Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I need a way to send images or files directly to myself.

When we used slack, I was able to send myself direct message s or images. I need to be able to do that now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow it to be closed

I close teams and then find it has simply gone in to hiding and then reappears. I wish to be able to close it when I am finished

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set "Follow" and "Favorite" option on behalf of users

I can view who's following a channel, but I can't follow the channel for them. Would like to be able to set follow status in the UI or via PowerShell, much like I'm able to manage subscribers for O365 groups today. Would greatly assist with adoption: some channels and Teams need more visibility than others. Thank you.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow for read only access in OneNote

If a user has read only access, Teams does not allow them to use the OneNote at all. Please allow the OneNote to be used by those with read only access.

By default, the OneNote should open as read only and if someone wants to edit the OneNote, they should be prompted to open the OneNote in edit mode (if they have access).

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. notifications for all messages

Friends,

I would like to suggest a feature to allow a user to receive notifications for everything and not only when he/she gets mentioned on a channel.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneNote Default Page Templates Needs to be Supported

Currently, if you set a default template for a OneNote page the Teams OneNote tab does not access that template when making a new page.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the emoji's that are on their own lines smaller

They take up so much real estate if you just send an emoji in a message by itself.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update Uservoice tickets status more often

Would it be possible to get more infos on status, issues, release plans, team decisions here on uservoice?

"Multiple Teams Accounts" was promised half a year ago. No update ever since.

Right now it feels more like fire and forget. Drop your concern/idea/issue here and hope that something will happen somewhen.

BR Matthias

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to Add Other Teams' Planners to Another Team

Ability to Add Other Teams' Planners to Another Team. If all members of a specific Team (i.e. Managers) are part of other Teams, give the ability to add other Teams' Planners as a tab.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Nested conversations. Mimic what Facebook does with comments...and anyone can reply to any comment anywhere.

Mmic what FB is doing with comments/conversations. Let anyone reply to any comment no matter where it is or when in the tree of the conversation. Allow a sub-conversation to be mirrored as a top level discussion as an option to de-clutter it but leave it in the original place so that the history of the sub-conversation remains intact.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better support for video/phone calls in conference rooms

I need an easy way to pull up a video/phone call in a conference room without potentially exposing private messages, meetings, etc. This could be a different account, or a login with an option to enter teams with a limited "conference" based feature set. A "do not disturb" feature would work, but not completely disable private sections.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Implement pagination in long conversations

The best idea is to add a pager to long conversation since it is a pain to load conversation where more than 100 messages

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Website Tab app needs to be able to display SharePoint and Calendar content in a frame

Currently the limitations of the Website Tab app mean it's next to useless for presenting content from SharePoint (e.g. with Views or Filters applied via the URL) and for example the Team's group calendar. The Website tab just returns a message '
    This content cannot be displayed in a frame

To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.

What you can try:

Open this content in a new window

'

Which is very user unfriendly. Can we have viewing in a…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. App should start correctly when laptop not connected to internet

Currently when logging in to the laptop without internet connection, Teams fails to start, showing error message.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create default chat folder for doc uploaded to chat

All the bits and pieces and uploaded docs in the chat end up in files and make the directory messy. Especially if you have a nice organised file system.

Can you please make it so these end up in a default chat folder instead? This way my files won't look so cluttered.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a favorites tab that keeps my favorite teams and chats in one place.

On the left-hand panel there should be a "Favorites" Tab, that list all of my favorited Teams and chats in one place. Having two separate tabs for Teams and Chats is annoying. Also, when you go to the "Favorties tab" it should group the Teams and Chats separately. Thanks.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tabs appearance customization

Tabs are of great help when it comes to productivity enhancement. We can already change a tabs name, but it would be awesome to be able to further customize them (font color, back color) or, even better, to display small icons matching the corresponding program (PDF, PPT, OneNote, etc.). This way, it would be easier to work with many tabs and have a quick overview of what has been pinned in a given channel. Thanks in advance!

Simple workaround in the meantime: I personally use special characters in front of the name of the tab. For instance:
    ⎙This doc
    ⎙That…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 保存済みの各種項目を押した後、すぐに詳細表示が出てこない

現状、一覧がサマリーだけなので、内容を全部みるには保存したリストから見たいモノを押下する必要がある。せめてキャッシュしているものはすぐに出てほしいし、会話に遷移する必要は無いのだが・・・
    実際に押下すると、該当の会話位置の近い所に遷移はするものの、すぐには出てこない。
    かなり待つと出てくるので、サーバーに取りに行っているのだろうが。。

問題は、どれだけ待てばいいのか、そもそもエラーなのかユーザーが知る由もないというところかと。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable sizing of file/library columns

The Files tab (a SharePoint File Library) has the file name as a first column. It's size is fixed, so long file names are "truncated". All we need is to be able to expand the column, so the names fit.

A mouse over with the full name would also be appreciated.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open Team Files Directly From Word / Excel

Many times people in my organization need to access the files that are in Teams directly from Word. I know this is possible by adding an Online Place and entering the SharePoint link, but this process is not practical. It should be that once a user logs into Word that they instantly have access to all the files of teams they belong to.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.