Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. skintone thumbs up that matches more than just caucasians

Please consider a feature that allows users to select different skintones that are something other than Caucasians. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. exam mode for assignments

There should be the possibility to have the processing of tasks performed with the start as a exam. With a time limit for editing and automatic backup of the submitted files. Only the teacher can then correct the tasks, the individual students have read-only rights.
    It would be cool to add a computer lock to this feature, such as "take a test" from Windows10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Organizers and Presenters to Toggle On/Off and Restrict Mute/Unmute of Attendees

Currently, an organizer or participant has the control to mute others (particularly attendees) during a video conference, but not the ability to unmute attendees. I understand why this may be an issue in other industries, but as the App is being used for schools, it'd be nice to have that option to toggle mute/unmute.

Additionally, there should be an option for Organizers and Presenters to Disable Attendee Unmuting (but only once we as teachers can scroll through all videos feeds or get a "Notify the Speaker" or "Raise Hand" function for the Attendees) even when the Chat Box is disabled.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please increase the 20 user identity limitation for the PowerShell commandlet Grant-CsUserPolicyPackage -Identity

Now that distant learning is fast becoming ubiquitous, when using PowerShell to add a Teams policy package, there is a limitation of 20 user identities, e.g. Grant-CsUserPolicyPackage -Identity -PackageName Education_PrimaryStudent. I work in education and I had over 4,000 primary students that were given access to Teams. It was necessary to apply the Primary Student policy package to all students, but with a limit of 20 identities, it was a very time consuming process as you can imagine. I think it would be great if the 20 identity limit could be increased or that the commandlet could import a .csv…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Prevent users from joining meeting after it has ended

After a meeting has ended, we'd like the ability for hosts to "delete" or "lock" their meetings so participants cannot join the meeting again once it has ended.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Attachments in calendar invites

Need to be able to attach a document or spreadsheet directly into the meeting invite instead of creating a channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to include chat history when adding someone to a Teams Meeting

Currently, when you add someone to a meeting they will only see chat messages that occur after they are added to the meeting. Please implement a feature for Teams meeting chat similar to the functionality when adding members to an existing group chat that allows you to choose whether or not to include chat history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Place chat entry and send button where the pop up task bar does not hide it!!!!!

Place chat entry and send button where the pop up task bar does not hide it!

This drives me nuts when say outlook pops up an meeting reminder and now i can't type in chat because i can't see the window or send button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fresh whiteboard for recurring meetings

When I have a recurring Teams meeting, I would like to have a fresh whiteboard for each occurrence. Right now, there seems to be only one whiteboard for the entire meeting series. I have to delete all content from the previous meeting to record whiteboard activity for the current occurrence of the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Permitir adicionar mais de um apresentador em reuniões agendadas por canais de equipes.

Quando agendamos uma reunião por Canal, não está disponível a opção de adicionar usuários específicos com função de apresentador.

Com essa função ativada, podemos iniciar a reunião através da equipe de apoio, ou seja um outro usuário que tenha controle como apresentador.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include the "Add a Room" option for Meet Now

By having the "Add a Room" option for both scheduled as well as ad hoc "Meet Now" meetings the user experience would be much more intuitive.

For a user if they know that they can connect to a Teams Room system with the Add a Room button why should it matter if the meeting is scheduled or Ad Hoc.

I should be able to walk into a room that is open and start a Meet Now and then tell the system to connect to the room that I am in. Much easier then starting the meeting and then needing to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the "Copy Join Info" process easier while in a video conference

So my friends, coworkers and I are really starting to embrace Microsoft Teams especially for video chatting. The one big hassle that gets us every time is that we wish it was easier to copy and send the link so others can join the chat live.

Currently you press the link icon (see attached) but rather than simply copying a hyperlink to your clipboard which you can paste in a chat or text, it puts it in this "Join Teams Meeting" and "Learn about Teams" copy (see other attached) which does not paste well in text or web chats. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please integrate with the dictionary/spell check/autocorrections used by the other Office tools.

In the Office 365 apps on my Windows computer, I have added words to my dictionary. In addition, I have created a lot of autocorrections that act like macros (as well as making use of those already defined by default). It would be very helpful if all the places where one types in Teams would recognize words I've added to my dictionary and perform autocorrections for what I've already defined. ...thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export Live Event to Yammer - including recording and unanswered questions

While Live Events generates a Q&A report (.csv file) what do organizations do with it afterwards?

Why not have the ability to post the Stream recording and un-answered Q&A into a Yammer group so that outstanding questions can be noted and answered in Yammer?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pop incoming call UI

On the Teams incoming call pop-up change the color/order of answer/hangup buttons.

The hangup is on the right and red, the answer option is grey and in the middle. A lot of users click hangup by accident

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add option to automatically hold notifications during Teams audio and video calls.

Notifications currently interrupt Teams calls. There should be an option to suppress them when a call is active.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Problemas de notificações mensagens

Quando estou trabalhando com o aplicativo no notebook da empresa e estou com status livre ou ocupado, somente recebo notificações das mensagens no aplicativo do iPhone, sendo que essa função deveria funcionar somente pra status ausente ou off-line. Outro ponto que essas mensagens não aparecem no computador, somente no telefone. O que fazer?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Snap Camera to the available apps and services in Teams

Add the app Snap Camera to available apps and services in Teams. It can be used if it downloaded onto your computer but those of us who are controlled by a System Administrator can not download it because it is not a business tool. Though right now being able to be a potato during a Teams meeting would be a great moral booster!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move "New Message" bar to the top of each channel

Since the message bar appears in the same location in a chat and in a channel, users are using it the same way in both scenarios. This leads to channel posts with replies that aren't linked to it because they are "new messages". It would be more intuitive to imitate the Facebook News Feed by putting the New Message bar at the top of the Posts tab in the channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make active live / video chat separate of main window

make active live / video chat separate of main window; so one can maintain productivity using the app while they are on a generic call etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 1408 1409
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base