Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Storage as an option when adding cloud storage for files.

Have a UI to add your storage endpoint and interact with files. (Maybe AzCopy under the hood?)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notify the writer

When a team member who was mentioned reads a post, the contributing member would like to know.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Office 365 Groups and Team Membership

It is possible to get into an orphaned Team state where there are no "Owners" within Teams, but adding a member to O365 group does not add that as the owner within Teams.

This makes it possible to lock yourself out of Teams if the last owner leaves the team, it is not possible to add another member.

We tested this on May 19th/20th. Removing a member from the O365 did not remove them from Teams, and an Owner on the O365 group could not see the team unless they were added from within Teams.

When adding a member to…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I can not move the folders from one TEAM to another, only files can be moved?

I can not move the folders from one TEAM to another, only files can be moved?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pasted Images should be clickable for viewing at original size.

When I paste an image it shrinks. When I click it, it should show or render itself in the original size. Otherwise the pasted image can be useless if content is not perceivable. Confluence does this nicely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Changing team photo in Desktop App

When attempting to change the team photo using the app doesn't always take, when it does the app displays the old photo in the favourites section until it is closed and restarted

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PowerBi tab should also show dashboards

For the moment the PowerBI tabs can only show reports it should be extended to also show dashbords

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to create tabs for all Channels within a Team

Add the ability to create tabs across all the Channels in a Team. If I want to add a link to a global SharePoint folder to all Channels, I have to currently access each channel in that team and do so manually.

If there are multiple projects (created as Teams) being worked by the same departments (created as Channels), then it makes sense to be able to push global SharePoint (or any other O365 product) links to all the Channels in a Team. There are often shared resources that are necessary regardless of the current project.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can you add a whiteboard function trough One note automatically for every team.

The moment one of the teammembers enter, they sometimes have to wait until everybody will be present.
    The idea is automatically, based on One note, create a kind of whiteboard, where the teamleader can already present the agenda, or an image, so that they can start automatically.
    At that moment every team has a kind of historical logbook, based on the notes made on the "whiteboard".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Share documents on OneDrive for business in multiple teams

I'd like to be able to a file I have created on OneDrive for business with multiple teams.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Planner checklist, description, Attachment

It would be nice if we could see checklist, description and attachment details at the same time on the task card.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. allow simultaneuos editing of wiki sections

Currently only one person at a time can make changes to a particular section in a Wiki tab. Please allow simultaneous editing without locking

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Planner: Paste pictures in a task from the clipboard

It could be great to enable the possibility to paste pictures in a task un Planner from the clipboard. Also to drag pictures from a folder / desktop...

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a customization option for keybinding to add new line in the compact edit window.

Others messengers can choose Ctrl+Enter, Alt+Enter, Shift+Enter or Enter etc

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Channel background picture

Allow upload a picture to change the Channel header background. Will help users to differentiate between channels.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Public groups

Add the option to create a list with groups that already exist on the company. So we can contact someone from the team on the designated group without creating a Team and having infinitives teams created.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Planner item description

It would be nice if the planner item description had some formatting options. I use this to add details with headers/bullet points/strikethrough etc. Thanks!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Simplify navigation in the mobile app

Nowadays, it has become customary to swipe left or right to go in and out of chats, lists, channels, etc in mobile apps, so that users can use a single hand to navigate between ongoing tasks, team conversations, chats, and more. Having recently converted from another chat based collaboration app, this is something I miss. I need to make an extra effort to reach the "back arrow" in the upper left corner.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. trello support on mobile

trello support on mobile. Doesnt work right now

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. a voting tool for Teams that works like this feedback site

This feedback forum is awesome. Teams needs this same tool for me to collaborate with my staff.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.