Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dial in Phone Number like Zoom

For easier access from overseas agents where data and internet connections might not be as reliable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Using gravatar

Using gravatar for avatar, so we don't need to upload every time everywhere on every application/homepage images

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. one touch dialing

It would be nice if Teams/Skype together with Audio Conferencing would generate a "One Touch" dial in number like Zoom and other providers offer now. This prevents having to enter conference info when dialing in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams gets killed on Mac by updater

At least once a day the Teams app on macOS (10.14.5) gets killed. It suddenly vanishes, and not even a crash report is displayed. Looking at the console logs, I found that this somehow seems to be related to the TeamsUpdaterDaemon (see attached logs).

This may be related to https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33838036-osx-client-updates-app-quits-multiple-times-a-da
    But I decided to open a new bug report, because in my/our case there's no user interaction/dialog that asks for an authorization.

Maybe this wouldn't be that annoying If I only could disable the auto updater - hoping that this would prevent the crashes.

Would be really great to get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams gets killed on Mac by updater

At least once a day the Teams app on macOS (10.14.5) gets killed. It suddenly vanishes, and not even a crash report is displayed. Looking at the console logs, I found that this somehow seems to be related to the TeamsUpdaterDaemon (see attached logs).

This may be related to https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33838036-osx-client-updates-app-quits-multiple-times-a-da
    But I decided to open a new bug report, because in my/our case there's no user interaction/dialog that asks for an authorization.

Maybe this wouldn't be that annoying If I only could disable the auto updater - hoping that this would prevent the crashes.

Would be really great to get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Faster

In a Macbook of 3.000€ is slow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pouvoir être connecté Teams sur son un autre outil sur son ordinateur portable.

Pouvoir être connecté Teams sur son un autre outil sur son ordinateur portable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Embed Code in Wiki Tab Pages

Code blocks for Wiki content, allowing the insertion of code snippets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort search results in mobile app from newest to oldest

When searching on the desktop app, search results are sorted from newest to oldest.

When searching on the mobile app, search results are sorted randomly.

Can the search results be consistent across all platforms?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom chat commands

Creating the ability for owners to create their own keyword response commands is an integral part of how we did business with slack.

Integration with reminders would even expand upon this. We work with a lot of different job codes being in IT, and they change often. Being able to setup a slash command to display the current ones would be extremely beneficial, and setting up a reminder with that command helps our management team not have to remind everyone to do their timesheets.

Beyond this certain things that people don't want to remember but are public "internal" knowledge like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Flashing Task Bar Button for Notifications

Personnally, when a new chat message came in, I don't see the small red round number increased easily. I need something to catch my attention more strongly. Banner or email is not enough for me and some collegues.

What if we can have the task bar button get flashing has it was working on Lync in 2010's approx? This was pretty cool to catch the attention of the user's eye quiclky about something new in a chat...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spell check EVERYTHING

have spell check in ALL locations where typing is allowed. example: notes or comments on assignments,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to customize the contact card in Teams (i.e. add 'assistant' attribute)

Ability to customize the contact card in Teams (i.e. add 'assistant' attribute)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add more flexability with video layout in a meeting

Add better flexability to change video sizes, which screens they show on etc. Also ability to have a set of templates and custom templates for meeting layout that can be chosen by the organiser when setting up a meeting. Add the ability to brand the meeting appearance by adding images, text, banners, web feeds, screen shares, video positions / sizes, which videos show etc. Would be great for presenting to a client if it can be made to look professional!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. To get a chart that shows the tasks assigned for the whole team, not only in the plan.

I have many groups and plans that have many members in common. Yet when I want to know whos busy and whos free I have to go to the plans one by one and check the chart and the schedule that shows only the tasks assigned to the members only in the opened plan.

Adding a feature where I can see the tasks for the whole team in the group or the whole organization in a chart/ schedule will make distributing the tasks among the members much easier and the work more efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notification when Teams is closed

Like Skype, let teams give notification even if it closed. As of now, Teams need to running in the background, otherwise we dont get notification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Full Danish language support for teams application on Crestron Flex

On the Teams application running on a Crestron Flex system, we do not have the Danish language settings applied to all aspects of the MTR application. When starting a skype meeting we do have the Danish language, but starting af teams meeting we do not have Danish, here it falls back to English. We would like to have full Danish language support on all functionality on the application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pop-up notification when message sending has failed

The desktop app has no pop-up notification that the message sending has failed. User can only know once they login back on the mteam site. Terrible user experience. Please, fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 1157 1158
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base