Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat and review files at the same time

Id like to be able to chat and review files at the same time. Its incredibly clunky to have to constantly navigate back and forth between screens and makes it difficult to use. I should be able to have the chat feature opened while navigating between teams, channels and documents.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Channels to be not hidden by default

When several channels are created in a team they are hidden by default.
    My suggestion is that all channels are visible by default and the users have to manually "hide" them if they don´t want to be bothered by them.

The reason for my suggestion:
    Even though teams is intuitive and simple, not all users feel that way, and they get confused when they see that some channels are hidden? In some cases their first thought is that the channels are hidden from them for a reason (systems are supposed to be smart, right?) so they don´t even click on…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. WIKI Table Of Contents Drag/Drop Between Pages

Within a given WIKI page you can re-arrange sections quite easily by dragging and dropping items within the table of contents within the page they live in. The table of contents also show all pages. Unfortunately, however, you cannot drag/drop a section in the table of contents from one page to another.

Can you please allow drag/drop for section within the WIKI table of contents that allows a section to be moved between pages?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Que las conversaciones se puedan eliminar

Que las conversaciones se puedan eliminar y no hay ninguna opción

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide the 'Files' Tab

Hide the 'Files' Tab, to link a Team directly to an existing SharePoint document library

Its confusing to end users that a new SharePoint document library is created as part of the Team when they simply need access to the existing SharePoint document libraries in place

This setting should be available on a per Teams basis

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Default Policy Assignment in Microsoft Teams

When a new user or a migrated user is created for Microsoft Teams, the user is assigned below policies which has federation enabled.

ExternalAccessPolicy : FederationAndPICDefault

My idea is to either allow us to change the default policies that get assigned when a user is created/migrated, or set the "Global" policy as the default. This would save time, instead of having to blanket script everyone, plus when they get created to the policies we want set.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make chat window collapsable so i only see contact list

Would like to be able to collapse the chat window so I only see my contact list, if I am not in a chat I really don't need that whole window to be open taking up valuable screen space, I like having all the chat logs there but I would like to be able to hide it if I'm not currently using chat

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get rid of chat history on startup

I don't need to see what I sent during a chat conversation I had two weeks ago on startup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More granular invitation management (roster changes and notifications of same)

Build into Teams meetings the same options for roster changes we've seen in the Outlook Calendar for decades: when adding a new invitee (or removing an existing one), provide options to send or not send notifications, and whether those notifications go to just the affected invitee, or the entire roster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Manage user rights for teams

Need a function to create access rights for a team. The issue is all uploaded files are visible to all teams. This should not be the case. Files and chat channels should be managed by Team, and what team members can see should be managed by the Team Administrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it easier to turn on notifications for contacts

Currently the only way to turn on a notification for a contact, is by selecting "More Options" from the Contacts list. It would be better if turning on/off notifications could be performed from anywhere you have access to the contact's information

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adicionar opção de "Bloquear pessoas"

Adicionar opção para bloquear pessoas, que te estão sempre a incomodar, a ligar-te constantemente, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Designate an Employee Who Can End a Meeting for All Participants

As I understand the purpose of the Audio Conferencing for Microsoft 365 add-on, it is to allow organizers to create meetings on behalf of other employees that include dial-in numbers. These organizers, then, may not attend the meeting at all. Thus, the option to "End Meeting" is not available to anyone attending.

My recommendation would be a setting in "Meeting Options" where you can designate an employee who can end the meeting for all participants. That setting could then be assigned to the employee who asked the organizer to create a meeting on their behalf.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. keeping files organized by date form instead of having to sort through ascending order.

File organization by date instead of having to sort through ascending order. Microsoft Team will not hold the ascending order for more than a few minutes. Any way to enhance the feature to sort one time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. select office365 account for a Team meeting in Outlook

Give the possibility to check and select which office365 account is used to send an invite in Outlook, in particular when the Outlook app has several Office365 accounts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Is there any way to change the theme ? I find it disturbing and its overpowering the chats or the conversations

Is there any way to change the theme ? I find it disturbing and its overpowering the chats or the conversations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base