Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. youtube tab only enables one video per tab

I like that we can add a YouTube tab, but would like to be able to add multiple videos in one tab.

Creating one tab for each video creates too much tabs, and therefore it gets confusing for users

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Meeting tab not available

The meeting tab is not available in my company.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access Away Greeting in Voicemail within Team Calling. There's no option to access voicemail functions within Teams.

With Teams calling, there is no easy access to set up an Away Message for out of office times within Teams or to manage the Away message.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. sound output mac

Video call sound comes out of standard speakers, and no way to change to what the system is configured for, like external speakers.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. we are very upset with Office 365 requireing multiple logins and password entry throut the day

we are very upset with Office 365 requiring multiple logins and password entry throughout the day. I don't understand why in the world I need to re-login to Office 365 20-30 times per day while my Windows User Account is not locked, logged off, or PC restarted. The login entered in the beginning of the work day should keep user logged in to Windows account and Office 365 desktop and web-based account throughout the day. This is freaking irritating as ****! Especially when user checks box "keep me logged in", which is negligently disregarded by the Office.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete an O365 Team

When creating an Office 365 Team using the client UI, an O365 Group is automatically created as well as a SharePoint site and One Note notebook. However, DELETING the Team through the client UI only removes the O365 Group, not the SharePoint site and notebook.

I think it would be good to delete all Team objects when deleting the Team.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to turn off desktop notifications! Thank you!

Please allow users to disable desktop notifications/popups

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change text size

Given today's high resolution monitors, the text is too small to read. give the user the ability to resize the text so they can actually read it.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The app need the possiblility to erase chat and erase people into group.

The person who create the group most be the one who can control the group in total.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. can we have the bookmarks/saved items as a shortcut with Activity, Chat, Teams, Meetings, Files

It would be useful to have the saved items to be more easily accessible with one click with the other shortcuts in the left hand margin

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. allow locking files when editing them

Allow an option to lock a file when editing.

In SharePoint there was already this option and it would be great if it could be used also in Teams.

If you have it as an option that can be activated/deactivated, you could choose wich way to work, allowing both sync editing and excluseve editing.

Thanks

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. No notifications on adriod app (Phone Huawei P9 Lite) even with pushed notifications on.

The app is installed on my phone, pushed notifications are set and the app has access to background data, but no notifications occur. When I open the app it only starts syncing and I get a flood of messages.

This is inconvenient as leaving the app open in the background drains substantial battery power and it sometimes also put's itself on hold, re-syncing when it is brought to the foreground again.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. multiple domains in the app

I work for multiple organizations. Each has Teams. My installed app can only work with one organization. I can use the web app for the second organization but it is difficult to remember to keep it open and the alerts are not as good. Can you make the app support multiple organizations?

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. bookmark folder

I would like to be able to bookmark folders or files that I frequently access within Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unable to search using short name of a person

If I have a Teams Colleague with the name Robert Vanderplank and I search for the name Rob Vanderplank the Teams Search results return no results. I have to enter his full name as Robert Vanderplank to find his contact.

It would be very useful if Teams could search using partial names as well as the full name.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate Activity and Chat

Currently, Activity and Chat are 2 separate function, but for a user, we dont care about it, all of that is "notification", so can you intergrate these 2 function to 1? (like facebook, both timeline post noti and group noti go into 1 group)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When using the Teams Desktop App, the App should not prompt you to download the Team Desktop App. Seriously, how narcissistic can an App be?

When using the Teams Desktop App, the App should not prompt you to download the Team Desktop App. Seriously, how narcissistic can an App be?

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Planner: Daily tasks

A setting in Planner to assign a task or bucket to "daily" (weekly) that has to be checked off each day, but automatically "resets" each day. With a report or comment for tasks not checked off; would be useful.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom Keybindings

It would really be handy to override the default keybindings with a custom ini or json config file. It would open it up for people who are used to different keys to customize the navigation experience to match their own muscle memory.

vim keybindings
    emacs keybindings

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. One single interface for managing external access/file sharing for Teams, SharePoint, OD4B, etc

Its far too confusing to build domain allow and block lists across all of the O365 services. Consolidate this across all feature sets.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base