Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View bookmark for Saved messages

I appreciate the new Reactions for messages. However, I also rely very heavily on Saving messages. Since adding the new Reactions, the bookmark for saved messages is no longer visible on the message without opening the context menu -- this is very inconvenient. Please display the bookmark again on the message! Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reply button is too small

The conversation should have a Reply textbox instead of the small "Reply" button. Intuitively, the user tends to initiate a new topic rather than responding to an existing conversation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want you to always display the "Like" button in the upper right of the message

This feature is welcomed as you can use responses other than "Like".
    However, when I try to do the standard "Like" as usual, I feel the trouble of mouse over every time.
    As usual, I want you to always have a standard "Like" button in the upper right of the message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New message reactions

The new message reactions are much appreciated. However a few things I noticed. The thumbs up has moved to the far left of the selection popup. Since this is the most common reaction it requires extra mouse movement to give a thumbs up. Please move Thumbs up to the far right of the pop up. Next the yellow thumb is weak. It looks more like a finger print scanner is being used than giving a thumbs up. Lastly my opinion is the thumbs up should remain blue like the original thumbs up to keep things familiar. It also makes the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Probably it's a Skype for Business hangover

Probably it's a Skype for Business hangover, but Teams is not as efficient and easy to use as Skype.

I have been using skype for long, and recently moved to Teams, it is bit uncomfortable.
    There are many good Points in Skype I miss here:
    1. Visuals: Well Skype is a apllication which occupies smaller area of the screen while chatting making it more handy tool while performing the actual work. Where as Teams occupies the whole screen. Yes it can be restored to but then I cannot detach it from main window like a messenger should do.

2. Cannot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop reaction emoji choice from showing when hovering over message

We're super happy that we finally can have more than just the "thumbs up" reaction. That came out of nowhere today!

Saying that, please, please, please immediately/ASAP change, so that reaction choices don't pop-up when hovering over a message. I do like Teams and am a big advocate for it in the office, but sorry, that one's terrible and super distracting! The choice only should come up when either clicking on or hovering over the "reaction button". Thanks in advance.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You have GOT to figure out a way to make the size of the teams window smaller. Teams takes up WAY too much space on my desktop!

REDUCE THE SCREEN SIZE. Your window is huge! I takes up 1/3 of my desktop screen..... Allow us to reduce it to a contact list and expand when we have a chat or even give a chat popup. But the screen size is WAY too big

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please do not put the DELETE option directly below the DOWNLOAD option for a file.

When you click on the ellipsis next to a file, there is a menu of options displayed to the user. One of these is DOWNLOAD, and the one directly below it is DELETE. For doing nearly the exact opposite of the intended goal for a user, I don't think they should be right next to each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it easier to move the main window

I use Teams a lot and mostly love it. But as it gets ever more feature-rich and the application bar itself is consumed with new features, it also becomes annoyingly difficult to just move the window around on the desktop.

In the current design, the window title bar includes forward/back buttons, chart start button, search field, tenant-selector drop down, user icon/menu, minimize, maximize, close.

Where do I point the mouse to just MOVE the window? Well, it's possible still, but the number of pixels left without UI elements is almost gone. So moving the window has now become a non-intuitive…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Favorites Bar

I think it would be really helpful if you could pin 'favorite' items in Teams to the left hand menu bar. For example, you can 'pin' chat messages, meetings, teams folders, etc.

Being able to pin a folder would be extremely helpful instead of having to dig deep into the folders every time you want to access a file would be very helpful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Divider in recent chats for meetings and conversations

There should be a dividing line between chats from meetings and regular chats between people you know. It makes absolutely no sense to have to sort through your recent chats to find conversation that occurred during a meeting. Add a simple divider, please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Group Sorting

It would be great to be able to sort Groups without having to precede group name with a-, b-, c-...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the new icons consistent with the rest of office!

Hey Teams team,

you know the love for your product is undying, but can you do us pedantic bunch a favour and make the icon a consistent size with the rest of Office? See the attached (look at the T compared with the other Office icons).

Same applies for the Android app too.

Cheers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unify the Microsoft Communication Infrastructre

Do I use Teams to communicate or do I use Outlook? If I split my communication between Outlook and Teams, how do I search for information from a single interface? The separate communication infrastructure is a mess.

With Skype, Skype sessions used to appear in outlook as “Conversations.” Using Outlook, I could search for communication threads through mailboxes and folders as well as Converstions. Loved it!

With Teams there is no interoperability and the communication threads are separated. I have to search through two separate messaging systems to find information.

Terrible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PowerPoint Files in Teams are not rendering properly

PowerPoint Files in Teams are not rendering properly at times. Sometimes certain graphics/text/boxes do not display in the Teams preview and user needs to Edit in PowerPoint to view all the file without the exclusions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The UI is unusable

The window is inflexibly massive. The side panels look klunky and consume huge amounts of space when expanded, which can't be changed. The "content" area is similarly inflexibly laid out with added panels on some things that render the entire thing unusable without making the window even more gargantuan than it already is. If I want something to waste and entire monitor on this may be usable. I don't. Every single thing about the interface is clearly designed for someone who uses their computer like it's a phone. Stop cramming phone metrics down everyone's throat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. kill it with fire

let us choose... it's useless. nobody knows how it works. and where the %&/¤ is one window per chat????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Recent downloads page

I would like to have a "Downloads" page similar to common browsers. I am not aware of where my Downloads end up after it have been downloaded, there is no easy list of the recent downloads from teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Join Teams Meeting" page should have "Use Teams" and "Use Web" as the buttons, with a download link underneath

Change the three click options so that the two buttons are "Join on the App" and "Join on the Web" with a download link underneath.

It is currently "Download" and "Join on the web" with the "Join using Teams" as a link underneath. This doesn't seem consistent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base