Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. just stop

why does everything have to be so 'Microsoft' all the time? it makes it too difficult to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group Activity for engagement and bonding

Having an additional Tab with a few games (esp multi player ones) can help to bring back (to an extent) the bonding people used to feel at offices. The whole idea of games could be even opened to partners to integrate with Teams and also let users to search and add them as they wish.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Activate Join meeting button by keyboard

I would like to be able to activate the Join Now button using only the keyboard. Currently, it's impossible to quickly join a meeting due to having to go through the Audio and Video options screen. I have dozens of meetings a day, I don't need to reconfigure these every time. I would like to be able to quickly bypass this screen with a simple keyboard input rather than hunt down the Join Now button with a mouse pointer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Semi-persistent tab overlay option in channels

Similar to the To Do overlay in Outlook Online, but for tabs in a channel. Original use case is for viewing Tasks (whether Project or Planner or, in a perfect world, both!) side by side with channel posts to quickly add/manage/review tasks, but side-by-side option (even in smaller width panel) has many other use cases too. Precedent set with "Show channel info" panel/overlay.

IMPORTANT: Must have same on-demand, semi-persistent presence as To Do for Outlook Online and "Show channel info" in Teams, meaning I can use it if I want to, but don't have to fill up my view if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better visibility for channel notifications

When new posts or comment are available in channels, it should be more visible. It is not easy to see that the channel or team name is bolded, when a new information are available.

A red dott or a symbol with a color would be better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add more reaction like 'OK''GOT IT'...

Add more reaction like 'OK''GOT IT'...please

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remote work location identifier

Similar to the way color coding on the users image a notifier designating if the user is in office (or on site) vs working remote would be nice given many workplaces moving to a more flexible working environment.

A company can list all company wifi networks and when the company computer is logged on through that network the identifier would indicate you are working from the office. If your colleagues would like to stop by your desk for an impromptu catch up this indicate they may be able to catch you. If you are not connected to a company listed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please allow collapsing one window while working on other windows .. for example, i do not need to see chat while am working on an excel

You need serious consideration for the UI please. Working on Excel - we do not need to see chat and want to collapse that window while on excel. Scheduling a call - we do not wish to scroll both at the right and downwards to add only 2 participants; lots of blank space wasted on upper side.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When mouse over "Share Content" screen options/thumbnails (e.g. monitor 1, 2 or 3), highlight the screen boarder in red BEFORE I select it

WHEN mouse over "Share Content" screen thumbnail buttons (e.g. monitor 1, 2 or 3)
    THEN highlight the screen boarder in red (or some other colour).

So that I know, in advance which screen I am going to share, BEFORE I click the thumbnail to start sharing that screen.

Currently thumbnail images of screens does help but not as clear as the red screen boarder that you get when you are actually sharing a screen.

Currently it is not very clear which screen I am going to share, until I pick it, but that could result in sharing the wrong screen…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show open channel in hidden channel list.

I would like to see the active channel in the hidden channel list. Currently the active channel is not shown in the list at all. I often go from channel to channel down the list and this makes it difficult to find where I left off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. offer users the option to have the camera on but NOT display themselves on the screen.

offer users the option to have the camera on but NOT display themselves on the screen.

In 'the real world' we don't see ourselves. Modern society has inflicted a huge amount of unnecessary narcissism upon us by the mass use of social media. We don't need this further enforced by adding a 'mirror' onto teams.

I'm not saying it should be removed, I am sure a lot of people will want to see themselves, but there are also a lot of people who don't want to see themselves while allowing others to see them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. new look (UI)

please change the UI design of ms teams and make it as new. it will be nice.
    thank you!..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen share should fill available space (no gray bars)

The screen share recently shrunk and got unnecessary gray bars taking up space above/below (see attached screen shot). Please fix it so the screen share takes up all available space.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove gallery from the right side

I want to remove the gallery that is on the right side, as it takes up a lot of space on my screen in the work area, it was better before, and I would like to find an option to have it as it was in the previous version. Since many times I need to see everything as big as possible without zooming to be able to see all the content and adding this affects a lot the way I receive my classes since I don't need to see the participants all the time like this version since not everyone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Missing end user tests

You should make more end user tests because when you use MS Teams there are many (small) glitches in usability

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow users to suppress the "Microphone muted" message

Anyone who uses any sort of push-to-talk utility gets to see that modal on top of their video chat perpetually, as closing it just causes it to pop up again. Put a checkbox in there that says "never show this again" or find another, less intrusive affordance for when Teams thinks the user's mic is muted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. get rid of the annoying scrollbar behaviour

Whenever you type something multiline, the annyoing scrollbar appears instead of just increasing the size of the textarea so that I can see what I am typing. Same apples to when I am pasting multiline text into the textarea. Before being able to see the whole text I need to scroll up. Super annyoing. It doesn't stop there, as also the whole editing options are in the invisible area and I need to scoll all the way up before being able to edit my text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add ability to preview my video and audio while not in a call.

While not in a call I would like to adjust my microphone and camera setting as well as preview or record a few seconds of audio in order to test audio levels and camera position.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display Start/End Time for Focusing Mode

Display Start/End Time for Focusing Mode

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I like to do things in a consistent way... hiding a chat and a team are consistent - unhiding them is not!

why not have a consistent way of hiding ar unhiding chats and teams. I prefer the option in Teams where you have a group at the bottom of all hidden teams - same could be implemented for chats instead of doing a search so that you can unhide any chat. Consistency is good for user experience...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 129 130
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base