Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams keeps terminating on macOS

I noticed that the Teams app will quietly terminate without any indication as to why this is happening. Previous versions have never exhibited this behavior.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy Planner Items

I may have multiple buckets with similar items in them, and it would be easier to copy the items to another bucket, instead of copying text between them. Thanks.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scroll screen when I move a Planner card between buckets

Scroll screen when I move a Planner card between buckets like trello. I have 4 buckets and I cannot drag a card for the left most column to the right most column.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Drag files around within a Files Folder, so I can create the order I want.

I am creating a File of our companies design assets. There are many logos and brochures to sift through and I have been able to organize them in different folder. However, I would like the ability to drag individual files around within a folder to create the order I want, rather than the files being held to the order they were uploaded. If I forget to upload a certain file and I want it to be seen next to a certain other file, I have to delete all other files above it and start over...

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support rendering of tables within cards

It would be helpful to be able to render tables of values as part of the content of cards pushed into Teams via the connector/webhook functionality.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Put Presence Text on Contact Popup

Presence (text) doesn't appear anywhere except on mouseover for a split second before the contact card pops up.

This needs to be addressed even without having other presence enhancements because until some of the other problems are fixed, most orgs using Teams will still rely on Teams PLUS their other corporate collaboration tool, and have to juggle what "yellow" means. Once better Presence/Status options are in place, this is a no-brainer.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. previous replies - more visible that replies are collapsed

Could you place a more visible means of identifying when replies are collapsed? The '2 replies from X and Y' is a bit anonymous.

I know it's a tricky balance, and showing the latest reply to an original thread helps keep things tidy in the feed, but could there be something more obvious in that same space like a bold coloured plus icon or arrow to expand/collapse the thread?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix notifications problem on my iPhone SE.

The idea is that if I enable notifications on this app on iPhone(in your app+iPhone setting), I can receive notifications

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams function with Sharepoint On-prem

Make it possible to link Teams with an existing SharePoint onprem.
    Because not every Userdata and DB values could be legally uploaded(in Cloud) in some countrys. Data security is sometimes much more Importen for each files/entrys. (and companys)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hyperlinks and Searchable PDFs

When you open a pdf, hyperlinks within the pdf don't work. Additionally, you can't search within the PDF (No Ctrl-F either). PDFs that are a few hundred pages long is far too long to scroll through to find a section that can be found in seconds using a desktop PDF application.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix session expirations in Microsoft Teams

When I leave Planner tab open in Teams, I VERY regularly am given a message that "your session has expired. Can you please sign in again? Sorry for the inconvenience" This prompt provides nothing but a "login now" button and never requests password or username. Why can this not automatically retry on its own? Why must I babysit a client that is supposed to be dedicated to this cause? Just why?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MS Teams with existing O365 Groups

As we use MS Teams at a later stage compare to SharePoint Online, we would like to create Teams with the existing O365 group, however when we tried to use the option, it doesn't seem to surface all the sites with O365 groups. Is there an issue with that feature?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Checkboxs

I miss in the wiki content the option of adding some checkbox to a list of tasks to add for the team

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Chat scrolls up randomly when sending a message

Sometimes when I press send in a chat conversation it scrolls up in the history to a seemingly random location.

Using Teams version 1.0.00.25152 (64-bitars).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Channel search results should open the whole thread

When searching for something from a channel conversation, the results returned are atomic, so I cannot find the whole context of the thread.

Repro steps:
    1) Have a conversation in a channel about a complex topic (in this case, using a VPN)
    2) Allow several other conversations to happen in channel, where scrolling is no longer a convenient way to find it
    3) Search for your old conversation by keyword
    4) Select the proper result in the search results pane

Expected: You are now at that post in the conversation
    Currently: A lot of results are in the "main" pane,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow us to migrate wikis

It's impossible to migrate wikis.

There isn't any facilities in the UI, that's for sure. So I tried doing it though the SharePoint site. I copied the mht files over to the new wiki. They don't get picked up. I tried creating a page, renaming my downloaded wiki page to be the exact same, then uploading and replacing the current page. That didn't get picked up.

I don't care if it's in the UI or in SharePoint, I don't care if changes aren't seen for a while due to caching, I don't care if I have to restart Teams on…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Gifs posted when the gif is selected.

Send the gifs right when they are selected, so that the annoying space that is added everytime after adding a gif (the same space that makes the gif change its size) is removed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mini viewer for various components

The Teams platform does everything well, but is massive. I would like the ability to decouple/break-out frequently used components (chat, mostly) from the main UI. This would allow me to use and monitor activity in this components without consuming so much screen real estate.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It could be great to change the planner background

The very limited theme are not enough to energize the planner background. Put picture is a minimum, what do you think?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow conversations and files tabs to be removed from channels

Not every channel needs conversations and files - often we'd prefer these just in the General channel and to use other channels for example to display web sites or pdf's in their own tab.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base