Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shan Keyboard in windows 10 it's doesn't work for typing

Dear, Microsoft team.
    I would like to inform you the windows 10 already have found the Shan keyboard (Symbol), but just only Burmese tying. We are having some difficulties for our Shan language on it.
    Therefore, in windows 10 keyboards just only the name of Shan, but the language is in Burmese. We all Shan people need your team to support and creating for us with Shan Keyboard and Shan language the correction with both of them.
    If you need information from us, Please, let us know we are looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    With Regard

836 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  283 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Praise images please

We would like to be able to upload our own images so that we can praise staff using our praise/values identity.

This would assist us to move from other communications tools which currently have this functionality.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

678 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. URL shortener for Teams

When using the "get link" option in teams it would be better to have an embedded link shortener. Pasting the link in email looks terrible.

729 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

5. Shifts - Date localisation

Ability to localise dates - In at least AU and UK we use DD/MM - its becomes confusing quickly when half the dates are in local and the other half are in US format

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please include Kannada language in immersive Reader,

We have lot of students in Karnataka, India who use Kannada as their mother tongue and learn and use microsoft applications, it would be helpful to all the children, mainly who hails from rural background

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hawaiian language support

We would like MS to support the Hawaiian language in Teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. como hago para eliminar las conversaciones

en el mismo icono de actividad.,debería haber la opción de poder eliminar la conversacion

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spell check in muliple languge

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

371 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  60 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to disable voice calls on mobile app

Now that we have moved voice from Skype for Business to Teams, and since I am part of a response group; I need a way how to disable voice calls on the mobile app. When I receive call to the response group, my mobile phone also rings. If I ma using my computer there is no need for my mobile phone to ring.
    We use Teams mobile to always be in the loop regarding company matters, It would be nice to have a feature to disable all incoming calls on the mobile app.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  38 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Microsoft Teams download banner / popup needs to be removed

When a user in the Office 365 environment wants to use the web version http://teams.microsoft.com, a popup message is visible at the upper area with a prompt to install the client version:
    “Want an even faster, more collaborative experience? Download the desktop app.” By several given security compliance requirements in big IT environments, the users shouldn’t be able to install any additional software at their PCs. This popup is confusing the web-only Teams user and also it makes the software deployment team nervous.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share live location

I really like the location feature in 2016 Business Skype. It know when I move between my two facilities at work and it also remembers my home location. This should be a feature in Microsoft Teams.

Dale

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  24 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Specific search

Search inside specific chats with other people and the ability to jump to the message so that the surrounding messages can be read and not just that message.
    not all searches can be pinpointed like a phone number. I remember the context but not the specific message. I can find the message in the general search then have to go into that chat and scroll to that date. Searching within a specific chat with another individual would be much more useful than searching all my chats.

508 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team. No additional news to share at this time.
    -Warren

15. Allow for explicit Connector configuration (not possible in MS Teams because of O365 Groups drawbacks in this area

Allow for explicit Connector configuration (not possible in MS Teams because of O365 Groups drawbacks in this area)

Currently if you don't set Connetors in O365 Groups via powershell command to disabled you would have it fully open in O365 Groups.

The MS Teams app suffers from this drawback because you cannot allow Connectors. On the MS Teams admin console it looks like one could control Connectors, but if you get the deeper dependency to O365 Groups and that the Setting there is "oversteering" MS Teams, you see all granularity is not helping you with Connectors.

On Enterprise Level this…

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add better support for full room cameras

We use this camera in our conference room: https://www.owllabs.com/. It is designed to show a 360 degree view and also focus on the speaker(s). When Teams does its own resizing of the video, it often cuts off portions of the view from this camera. It would be nice to force teams to always show the full perspective from this camera (even if it is resized smaller). It would also be nice to set this as a "primary" camera in the meeting, so that it is not resized smaller.

276 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  35 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Meeting Minutes Tool

It would be great to have the ability to have a meeting minutes tool included in OneNote that documents who is saying what and logs all of the conversations in chat, saves a recording, and has a file share library associated to each meeting, then it can be filed with other meetings or projects so everything is in one place.

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. moving a document breaks link

When we are sorting out our filing system in files, creating new folders to move and tidy up our document's this changes the location of the document and breaks any links you have previously sent to users also the link in the conversations. This is extremely unworkable for our organisation, we need to be able to upload and move documents. keeping the integrity of any previous links sent. For example if you attach a document to a channel, this does not go into a folder it just sits in files, when links are sent round for this document they are…

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  40 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sound is too low and other sound problems

VOLUME:

The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS:

Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.
    In addition – on commercial skype you could actually set sound notification channel or chat by channel or chat. Some things you want the bing – others it…

1,638 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

303 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review. I’ll keep following up with the feature team and sharing all your feedback.

-Warren

20. Assigning a non-member to a task in planner adds them to the Team

If you assign a person a task in planner who isn't a member of the team, they automatically get added to the team. There is a message which says non-member but I don't think this is clear enough.

There should be another warning/pop up telling the user that if they assign a task to someone not on the team they will get added to the team. This is a security concern!

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.