Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer options on changing the appearance and colors of the whole interface

Why aren't there settings that allow you to change the overall appearance of the interface (like a skin). The purple look is so nasty. Preferred the cleaner appearance of Skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Different View Options in Files Tab

I would like to see the ability of changing the view while in the "Files" tab, similar to the way you would change it in Windows Explorer (XL Icons, L Icons, M Icons, Details, List, etc.).

As Interior Designers, we constantly save lots of pictures for our projects, not being able to preview them in the file list makes it nearly impossible to efficiently find them in a timely manner, especially when browsing files named very similarly, as in the case of photos taken with modern smartphones.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sticky (master) header footer (for Team site)

Introduce a master header / footer feature in SharePoint Online that allows a single master web object that can be linked to different pages.

That way, you edit a single instance of a header, footer or other web object that can be used on multiple pages without having to create a unique web object for each page.

Even .aspx files has this feature.

This would be a great enhancement for anyone that is familiar with website building.

Edit: This already exists for a Communication site. It would great to have this on a Team site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix these missing features and bugs, and Teams will be tolerable

1. Allow users to hide any UI element, especially the completely redundant "Activity" feed but also Calls, Meetings, etc. If it's not relevant to a user's work, they shouldn't have to see it.

2. Get rid of mandatory "General" channel. This should be a toggle, with default "off." Let teams create their own channel selection as their usage needs dictate.

3. Channel topics need to exist. Channel topics have been a thing since IRC was invented, and literally every chat system since has had them. Why? Because they're useful. So add them.

4. Add /me actions. IRC has it, Slack…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Consistency in "Open in" option order

When opening a document from a files page by click the there dots (...), it lists Edit In Teams, Open in Browser, Open in Desktop App.

If document is opened in teams ("Edit in Teams") and you select the "Edit" option. The list is Edit In Teams, Open in Desktop App, Open in Browser.

Suggestion: Make the order of these two match.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Refresh Button on empty folder tab

I would like a refresh button on a folder which is empty. The refresh button only appears once files have been added to a folder. If you are waiting on a colleague to upload a file, you have to navigate away from the folder and back again to check whether it has been added.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pop Call controls out into seperate window and keep on top of other apps

Ability to 1) Pop the dial pad and in call controls out as a sperate window and 2) keep this window on top of all other apps.

Using skype in contact centre environments and need to improve the user experience for those handling high call volumes and needing to switch been windows \ apps whilst having quick access to the call controls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mobile App Meeting view is not very useful (4 rectangles with no feature)

Mobile App Meeting view is not very useful (4 rectangles with no feature)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Different access for channels in one Team

Do you have plans to give us a possibility for giving different access to channels in one Team?

I mean very often we work in one team on a couple of projects or problems. For now, if a team is created and someone has access to this, has also access to all channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Filtering Teams

It's really hard to work with Team with many of Teams inside the app. Could you add some Filtering option and possibilities for making categories???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Participants Showing

When the Participants column is selected on the far right side of the screen, could you stop using up screen space showing their camera squares at the bottom or top as well unless those shown are using the camera.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add emoji icons also for pop ups

It's nice that we have different emojis in the team chat. Would also be possible to add these emojis to the pop ups for easy communicating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don’t show the current sign-in account automatically in the Teams desktop app

I would like to hide or change the sign-in account currently shown in the credential prompt when signing in to the Teams desktop app, because by default, the Windows credential will be shown automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Increase visual distinction of a message that hasn't been sent (in edit mode)

It takes too much effort to quickly distinguish a posted message from a message you're creating. Especially when you're jumping from channel to channel. It would be nice to be able to tell the difference at a glance. the containers are too similar in look. The purple indicate is not enough to know that its active.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I hate Teams.

I have five Teams accounts from separate companies. I'm always logged in to the wrong account, so I never get the messages people send me. And I can't join meetings without switching accounts because I don't want each company to know about the other ones (client confidentiality). So basically, I avoid using Teams as much as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please update the UI to something modern and get rid of the whitespace.

The UI as it is now leaves a ton of white space on both sides on larger screens. It's a simple fix and not an issue with any other similar application. Slack, Rocket.Chat, Mattermost, Gitter, Discord all have modern UIs. Why is the most simple of adjustments being ignored by Teams developers? I feel like it's being done on purpose though I can't fathom what possible purpose that could be.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Be able to move folders to other channels or even other teams.

Currently you can only move individual files to other locations in that team. It would make the experience more efficient if folders could be moved. Not just to other locations in the team, but to other teams entirely. This would make the process of dividing teams into smaller units easier when moving files to their appropriate location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. send conversation histories to outlook automatically even when im logged into teams on my desktop or mobile

send conversation histories to outlook automatically even when im logged into teams on my desktop or mobile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Further Customization

The app should have more customization in regards to themes, colors and team icons.

If this happens, each company/organization can make the app "their own."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.