Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Current UI provides a poor experience

This app needs to have a setup menu to allow changing the font used. The current UI is very poor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search with in a team/channel

Searching for something in teams could be better. When I am in a particular team/channel and want to search for something with the team it is so complicated to do it by selecting so many filters and type the subject again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow to “pinpoint” a video. Zoom has it. It’s very useful.

Allow to “pinpoint” a video. Zoom has it. It’s very useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Alternative dark mode together UI / skin.

Could its aesthetics be inspired from Seele meeting from Neo Genesis. My proposal as it could serve as a default avatar until webcam feed is enable. Amber text on dark theme would be easier on the eyes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. True Dark Theme

Dark theme looks so bad. Please make it true dark, for it to have some use in oled screens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Could you please provide a direct button (near maximise button) to toggle between Full Screen and Normal Window?

Could you please provide a direct button (near maximise button) to toggle between Full Screen and Normal Window?

You can see the Profile button beside the minimize button. You can provide one toggle button to toggle between Fullscreen and windowed View.

Also, while sharing screen, there is a window on bottom right corner. You can auto minimise it or u can give an option in setting to select if the user want it auto-minimized or not while sharing screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show the current chat when clicking "Chat"

I'm in a team call, and someone posts a link into chat and says "Click the link I just posted in Chat." So I click Chat on the left and don't see what this person is talking about. Turns out, there's a different chat link for the current one, as it doesn't show up in All Chats (or whatever it's called).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Different representation for on call vs busy

As a user I would like to visually recognize if a person is busy or in a call before I can ping.

Currently a red dot is shown while people are either busy OR on call. There is not visual distinction between on call vs busy. This means a lot of people can potentially disturb when you are on a call. You can go in a DND, but that does not happen automatically and DND is for different purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show NEXT MEETING in header instead of most recent.

Currently when you open the desktop app around the start time of a meeting you will see Chat and a CTA to "Join" the PREVIOUS meeting.

Please update this to anticipate the NEXT meeting (or current meeting).

This could be applied across all modules for a "one-click" experience to your next meeting.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. move self view at all times to the top of the screen, and all video view to top when sharing content

When content is shared, move the video view to the top of the screen so that when we look at people, they see our faces, not our downward gaze. Most web cams are the top center of a monitor - silly that default views don't encourage that when looking at others, including oneself. I'd like to be able to put the view of myself at the top center of the screen so when I'm (vainly) looking at myself, people have the experience of me looking at them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve layouts while screen sharing.

While calling and presenting the screen and other is viewing the screen enable the option to move the options bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Be able to only listen to the Presenter as an Attendee (for Online Classes)

Being an attendee, in online classes other attendees usually cause a lot of ruckus that I don't want to hear. Please make an option which allows me to only be able to listen to the Presenter/Meeting Organizer. This wold help a lot to concentrate on my class without disturbance. An alternative to this would be to able to personally mute others while others are able to hear the person muted by me.

This would a great help, thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. keyboard shortcut to open shortcuts menu should also close it

command . opens the menu, but I have to hit escape to close it? Most other programs I use have this command as a toggle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Clicking Channel Notification Badge should Take User to Notification

I encountered this when I had a channel notification icon that would not go away. Clicking the notification icon (1) should take the user to whatever mention or comment is creating that notification and mark as read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Usability issue while sharing Desktop screen

While sharing the desktop over a teams call, the red border overlaps visual cue (in Win 10) that indicates if an App is running.

Two screenshots are present in the attached image
    1) Shows Apps that are Pinned to TaskBar

2) Shows how the running apps and Pinned apps all look the same because of the red border, making it hard to switch between running apps during a screen sharing session, as most of the time it is guess work as to which one to use.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please don't move the of chat button after click it. It can be accidentally click on Request Control button

Please don't move the of chat button after click it. It can be accidentally click on Request Control button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow Teams messages to be in newest at the top

allow Teams messages to be in newest at the top

there are many such requests -- can the owner provide some AI to group one's addressing the same problem?? The count then would be cumulative and more important

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why is there a volume slider for a live event but not for a regular conference call?

Why isn't there a volume slider at the bottom of a conference call, just like there is for a live event. Why don't we have this option?

The volume on my computer is set to the level I would listen to a song I like, not to the level I would normally listen to an audio voice. As such, I use the volume slider in apps to raise/lower the volume as needed.

I don't understand why this feature isn't present in an easy-to-access way for Teams conference calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Either get rid of, Or when I close it the first time, The user status message at the top of the reply box

It is distracting and takes up valuable screen real estate. I mean, You all did put an X in the upper right hand corner so we could close. But then as soon as the chat updates, it pops up again. Why bother allowing me to close it if it is just going to show right back up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to have

I'd like to have a Muppets Skin. See the file attached.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 85 86
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base