Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. multiple admins for breakout rooms

in situations where more than 1 person is managing/admining a meeting the meeting organizer should be able to "promote" participants to meeting admin to manage Breakout Rooms

3,903 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

576 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prepare meeting breakout rooms

As a creator of a meeting I want to prepare my breakout rooms before the meeting gets started. So i already assigned people to rooms before the meeting is going to start.

When the meeting is in progress i Only need to open the rooms.

Next to that you want to send documents directly from the main room to the breakout rooms

797 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Poor performance on Windows

The system takes a lot of the computer resources and slows down the overall performance of the pc

1,299 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

181 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. Our performance team is working on improving the overall performance of the Windows client. We expect to see performance jumps in the latest version of Electron rolling out (Electron 10).

4. Allow iPad/iOS/Android users to change their background on a Teams call

At the moment iPad/iOS/Android users cannot change their background during a MS Teams call. It would be great if we get that functionality available for all users so we can use theme backgrounds during meetings.

1,809 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

473 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The background replacement feature for iOS is currently being tested internally. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

The feature team is also working on adding background replacement support for Teams calls and meetings on Android. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

For the separate feature ask for Android background blur, please track and upvote https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/40203496.

5. Assign Custom background to entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal

Assign Custom background to a entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal
    This would include the ability to upload a custom Company approved custom Teams meeting background uploaded and optionally set as default background for all users.

1,643 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

217 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams meeting lobby - allow "selected people" to bypass lobby

With the new "Only me" option for bypassing the lobby, this puts huge onus on organisers who might not normally expect to attend a meeting but where the meeting has a requirement to hold particpants int eh lobby.

For example ...

Person A sets up a MS Teams meeting that we will use to teach a random group of students about a topic. Person A sets the lobby to "only me" and invites person B as a "presenter". They also invite 100 random students.

On the delivery day Person A arrives and admits person B from the lobby shortly before…

786 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Expand emojis to reflect the diversity of ethnicity, gender, sexuality and disability of your user base

Emoji set is limited and almost exclusively white and male. This doesn't reflect the make up of most modern workplaces and certainly doesn't reflect the make up of your global user base.

831 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 533 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add live voting and polling to Teams Live Events

With other platforms, you can ask participants to vote and or answer polling questions during the meeting/event. I would like to see functionality such as that available in Teams Live Events (and actually in regular meetings too).

3,932 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

180 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. blur background on teams on android

please bring an option to blur our videos on mobile meeting in teams as well....

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reliability issues: crashing, hanging, freezing

Literally Teams will crash 5 or 6 times a day. Hugely annoying and unproductive.

905 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

353 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. The team is actively working on the performance of Teams, and have made some small improvements around crashing, reliability, hanging and freezing. We will share updates as soon as they are available.

12. Real-time translation feature for Teams meeting

It would be great that Teams could implement a real-time translation for conversations in a meeting and captioning feature like the Presentation Translator add-in for PowerPoint. This feature would be useful to have a Teams meeting with users in other countries.

1,535 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

237 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Optimize Media (Video) during Screen Sharing

Video should be optimized during screen sharing. Participants always received a "stopmotion-like" or dropped frames video.This greatly affect my teaching as I need to share video reference to my students for case study.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable sharing of System Audio from Mac client during Teams Live Events

I note that you have just delivered the ability to share System Audio from Windows during Teams Live Events. Please consider adding the same capability for Mac users of Teams.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Poor performance on MacOS

I can't use teams with out it lagging severely. When I go and look at the processes running, It always looks like the 'helper' is taking up crazy amounts of CPU and it lags out the application to the point of it almost being unusable.

I've tried closing the application, rebooting, re-installing, checking for updates, etc.. nothing works.

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.2

1,776 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

502 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We are continually looking to bring performance boosts to the Mac Client, including improvements with Electron 10 that are releasing. We are also aggressively addressing other areas of performance around the Mac client

16. Shifts - Date localisation

Ability to localise dates - In at least AU and UK we use DD/MM - its becomes confusing quickly when half the dates are in local and the other half are in US format

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  30 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Breakout rooms - Norwegian translation in Teams

Hello! The word "avslapningsrom" is not right. What about "grupperom" instead? Avslapningsrom means a room to relax in.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Meeting Recording Guest Access

Guests invited to meetings currently cannot view meeting recordings. All meeting invitees should be able to access the meeting recording.

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keep Tab in Memory when Switching to Chat / Other Tab - Prevent Loss of Edits, Files, Login credentials

Issue Summary:
    Switching from a Tab to Chat / Teams / Other Tabs causes the Tab to close, causing you to have to reopen the Tab (actually having to navigate to it again inside the team). This will reload the tap and all content before the Switching will be lost.

Issues:
    1. Tabs open in Team gets reset - when switching between Teams in Team View
    2. Tabs reload - when switching between Chat and Team View
    3. Content (edits, files etc) on Tab gets lost (Happens both for to Issue 1 and 2)
    4. It makes you re-sign-in to…

1,257 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

209 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filter Call History

For us and our customers it would be helpful to be able to filter the results in the call history. At the moment, this list is just getting longer and longer. So, I'd like to be able to sort and filter by type (incomming, outgoing, missed), date or source/destination number.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base