Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use of Up and Down arrow in Feed window for navigation

When there is lot of new items in the Feed, I have to use mouse and if Up and Down keys help in navigating. This will be faster and easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Default Tag @Here

Making the Tag @here available to everyone by default.
    The Tag @here will alert- notify every member of the room if original message is directed to everyone and not specific to a person

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hotkeys to end a video chat

Hotkeys to end a video chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. rearrage screen and close captioning

I discovered live captioning (thank you!!) and my last meeting had 4 or 5 speakers and 30+ attendees. I could not read their lips, or see their faces well, because the names obscure the faces. The name is okay, but the box the name is in should be transparent, and a fraction of the size. One was speaking and most of her face was blocked by the giant initials in a circle, of someone who was not speaking. Please fix this. It is so annoying. As a hard of hearing person, I need to see the whole face for clues…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please allow a user to disable the "Quick Send" feature in Chat.

Please allow a user to disable the "Quick Send" feature in Chat, in which pressing Enter sends the chat message. We have had many inadvertent "sends" of partially-written chat messages. I'd like to be able to insert a paragraph break without having to remember to switch to compose mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pinned section

It would be nice to have a pinned section where we would be able to view both pinned Chats and Channels.
    It is a bit inconvenient to keep switching between the Chats and Teams (Channels) section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adjust colors in Dark Mode

Redo the formatting views when in Dark Mode. Highlighting, or some other form of formatting, is causing white text on a very light gray background while in dark mode, absolutely impossible to read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow vertical size change for meeting chat

When in a meeting, if I click on the chat icon, the chat opens on the right side of the meeting.

Today, you cannot change the size.

Allow me to move the left border to the left to make the the chat window bigger.

I do not want to leave the meeting to visit the meeting chat either.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make my personal status more clearly visible

The current status value is shown in the corner of the Teams icon in the Task bar and system tray, it needs to be much bigger, so its easier to spot when its wrong. It would be nice even if it was possible to have the whole of the bottom screen color (accent coilours?) could be dynamically customised, so say, I'm busy in a meeting it was red, and when I'm free its green

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can you make the text highlight colours a little lighter?

It would have been easier to read if you guys can make the highlight colours a little lighter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Naprawcie Apk'e

Apk'a Nie Prawidłowo Działa

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Contacts and groups need attention

Managing contacts and groups is a disaster.
    MS Teams is useless without being able to import contacts from other sources (Outlook Gmail etc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability of divided role of Teams Administrator by department.

It would be nicer to have the ability to set role to manage Teams member by department.
    ex) Accounting department has Accounting Administrator, Human Resources department HRD Administrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have navigation tree visible through hierarchical links if on a page.

When you have an open document, often I want to go to the hierarchical link where to document resides. I would also like to be able to have a graphical set of links to click on to aid navigation.
    With the current GUI, you can search for a document, but it does not allow navigation to the container. (Navigation is not good).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The coloring

The background colors could vary: private messages background could differ from "general". My colleagues (who do not use computers much) say that it would be easier to identify wich you are writing on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow users to change colors of the app.

Allow users to change the colors of the application to make it more appealing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Free NSF to PST file Converter

Try the free demo version through eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter to check its working efficiency. By this demo you can convert NSF to PST file with selective 25 items from each mailbox without spending money. I would suggest you to use this best utility to make error- free conversion and export NSF emails, drafts, inbox items, delete items, calendar, Contacts, Attachments, Tasks, journal to workable PST file. It has the ability to transfer NSF file data into multiple different file formats like- EML, EMLX, MBOX, MSG, vCard, CSV, ICS, Zimbra, Gmail, Yahoo and Office 365 etc.

Get More Info…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keyboard shortcut for translating

the translation functionality is very nice, but can be made better if we can have a keyboard shortcut for that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)