Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow "display text" for Hyperlinks

Provide the ability to edit the description for hyperlink like in other Microsoft products. Currently if you past a hyperlink to a chat or in a Wiki it show the full path, which is clunky and looks unprofessional.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More channel types

Private channels will hopefully be implemented soon but I would like to see continued work on the capabilities of channels, here are some examples I think would be useful.

* Hidden private channel - Each member is invited and none else can see it.

* Visible private channel - Everyone can see the channel but only invited members can see content. Good if you want people to be aware that it exists so they can request access if needed.

* Channel with external members - Like above but users not member of the team can be invited e.g. guests or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi

Hi,

I've two mail IDs one is from my organization and another is from customer end.
    I would like to use both in same Teams app as I do it in Outlook app.
    Is this possible ?

Thanks
    Praveen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Conversations - display full messages and leave the choice to the users to display full conversations or just the headers (see more)

It is very difficult to find something (without using the search bar) in the conversations when the biggest part of the messages are hidden. The users would need to have the choice to see automatically full conversations or just the headers (as it is now) others like Slak or Cisco Webex Teams have this option to expand all!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please create a button to move the chat group up and down in Microsoft Teams as per peference

There should be an option to move the chat group up and down in the Chat section of Microsoft teams. So to put the groups of frequent or important caller om the top and less important below. not every thing can be put as favorite

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Be able to seach for Planner Tasks

Ability to search for Planner Tasks from within Teams.

Having many Planner objects and, even more Tasks scattered across those Planners, within many Team Channels, it can be quite cumbersome to pinpoint a particular task that was worked on.

So, it would be very convenient if there was a keyword search function for Planner tasks so that I could quickly find a task that I was working on, say a couple of weeks ago, without having to remember which channel I put it in and which Planner it was a part of.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save all chats or move all chats when you change Domains.

Save all chats or move all chats when you change Domains. We have just gone through a rebranding so our domain has changed. Now when I start up in our new domain, all my email was transferred over but my chat session are now blank. It would be great if there was a way to either save all my old chat sessions/messages (like you can in Skype or your legacy "Lync") or have a way for our IT department to move over the old chat sessions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Download/Export complete Conversation in a channel via .txt, .docx, etc.

In MS Teams add an option to be able to download/export an entire conversation tab from a channel to local computer in one or more readable formats (.txt,.docx, etc.). This will allow for business looking to save conversations for compliance issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Start by making it easier to give feedback

So, I get asked in the iOS Teams app to give feedback. Then I get redirected to a 2007-style website where it’s pretty unclear which of the many links to click to actually give feedback, only to end up here where I need to login and the. provide an “idea”, followed by manually scrolling through a list to select Teams.

Are you kidding me? I was already logged in in Teams on my device. Couldn’t you just have provided a text field following my selection to provide feedback?

UX and UI needs to improve across the board. Most of all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the ability to add MSFT Shifts to the sidebar in Teams and to Teams pages.

Add the ability to add Microsoft Shifts button to the sidebar in Teams.

Also the ability to add teams as an option within a team Included are screenshots of both.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Displaying Teams Members - custom sort and blocking view

It would be very helpful if I could control the order in which team members are displayed. At first, I thought the list was alphabetical by first name, but then I read that it was actually listed by the order in which members are joined to the team.
    It would be better if the admin/teacher could decide what criteria determine the sort.

Also, there should be an option to hide other members from team members - this would be critical in many school/student settings, but would also be useful in business settings as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Conversations->Meetings->Task integration / summarize it

Hi,
    started recently to test Teams with my own team. Biggest shortcoming is actually not being able to connect conversations with tasks in Planner. I went over other similar ideas and if you put them all together, you may be able to actually sum up couple of thousands of votes.

This part is critical, at least for me, to be able to create and assign task to other people in team. Why? Because in high speed, multi-role teams people tends to forget things if don't put them somewhere where they are "in front of the eyes" whole time.

So, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add specifc people to a channel groups within a Team, not the entire team

Currently, you can add people to a team and create channels under those teams...but you can't choose specific people within a team to be apart of that channel. The whole team is part of the channel. That's fine, except when you want to just send a message to the members of a specific channel. If I use @general, the message goes to everyone in the team. But I might have a team with 60 people, and a channel that only pertains to 10 of those 60. If I want to @ everyone in my channel, I have to @ them…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change settings on chat status

In Skype, you can change your status settings (i.e. Show me as 'away' after being inactive for X minutes) I want to do that with Teams. I hate that it shows me as 'away' after only 3 minutes. What if I just stepped away to refill my water or send a text? I want to be able to change this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to have the ability to make a Team public but have a private channel underneath that team.

I would like the ability to have a public team but a private channel underneath. For instance have a public team named Retail Operations and under neath that team have a private channel for managers that is by invite only to that channel. This will prevent having too many channels in a feed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Leaving a team set up by somebody else when youre last member.

A colleagues of mine set up a test team a while back and now all other team members including the team owner have left that team. i am unable to leave the group as i'm the last remaining member. I cant deleete the grop because i'm not the owner.

Help...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Different grant in the same channel

Could be very usefull, have the possibilities to permit to all the member of a teams to write in a channel, but reduce the edit of a tab only to someone (es: all can write in the chat channel, but only the owners can edit the wiki tab)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. スラックの様に、画面に余白が少なくなる様にする。Teamsは余白が多い。返信の扱いとか、画面レイアウト。

スラックの様に、画面に余白が少なくなる様にする。Teamsは余白が多い。返信の扱いとか、画面レイアウト。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. see when messages are viewed and read by a team member

It would be good if the conversations tab could work similar to other instant messaging services where you can see who in the team has read your message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 135 136
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.