Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deleting chats. It keeps conversions unnecessarily.

There should be a delete option for conversation and channels.not easy to use. It is very slow especially in reaching documents. I have to click 3-4 times to open in desktop version. Channels cannot be renamed and you lose the links if you rename them which is not convenient

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User configurable alert sounds!!! Stock ones WAY too quiet!

Need the old feature of user configurable alert sounds. I work from home and need to be able to assign louder alert sounds to ensure I hear incoming notifications when temporarily farther away from the terminal.

You guys have the incoming alert sound soo dang quite in this Teams Chat app! I've got this machines volume cranked to the roof and still often don't hear the incoming msgs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Place the "New Conversation" on top of the Posts page instead of on the bottom

This is to prevent new conversations being started when they were intended to be added to an existing conversation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Ran into issue" When adding guest user

Currently when adding a new guest in a team if its slow you will get "Ran into issue" try again later error. The problem is that it does add the guest to Azure AD and you need to look them up now to add by "Name". If you try to add them again by email it will give the same confusing error. Please at least notify to try the name of the user vs using the email if you have an error. At best correct the behavior.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I suggest to implement RIBBON similar to Office apps

Ribbons can be full of options on one click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reference a planner task in a channel conversation

I would like the ability to talk about a planner card / task within a channel on teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create a News Post within a Channel

It should be possible to create a News Post/Link within a Teams Channel and have it push out to the Team SharePoint site. When you create a new post/conversation in a channel and select the format tool, the dropdown where you would change from a New Conversation to an Announcement should have an option to select News Post/Link (screenshot of location attached). News Post Templates associated with the Team-Site should be available to be selected here as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow us to change the sound for notifications...can't hear the current one.

Allow us to change the sound for notifications...can't hear the current one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide better ringtone sound options. At least one that sounds like an analog bell ringing.

The ringtones in Teams are jarring and artificial.
    Please include ringtones that actually sound like a phone ringing, or include the ringtones from Skype For Business.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 新しいメッセージを入力する際、1行入力か、書式入力のモードか設定で切り替えできると便利です。

仕事で使うので、長文を入力することが多いです。
    1行入力か、書式入力モードで編集するのか、設定で切り替えができると嬉しいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. View contact information from user icon

Click on the user icon in the upper right to see the user's information.
    It is convenient to see contact information and departments.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Team name visibility while viewing channel

With the latest update, the Team name and description is no longer visible while viewing a channel or its tabs. Please add an option to change this. We store the ID number from our CRM for a client in the Team name and they are no longer visible while working in that channel unless you navigate to settings or find it in the navigation menu. With over 100 Teams, this is very inconvenient to not only access this "keyword" info but also to navigate up and down the hierarchy between channels within a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skype for Business use to show person's status in Outlook but Teams does not. As Skpe is end of life and our organization has removed Skype.

Skype for Business use to show person's status in Outlook but Teams does not. As Skpe is end of life and our organization has removed Skype we will like teams chat status to be displayed in Outlook

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow more than 30 Private Channels

Please allow more than 30 Private Channels (at least 200 like standard channels).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back the title/navigation/breadcrumb

Teams got rid of the navigation/breadcrumb path at the top of each team and it's super annoying. Now you don't know what team you're in you just see the "General" channel, and it also makes it difficult to switch channels within a team. Can you bring that original feature back please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copy/Paste Functions in Meeting Notes Needs Update

Many users are asking for copy/paste functionality in Meeting Notes. We have it but the only way to do it is CTRL + SHIFT + V. The more common CTRL +V or right click to paste doesn't work. Please provide better functionality that users are used to rather than just one way that is not explained in the tool itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow Teams taskbar to be moved/hidden

The Teams control taskbar (attached image) is constantly in the way when viewing a web conference call. It may disappear when you click on the conference, or after time, but will reappear as soon as you move the mouse.

Please allow it to be moved or hidden during calls.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. display contact list only

Like skype for business -it would be nice to be able to see just the contact list without the chat section on the right being open. thereby taking up less space on the monitor when its up. and maybe doing a popout chat window as opposed to the chat room vibe of the 80's-90's

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to access chat without losing my place on the Project board.

Our work team creates new Task cards on the Project Board all time time. It has gotten to the point where you must use filters to be able to find the Task card you are looking for. I get all of my filters set and find the card, then someone sends me a message in Chat. I go to chat view the message and reply. When I go back to the Project Board, all of the filters have been reset and I have to apply my filters all over again. It would be nice to be able to access Chat…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alerta de notificações a respeito do status de ligação/videoconferencia

criar alertas de notificações acerca dos feedbacks dados pelos usuários do Teams acerca da qualidade da ligação e video conferencia, como também de problemas de comunicação que venha ocorrer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 152 153
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base