Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want the ability to send or receive SMS texts within Teams.

I want the ability to send or receive SMS texts within Teams. This was not possible with Skype for Business but is possible through regular Skype. The addition of this feature would convince more companies and government organizations to fully adopt Teams--especially Operations Centers needing the ability to quickly contact personnel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Favorite / Pinned Contacts on 3PIP Phones

User was on S4B with a Certified 3PIP Phone
    User Used the Favorites Option to Add Contacts/Speed Dials to the Device and/or Expansion Module of the Certified 3PIP Phone
    User Migrates to Teams Only Mode
    Contacts are Imported into Teams Client
    You Can no longer edit the contacts that are favorites/pinned on the 3PIP device.
    I understand that's its not a Teams Device but you can't expect us to upgrade all devices to new desk phones which were just deployed in the last 12 months.

Please make a way to have pinned contacts manageable on the existing 3PIP Phones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A Function that enables the Box for specific teams or users only in Teams

I would like to make Teams and Box collaborate.
    I would like you to allow administrators to enable the Box in cloud storage for specific teams or users only in Microsoft Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a Coexistence Mode - Only Calls in Skype for Business

We are in the journey from Skype for Business on-premise Enterprise Voice to Teams voice. We started by operating in Islands mode (because we didn't know any better/we wanted to introduce the full features of Teams to get buy-in). However, now that we are testing moving users to Teams Only with Phone System, we are finding that because all other users are in Islands mode, calls from the Teams Only users to users still using Skype Enterprise Voice are ringing to the Teams client, not to the users' desk phones or Skype client.

This can be solved by changing the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. copy and paste from Word to Teams works (but slow), but not Teams to Word?

I can copy and paste a word document with text and a graphics to Teams, and that works fine. But I cannot copy and paste the same conversation from Teams back to Word? Teams' user interface needs serious work for consistency among Microsoft's own products. This is SO frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams to act as a PBX when using Direct Routing

It would be nice if Teams would act as a PBX when using Direct Routing and your own PBX and not send everything back down the Direct Routing Trunk to the PBX to handle, IE : Call transfers.

The only time something should come back down to the PBX is if the teams user tries to transfer to an external number on the PSTN. This should send a new invite down the Direct Routing Trunk, and Teams should bridge the call. Not relying on the PBX to do this.

Once a call is made from the PSTN down the Direct…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make document handling between Teams and Outlook easier

Allow to drag documents from the files tab in Teams directly as attachment into an email in outlook (and vice versa).
    While Teams already reduced the number of internal emails a a lot, externally, we work in an environment where emails with attachments are the normal way of communication. Right now, attaching documents from Teams (sharepoint) to emails is so burdensome that it reduces the acceptance and uptake of Teams in our team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Link Between Documents in Team

Be able to provide a link in Teams that will allow you link two documents together and go to a certain section in the document. We currently use Teams and we have 2 documents that provide explanations from certain fields between the documents. It work fine in an offline setting. But Teams doesn't provide this functionality. It is cumbersome in Teams because our document we link to is 47 pages long and the user has to scroll the entire document to get to the section they need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add DM to "Share to Teams" feature

In the new Share to Teams feature users can select from a list of available teams and channels to share to.

It seems natural that if I want to share something I should be able to share it to a specific team member as a direct message rather than a post in a team or channel.

This would be useful for education where teachers could share to speficic students rather than a whole team or channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Google Calendar

I rely on Google Calendar for all of my day-to-day events so right now, I’m having to manually put in my shifts that I’m assigned on Teams. Would be nice to have it sync with my Calendar and maybe even show my supervisor when a shift conflicts with an event on my calendar, similar to Outlook when scheduling a meeting. I’m sure others would benefit from this too? Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better support for working across companies.

I am a one man company. I work with many other companies for a client. We all have different email addresses. Many tools like the whiteboard don't like to work this way. Even messaging doesn't work well across company borders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I love teams. But I'd like to be able to copy messages without the "save"/"like" button getting in the way.

But I'd like to be able to copy messages without the "save"/"like" button getting in the way. I know maybe you're thinking "how often do you copy text messages?", I know in our personal life maybe is not that often but when it comes to work believe me when I say I struggle with this a lot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better converting of old programs

We have excel spreadsheets that usually don’t convert well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add support for sharing with Microsoft To-Do

Having all MS applications; Office 365, I expect them to share data easily between them.

Today if I use the Microsoft To-Do application and choose Share, Microsoft Teams is not a support application. Granted I can copy & paste, but integration between the two apps is expected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. enable the ability to add people to private chat started with external party

when a conversation is started as a 1:1 chat with an external party the option (top right) to add people to the conversation is missing. this is a real problem causing people to end conversations and start a new conversation with an internal user in order to add the external user/s

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Public information needed on Recovery Time Objective and Recovery Point Objective

I would like you to provide public facing articles including details on RTO and RPO for Microsoft Teams in O365 service.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We are looking the ability to interoperability of teams with skype in onprem.

We are looking the ability to interchangeability of teams with skype in onprem. so skype users onprem and teams in Island mode work for with each other for chat/peer-peer call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sharepoint contacts integration

The contacts could appear in Teams if the user is member of a Sharepoint with a contact list.

This can be pretty useful to make Teams the indispensable to day by day work and also really handy. Also integrate the possibility of update it from Teams itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Just play nice with other MS products

For me is amazing how a product developed by Microsoft itself doesn't play nice with basic other product like Office. Shared images can't be copied and paste in PPT. This is just sad.
    Also, it is very sad that every time Teams lost focus and I active the window again, I have to click in the text area to type again in the chat I just left. How you develop this? How your QA team doesn't detect such a basic misbehavior?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need to access to SPO sites even when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app

I would like you to enable to access to SPO sites when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app. If I configured the conditional access on Teams desktop client or mobile app, I receive an error and can’t access to the SPO site when trying to open it from the SPO tab. We can access to the site from Web client on PC as a workaround, but it is inconvenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base