Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to output the selected user's history for each user's Call History that can be viewed in the Microsoft Teams Administration Center

The per-user Call History, which can be viewed in the Microsoft Teams Administration Center, can be awkwardly managed if only viewed individually.
    In order to manage whether there is no problem in the other party of the call, the call time, etc. for multiple users, the function to output to one file is necessary.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More Theme Colors

Each team member has a color for their shift. It would be nice if there were more colors. Or if the existing colors had a greater difference between the shades. ie. Yellow and Dark Yellow are too similar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reply to messages. Also I get notifications on my mobile for messages I send on desktop; the **** is that?

Two things.

A feature that telegram and whatsapp have and slack did a ****** job at implementing : replying to a specific message. It's awesome and useful and I don't understand why it's such an ordeal to implement.

A bug: I get a notification on my (Android ) mobile when I send a message from desktop app. It makes no sense.

Also, why no Linux desktop app? ******** Microsoft. My company is making me use your ****** product.

btw, vscode is great, keep up the great work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. メンションをつけてチャット投稿するさいに、自動で「さん」がつくようにして欲しい (Add Japanese honorific 'さん' automatically after @mention)

In Japanese business settings, it is common to put honorific 'さん' after someone's name. It would be useful to have an option to add it automatically after @mention.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Switching Coexistence mode to Skype for Business with Teams Collaboration breaks New Members accessing Files

Our environment is Skype for Business hybrid with 97% of users on-prem. When we switched our co-existence mode to Skype for Business with Teams Collaboration, all of the sudden our users are having problems when a new user is added to a TEAM. This is for an existing TEAM or new TEAM. The user is added to the TEAM, but they cannot view any of the files within the TEAM. They get a permissions error.
    The only way to fix the issue is to have the O365 administrator add the user to the TEAM.
    If we put the user who…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to Globally Turn OFF Channel Deletion

We would like to be able to globally turn off the ability to delete channels. As of right now, after a Team is created, you can go in and uncheck the box to remove members from being able to delete a channel but we would like for this to be automatically turned off when a new Team is created. Otherwise, if the Team creator forgets to do this a member can randomly or accidentality delete any channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom Privacy Policy for Teams recordings

Please make it possible to add a link to a company custom privacy policy for Teams meeting recordings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Melhoria de privacidade no Microsoft Teams

Sugiro que o Teams tenha duas opções:
    1° - Ter a opção de status "offline" ou "invisible" igual ao do Skype.
    2° - Conseguir determinar um status ou bloquear um contato.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move cursor to text box upon clicking "Create a new contact group" or "Add a contact to this group"

When I try to Create a new contact group, or add a contact to a contact group, i generally expect to click that option, then immediately type in the name. Instead, I then need to click inside the text box before typing. This is a bit annoying since I'm trying to add a bunch of contacts to various groups. I'm working in the Windows 10 application

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. auto attendant hour

Provide custom hours for Auto Attendant, on the hour and half past are too restrictive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Able to switch audio device (between PC and mobile phone) during the MS teams meeting

Like to have the ability to switch audio device during the meeting.
    As I could switch audio device from PC to mobile phone anytime I need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Set "do not disturb" flow action

Can you please have a flow action which sets Microsoft Team status as DND (such an action is available for Slack).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Smarter contact suggestions for chat feature.

Many of the suggestions in my chat window are personnel that are no longer employed in the company. Many of whom have not been employed for years. (Many that were not employed with the company before we switched to office365)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. membership exceeds 1000

We have a very large Ambassador Group that just grew to over 1,000 people, but now the Members and guests count shows (0). Can you increase the field to the thousandths place? Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Call in User Identification

Allow a Custom PIN ID to link users name with the phone number they called in on.

So users still do not like using computer audio and mic. Would like an option to link their call-in number with there name rather than having a seprate number listed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Edit member names in Teams

Allow the capability for member names/alias to be modified in Teams either by the Team owner or by the member.

For instance a guest in Teams that has already been added to the tenant and is now added to a new Team will by default be stuck with the naming convention from how they were originally added. Such as Smith.Michael[Corp]@company.com when really you'd like it to show: Michael Smith.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Linking one Team inside another Team, Nesting Teams

I create a Team, let's call it Project X. Inside Project X I have 3 channels, Communication, Execution, and Creation. The Creation channel decides that the channel setup is too limiting, they create another Team that resides INSIDE Project X. Allowing for channels and sub-work groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Click-and-drag speed dial contacts to new group

I would like to see more flexibility in moving Call contacts from one group to another. You should be able to click the drop-down on a contact and Change Group (not have to delete from one group and add to another). Ideally, in the Speed Dial view, you would be able to click-and-drag a contact from one group to another and have the group assignment automatically update in the background.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Website Tab To Access Media Devices (i.e. Microphone, Camera) In Native App

Currently the Website Tab does not allow access to the computer's media devices like the microphone and camera when using the native app. Funny enough they work fine in a Website Tab using the web based version to Teams. Please fix this!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 775 776
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base