Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Being able to open teams in multiple windows.

If I'm working on a file in teams, and then want to send a message, I don't want to have to get out of my file, go to chat and then go back to my file. I should be able to have multiple windows open (and spread them across my screen), dedicating one to chat's and the other to working on my relevant files.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Shifts- let the lunch hours be copied with the shift itself

Right now, you can create a shift and add an un-paid lunch, but that DOES NOT copy to the rest of the week/schedule if you copy/paste that shift. It would be nice to "default" a non-paid lunch on an 8-5 or 9-6 shift.

14 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Quick Hide and Hide All Conversations

Currently in Teams it takes two mouse clicks to close a chat conversation. In Skype there is a "X" to close the conversation. This results in a single mouse click to close out a conversation window.
        This makes it easy to rapidly close out any open conversatations you are finished with. It would be nice to have this same function in Teams.
        The X could go either to the left of the CHAT name or next to the "...".

Also it is very easy for your "RECENT CHAT" tab to get filled up with several conversations and takes a long…

14 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Call Contact's Work or Cell phone

When I click the call button on a contact, Teams automatically begins a teams/skype call to the user. It should offer options to call the user's phone numbers (work/cell/other) or to make a skype/teams call, similar to the drop down menu offered by skype for business.

126 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Teams in SysTray does not distinguish between Activity & Presence

Whether you are in a meeting or got a message, in both cases you get a RED DOT. This is not clear or very helpful.

50 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Display the description of the team and channels

Every team and channel has a description that can be entered, yet there doesn't seem to be any way to see that description unless you can edit. How about making the description visible under the title in the right window? Maybe even a setting that allows me to make descriptions visible or not (on/off switch).

96 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Customize Applications within Sidebar (Drag-and-Drop)

I'd like the ability to have full control over how the sidebar is organized. Currently, you have to click the 3 ellipses to view any connected apps as well as access them. Maybe have the list scrollable or drag-and-drop the applications into any order and snap into place. Maybe integrate the ability to unlock and lock the sidebar view so you don't accidentally reorganize the app list unintentionally.

87 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • MS Teams Meeting Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able to delegate the organizer role so that someone else can reschedule the meeting during my absence. For instance for Executive Assistants or PTO.

87 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • BToE

We need BToE support with our Polycom deskphones. Without it, we will have to always run Skype for Business side by side to sign in our users to the phones.

50 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

116 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Allow different notification settings depending on status

Would be nice if it was possible to change to different notifications settings depending on what status you have.

16 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Shifts Swap portions of your shift.

Ability to have someone cover your shift entirely or just a portion. Example I need to take off 2 hours early but I only need to offer up those 2 hours to someone else. I will work the rest of the 8 hour shift.

12 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Fulltextsearch for Wiki

It seems like the wiki content is not searchable with the global search

A wiki you cannot search for entries is useless...

2,415 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

285 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              planned  ·  Warren responded

This feature is still in the planning stage. No new updates are available at this time.

-Warren

• Toggle graphic when changing team sites

I guess I'm lodging this feedback on behalf of my 4yr old daugher.

In the interest of gender equality, how hard would it be to toggle the person in the graphic when changing team sites (see attached file). My daughter asked why it only shows a bearded man and not a "girl" or "princess". I didn't have a good answer for her.

So I guess ultimately she's asking to see different people/genders toggled in the image when changing team sites. Though to see a princess would be cool....

16 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Timecode comments on videos

We are already allowed to comment on files, but it would be great if we could be taken to a specific frame when we comment on video files.
                                This function exists in solutions like frame.io, wipster and vimeo video review.

We're migrating everything to teams and planner so this one function would great for us.

23 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Team Planner - Add List View

Would like a table view of the items in Planner as a view option. Section would be the bucket, the deliverable, assigned to, status, etc. When there is a larger project all the tiles can be difficult to see the overall at a glance.

Not sure if this should be in TEams or Planner - or maybe both. I am using Planner primarily with Teams, which is why I am putting it here.

8 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Allow the use of existing USB handset like Polycom CX300

Would love to be able use our existing investment in devices like the Polycom CX300 USB handset with Teams. I can understand why LPE devices won't be supported, but would like to see simple USB phones supported with the client.

8 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Linux client

My team has some users on Linux, and one benefit Slack has is a Linux client. Without a Linux client on Microsoft Teams, some orgs may have to turn away in favor of Slack so everyone can participate without keeping a browser open all the time.

6,983 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

908 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        on the backlog  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback – we hear you loud and clear. After talking this over with the Engineering team, I confirmed this will remain on the backlog and we are actively considering how to accelerate.

Tweet me if you have any questions! @skprufo

Suphatra

• Use @ mention for outgoing email

Please add the possibility that users are able to post a conversation or a reply to people or distribution groups, that are OUTSIDE of the team. In other words, it's an outgoing chat that is delivered by Email. This can be done by using the @-letter followed by a full Email-Address.
                                        People outside the team that get this Email could reply via Email as well because the sender address is the Team-Channel-Email-address.
                                        This feature will enhance Interoperability with Messaging heavily.
                                        Additionally the post could be flagged with a fitting "outgoing-"banner or text something else, to show Teams user, that this…

11 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • When recording a meeting, record the screen that is being shared.

We just recorded a meeting for our team. No one used their cameras, but we were all watching someone's screen being shared to follow along with the code example. The recorded meeting only shows the icons of folks on the team, it does not show the screen we were all watching.

69 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base