Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When receiving a call I want to forward the calling party number to web browser URL or own program

When I receive a Microsoft Teams voice call I want to open a http: url with the calling number as suffix in parallel. I.e. I want to open a web page at our CRM system with the calling id and show the partner details

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve Team Status information, providing time details similar to S4B

Skype for Business time-stamped status changes; this was especially useful for distributed teams (e.g. lunchtime, break) where we could predict when individuals might be back at their desk. This was also useful to see user-computer interaction/activity over time.

Teams should enhance the telepresence information status to resemble more that of the Skype for Business approach, especially with time stamps. Right now, TEAM will show a person unavailable/offline with no clue if the status is from a few moments ago, days or weeks..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 'Search or type a command' should search focused content first

instead of messages. So if in files view, search should return those hits initially instead of defaulting to messages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve the embedding of Sharepoint Lists

When adding a Sharepoint List to a Tab in a Team, it puts the entire sharepoint site in a frame. It's visually akward and exposes functionality you may not want the team members to see or be distracted by. Just embed the list itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need to speak with azure kubernetes cluster from Microsoft teams

Hi,

if you check below link,we are able to connect SLACK with Kubernetes

https://tutorials.botsfloor.com/how-to-make-a-slack-bot-speak-kubernetes-e7929f51c741

in similar way, can we acheive this with MS teams ?
    I need same (AS-IS) functionality (instead of slack , we use MS teams. please click on above link)

i need to check logs , pods health, secrets from msteams(with/without help of bot) by integrating it with kubernetes .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. deny request to join a team

We have a request from a random user to join a private team. I cannot seem to be able to deny the request. My only option is to Approve. How can I remove the request and possibly tell the user why he/she is not allowed to join?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Whiteboard - make it work with multiple monitors

I love the Teams Whiteboard, as I'm a visual drawer in meetings.

However, I don't love that it doesn't seem to work with mutliple monitors unless the Teams window is open on the primary monitor. Let me explain:

* I have a Surface Pro, with the Surface Pen.
    * I have a Surface Dock, with 2 big external displays attached.
    * When the Surface is docked, one of the big external displays is set as the primary monitor in Windows.
    * If I add a whiteboard in a Teams meeting, people can see the whiteboard while the Teams window is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. hide logging of "joined the team" and "has been removed from the team"

Ability to hide logging Person A "joined the team" and Person B "has been removed from the team" in the channel settings. For sites with large audience this is extraneous information to scroll through that we would want to hide most of the time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. tag conversation with open/closed task

Tag conversation - open task and completed task.
    Currently using save conversation flag, but there are other reasons to save a conversation, so the list is not clean/clear, and getting longer each day. And then a page to display these items.
    For items that require follow up, but not big enough to make it into the Planner, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. pop up window when message received

the notification that you received a message is terrible. It would be great if there is a pop up or a ballon that shows up on the monitor to make it more clear there is message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If you search while in a chat or channel, automatically update filter to reflect your current position.

Let us say that you are in a specific channel regarding issue A, lets say your team member chatted privately with you more recently about A. You are in your channel looking for issue A, the most recent results will be from your private chat and not the channel you are currently in. Please have the filter updated automatically to search in your current position with an option to expand.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Define What app to open with when you open a document in teams

We have found some documents work better in the desktop apps than in the online version. Good example Excel and Onenote.

As a team owner have a way to flag a document where it always wants to open in Desktop excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. F2 edit of conversation entries

It would be nice to select a conversation entry and hit F2 to edit rather than clicking elipse ... to edit. Or you can keep both just F2 would make the edit much quicker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. History for Chats?

it would be nice if you had a history button in Chats where you could go back father! than your recent chats to look someone up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Give an option to mark all unread messages as read.

When looking at the Activity Feed in Teams, you can filter by unread but there is no option to select all and mark as read. This would be very helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include comments of @mention into notification email text

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams メンション時の内容を通知メールの本文に記載し表示する

Include comments of @mention into notification email text
    ■Description(内容):
    Teams でメンション時の内容を通知メールの本文に表示する機能を希望します。

I hope you to implement feature to include contents commented on @mention into notification email’s body.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Team Usage report

I just want to know team call duration hours , i mean how many hours our users have used team for audio , video and conf calls , and i need it minimum last 3-4 months report. But the support team says its not available.If we wont get it for individual user its OK for all users report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 118 119
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.