and allow adding users during group creation

When adding a contact to a group in the "Chat"-tab, I can only add one user at a time and have to press "Add a contact to this group" for each new user. Just let me add multiple at once in the "Add to contacts" pop-up!

The same goes for group creation: Let me search and add as many contacts as I want in the same pop-up.

Finally, automatically shift focus to the input seach field of the pop-up, so I don't have to click inside the search field before I can be searching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please position the "Add channel" item on the top of the Teams meeting creation screen

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams 会議の作成画面の "チャネルの追加" 項目を上部に置いてほしい
    Please position the "Add channel" item on the top of the Teams meeting creation screen

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft ​Teams の予定表から Teams 会議を作成する画面で、"チャネルの追加" 項目を "必須出席者を追加" 項目と並べて表示してほしい。
    特定のユーザーのみの Teams 会議を作成する際に、"必須出席者を追加" 項目と "チャネルの追加" 項目が離れた箇所にあるため、それぞれ必ず入力が必要な項目と勘違いし、"チャネルの追加" にチャネルを登録してしまい、誤ってチャネル会議を作成し、チーム メンバー全員に会議の招待メールが送られてしまったことがある。
    "チャネルの追加" 項目が "必須出席者を追加" 項目の近くにあれば、チャネル会議なのか、ユーザー間の会議なのかわかりやすくなり、誤った設定をすることが防げるようになる。
    また、"チャネルの追加" 項目の下に補足説明として、チャネルを追加することで、チーム メンバー全員が会議に参加可能となるという注意書きがあれば、ユーザーが誤った認識をせずに会議を作成できる。

以上のことから、Microsoft Teams の予定表から Teams 会議を作成する画面にて "チャネルの追加" 項目を "必須出席者を追加" 項目と並べて表示し、補足説明を記載することを要望します。

We hope that the "Add channel" item will be displayed alongside the "Add required attendees" item on the screen for creating a Teams meeting from the Microsoft Teams calendar.
    When creating a Teams meeting for specific users only, the "Add required attendees" and "Add…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to adjust chat box margins (wider).

When I expand Teams, the chat only gets wider to a certain extent, then just increases the margins. Why would it not continue to expand the chat?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Here's a suggestion: Add a SETTINGS button! Where the heck do you even access the settings?

Here's a suggestion: Add a SETTINGS button! Where the heck do you even access the settings?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Take a snapshot when you are in a video call

Take a snapshot when you are in a video call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Virtual backgrounds - just like Zoom

allow the user to add a virtual background of their choice, just like you can in zoom

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Do not Disturb icon is somewhat simillar to busy ; needs a change

The icons for Busy and Do not Disturb are so similar sometimes I feel they need a different color.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Drop the < > thing and give us a REAL tabbed interface

Even Internet Explorer was better designed: at least you could SEE all your open tabs at the same time.

In Teams however, we've gone back to the Stone Age with just a clunky < and >.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add a list of all members and their status

It would be very useful to have a full list of all members of the company/team at a glance with their statuses (like in the old msn days!)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please implement a feature to show group members in a list, and choose members from there to start chatting

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    グループ内のメンバーを一覧表示し、その中からメンバーを選択して通話を開始する機能の実装希望
    Please implement a feature to show group members in a list, and choose members from there to start chatting

■Description(内容):
    Skype で使えていた機能が使えないため不便を感じています。
    管理者が用意したグループの一覧を用いて、各ユーザーがグループ内のユーザーを選択してグループ通話を開始する機能の実装を希望します。​
    We feel very inconvenienced as the features we used in Skype cannot be used.
    We hope that a feature can be implemented to use group lists that the administrator has prepared, and let users choose the group users from there to begin group chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Easier way to see who is in each Teams/Channel

Currently to see who is in the team, it takes 3 clicks: 1. navigate to the teams 2. Manage Teams 3. Ungroup the members to see them. Can it be a single click solution for each channel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clear the activity feed

The activity feed - once I've seen what's I've missed, what posts have occured, I want to clear it. Next time I view it, then only new AND relevant stuff that I have not dealt with will be there.

I cannot believe this is not possible right now - please implement as soon as possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 70 71
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base