Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync with smartwatches

Please add support for get the notifications on my smartwatch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Video calling to facebook portal hardware (abliity to invite into a call)

Allow Video calling to facebook portal hardware (abliity to invite into a call)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. You should be able to have a head line that one could follow for each patient. IE for example John smith headline. Then all disciplines i

You should have a headline that you can easily find and easily see with for example patients name. And Homehealth we often have many many many patients and if we have a headline with the patients name and we involve all disciplines, then everybody can communicate about this particular patient. You can find easily what’s going on with this particular patient and see what everyone else is doing. Right now if you form a group it can be 15 different patients and it gets very call mingled when somebody is asking about the dressing and who the nurses if you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Name a Chat with 2 participants

Similar to how you can name a chat with multiple people, i want to have a named chat with one or more people, be able to concluded that conversation and start a new one with the same person about something else. these conversations may be happening simultaneously as well. I have people who work on a particular task and it would be beneficial for them to be able to ask private questions about that task and share documents and images and such without it getting mixed with the other tasks chat and documents

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve frame requests toward video interop gateways

Please improve how key frame requests toward video interop gateways to mitigate the video pulsing/recurring out of focus behavior we see when Teams participants with poor network connectivity join the Teams conference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Teams members sync with Default office 365 group

A user is removed from teams, it does not reflect in office 365 group.
    We have to do this manually and understand it access shared resources.

However, Member if removed from Teams it should be revoke all access to resources.

Please bring this setting or prompt for confirmation if you want Teams user be removed from office 365 group as well that was provisioned when Teams is created

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Device call controls need to work with both Teams and Skype, priority should be selectable

Device call controls need to work with both Teams and Skype, priority should be selectable. Currently, if both the Skype client and the Teams client is active on the desktop, the Skype client gets control of 3rd party devices like Jabra headsets. Users should be able to select which program gets control of the calling device.

Currently, I need to close Skype before I start a Teams call in order for Teams to interoperate with the headset properly and allow device buttons (like mute) to work. If Skype is up, it maintains control.

Please address.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create task from Wiki text

We use the Wiki tab to post project's weekly meeting summary in free text for all channel members.

In the summary there are action items in bullets.

My suggestion is to allow the summary writer to instantly create a task in the Planner tab, based on the the bullet action items,
    by using a 1-click button that will transform the action item to a task in a Planner task card.

Then he/she could use the task card as it would normally be used in Planner (Assign task to team member(s), set due date, Priority etc...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OneNote with Better Teams Integration

This is more of a OneNote improvment but it would be great to assign Teams members and due dates to items in OneNote.

Just thinking about the workflow of assigning actionable items within meeting minutes, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Document Set in Teams

Make document sets from Sharepoint Available in Teams, or give us the full Sharepoint Document Library feature Set.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. statusmessage from calendar

I have the option to create a Statusmessage in teams where i can tell people what i am currently doing to tell them if i have time or not. What i'm missing is the option to fill here the current appointment from my calendar with its timeframe. Would it be possible to add an option to autopublish non-private appointments from my calendar to the teams-statusmessage automatically? This would help me alot and save time reminding some people that i currently have no time to answer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Kanban or scrum daily standup board ( if synchronized with other tools or excel would be great)

To be able to have a daily scrum meeting tracker via teams, lot of teams are working from home. So to display visibility to everyone in a Kanban style or daily scrum standup board that can be customized, and synchronized with other tools ( Jira, tfs etc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the safe browsing feature in Teams

It would be great if we have the safe browsing feature in Teams when viewing any web site via Teams app. Specifically, I want the app to detect a malicious site automatically and warn us with a message resembles “visiting this site may harm your computer” when we trying to open a suspicious web site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Switch account for Teams in Internet Explorer

We can’t switch the account for Teams when clicking the Meeting options in the invitation if using Internet Explorer even though clearing cookies. It’s inconvenient, so I would like you to implement a feature to switch the Teams account in IE.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide the Add member button

It would be great if I can choose show/hide the Add member button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keep chat history available when changing interop mode

My organization has been in Islands for more than a year.
    We have many users that have been using Teams chat extensively during this time.

We are now testing a change to Skype with Teams Meetings and Collaboration with a small group of users.

I understand that with this mode chat is no longer available in Teams, but I expected to be able to see my history at least.

However, the chat tab is completely gone and I'm not able to search for people or previous conversations anymore.

I did notice that after finishing an ad-hoc meeting, it displays chats…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an "About" option that shows the year and teams installation type

I ran into an issue with adding audio to my Outlook meetings, only to find it was due to the version of Teams I was running. There is no detail on the teams installation type that can be found from the main menu. I did notice an About option in help, but that was for the help function. It would be nice provide this detail in an easy to find manner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show users’ license status

We restrict users from Teams usage by unlicensing.
    However, users can create Teams meeting with the calendar of Outlook on the web.
    This behavior could make a confusion to end users, and we cannot accept that if we were accused of license violation due to this behavior. We would like you to make the license status to visualize according to users’ license status to let us understand clearly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix the Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook

There are two things that are critically broken:

1. The Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook never works out of the box. Even on a fresh installation of Office 365 ProPlus and Teams, the Teams Meeting addin never loads. We have to manually go to each user's computer and close Teams and Outlook and then manually register the Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll, then start Teams, then Outlook to get it to work. And then the next time Teams updates (which is frequently), the Addin breaks and disappears.

2. The Teams Meeting Addin for Outlook does not work if we use federated authentication. All our users MFA…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. COMPLAINT Seemless transition from Skype for Business to Teams

Guys, seems like you are yet again sitting backwards on the horse. Today the Teams message popped up in Skype for Business to update to Teams. When I did that I am told that the admin must set teams usage. Right now, I have all my contacts disappeared from Skype for Business, I can not call my colleagues, neither does Teams work. Did anyone consider that there are users with limited access rights, who would just simply want to work seemlessly? You are practically rocking the boat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base