Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow upload of pre-recorded video

It would be great to upload a pre-recorded video such as a or town hall. This would allow producers to switch between the pre-recorded content and the live component.
    It would also allow people to use Live Events for webinars with better production value as they could record the content beforehand and then be available to answer Q&A live.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Praise images please

We would like to be able to upload our own images so that we can praise staff using our praise/values identity.

This would assist us to move from other communications tools which currently have this functionality.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. como hago para eliminar las conversaciones

en el mismo icono de actividad.,debería haber la opción de poder eliminar la conversacion

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

1,099 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. URL shortener for Teams

When using the "get link" option in teams it would be better to have an embedded link shortener. Pasting the link in email looks terrible.

1,173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

7. Shan Keyboard in windows 10 it's doesn't work for typing

Dear, Microsoft team.
    I would like to inform you the windows 10 already have found the Shan keyboard (Symbol), but just only Burmese tying. We are having some difficulties for our Shan language on it.
    Therefore, in windows 10 keyboards just only the name of Shan, but the language is in Burmese. We all Shan people need your team to support and creating for us with Shan Keyboard and Shan language the correction with both of them.
    If you need information from us, Please, let us know we are looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    With Regard

839 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  284 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

453 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  56 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Turn off message preview in notification toast

Currently, when I receive a message, a preview of this message is displayed in the notification toast. As we will be using Teams at work, it would be great for privacy if I had the option to turn off these previews, so the notification toast will just say "New Message from XY"

940 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Share live location

I really like the location feature in 2016 Business Skype. It know when I move between my two facilities at work and it also remembers my home location. This should be a feature in Microsoft Teams.

Dale

495 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  47 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to disable voice calls on mobile app

Now that we have moved voice from Skype for Business to Teams, and since I am part of a response group; I need a way how to disable voice calls on the mobile app. When I receive call to the response group, my mobile phone also rings. If I ma using my computer there is no need for my mobile phone to ring.
    We use Teams mobile to always be in the loop regarding company matters, It would be nice to have a feature to disable all incoming calls on the mobile app.

494 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  62 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please include Kannada language in immersive Reader,

We have lot of students in Karnataka, India who use Kannada as their mother tongue and learn and use microsoft applications, it would be helpful to all the children, mainly who hails from rural background

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hawaiian language support

We would like MS to support the Hawaiian language in Teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Teams download banner / popup needs to be removed

When a user in the Office 365 environment wants to use the web version http://teams.microsoft.com, a popup message is visible at the upper area with a prompt to install the client version:
    “Want an even faster, more collaborative experience? Download the desktop app.” By several given security compliance requirements in big IT environments, the users shouldn’t be able to install any additional software at their PCs. This popup is confusing the web-only Teams user and also it makes the software deployment team nervous.

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  51 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Compact mode

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

12,627 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1396 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add location AD to search capability

Currently in Skype you can search for individuals by location from AD, then you can select a user based a search results. Very helpful to find individuals at a specific location and/or department -- would like to see this feature enabled in Teams. Currently you have to know exactly who you are trying to IM in advance.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mulitple timezones in Meetings Tab

My team is in multiple timezone. Therefore it would be great if I could see another timezone next to mine in the Meetings Tab, just like I can in Outlook.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add better support for full room cameras

We use this camera in our conference room: https://www.owllabs.com/. It is designed to show a 360 degree view and also focus on the speaker(s). When Teams does its own resizing of the video, it often cuts off portions of the view from this camera. It would be nice to force teams to always show the full perspective from this camera (even if it is resized smaller). It would also be nice to set this as a "primary" camera in the meeting, so that it is not resized smaller.

377 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  45 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Block specific phone numbers.

Block specific phone numbers.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow the navigation bar, once edited to show different apps, to stay that way.

The navigation bar now allows users to change which apps appear at the bottom, and which will appear once the navigation bar is swiped up. Each time the app is closed, the navigation bar resets to the apps already chosen by Microsoft.

It's infuriating and no matter how many times it gets changed, it will change back to the original settings.

Shifts should already be a standard on the navigation bar. It makes it very difficult for new users to understand and they tend not to know how to access Shifts until it is too late as there is no…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback. My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. I apologize for the bad experience and wanted to address your concerns below:
    1. Navigation bar resets: this should not happen and the configuration of your “app tray” should not change. Can you please report a problem and add a screenshot if possible?
    2. The admin of your company can create app policies that create the default view for your team on mobile and web. She/he can make sure that the Shifts app is pinned and visible for new users. More info can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-app-setup-policies
    3. Notification – We support basic Shifts notification (unless the user disabled them on her mobile phone) so I wanted to know what is the use case that you refer to exactly. Do you expect to see notification of a shift that…

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base