Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. increase

Love the pop-out window for a chat session!

Would be great to be able to "zoom" the size like I can on the main application (CTRL - "+").

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Think beyond the 4-tile grid! It's tym

Well, during the lockdown, to offer a human touch, maybe u can think of a gallery view - a real hangout feel it gives.

And one step closer... can be a virtual 2-to-tango booth (with restrictions n virtual eyes on).

In the era of social distancing, this way people can cut the clutter, yet hold on to a meaningful n personal conversation. :-)

Wat say buddy!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the UHD and scaling support when moving between displays

Laptop UHD - 250% scale
    Second display HD - 125% scale

When starting teams or moving teams between displays it regularly explodes in size and expands or appears outside the domain of the display.

A lot of time is spent resizing the application to fit within the screen again so it can be read/used.

Similarly on startup, when defaulting to the second (left) display the application starts off the edge of the screen and needs to be moved and resized to use again. The original placement and size is not remembered or honoured.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Move small video boxes while in a mtg/call to the top of the screen instead of the bottom

When someone is sharing their screen, all of the video boxes move to the bottom of the screen. If you want to see the person presenting, you are looking all the way at the bottom of the screen. Two reasons to move the videos to the top: 1) this is closer to your eye level, 2) it looks like youre looking into the camera because the video you're looking at is closer to the camera on the computer itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Know your screen is being shared successfully

Picture-in-picture of the broadcast for the screen sharer with a dismiss option once they’re happy it’s all correct should do the trick. So many times presenters are asking if everyone can see their screens.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create option so the participants can be viewed at the top of the window instead of the bottom

Create option so meeting participants can be viewed at the top of the window instead of the bottom. Rationale: Most people have their external video camera mounted to the top of their screen so this will enable people to make eye contact with the other attendees (not looking down or in the corner)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow user to cancel a "Request Control" request when clicked accidentally.

During a meeting if you click "Request Control" there appears not to be any option to cancel that request. The Presenter has to cancel which can then impact the flow of a meeting.

If the requester could also cancel their own request this would make more sense.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show Your Own Video Feed Options

It would be great if you could have the option to have your own video feed included as one of the NxN tiles like Zoom does, rather than only being available as a tiny tile in the bottom-right corner.

And at the very least, when in full screen mode, it would be nice if your own video feed could stay on screen rather than disappearing after 3 seconds.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to be able to hide the conversation window when I am not using it.

Basically I would like Teams to act like Skype for Business, where if I'm not on a call or chat, it just shows my list of contacts. If I am in a call, I would like the conversation window to show that call and not, for example, the last chat or meeting I was in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Selectively mark messages as read

When I come back to the office after several days off I have a lot of unread Teams messages. Reviewing them is a challenge because there is no way to easily mark a thread as partially viewed. I start reviewing a thread, move on to something else, then have to figure out where in the thread I was.

This is one area where email has an advantage. With email, the application only marks messages as "read" that I explicitly open. I think there should be a special "bulk read" mode for Teams that forces the user to acknowledge each message.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. DISABLE VOICE MAIL ! like yesterday!!!!

Disable the leave voicemail option.. ... nobody wants it nor needs it.. if I called he will see the missed call and call back.

or just write a line in chat...

DISABLE THE VOICEMAIL

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can we get a new group to work on this? We have 3 year old fixes going untouched. You are very bad at your jobs.

The interface, which was trash when it launched, is still trash. You haven't implemented OSX native notifications yet. And the features that you DO have are WORTHLESS in a Business environment (who the **** needs Virtual Backgrounds? Seriously.).

Can you maybe get a NEW group to work on this, because obviously the current group of slackjawed, overpaid, code monkeys can't seem to grasp that you need to respond to bug reports, and fix them in a timely manner.

MacOS Notifications should have been implemented before you even rolled this out on a Mac Platform. Instead we have Teams dependent notifications,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Chat y barra de herramientas

No puedo leer el chat y seguir escuchando la conferencia en el celular. Al leer los comentarios se deja de escuchar el tema.

Igualmente si quiero leer los mensajes de otra aplicación la conferencia deja de escucharse.

La barra de herramientas de Microsoft y los anuncios en la parte superior donde dice que la conferencia está grabando bloquean la visibilidad de lo que se expone en el tema. Ojalá se puedan mejorar estos aspectos.
    Saludos!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keyboard Shortcut: Playback speed

A keyboard shortcut for altering the Playback Speed of a recorded event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Contact Tile size in Calls section should be reduced

The Speed Dial section allows you to pin Contacts in different groups, which is great.

But the size of the individual tiles is way too large. I am not running Teams in full screen mode unless someone is presenting. I need a really small but comprehensive list of my favourite contacts - like we used to have in LiveMeeting (and like we used to have in Circuit).

Please allow a smaller display of these tiles. Name and icon are sufficient for this purpose.

And please consider the increasing tendency to run such apps on a smartphone - even less screen…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Buddy list breakout window (Skype for business, AIM, Steam, etc..)

Missing the ability to popout or break out a buddy list type display that shows presence and allows for quick messaging.

Taking something like the "Calls" category and allowing it to float and/or always be on top outside of the main app window would suffice. One of the main things I'm missing from Skype is being able to see at a glance who on my team is active and to be able to quickly message them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. File upload interaction usability issues

When working remotely over the past few weeks we have been using Team Chat / Collaboration tools like Microsoft Team and Slack. Of course, many of the chat applications have seen a spike in usage since this COVID 19 issue where Microsoft’s Teams has 75 million DAUs (daily active users), according to the report.

I use Microsoft Teams as a collaboration tool for chat/call communication. I noticed that while files were being shared in the Teams application with drag and drop feature, which I feel is quite contradictory to the user’s mental model, I found that the user experience was…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. File upload interaction usability issues

When working remotely over the past few weeks we have been using Team Chat / Collaboration tools like Microsoft Team and Slack. Of course, many of the chat applications have seen a spike in usage since this COVID 19 issue where Microsoft’s Teams has 75 million DAUs (daily active users), according to the report.

I use Microsoft Teams as a collaboration tool for chat/call communication. I noticed that while files were being shared in the Teams application with drag and drop feature, which I feel is quite contradictory to the user’s mental model, I found that the user experience was…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. “Participated-in conferences” item on the Analysis Report

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    分析レポートの "参加した会議" の項目
    “Participated-in conferences” item on the Analysis Report

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターの分析レポートの "参加した会議" の項目が削除されたため、機能の追加を希望
    The “Participated-in conferences” item on the Analysis Report in Microsoft Teams Admin Center has been removed. We would like to see it restored.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 79 80
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base