Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the full screen option during Screen Sharing and Meetings

Why did Teams remove the full screen Option during Screen Sharing and Meetings? This was an option before and now it's been replaced by "Focus" which DOES NOT do the same thing. Now ever time someone share their screen with me, I have to squint at what they're showing. The Focus option does nothing. We used to be able to full screen shared screens and see everything at the proper size. It is unprofessional of Microsoft to keep removing and changing useful features without any notice.

1,664 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

239 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make public channel private

It would be nice to convert some of our already established channels to private now the feature is available in the same way it may be desired to de-classify a private channel to public at some point too.

Currently a channel privacy can only be set during creation.

8,227 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

884 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The team has reviewed this request and has added it to our backlog for both Standard (Public) to Private and Private to Standard (Public) channel conversion. We will share an update as soon as it’s available.

3. Add an option to disable auto-adjusting mic level

When on the call the Teams will automatically adjust the mic sensitivity level. I want it to stay at the same level. It's really annoying as it picks up background sounds when not talking. Also, it doesn't readjust it after the call, so i.e. if I had set level 50% before the call the Teams will readjust it to 80% and it will stay at 80% after the call has ended. This forces me to keep manually adjusting the mic level. It's a minor thing, but really infuriating. Would be really great, to just have a checkbox to disable mic…

4,311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

875 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Convert Private Channel to Public Channel

Its good that Private channels are introduced in MS Teams. Can we have a option to convert a private channel to public channel.

Thanks & Regards,
    Bhanu

3,275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

264 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The team has reviewed this request and has added it to our backlog for both Private to Standard (Public) and Standard (Public) to Private channel conversion. We will share an update as soon as it’s available.

5. Move or turn-off selfview in a Teams Meetings

The self view is always static in the bottom right-hand corner of a Teams meeting. This is often distracting and can also get in the way of the screenshare.

-Add option to toggle off/on self-view
    -Add option to move self-view to other locations on the screen

4,188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

642 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SharePoint list search from a tab

When you add a SharePoint list as a tab, there is no way to search the list. Makes long lists unusable. I have many SharePoint lists that I could add a tabs for my users, but lack of a search feature is keeping me from being able to do this.

305 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

2,205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

491 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Room - Hide local HDMI content

We would like the ability to stop sharing HDMI content plugged into our Teams Room system without needing to disconnect the HDMI cable from the device. We're demoing both the Crestron and Logitech solutions and both have this behavior. When an HDMI device is plugged in to the system, the content shares automatically to the display. You can hit stop presenting and it will stop sharing the content, until you start a Teams meeting. Once the meeting is started, the HDMI In content shows on the in room display over all camera feeds from remote participants. You can show thumbnails…

388 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Expand Close Captioning

Offer close captioning on regular, one on one calls, not just through group meetings

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! As announced at Ignite, we are making enhancements to Teams Calling by bringing some of the popular features in Meetings to 1:1 calls, including Live Captions. We will has an update as soon as one is available.

10. MS Teams Meeting Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able to delegate the organizer role so that someone else can reschedule the meeting during my absence. For instance for Executive Assistants or PTO.

7,904 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

854 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Invite entire team to meeting

Not sure when this changed, but it's no longer possible to invite an entire team to a meeting. Hosting in the general channel allows anyone to join the meeting, but no one receives an actual invite alerting them that the meeting exists.

723 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Guest registration for live events

We have trouble introducing the live events feature if not every attendee is known. A solution would be, that additionally to the live event option "organization wide (registration required)" potential external viewer could register for the event, similar to the "Guest" registration for a team. So we can invite internal and external users and ensure that every viewer is known with name and email.

2,595 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

265 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

797 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams places current Call on hold when screen sharing

I call my colleagues using the "Calls" tab in Teams. I am calling their desk phone, which is a land line. Each colleague of mine has their own direct land line number. I use Teams Calls to speak with them. I then wish to share my screen with them, so I find them on the Chat tab, and initiate a screen-share. This immediately places my Teams Call on hold. This is clearly by design, and it is a flaw. We need to be able to share our screens regardless of any other Teams activity. Skype for Business did this flawlessly.…

671 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Guest user in Shifts

Would like to add guest users in Shifts as they work alongside other team members.

608 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Live Events Mute/Unmute Participants for Q&A

Allow the producer to unmute/mute participants if they ask a question. So the experience could be, a person asks a question in Live Events, the Producer selects them and announces "We have a question from Bob" and then unmutes Bob and allows Bob to verbally ask his question.

734 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is c

For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is configured in one language but it doesn't mean that all my meetings in Teams will be in that language and that others can read my default language. (At least Skype for Business had an option to use Outlook's language or optionally English)

1,236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "all monitors" desktop sharing option like Skype client

"All monitors" desktop sharing option missing from Teams

Desktop sharing in Teams includes sharing 1 monitor OR sharing 1 app... in Skype for business client there is also sharing "All Monitors". When used, a presenter with two monitors will present a view showing both monitors in one window. The viewer can see both of the presenters screens in the one window. They can view this on one monitor or stretch this window across two monitors to make it much bigger and easier to see.

2,967 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

341 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

775 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  42 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable Remote control for external contacts(Guests) when you share your screen

Right now, if you have a Meeting with someone that is not part of your Tenant, you only can share your screen to present what are you seeing at your screen; but if you want that the guest could take remote control of your screen this cannot be performed.

Please enable remote control for external contacts (Guest) in order to use Teams instead of Join.me or Teamviewer

340 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base