Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implementation a feature that enables administrators to set All new posts in Channel notification settings at channel-level or team-level

I would like you to implement a feature that administrators could set All new posts in Channel notification settings for all users at once in channel-level or team-level.
    Currently, this setting needs to be performed by per user and it is a time-consuming procedure.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This is probably already a feature, but I can't find it. I want to save a group chat logs as a transcript and as a seperate file.

I want a button that allows me to save a group chat as a separate readable text/doc file. If this is already a feature, it is not obvious.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to see the current status of the person before conversation via chat window

Ability to see the current status of the person before we start the conversation via chat window, As we don`t know if the person is in call or not and start conversation and it will because a disturb for the person

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. About posting to channels

I want to set detailed restrictions on the function to post mail to the channel.

It is also good to be able to set up users who share channel email addresses.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Thumbs-up emoji looks like it's being shoved somewhere, please fix

That animated thumb really needs to stop moving. I think of kancho every time I see it, but that's probably just because the thumb movement reminds me of a very inappropriate colloquialism in US English that I won't repeat here.

Suffice to say, the emoji is horrible as currently displayed. If you were to stop animating it it would probably be just fine.

Honestly if you'd just stop animating ALL the emoji that would be greatly appreciated by literally 100% of people using Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can you Add a flash setting when messages are sent?

So many messages that are missed or are late to replay due to not seeing the message. Could you please add a flashing alert?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Who answer anything and make a real person control it.

It is so annoying when it doesn't answer anything. And I want a real person doing it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed It'd be nice if unread updates to a

Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed
    It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

(This suggestion proposed by Erik has been UNDER REVIEW for 2 years now - 87 votes. A similar suggestion has been UNDER REVIEW for 16 months - 1990 votes. -- Lets get this REVIEW completed and decide one way or the other if it is to be implemented.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In SHIFTS we would like to be able to set the default colors in the time off area

Though colors can be changed after the time is entered, we would like for the default option to be configurable specifically under the time off section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When you add time off in the SHIFTS App it should automatically deleted your preloaded schedule for that day

In most cases we have preloaded everyones schedule , they then request time off, unfortunatly SHIFTS does not delete the preloaded shift for that day it instead shows 2 lines one for the shift and one for the day off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow users to send files without having to wait for upload

To send a file in Teams and apps like it, a user just drags the file to the compose window and hits send or upload, etc. Teams doesn't allow you to send until the file is completely uploaded, whereas other apps like Slack let you upload and hit send immediately afterward. If I navigate
    away from the compose box while the file is still uploading and forget to come back to hit send, the file just sits there in the compose box and is never sent.

Suggested behavior is to let me hit send while it's being uploaded, then just…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be helpful to be able to cross search between Teams, Outlook and other MS apps.

When searching in Teams for a conversation, we should be able to see Outlook results as well as some conversations end up on both platforms depending on who you are talking with. Can this feature be added please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add screen sharing from the Teams app for Phones

Allow screen sharing from the MS Teams phone application! This would put Teams in the lead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add the "nausea" to

Add the Nausea/"throw up" emoji to the reaction choices on posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Emergency Location must be accurate and not user-defined.

According to the Teams Docs, "For example, when they use Teams to call emergency services (such as 911 in the United States), users need to be aware that Teams might not be able to determine the actual location of the caller." - Is this even legal? How will this pass FCC muster? Did anyone consider the ethical and legal implications of not implementing accurate location determination?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Would like to see the "If unanswered" also on the "Forward my calls" option

On Forward my calls include option "If Unanswered" like in the Calls ring me. Users have calls ring no answer
    Today had calls Forward to a call group that was set to ring in order...call continued to bounce back and forth between both users - never went to anyone's voice mail.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. organise contacts tiles

allow 'drag and drop' to organise contact tiles into the different categories

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please develop a new Framework for Teams

Microsoft,

Do you realize that Teams has the ability to revolutionize the 21st century cloud computing? Do you understand with the proper development of Teams, you could take significant market share from Amazon and Google.

1 If Teams is a communication tool than make it one. The Human being communicates in various different ways. Put all those communication methods in 1 application that is intuitive, fluid, dynamic, flexible, and self learning. Email, Chat,SMS, Text, Voice, Fax, any other communication method you can think of. Put it in a Single app and make it extremely intuitive.

2 Eliminate the following :

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Screen sharing without webex

I cannot get teams to work with my webex. Ideally I should not need a third party product like Webex. Teams should be able to let me share a screen with the person I am chatting just at the click of a button

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. REMOVE ORGANISATIONS - INTEGRATE GUEST ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!

REMOVE ORGANISATIONS - INTEGRATE GUEST ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!
    Having to have 7 in private browsing tabs open in order to be online in all your organisations at the same time is not a a valid solution to externally connected co-workers.

There are many different suggested solutions to this major issue; it's undefendable that none of them have been implemented.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base