Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio and Video call on every browser

Now just Edge support audio and video calls. Making Teams work on all main browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) should be a priority . I need Teams to work with all my customers and I can't force them to install software on their machines.

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It's distracting to get a chat message when a meeting has started or ended

This should be a notification option that you can turn off. Currently you see a chat item for your attention. You go to it only to see that the meeting you just started, or just ended, started or ended. You already know that, and the notification is just wasting your time.

259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    in testing  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still in testing. No additional details are available at this time.

-Warren

3. Ability to check call quality ahead of calls/meetings

Skype for Business has a way to check your call quality so you can hear how you sound. Teams really needs this as well. I've had a few calls where I can hear the audience clearly, however they say my audio quality is poor.

I'd like the ability check and see how I sound before I join a Teams meeting or make a call.

270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tag for status updates

Skype for Business supports tagging for status updates. It's a really buried feature, but one that is really helpful when trying to get in touch with someone. Would love to make this more easily available in Microsoft Teams to be better able to catch people as they become available (e.g. know when they come in in the morning, when they finish their current meeting, etc.).

673 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate with Windows 10 notification center

Use Windows 10 notification center for notifications

2,218 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
    thanks

1,582 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notification when a team call starts

When someone calls you from a chat it's very obvious, you get a little pop up window which notifies you.

However when someone starts a meeting within a team it's far less obvious - could we have the same sort of banner/notification as a chat call?

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    in testing  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is now in the testing stages! I hope to have an ETA date soon.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.