Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hide a pinned channel

If you've pinned a channel, you should have an option to hide it down below. If you're scrolling past your pinned ones (the most important), to see whatever other random stuff going on, why take up space to scroll through re-showing you the channels you've got pinned?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get a URL to a private channel

You should be able to get a link to a private channel and conversations within it - for those times you want to send to someone else who's in the channel (but probably has it buried) or you want to create reminder for yourself to follow-up on something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. CVM: Voicemail sent to Outlook should show caller ID in FROM field

When Microsoft Cloud Voicemail sends a voicemail to an Exchange Online mailbox, it puts the caller's E.164 formatted phone number in the email's FROM field.

It puts the "caller ID" text (aka the persons name) at the bottom of the email message body with a "tel:" URL for click to call.

It should put the caller ID text in the email's FROM field so it's easy to tell who it's from.

This is how EUM handled it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow teams to detect primary users voice ..and cut down or nullify other background voices and noises

Allow teams to detect primary users voice (maybe train the app by making primary user read several paragraphs)..and cut down or nullify other background voices and noises .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto unmute when Teams senses a speaker is speaking on mute

Use AI to sense when a person is speaking and auto unmute that person. Have a setting so people can choose to have this on or off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to see everyone while sharing your screen or in PPT presenter mode

Unable to read the room when presenting as an example provides a poor experience. Perhaps a second window that we can split the screen with or expand on a second monitor is we have one. Please allow for an additional window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why dont you let people set/ change background like what they can do on their phones?

Why dont you let people set/ change background like what they can do on their phones?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams invite link to outside organization - it should give option for user to open in Google Chrome.

Teams invite link to outside organization - it should give option for user to open in Google Chrome. Saferi browser does not work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow us to set our status to stay the same for an allotted time, instead of automatically synching to our calendars

Many times when I am working but nothing is scheduled on my calendar it will automatically set my teams status to "out of office" or "offline" which makes me looks like I am not working, even though it is that I don't have appointments on my MS calendar. This is a bad look for Corporate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. calendar view for the month like Outlook

Customize the Calendar for the Month/Year, etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Microsoft Teams is AWFUL!

Microsoft teams is a huge step back from Skype. You can set DND, but anyone and I mean anyone can message you. So you cannot work in peace or present a meeting. It might as well just say available all the time as it's indifferent. It goes to away automatically after just 5 mins. even if I am sitting there running a file and right there, right there.. it thinks I am not.. goes to away. Let us not forget we cannot just close out or delete a message, no no. You can delete individual lines you sent only one…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show my mic level indicator while in meeting.

Show my mic level right next to my name in a little level indicator so I know if my mic is on and at a proper level when talking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 茄汁膠蛇狗陰道

ฟิลลิป คาซาล

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow notifications while in a meeting without appearing as Available

There should be an option or ability to appear as busy/in a meeting in Teams, but still continue to receive notifications from certain/all Teams. This is helpful in making sure, for example, that you can respond to an urgent message/event in a Teams chat (which may not be directed to you, but you should still be aware of), but prevent people from thinking you're available/not busy to message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. virtual backgrounds for Chromebook and way to set permanently

there are like 10 similar ideas asking for permanent automatic setting. And hopefully it works for web and chromebooks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide an option to be Remote or In Office

Provide some type of option like Remote or In Office Location that indicates whether you are in the office or working remotely. This could even be an automated option that admins can control by IP ranges. This might be a separate setting than Status but would still be VERY useful - especially with so many folks working in and out of the office.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More video sharing options

Provide a way for the headset video to be the user's video feed without taking over screen sharing for the entire meeting. This would allow multiple headsets and multiple video streams to be viewed simultaneously. This would also allow headset video to be viewed concurrently with another participant's screen sharing session.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  RealWear  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 1988 1989
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base