Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link input as in MS-Word

In Microsoft Word, you can enter a link that also references to your own file storage system (see attached images). The same should also be possible in Microsoft Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. caption

Live Meeting Closed Captions scrolling.

The new live closed captions during meetings are awesome!!
    Sometimes people talk extremely fast and the captions scroll away before I can read everything. Would it be possible to make the captioning window larger and add the ability to scroll back and forth?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Permit the selection of ""Default Communication Device" for both audio in / out

This permits the use of an external program to switch devices using Windows 10's built-in capability (e.g. via StreamDesk) mid call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Disable all animations: GIFs, stickers, emoji. Slack considers this an Accessibility feature, a designation I agree with

Allow an option to disable all animations: GIFs, stickers, emoji. Slack considers this an Accessibility feature, a designation I agree with. Graphics that are constantly moving or flashing are very distracting and interfere with my ability to use Windows as a whole, not just interfering with Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. increase font size of incoming messages

To be able to increase font size on incoming messages not just having to zoom in the app which increases the ui as well making the app take up to much space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. link the IM app to email so individual "available" or "away" status will appear in emails status as well.

link the IM app to email so individual "available" or "away" status will appear in emails status as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to create and share multi-question surveys or RFP forms that can be shared outside of Teams, while collecting data through teams.

It would be great to have the ability to create a RFP or survey form in Teams that can be shared outside of teams. In a retail environment, many of our staff cannot access e-mail or sign-in to Teams easily, however, could click on a single link provided in company platform
    to complete a form. This functionality could solve for some company-wide communication challenges.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Reduced Motion Settings (Mobile)

Emoji's (and perhaps other things) on the mobile app (tested on Android) have repetitive animations. There is no way to stop/reduce the motion of the emojis like you can on the desktop.

This is an accessibility issue.

Please can a setting be added to 'Stop/Reduce Motion' on the mobile apps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make Teams multi-window

From the company which invented Windows... a single-window productivity application. Really?
    As multi-tasking is the accepted way of operating now, why does it need to take so long for me to switch from one task in Teams to another and back again? Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the display resolution. Currently font size is massive and everything doesn't fit. There is no scroll bar.

Change the display resolution. Currently font size is massive and everything doesn't fit. There is no scroll bar so I can't access the buttons at the bottom. Please include in Settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open documents on Desktop Application by default

The editors that are embedded within the Teams application are tremendously subpar. It would be extremely helpful to enable teams to open documents in their native applications by default. That even just makes more intuitive sense.

I see requests for this service more than a year ago but nobody at microsoft ever followed up. This does not seem like a large feature. Should have been included in the initial release.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make messages from different teams appear distinct

Please make
    1) messages to the team appear differently fro
    Messages from a single individual
    2) allow use to prioritize one team over the other (I am on lots of teams). I want messages to and from my primary team to be most visible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Edit the captions in Teams meetings and recordings

The autocaptions are great, but not always accurate. Would like to be able to edit the captions generated both in the live version and in recorded versions, otherwise we need to export to a video editing app and manually create them all over again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. About guest access in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のゲスト アクセスについて
    About guest access in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    自テナントで Microsoft Teams のゲスト アクセスを無効にしているとき、ゲストとして招待された別テナントへのアクセスを制御する機能を追加してほしい。
    I would like to add an ability to control the guest access to other tenants when that guest access is disable on personal tenant in Microsoft Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a real emoji picker, please

The emojis in the app are so limited. Teams for PC needs to support picking from all emojis, https://getemoji.com/. Every mobile user on every device has a massive, expressive emoji keyboard based on the standard set. So basically, everyone in the world expects to be able to use those standard emojis, but on PC, they're users are stuck with some random tiny subset of not-great emojis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a Ctrl+G command to switch to a different tenant

Currently, one has to use the mouse and select another tenant from the dropdown menu.

I'd rather have a keyboard shortcut to switch tenants.

Combine it with this: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37710256-open-the-command-bar-by-using-ctrl-shift-p-like-in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automated or intelligent mute/un-mute

Many times when you want to speak or respond quickly in a meeting, it´s not always easy to find he mute button quickly enough. The idea here is to create a way either configurable or not to have an alternative means to unmute and mute quickly. For example, it could be a keyboard shortcut, or a specific keyword that when said the app will recognise and activate the mute button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. highlight referenced user in chat

in a chat session, if I highlight a person by "@" and their name, the color is purple. it washes with the background purple for the converation block. the highlighted color should be different, maybe blue? or gold? so that it stands out making it easy to scan a paragraph and identify who are the people being referenced.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My gamertag has been suspended for no apparent reason

My gamertag was removed and assigned a new one as it was offensive, my gamertag was a shortened version of my surname therefor not offensive and I was provided with a gamertag or kindkitten, for a 23 year old man kindkitten is offensive, I need to make a complaint about this and the service of Xbox

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base