Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better integration with Twitter

Better integration with Twitter.
    For example, when creating a connector for Twitter.
    I would like to have an easy way of selecting all the people I follow instead of adding them one by one.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mfa on team or specific channel

I would like to ensure MFA Is used in specific channels or teams but nor required for others...
    As well as maybe to access files etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Selecting a Team Lands User in General Channel

Since the General Channel always exists and is created automatically when a Team is created, when a user selects a Team from the left navigation, allow the user to land in the General tab instead of the current approach at the Team level. This would improve the user experience.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding a separate notificiation option for group chats.

I do not wanna see a pop-up message when i recieve a new message in a group chat. I would like to recieve a pop-up message when i get messaged directly.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can we please have notifications for things like adding planner tasks that are assigned to a specific person?

Add a desktop alert or email or both for Tasks added in Planner or other apps that would require letting someone know they have something to do.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Received a call while on a call, and i was unable to see who it was or how to answer or join.

Received a call while on a call, and i was unable to see who it was or how to answer or join.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Box.com files integration desperately needs a search function

The Box.com integration for files is a welcome addition - however the file browser in all aspects of the Box integration is missing a simple search box.

I'm invited to hundreds of folders so the current UI that only supports scrolling through a long list of folders is not workable.

PLEASE add a search box to these UI's for selecting Box.com files and folders. This is a standard I've seen in many other Box integrations.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams should respect the Display scale of the display it is on, not only of Main screen (Windows)

Running Windows on a Retina MacBook with an external monitor I have the scale of the retina display set to 175% and the external (Main display) to 100%.

Now if the main screen (seemingly only on boot counts) is the external one, the teams interface is so small that it is basically illegible. If the external monitor is disconnected while booting the teams UI is normal on the Retina display, but gigantic on the external one, when connected. Other apps seem to handle this, it would be nice if Teams could, too!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Zapier

Bring Zapier integration! Please Please Please!!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When typing in Chat I'd like to be able to mark whether or not my message is urgent or not

Sometimes you want to be able to send an update which doesn't require the recipient to put down what ever they're working on and read it, other times you want to sent an urgent message.

I'd like to be able to set the priority of chat messages, maybe even with two different notification levels/icons?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. show it user status is on mobile

It would be great to see a status/presence of when a user is signed in only on their mobile. It helps other users to realize if the person they are contacting may have a delay in responding because they may not see the details on their mobile (perhaps they are driving).

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Connectors stop working when the creator leaves the team

We have found when a user leaves a Team or is removed from a Team all of the connectors for that user stop functioning. They remain, which is critical, so another user can read and replace the defunct connector.

Would be great if they continued to function or if there was a way to transfer to another user or have another user assume control.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

This is a known issue — will update you when I have more info.

Suphatra

13. Import groups from Yammer.

Although it is somewhat cannibalistic, there should be a way to import groups and group members from Yammer into similarly structured teams

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search for Jira Issue number

When a new Jira Issue is posted to a channel, the title of the Issue is searchable, but not the content. I would at least like to be able to search for the Jira Issue number.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Annotating pasted images

If someone pastes an image it would be good if someone else could draw on it and add notes, text etc (give feedback).
    Each annotation would show the author who made it and the ability to remove the annotation layer and see the original image.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Planner date localisation

Dates in the planner are localised with the US format MM/DD and now in the DD/MM format for us in the UK.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Complete Overhaul

1. Don't try to have a touchscreen UI on desktop. Make right clicks do something useful in every situation. There are two types of touch in IPhone for some time now, so maybe don't live in the touchscreen past in a desktop interface...
    2. Don't copy IPhone ultra minimal design style. I have no border for the Teams window, I don't know where it ends and the window under it starts because there is no border. Horrible. IPhone UI design is now so bad that only past experience from when it used to be good allows people to know how…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. down vote

Ability to down vote suggestions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Screen crop on iPad

When viewing a screen shared from other party, sometimes the screen is cropped from sides if the screen aspect ratio is not the same as the iPad

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding notfication for chat feed like old Skype !

Adding notfication for chat feed like old Skype !

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.