Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic Mute Notifications When On Video or Audio Call

Automatically mute all Teams notifications when on a video or audio conference call. Mute all notifications that are outside the conference call itself.

510 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reposition the control bar

allow the user to change the position of the control bar. It is positioned right where screen sharing occurs and you can't see the entire screen share

2,891 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

551 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full Teams Client API including Call Control

Microsoft Teams should have completed Client APIs so that third party apps can be created to fill specific needs.

This API should allow call control of the Microsoft Teams application. Necessary call control features include:
    • dial/call
    • call answer
    • hang-up
    • hold/off hold
    • call transfer (all types: blind, consult, safe)
    • add participant
    • mute/unmute
    • park/unpark
    • call as a delegate
    Some general features include:
    • search contacts
    • get contact presence
    • get contact list folders/contacts
    • setup contact list folders/contacts
    • get/set my presence
    • get/set my note
    • get/set my delegates
    • get/set…

1,964 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Default switched on versioning on Microsoft Lists in Microsoft Teams

I suggest that versioning should be switched on by default for Lists as most end users don't know the SharePoint back end and won't think of switching it on.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search by City Name / Location

People still using Skype becose this simples function to search by City Name or location is not added on Microsoft Teams.

1,510 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

361 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

1,245 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

147 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PSTN for Live Event Audio

Allow live event audience members to dial in to the audio stream using the PSTN.

807 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow upload of pre-recorded video

It would be great to upload a pre-recorded video such as a or town hall. This would allow producers to switch between the pre-recorded content and the live component.
    It would also allow people to use Live Events for webinars with better production value as they could record the content beforehand and then be available to answer Q&A live.

909 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Request Control button - move, add confirmation, or allow undo

I've got tremors, and the Request Control button is way too easy to hit when I want to look at the chat or participants list

Please move the button, add a confirmation, or allow the request to be withdrawn.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to use BCC

Making a Booking via the Teams app now has CC enabled. Can BCC also be added? We plan a lot of group based therapy in our organisation but using CC would create issues with local privacy laws, sharing cliënt e-mailaddresses to all adressees.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bookings (Virtual Visits)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Open links to teams in Desktop App

SITUATION: When you receive a link to a Teams file or folder, or really anything in Teams, like a Planner task - it sends you to the sharepoint site, regardless of whether you have the Desktop App installed and even if it is open.

RESOLUTION: Make links to any Teams elements open directly in the Teams Desktop App

This will save so much time and frustration from people, and also make Teams seem like a more integrated solution for everyone.

5,751 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

514 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New calls ring while on call

While in a call and another comes in on my DID number or to a call queue I belong to the call rings in my headset and the Teams popup shows the call. It should not ring in my ear - at the very least it should be a lessor intrusive tone. This is more like a call-waiting option that needs to be added. Call Waiting on/off (columns for DID and Queues). More than likely for a call queue you are not going to take another call while in a call. There is a slight possibility you would if it…

814 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, the team has this request under review. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

In the meantime, you may want to try using the “Do No Disturb” status if you are in a call or meeting, and do not want to get call notifications (rings and toasts). For more information on the various status settings in Teams and how they effect your notifications, including call notifications, please visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-your-status-in-teams-ce36ed14-6bc9-4775-a33e-6629ba4ff78e.

13. Make quiet hours block incoming calls

Please, add an option for the Quiet hours to block all phone calls in Teams. Why are there Quiet hours, if it still rings?

Or enable the Busy Status to be time-bound, which should do the same job.

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. como hago para eliminar las conversaciones

en el mismo icono de actividad.,debería haber la opción de poder eliminar la conversacion

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  75 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

1,125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

180 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Meeting timer

Have an on screen timer for a meeting.
    While the meeting is being held, the timer shows the time left during the meeting.

Time management tool integrated in the meetings on MS Teams.

1,846 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

191 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

2,436 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

181 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. remove conversation tab

I would like the option to remove or hide the conversations tab. Teams is a great way to post and link to team related spreadsheets or slideshows and doesn't require a chat function. Keeping one sometimes means there are chat posts that are missed because they are not expected.

7,664 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2442 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mulitple timezones in Meetings Tab

My team is in multiple timezone. Therefore it would be great if I could see another timezone next to mine in the Meetings Tab, just like I can in Outlook.

371 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BToE

We need BToE support with our Polycom deskphones. Without it, we will have to always run Skype for Business side by side to sign in our users to the phones.

433 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base