Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have end users change participant settings (lobby settings) for Teams meetings

Just like with Skype for Business have a setting that allows our end users to change the participant settings for Teams Meetings as described here for Skype for Business: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-participant-settings-for-skype-for-business-meetings-9175e297-de5f-43b2-8e0f-85cc05e24986

404 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

52 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Presence should be 'real-time'.

Having presence delays of up to 4 minutes makes presence largely useless. Having to resort back to typing 'are you free now' after calls, because I can't tell if they are still in the meeting, or have started another meeting or call. Or trying to call somebody and get rejected and a message saying "I'm in a call"

385 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio conferencing not letting attendees into the teams meeting Unless they are authenticated by the Teams app

We have been experiencing a bit of a problem since last week and honestly at this point I am not really sure whether it has to do with some of the new teams policy features in teams or it is actually a tech. problem.

Basically as of last week when a user creates a meeting (with dialins) in the Teams addon in Outlook and he/she tries to join the meeting as the meeting host via phone the other invitees are just stuck in the lobby forever, as if the host never joined.

On the other hand, when the host joins…

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two parts to this topic:

1) Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby —> We are working on it and we’ll update as we get closer to completion

2) Admit from lobby for PSTN: Organizer having ability to admit PSTN attendees from the lobby, when the organizer has joined via PSTN with a PIN. – This is in the backlog, to be worked on after #1.

4. Shifts: Time Clock

Add the time clock feature from StaffHub to help administrators and supervisors keep track of hours and personnel

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate Presence in Outlook contacts from Teams

Whenever Team is running the presence should show on the Outlook contacts. When composing emails and adding users, it should show the presence of Team. It currently works only for skype for business.

673 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import Shifts schedule from Excel/CSV

Shifts already has export schedule in UI. It would be great to have a option to import schedule as well, so it could be prepared in a external (legacy) system and then easily imported using UI, without need to develop code for upcoming Graph API.
    This would also make possible to create a shift "template" that could be easily uploaded to new Shifts / groups.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Proper MSI Installer for VDI

The recent MSI installer isn't really what people are asking for. It doesn't actually install to program files. It just puts an installer in program files which then installs to the users app data. This doesn't work for me at all.

In a non-persistent VDI environment the application has to install on every login (unless I roam appdata/local which I don't want to do). This isn't the end of the world as it's fairly quick but the problem comes when you also use Yammer. Yammer has the same weird install method and when both teams and yammer try to install…

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  11 comments  ·  VDI Platfom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copying text - hovering menu hides the end of the text

When copying text from a message, the ending of the message is hidden by the "More Options" hover.

1,092 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

286 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The team is still working on this fix, as part of a larger design change. Given internal feedback, it has been decided the current design isn’t ready for primetime.

In the meantime, someone discovered that triple clicking will actually select all of the text. I know we want the real fix, but thought I’d share.

Thanks for your patience.

9. Support for Private Channels

Looking for the ability to create a channel that only channel members can see. Private channels are available in slack. There is an admin for private channels who is the creator, and they are the ones who add/remove users.

Five types of public/privacy that is being asked for by users:

- Public-Open (visible anywhere including outside the org and anyone can join)
    - Public-Invitation (visible anywhere including outside the org, must be invited)
    - Company-Open (only visible inside the org and anyone in the org can join; outside the org must be invited)
    - Company-Invitation (only visible inside the org,…

20,354 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1692 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create teams meeting from calendar using OWA

When using calendar on OWA, there is no way to create a Microsoft Teams meeting. You need to create it from Microsoft Teams instead.

Please add the functionality to create a meeting from Calendar using OWA

218 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The OWA team has added a “Teams meeting” toggle in the new meeting item, as a preview feature. If you’d like to try it out, please turn on ""the new Outlook" toggle in the upper right corner. We’ll set this to completed once it’s fully released by the OWA team.

Thanks!

11. Guest access should be implemented at the Channel level

Once I enabled guest access on the tenant I can enable guest access to a team, but I can't give guest access to a single channel. There should be a way to do this as I will now need to create a guest team and an internal team when I share teams with customers.

1,359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Still in the works, no additional details are available yet.

-Warren

12. I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
    I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
    We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
    This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but…

9,022 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

753 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shifts migration from Staffhub

Show us how to import all our schedules from StaffHub to Shifts

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better visual delineation between `Reply` and `Start a new conversation`

It's very confusing to new users that there is a difference between replying to an existing conversation and starting a new one within a channel. This is a visual thing as much as anything else. The 'reply' buttons are not naturally attractive if you just want to start typing a message. There should be a logical gap between the bottom of a conversation and 'start a new conversation'. 'Start a new conversation' needs to be separated visually, as if it's a second order command rather than a first order...reply.

2,571 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

339 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

690 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

145 comments  ·  Admin Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This item is still in the works, no new details to share yet.
    -Warren

17. Teams needs a REAL Calendar!

Would love to have a Calendar to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

The calendar could be a tab in a channel (so then you could have multiple calendars in one team) or could be an icon on the left app bar, instead of "Meetings" which is helpful to no one.

Could also be helpful to add a way for us to add a SharePoint Team calendar.

3,388 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Sorry for the delay on an update on this one! I’m hunting down the status for you and will update once I have it.

Also, if you are interested in participating in testing or surveys for this, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Suphatra

18. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

631 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

19. Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

9,675 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

835 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m so happy to share an update with you! The feature team has let me know that they are working hard at this and are aiming for a spring time release.

Please comment below if you might be interested in testing or TAP, and include the industry, company size, and location of your org. We would likely want to hit a very wide range of demographics.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

20. Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
    1. Number of users enabled
    2. Number of daily active unique users
    3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
    4. Number of teams created
    5. Number of teams deleted
    6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
    7. How many calls made in Teams
    8. Number of files shared in channels
    9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

1,162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Admin Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your support of the product. This request was particularly helpful and we appreciate your engagement in the surveys, comments and forum to help us design this feature. Please continue to submit ideas!

For this item, we’re making great progress. It has now entered TAP validation with a small group of tenants. Will let you know how that goes!

-Suphatra

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base