Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications in chat

Allow notifications while in chat with someone. For example, I am using the web app and am in a group chat. I have another window open while working. If someone sends me a message there is no way for me to see I have a message in the group chat. It would be nice if maybe the bottom of the screen would flash or something so I know I have a message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. live event pin video

Now that we can pin a video source in regular Teams meetings, please extend that ability to Live Events as well.

We use Live Events for multi-site staff meetings, however as we start adding multiple locations and multimedia, we're stuck with a video grid or hacky solutions like using OBS to project a cropped version of the desktop to a TV. Being able to pin a video source would fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turning Shifts into a sharable calendar

I use apple calendar across all my devices. Now the company I work for is using the Shifts app in teams to give us our working schedule. It would be awesome if we were able to have it exported into our calendars. This would allow users to look at their work schedule and other personal events at the same time and plan accordingly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete messages and Team activity

Please make a way to delete team activity. I deleted the Team but ALL the activity remained. Please help!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. mindmaps

We want MS Teams to support collaboration with Mindmaps.
    Mindmaps is an excellent way to collaborate when you have to solve a problem, do something or create a new product. It would we sad if we had to use another tool for this when we already collaborate using Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tabbed Chats

It would be great to see chats in a more compact way. It takes the whole screen now and it very clunky.
    It would be great to separate chats by individuals or groups instead of all in the list. Also notifications pop up but if you miss it when you go back to the list, there is no notification or tag to show who it was that messaged you so you have to click into each one until you find the new message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Spark Connector

Have an Adobe Spark connector set up, allowing the various Spark creations (page, video, post) to be embedded as a tab in a Team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chat only with available members of a team

I would like the ability to chat only with available members of the team with out having to scroll through the list to see who is there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams Mobile Camera App

When I take a photo using my mobile phone through OneDrive, the image is saved to my OneDrive and not on my phone. When I take a picture using the Teams mobile camera app, it does get saved to my phone and therefore poses potential security risks. Is this something that is being looked at?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Downloading/uploading files: Outlook-Teams

Why is it not possible to drag and drop attachments from Outlook directly into Teams? I have to drag them onto my desktop and then into Teams, which seems like a waste of time. Outlook and Teams should be able to drag files across to one another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. tabs

When users open documents they should then become accessible via tabs, perhaps on the side bar, to enable users to switch between different documents more easily within the Teams app (similar to a browser). This should also work across channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Many Ideas!

Allow files in the private section to be viewed on mobile.
    Give OneNote access through teams app for mobile.
    Allow parental access.
    Allow the option of a paper hand in on the assignments tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Caller id policy to forward to external number

Please allow us to forward all incoming voice calls to an external number (a number not in Microsoft). This would only be for calls coming in that are calling a voice phone number...we want those calls to be directed to our company's current 1 800 number instead of reaching the specific user the voice number is assigned to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Caller ID show as external number

Please allow users to set the caller id on outgoing voice calls to be a number outside of Microsoft. We want to set the caller id to be our company's current 1 800 number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can we develop shifts that can be repeated

We build our schedule every 6 weeks, all staff are on track ( 3 12 hour shifts per week). The shifts are the same each week. Example
    Week 1 m,w,f Week 2 s, th,f
    if we can have a DRAFT schedule to populate the tracks we can then post them once populated. Copying the current schedule does not work due to swaps, added shifts etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. My shifts are disappearing

My shifts are disappearing periodically off of my screen for one day on desktop but can be viewed on phone app? For example, Saturday night shift one day is present and one day is gone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Move bolded channels (with updates or activities) to the top of channel list

When a update or change as been added to a channel, it currently becomes bold. It would be great if it moved to the top of my channels list so I can know I have an update. Many of my channels are "hidden" due to the # of channels I have. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I can not use the airpods in microsoft teams there is some restriction with the device

I can not use the airpods in microsoft teams there is some restriction with the device

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 1091 1092
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.