Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make channel view the default

It seems subtle but this is a fundamental shift in focus for a highly-collaborative department like ours.It keeps our department on Slack even though our corporate environment keeps pushing us to Teams

Everyone in our 50-engineer department watches the department general channel and their own special-interest channels throughout the day. Private communication is only done when necessary. Teams, despite its name, focuses on private conversations/threads as the default view of communication.

It should be at least a setting wherein I can choose to see channels by default whenever I open teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable search in drop downs

Currently, users have to scroll through the entire drop down as they can't shrink the drop down based on their input.

Enabling search within a drop down will help users finding and selecting their drop down choice- much quicker!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. chat left/right alignment--or at least compact width

There is a lot of chatter about how much people hate the left/right alignment of the chat messages. I don't mind that so much, but at the very least, you should be able to resize the window and have the spacing between the left and right columns shrink accordingly. The current layout takes up too much screen real estate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Classify groups as inactive groups

I should be able to categorize in-active groups/chats unless someone on the group send messages to anyone.

In-active groups should not be present alongside active groups. There should be a section where all in-active groups are present togeather.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. With no menu bar its difficult to locate things. Pls add a menu bar to Microsoft teams.

Menubar is required in Teams. I have struggled multiple times to find out settings icon for changing the view of the screen etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make conversations chronology more intuitive

Conversation history within individual teams is ordered chronologically from bottom up.
    On mobile it makes considerably more sense to show new posts/conversations at the top on mobile.
    This makes sense as it is on desktop, but should be changed on mobile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Zoom settings are not reflected in another window

Settings > Application > "Turn on new meeting experience"

After that, when I restart the app, the meeting screen opens in a separate window, but that screen does not reflect the zoom settings.

I hope that this matter can be resolved soon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow the speaker/host to be displayed (video) while sharing the screen.

Zoom allows the speaker to be displayed while screen sharing his/her screen. Want to have the ability to resize the shared screen AND the speaker's video window. It's important for American Sign Language signers. Once screen-shared, the speaker just collapsed into audio version/window. There should be an elegant way to preserve the speaker's video window and shared screen window at the same Teams interface window.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let users move/hide the Toolbar - it is constantly blocking presentations and is extremely annoying.

I am sick and tired of the Teams toolbar constantly popping up whenever i move the mouse, blocking the presentation i'm trying to watch. Users should be able to move the toolbar so it doesn't block the screen or turn off the auto on/off so it is hidden ir docked out of the way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Download progress for files

Adding progress bar to know file download progress in case of big files or to know file is downloaded or not would add great experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When using the ampersand have some mechanism to just have the person first name displayed

When using the ampersand have some mechanism to just have the person first name displayed

currently I get something like "@Culshaw Steve (AD)" but it'd be nicer if it was "@Steve"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change in th position of controls in ribbon while in a meeting if somebody stopped sharing

Change in the position of controls in ribbon while in a meeting if somebody stopped sharing.
    In this if somebody clicks on participants button suddenly close meeting button is clicked as request control button disappears after .
    Pls. make the controls constant in their location to prevent accidental click or some change in UI may work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Show this person activity" button in the hover-on card

It would be nice if I could get to person's activity simply by clicking a button in the window, that shows up when I hover over their avatar image.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clicking on +N (number of participants to the call) should open the People list.

While in call, clicking on +N (number of participants to the call) should open the People list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. UserVoice is the worst possible way of poling customer priorities

People miss a feature (Teams misses a lot of features coming from Skype) and don't bother investing in UserVoice. So post new issues which aren't moderated at all, searching here. So they get scattered to the wind, which makes Teams "improvements" seem to like stand still. Continuous development is an empty term since you won't be adressing anything that concerns the end user, making Teams look like a lame option in the growing forest of collaborating tools.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Its so hard to switch between windows in teams

navigating to desired meeting window is very tough in teams mac. Muting unnmuting takes several operations
    1. Find the meeting window in mac
    2. Move Focus to that meeting window
    3. Click on meeting window
    4 find mute button
    5 .un mute.

Finding an active meeting window is not easy too. I wish you improve the user experience. It's quite bad after you changed the layout recently, where each meeting opens in a standalone window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Leave a team from Activity section

If I see a message in the Activity screen that is a message sent to members of a Team, it is a helpful reminder of teams I no longer wish to be a part of. However, there's no easy way to leave that Team directly from the Activity section (that I've found). I'd prefer to be able to do that, instead of going into the Teams section to leave the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Always on Top for Meetings

Currently running 1.3.0.21759
    Meetings open in a new window (this is great)
    I would like the ability to flag (either after the meeting is opened or as a global setting) to force the meeting window to stay on top of other windows - regardless of focus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Resolve ambiguous use of ellipsis (...)

There are two uses of ellipses (...) One to truncate text (which is itself problematic) and another to serve as a button for additional options. This ambiguity of meaning is confusing, especially when the two forms of ellipses are adjacent to each other (e.g. When you have a long name for a team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 93 94
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base