Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Modify list of functions/apps

In Teams, the default list of "apps" on the left side are:
    Activity
    Shifts
    Chat
    Teams
    Calendar
    Calls
    Files
    Planner

We should be able to modify this list, to "hide" features not in use.
    especially the "Shifts" function, that takes "ages" to load basic/frontpage and is a full PITA when you've managed to click on it when intending to go to "Activity" or "Chat".

We should also be able to, within the "Chat" function, to "group" contacts, by using "drag and drop" to a created contact-group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Slash commands should be available in the same place we type messages.

As a power user, I wish to be able to enter slash commands in the same control where I type messages, because the inability to do so goes against more than 30 years of precedent for chat applications. Having to enter them elsewhere is counter intuitive and frustrating.

From an accessibility point of view it makes no sense to force the user to navigate to another control where they still need to type the slash.

IRC has had slash commands for more than 30 years. Slack, Mattermost, Zoom... all have slash commands integrated in the text entry control too.

Integrating…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to see the current status of the person before conversation via chat window

Ability to see the current status of the person before we start the conversation via chat window, As we don`t know if the person is in call or not and start conversation and it will because a disturb for the person

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Working file tabs (above permanent Team tabs)

Have working tabs above permanent Team tabs (ie open files like Word, PDF, etc.) so when doing correspondence I can bounce back and forth between reference files within various Teams and channels.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Poco amigable

La aplicación es un poco compleja, difícil de manejar para algunas personas, no es amigable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create private & "public" tag groups.

Create tag groups. This way you can tag messages, files, emails etc to a PRIVATE tag group. Teams get a bit messy when when you are a member of many teams. This way you can see everything regarding a special tag in a tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Added website navigation menu back and forward

When website is added to channel as card, there is no possibility to navigate back on website. It is feedback from many users that this functionality would be appriciate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for Grouping individual persons in a Group

Can we have the feature of Grouping individual persons in a Group(Only for user) like in Skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Replying to conversation should open a new column

May need a rollup ... but right now it's too easy to confuse replying to a conversation and starting a new conversation. TONS of "new conversations" are little more than replies gone wrong.

Proposal: when you click on a conversation, have another column slide out with the conversation, in the same manner it works when you're in a meeting. IN this way it will be visually obvious where conversations are contained and where new conversations are started.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Close Dynamics 365 Record Form and go back to View

When I have opened a record form to look at and edit the details of a record in a given entity (fx Opportunities, Accounts or Contacts) which are shown in a Teams tab, I cannot navigate back to the view of the entity. I have to reload the tab or change channel and then go back to the Dynamics 365 tab. I just need a button, a breadcrumb or a hotkey that closes the record form. Pretty please :-)

P.S. I am a huge fan of the integration between MS Teams and Dynamics 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Capability to call numbers that are as plain text on websites/documents by using a hotkey

This is a feature I;ve seen in some other VOIP systems with a soft client on Windows, for example Swyx uses the key F11 to initiate a call if you have a block of numbers highlighted with the mouse cursor, regardless which application has that text.

It works on notepad, websites that instead of using the "tel:" only have their phone number as plain text. Make is very easy and convenient to not copy/paste numbers around

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ability to delete old contacts and files

There needs to be an easy way (right click or under ellipsis) to delete old contacts and files. It is useless to keep a file on the view when I click into it that tells me "opps this file has been deleted or moved". If I can't get to the file, I don't want to see it in my view under files. The ability to keep files and contacts clean and up todate (and thereby making it easier to find what you actually need) needs a lot of work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice to have an option to search test within double quotes while using Teams on iOS mobile.

Let’s say I am looking for a key or ID my colleague pinged long ago in Teams. I wanted to search for it in mobile teams using the few characters/string that I remember like that could be done with the Desktop teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Configurable sort of Microsoft teams conversations.

Configurable sort of Microsoft teams conversations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring back Transcriber for the Surface Neo

One of the most wonderful tooIs in Windows CE was the award winning Transcriber function. Whilst many devices which allow for the use of a stylus have programs or functionality which converts handwriting into text within applications, Transcriber was unique in that it had the option to utilize the whole screen. Rather than limiting the input space to a prescribed box it allowed handwriting to be overwritten on the whole screen which it then inserted into the place in the document or website etc from the placement of the cursor. Having the freedom to utilize the whole screen real estate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mejorar

Facilitar las opciones y mejorar la conectividad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)