Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Being able to group chats

Being able to group chats into labeled categories.
    Almost how Skype had the groups of contacts, instead you can group chats into custom labels and be able to collapse, instead of having to hide them when the number of chats feel too cluttered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a scoreboard for who admits the most people during a meeting

My idea is purely for fun but it could also provide some satisfaction for the user. I think it would be really great to have a scoreboard that counts who successfully clicks the 'Admit' button during the meeting. I always wonder if my click is the one that lets people in. I have discussed this in a large meeting and we all agreed this would be fun.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to disable automatic DND while presenting

Automatic DND while presenting is neat and all, but not a universal need. The way my work is set up, I need to be available for outside calls, even during some meetings.

I need to be able to turn off this automatic feature in the settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Active Call Controls never hidden

When a call is active, and for whatever reason you pull up other windows on the screen of a desktop the call controls and its window can become hidden or shuffled behind other windows. Causing me to Shuffle around thru my windows a few seconds finding Teams again, opening it up, looking around for a End Call or Mute button, causing me to leave unwanted lengths of voicemails or unintentional recording. It would be helpful to have a Mini call window that is always accessible (visible in the lower screen or where ever you decide to place it), regardless of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to add client to an internatl team conversation w/o them seeing any history, then ability to kick them out when done.

Ability to add client to an internatl team conversation w/o them seeing any history, then ability to kick them out when done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to address a single member of a meeting (classroom) instead of the whole class, but still maintain audio with the main meeting

When a student in my class has a question, but I don't want to address the whole class, I need the ability to address an individual student. This is great for catching up students joining late, but I also need to stay engaged in the classroom in case kids talk. Policy would be to stay in all meetings with kids to monitor activity, etc.

Not a breakout room, but just addressing someone specifically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A button that makes another room

When you go in to a meeting and be the first to get in you should be the admin of the call. And when you are in if there is 5 or more people in the room. There can be a black button on the top of your screen that says. Make rooms and then they randomly put the people in the rooms with anyone. And you have control on if people can mute and unmute. And you can hear what everyone in the room is saying. And there can also be an orange button that says close rooms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to assign different alert tones to certain chats.

My business group has many different group chats and some during certain times are unimportant. So I would like to set different alert tones to each chat such that I know which group is sending the message without actually looking at the chat itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The coordinator of MHpss of Heartlandalliance.international. Organization is training us on the Microsoft team in very bad way (Dwran Jasem)

Actually Dwran Jassim who is the coordinator of MHPSS of Heartlandalliance.international.org in Iraq that training the MHPSS team on Microsoft team was very bad and we didn’t understand anything about the Microsoft team so we are sorry about that and we tell stella which is programming manager but she didn’t do any things.so we are sorry about Microsoft team that we didn’t understand any things

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to be able to add my Outlook Group to a Private Channel within a Team. I am able to add Outlook groups to a Team.

I need to be able to add an outlook group to a MS Team private Channel. I can enter the name of my Outlook Group when I want to add members to a team and then all the members are added. However when I want to add an outlook group to a channel, it does not recognize the name of my group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Planner Tasks 'Verified' tag

In Planner when creating tasks (requirements or stories), it would be useful to add a sign off feature. Once the business verifies a requirement (task) is correct, they should be able to apply a tag beside that item and their name will show. e.g. 'Verified by <NAME>'. Currently we can create a label to show that it is verified but can not display a sign off by a specific person.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Select states for which it is not possible to send messages to us

Having the ability to select states for which it is not possible to send messages to us. For example by inhibiting the "send" button to those who try to write to us as long as we are in that state (eg: on the phone)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Updating doesn't work. I have version 1.3.00.2374 last updated on 9/3/2020. I keep pressing the 'update' button but nothing happens.

What's more, my not updated version 2374 seems to be more up to date than the latest version 18164 (of 9/21/2020) on another computer. Miracles

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please Update 32 bit and 64 bit versions together

Please roll out the 32 bit and 64 bit revisions together.
    De to different platforms, I cannot Request for control while sharing screen with 32 bit version team member.
    Also I liked the new feature of not having the floating bar on screen (with mute, share screens icons etc..).
    on my 64 bit version, that feature is missing. please schedule an update on 64 bit asap.
    Thank you.

Arpan Sadhankar

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Naming tabs

When adding a tab to Teams, it should be possible to set the name for the tab, rather than this being chosen from the app you add. E.g. when a Stream channel to a team, it makes no sense that the channel has the same name as the team, as it might have in Stream. Instead, in context of the team, it should be possible to let the tab say just "Videos".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The clock for sign in & shifts & out is stupid. Whoever designed it has no sense if ux/ui. In escence therea a stop & go on screen at same.

The clock for sign in & shifts & out is stupid. Whoever designed it has no sense if ux/ui. In escence therea a stop & go on screen at same. A simple stoplight makes more sense w gren on clock. Yellow break. Red end shift. Whoever designed that ahould be reassigned to ux/ui class 101.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Audio Enhancement for Musicians/Bands

Thousands of band, chorus, and orchestra directors are teaching music virtually via Microsoft Teams. I would like to have the option to prioritize audio bandwidth, rather than video, and also be given the ability to disable echo cancellation to accommodate music’s broad dynamic ranges. Currently, it is impossible for multiple musicians to unmute themselves and perform together, which means my classes of 50+ students are never going to be able to use this program with more than one person unmuted at a time.
    Lastly, and I'm not sure if this is even possible, but timing for audio seems to be…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make teams as good as zoom

While sharing screen .... entire system freezes
    Teams conference feature does not show all participants in one view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow class notebook pages to be shared across multiple teams

I teach 18 classes and they share the same online lessons, however, they need to be in each separate team. I would like to be able to create a teacher one file that I can then copy into each team. If not then I will have to resort to having everything in files whereas I want it to be a true learning experience. Hopefully this is a simple thing. If you do it, can it be as simple as click and copy to another team please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 2327 2328
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base