Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Removal from startup

GET THIS OFF STARTUP!

ALLOW REMOVAL FROM STARTUP. This is ridiculous -- it makes me HATE this program before I have even started using it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Removal from startup

GET THIS OFF STARTUP!

ALLOW REMOVAL FROM STARTUP. This is ridiculous -- it makes me HATE this program before I have even started using it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to drag/drop 1:1 conversations in the chat list history

The ability to drag 1:1 chats and place them in a hierarchy allows to faster identification. Users should be able to place 1:1 chats and not have the 1:1 chats move based on a more recent chat coming in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Higher contrast font colors, more font size choices

Have the font color selection include fonts with better contrast levels from the background. On the standard white background (don't know about others as my company has disabled themes), colors other than black are extremely hard to read.

As other users have noted, please add more font size choices, particularly for Wiki page titles. They are barely distinguishable from subheadings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. remove the like button please

the like button that pops up on each chat message when you click or high light is in a very annoying and dis functional location.

If you need to copy text at the end of the chat bubble the like button is blocking it and you would need to copy the entire thing

PLease please remove it or put it somewhere else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Request Control" floating button need more visibility.

"Request Control" floating button need more visibility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make cache clear easier

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のキャッシュクリアの簡易化を希望します。

Make cache clear easier
    Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリ、クライアントアプリ、web アプリはそれぞれキャッシュクリアの手順が異なると認識をしております。
    キャッシュクリアの手順が複雑であるため、ボタン一つでキャッシュクリアを行えるなど、現段階よりも簡易的なキャッシュクリアの実装を希望します。

Microsoft Teams mobile app, client app, web app, they all have different way to clear cache. Make cache clear easier by clearing cache on button click as it may be confusing to some users.

Thank you for your consideration.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy and paste -- among other things like... retire this app

For the love of God please make cutting and pasting convos easier. this is ridiculous. Why my company decided to move to this platform and eliminate Skype for Business is beyond me or better yet please higher developers with experience... I think the hipster developer had too many non gmo chi tea lattes the morning meeting when copy and paste was discussed during development of this garbage app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add read aloud to the ribbon

I would like to be able to add read aloud to the MS Teams ribbon like you can on all other ms application

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Combining calenders

I would like to be able to combine calenders/schedules from multiple location within the agency. Our company has multiple houses\locations that make it difficult to count hours when its seperated in the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Being able to decline shift or accept with modified hours

Being able to decline a shift that are in the open shift section would help senior support and managers know that someone saw the shift and cant do it then they can move onto the next person on the list. That way we dont have to wait till closing date if we know everyone has seen it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A way to access specific tabs from groups immediately?

No shortcut seem to help me access directly specific tabs. It's really annoying to navigate between team chats and specific group's tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Test Microphone/Speakers from inside the application.

It would be nice to be able to test the Microphone and Speakers, to make sure everything is working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Simplify it. Not user friendly to many tabs going on General, Teams. Chat, Call way to many sub menus.

Simplify it. Not user friendly to many tabs going on General, Teams. Chat, Call way to many sub menus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. **actual** markdown support

The current markdown implementation is simply bad as it's not actual markdown. Instead it's some kind of in-line format guesser that changes what you type on enter.

* it doesn't work in the client
    * it doesn't apply to messages submitted via webhook integrations
    * it doesn't work on cut-n-pasted text
    * it's not complete (tons of markdown syntax missing)
    * it doesn't allow simple shortcuts via "/extension" (looking at you, /giphy)

in-line reformatting is slow and often unpredictable in the way it responds as you type, making for a poor experience, especially as you attempt to reformat a message…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please at least open new window for new chat

Teams is far worse than Skype pro. I'm always confused when I see an open chat in teams and not a menu similar to Skype Pro.
    I also want to tag my contacts status change alerts and see on a single view who is available and who is not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to see status message under contact name

In Skype, I could see the status message under the contact name if I change a setting to give each contact multiple lines of visibility. I would like to be able to see the status message under their contact name

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft Windows cannot find Teams using search

Trying to start teams is very manual. The windows search does not find a Microsoft product.

Hitting the windows key on the keyboard and typing "Teams" or even "Microsoft Teams" brings up no search results. I have to find the shortcut on my desktop or manually browse through all applications just to find it.

Our companies current solution (skype for business) that this will be replacing does not have this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notifications on the Desktop version are easily missed

Hi, please improve the notifications on the desktop app. Messages received in the Team channels are easily missed as there is no proper notification symbol and the name of the Team/Channel in which the message was received is only bolded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base