Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How do does Classification in Call Quality Dashboard calculate Good, Unsatisfied, Poor values?

I believe Poor value is calculated by Poor streams/ (Poor streams+ Good streams) * 100, but the value is sometimes not relevant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to switch between teams/organizations/logins

I have one login for work, and one login for personal use (hotmail/outlook) which is split between two different organizations. I get having to log out and then log back in again to switch between accounts (for work/personal use), but it should really be more seamless for me to switch between organizations on my personal account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Implement OS-specific design elements

Right now Teams is pretty flat. I would love to see some of the OS-specific design elements be implemented into the app to spice it up. Utilize the fluent design structures on Windows. On macOS, add transparency and more rounded edges.

The upcoming Outlook redesign looks beautiful on macOS. It would be awesome if Teams looked just as good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Get rid of this large void of nothing, it's valuable real estate!

Get rid of this large void of nothing, it's valuable real estate! It's distracting when clicking in the chat window can minimize it or cause it to appear for like, no reason. It's pointless and can be MUCH better utilized as more chat real estate!!! This is HUGE!

See attached

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Too many clicks - A click saved is a penny earned

I think teams works great in the technical way and if the user had to do less clicks to e.g. call Someone it would be even better. This could be done by e.g. a customizable surface, where one can mix all frequently used features. Or if I click on a name I could in every case immediately see the option to call the person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Implement a Chat side-pane

Each time a chat message is received, you must switch back to the chat app to see the message, thus leaving the work that you are currently doing. Please implement a side-pane to view messages without leaving the current app you are working in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Chat Box Notifications Appearing at the Top - Not the Bottom

In class, our teachers ask for group input using the chatbox but if you're not one of the first people to make a comment - the chatbox gets hidden by stacking chat notifications within the first few seconds - preventing me from writing in the box. It may be a better idea to either put them at the top by default or give the option of where you'd like the notifications to appear - left, right, top or bottom.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multiyear class teams

Rather than having classes expire and be archived it should be possible to have classes continue with their team synchronising etc over multiple years.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make the color theme of Microsoft Teams customizable!

Giving the user the ability to customize the color themes and backgrounds of their Microsoft Teams app!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. To do option

There should be a To do option that shows you the assignment that you did'nt hand in ,it is difficult to go through all subjects to check one by one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Turn off features like Feed

Give us the ability to turn off features we don't use and/or find distracting (it's not enough to tweak whether notifications show). I'd like to turn off/hide Feed: I get the same but contextual information on the Teams tab, and so Feed is just annoying as well as redundant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Needs a bit of aligning to the Speaker and Microphone icons

Needs a bit of aligning to the Speaker and Microphone icons. It's better to have some padding from both left and right sides. Now it looks the icons are touched to the edge of the sidebar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The clock for sign in & shifts & out is stupid. Whoever designed it has no sense if ux/ui. In escence therea a stop & go on screen at same.

The clock for sign in & shifts & out is stupid. Whoever designed it has no sense if ux/ui. In escence therea a stop & go on screen at same. A simple stoplight makes more sense w gren on clock. Yellow break. Red end shift. Whoever designed that ahould be reassigned to ux/ui class 101.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Filter chats button in mobile

When you are in mobile you don't have the option in Chat to filter as you do in desktop for unread, group, etc. Useful when you have a lot of chats.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change in UI design on Desktop app.

I like Teams a lot. I want to request for a change in UX design such as meeting scheduled and the announcement should have a new unique look. The files, activity and teams icon are there on the bar, I would love if they get modified and new icons for Files, Activity, Teams etc. Please make these changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make channel view the default

It seems subtle but this is a fundamental shift in focus for a highly-collaborative department like ours.It keeps our department on Slack even though our corporate environment keeps pushing us to Teams

Everyone in our 50-engineer department watches the department general channel and their own special-interest channels throughout the day. Private communication is only done when necessary. Teams, despite its name, focuses on private conversations/threads as the default view of communication.

It should be at least a setting wherein I can choose to see channels by default whenever I open teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable search in drop downs

Currently, users have to scroll through the entire drop down as they can't shrink the drop down based on their input.

Enabling search within a drop down will help users finding and selecting their drop down choice- much quicker!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. chat left/right alignment--or at least compact width

There is a lot of chatter about how much people hate the left/right alignment of the chat messages. I don't mind that so much, but at the very least, you should be able to resize the window and have the spacing between the left and right columns shrink accordingly. The current layout takes up too much screen real estate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Classify groups as inactive groups

I should be able to categorize in-active groups/chats unless someone on the group send messages to anyone.

In-active groups should not be present alongside active groups. There should be a section where all in-active groups are present togeather.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 93 94
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base