Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to contact someone on Skype for Business after they have used Teams

After another user has tried teams, if they go back to Skype for Business it's not possible to message them on their Skype for Business account any longer. Please maintain a Skype for Business presence for these users in Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group Chat Member (20 people plus)

We have many people on my team and my concern is that there is a limited number of people that you can include in a group chat which opted us to use another app. I would like to maximize the team collaboration in MST that is why messaging is very important to us.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications when a member leaves a team

When one user adds/removes another user to team, we could see a notification within the General Channel. However, when a user or owner joins/leaves a team himself, there is no such notification.
    Feature request: Alert/warning message should be displayed on. Owners should be alerted by email if any of the member leave the TEAMS.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pasting an image into the chat results in a blank image. Clicking to expand the image shows a broken link.

The image usually shows up in the senders chat, but recipients can't see it. There seems to be no notification that the image is broken on the other end - and no mechanism to retry sending the image.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disable Open in SharePoint for Specific Users

We are still testing Teams in lieu of releasing it to our Sales and Project teams. However, we would like to stop some users from being able to get to the underlying SharePoint site and restrict them to the Teams interface.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Members of a Team to get a Daily Digest via Email

Allow users to get a daily digest of specific or all channels within a team. Have the threads within the digest email jump to the conversation within the Teams interface.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams window got out the monitor limit if using multiple monitors

If Teams window is maximized on one of multiple monitors it got out the monitor limit, and you see a little part of teams window on other monitor.
    Annoying :)

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. time zone - chat messages should be dated on local time zone.

time zone - chat messages should be dated on local time zone.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug creating multiple plans in a Teams Channel

We have multiple channels within a team (e.g. Sales) and have added Planner links to each one. The first General channel was linked to the plan created automatically when the Team was created and this shows ok in Planner itself (as the Sales plan). However when we've added Planner links to other channels and selected Create New Plan the plan has been created and linked in Teams but when opening in Planner only the original Sales plan is showing. So we can create multiple plans from teams but cannot view them in Planner. The workaround is to go to Teams,…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. App doesn't show up after upgrade to Microsoft Teams Desktop App 1.1.00.5963.

I'm on windows 10 1709, after update TEAMS to 1.1.00.5963, it doesn't work anymore. Nothing appear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Office Deployment Toolkit

If Teams is truly intended to replace Skype for Business (in the cloud), please include it for deployment through the Office Deployment Toolkit like Skype. Respectfully, I'm not going to waste the time to download another installer and setup another deployment for conferencing that my users can handle in Skype for Business just as easily. Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. move comments to another channel

As discussions continue its sometimes useful to move a chat to a dedicated channel so as not to confuse the current channel discussion.

I would like (for admins) to be able to select individual comments (and direct replies) to another channel.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Flashing on taskbar after answering and reading every message

- You get a message
    - You answer it
    - You start doing something else
    - Taskbar starts flashing

You have to click back into Teams and wait 5 sec for it to go away. It is infuriating.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Answer incoming calls automatically

This is a very convenient feature that is available in skype, it allows for setup of a kiosk station with minimal management effort.

Features from skype.

Answer incoming calls automatically
    * Start my video automatically when I am in a call

As it can be invasive, skype also has a feature to Allow calls from... Anyone/people on my Contact list only

As we dont have a contact list in Teams I would suggest that the feature could/would be scoped to Favorites

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Task Management

Allow users to create, assign, and manage tasks within Teams. As of now, you must redirect to an external webpage to manage tasks. This reduces the effectiveness of using teams. This add-on would be great!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. vs code integration

Integration with VS Code would be a huge help! Being able to send code snippets directly from VS Code into Teams, and being able to have Teams discussion appear in VS Code so you can chat and edit in real time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. convert sharepoint link to teams file attachment

In a conversation if I want to share a file that's in the files section I can click the paperclip and select "browse teams and channels" to reference a file in teams. That's great.

If I'm in the files section and decide I want to share a file with someone my only option is to copy a SharePoint link and paste that link into a conversation, but that link bounces me to SharePoint in a browser.

It would be nice to have an extra option in the files section to copy a "Teams Link" or "add this file to a…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is it possible to lig on to sevreal teems accounts

I would like to log on to sevreal teems account at the same time. Like in onedrive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Checklists + Delegation

-Allow ability to create multiple checklists in Tasks
    -Allow ability to create more than 20 items in checklist for Tasks
    -Allow ability to assign individual items in checklist to teammates

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Take screenshot on desktop app

One should be able to take screenshot and share in conversation thread without leaving Microsoft Teams app.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Warren responded

Whether you are using PC or MAC you can already take a screen shot.

With PC the shortcut for a selected capture area is: SHIFT+WINDOWS_Key+S
    (this will allow you to select an area and capture it as an image to the clipboard.)
    With PC the shortcut for a entire desktop screen capture is the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard.

With MAC the shortcut for a selected capture area is: COMMAND+SHIFT+4
    (this will allow you to select an area and capture it as an image to the clipboard.)
    With MAC the shortcut for an entire desktop screen capture is: COMMAND+CTRL+SHIFT+3

This should meet your needs. If you feel it does not, please provide a summary in the comments as to your use case and why the OS capture tools are insufficient for your needs.

Thank you!
    -Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base