Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. notifications

On MacOS, please consider the following, or at least make them options:

1. Notifications should use the standard Mac notifications instead of custom ones.

2. Notifications cause dock icon to bounce continuously until addressed.

3. Notification appear regardless of which virtual desktop is visible.

4. Notifications remain visible until addressed.

Any or all of the above would improve notifications immensely. I'm currently missing messages because the notifications are not seen....forcing me to continually monitor the application manually.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reactions Order - Place the "thumbs up" to the far right

We now have additional "reactions" beyond the thumbs up "like" but the thumbs up is always going to be the most used so it would be great if it can be placed on the far right of the reactions bar to make it easiest to access. Thank you!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a separate chat window in Teams

Instead of having to select the Chat category within teams and using the large teams screen, I would like to have a separate chat window as well as Chat Icon at the bottom toolbar.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It should be possible to change the Channel sharepoint file directory

Currently, if I create a new Channel, Teams will automatically create a sharepoint directory with the same name. However, if I change the name of the Channel, the directory name does not automatically change accordingly. If I want to change the directory name to match the new channel name, I am unable to do so. Even if I open the Channel file directory in Sharepoint and manually rename it, the channel connection does not update. In fact, this seems to completely break the connection (i.e. the channel no longer points to the same folder once it has been renamed in…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete files shared in chat

Files shared in Chat are stored to OneDrive, but there is no way to delete file from within Teams. When file is deleted from OneDrive, it is (of course) no longer available and the individual gets a "Sorry, we couldn't find you file" error.

I would like to remove the shared file entry from the Teams chat.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reply Option for Private Messaging

Right now, you can reply to messages on the Team Chat, but you cannot reply to specific messages on private chats. It is difficult/cumbersome to reply to a single message when sent a series of queries via Chat. Please note that other message apps, such as ICQ and WhatsApp, already have this function.

Can you please add the "reply" functionality to private chats as well?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put the "Start a new conversation..." box at the top

In Teams Channels, it's way too common for users to start a new conversation when they intend to reply to an existing conversation. Move the "Start a new conversation..." box, and the formatting & submission icons, to the top of the Conversations window. Keep the latest conversation/reply at the bottom. The idea is to create some separation between the "Start a new conversation..." box and the "Reply" link that sits at the bottom of existing conversations.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show missing meeting participants

During meetings, a question that always comes up is, "Who's not here?" In other words, "Who was invited to the meeting but isn't current joined in?" It would be nice to have a list of not just the current meeting participants but also who is missing.

Currently, we have to go to Outlook, review the list of invitees, and do detective work to determine who isn't on the call currently.

The list of those joined to a meeting is also changing constantly at the beginning of the meeting, so it would help if the list of missing individuals was dynamic…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remember expand/collapse contact groups

The new contact list is now live and it has the option to expand and collapse contact groups. However when I restart teams the are all expanded again.

It would be better if Teams remembered when I collapse a group. then I can for example hide groups of contacts I don't use as often.

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Sorry, we cannot find any building" message, even though RoomList is defined, and shows in Outlook and OWA.

"Sorry, we cannot find any building" message, even though RoomList is defined, and shows in Outlook and OWA.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy paste

Hi

Its not possible to copy paste messages from the chat window. The "save this message" and "Like" button pops up on top of the text.

So please make it possible to copy a text from chat window.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate Teams chat into Outlook email search so that Outlook email search results include relevant Teams chats (like Skype does)

Integrate Teams chat into Outlook email search so that Outlook email search results include relevant Teams chats (like how relevant Skype chats are included in a search done in Outlook email).

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Voicemail for Teams Calling & Call Queues

We have some Auto Attendant and Call Queues set up, when the time is 'out of hours' and a call comes in or if all users are busy and unable to answer a call it should go to voicemail posting the message transcript and audio file in the Team / group linked to the call queue.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. chat windows should have a setting to allow them to be their own windows (independant chat windows)

chat windows should have a setting to allow them to be their own windows (independant chat windows)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Increase the Number of Allowed Participants in a Meeting.

For a large company, I do not feel that capping meeting participants at 250 makes sense. I believe that this limit should be increased to allow large meetings with 500+ employees if necessary instead of a company having to buy an additional license to use Cisco WebEx Meetings.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MS Teams Meeting Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able to delegate the organizer role so that someone else can reschedule the meeting during my absence. For instance for Executive Assistants or PTO.

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Deleting messages

It is nice to have a feature that can delete my own messages including replies from other users when deleting original messages

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

563 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Delete Meeting Conversations in Chat

Hi,

I don't want to keep meeting conversation times and history in chats tab. Please create Delete option. This shouldn't be saved at all. It is pretty silly to have a hide button instead of a Delete but you have delete button to delete the text in the conversation? I can also see security issues with this.

Please add Delete soon in chat for meeting conversation. Otherwise, advise on how to get rid of these saved meeting conversations. The hide option is not helpful.

Thanks

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. consistent and flatten UI and badges

There are WAY too many tab-like layers in the UI leading to many ways to see the same content and inconsistent badges/indicators.

Suggestions:
    1. Remove the side bar with "Activity", "Chat", "Teams", etc. Switching between them constantly is very annoying.
    2. "Activity" should cease to exist. I should be able to see the most recent activity in a flat UI via badges.
    3. Make badges or indicators consistent. Using a red badge for unread messages AND then on the contacts using a red badge for busy status is very confusing to a casual glance to see what you missed. I…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.