Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scroll to top

Add the ability to scroll to the top of a channel or sort by date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Work Page on Quiz or Test

Setup a password protected page with a timer option for students to do handwritten problems (math / science) for quizzes or tests. Integration into OneNote Class Notebooks.

Scenario: A chemistry teacher want students to show their work on a series of gas law problems.

Could a teacher setup a OneNote page or other MS document that is password protected. Once the student opens the document or OneNote page, as the timer starts and the student can use keyboard, stylus, finger, Apple pencil, audio recording to show their work on the gas law problems. Once the time has ended, the page…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ruhezeiten pro Tenant

It would be Nice to Define different Rest times per Tenant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add "Microsoft Search" to the app store.

Add "Microsoft Search" to the app store.

I want to add a Microsoft Search tab to search on Teams for files and information shared by my organization on Microsoft services other than Teams.

For example, you can search for files that are not shared on OneDrive or Teams on SharePoint.

Currently, we need to develop ourselves.

Then, great service is not available to everyone.

Having this in the app store will make all organizations more convenient and productive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option for not to save conversation records

Option for not to save conversation records

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sharing of User Details between Domain and Guest Users

User details should be shared between Teams users in the organization and Guest Users. Those details, Title and Location, are currently not visible between the two groups. If you are collaborating on a project, or hosting a "working group", you should be able to know who each person is in the Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stream Videos in Teams thread

I want to put Stream videos in Teams thread, not tab

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. @everyone in Chat

Ability to notify everyone in a CHAT thread with the @everyone tag is needed.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Kibana Integration

As an engineer tasked with migrating teams of developers from Slack to Microsoft Teams, I wish to have integration with a Kibana webhook so that I may queue a triggered alert from Kibana to a channel in Teams when a specific set of conditions are met according to a query.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can some female emojis be added? Also would like to see holiday emojis for all the US holidays.

Currently I only see a male bowing, but some of the female emojis that were available in other forums, such as Skype, are not available in MS Teams. Further, holiday emojis (e.g. turkey, clover, US flag, Halloween bat/cat, pumpkin, etc) would be a nice addition to the selection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow tenant-wide, administrator control of settings

Allow tenant-wide control of settings like the following:

Auto-start application

Open application in background

On close, keep the application running

Disable GPU hardware acceleration (requires restarting Teams)

Register Teams as the chat app for Office (requires restarting Office applications)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assign dynamic group to Teams with Powershell

Currently you can only assign dynamic groups from within a team, not from the admin portal or with Powershell.

This is a serious hurdle when mass-creating teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. chats in taskbar

It would be very nice to have access to direct chats from my taskbar, as other chat apps do. It is annoying to have to click 3 times to find active chats when I'm used to 1.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Single click on tray icon when Teams is opened should close the teams back

Single click on tray icon when Teams is opened should close the teams back into tray.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Scroll to moment in conversation when file was shared

For users where I have long conversations and many files shared, I sometimes need context about what was discussed when a certain file was shared.

Add a link in the context menu for files shared by a person to skip directly to the point in conversation when the file was shared.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. start a private chat while screen sharing

Occasionally while hosting a meeting and sharing my screen, I need to start a private chat with someone not in the meeting WITHOUT allowing everyone in the meeting to view the chat. Can that be added as an option in Teams?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Incorporate MS To do or task to the teams left side menu

incorporate the option of review and complete the task of Outlook or to do, as part of the teams platform

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create new Tab from mobile app in channels

Allow the feature to create new tab from mobile application as on desktop application to provide the same user experience whatever the device is

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implementation a feature that enables administrators to set All new posts in Channel notification settings at channel-level or team-level

I would like you to implement a feature that administrators could set All new posts in Channel notification settings for all users at once in channel-level or team-level.
    Currently, this setting needs to be performed by per user and it is a time-consuming procedure.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. This is probably already a feature, but I can't find it. I want to save a group chat logs as a transcript and as a seperate file.

I want a button that allows me to save a group chat as a separate readable text/doc file. If this is already a feature, it is not obvious.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base