Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sway in "+" tab

There should be the option to add sway presentations in the "+" app tab

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  48 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. rearrange channel tabs

Is it possible to rearrange tabs under a channel?

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. STOP CHANGING WHAT I TYPE

I absolutly HATE the way that when I type something chances are it's going to change to be something I didn't type. I would like to see the live preview of everything removed completely and for this to use github flavored markdown along with a consistent emoji syntax :joy:

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Office365 myApps Integration in MS Teams

We setup MS Teams for some teams in our company. What i miss is the option to add a new tab which contains the myApps from the office365 Portal. We developed own enterprise Apps which are accessible over the 0365 portal but i need to append them in MS Teams to the single user.
    Add a Website with "myapps.microsoft.com" or "portal.office.com" are shown in MS Teams but they wont work. Any future plans for integration?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Failed to display "comments" of PDF

Comments of the PDF file failed to display when open directly with Teams

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to have non-threaded channels

I'd like the capability when I add a new channel to make it non-threaded. Threaded conversations are great for some channel topics, but other more casual channels get too cluttered with multiple threads. I'd prefer to have the flexibility to decide which format I want when I create the channel.

602 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is still being considered by the feature team but a final decision has not yet been made. I’m still awaiting more details.

-Warren

7. We want the Muppets from "real skype"!!!

The muppets are a great team building/ice breaking feature that can add life to a dull conversation. We want the Muppets!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear any additional news.
    -Warren

8. Make Teams for Mac available in App Store/VPP

I love that OneNote is available in the Mac App Store, and it'd be great if Teams were too since it's also free. Deploying, updating and generally managing VPP apps is much simpler than having to package manually etc. This would make deploying Teams to our Mac departments much easier.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Second Planner Tab in Teams, does not show up in Planner

When I create a second Planner tab in Teams, it does not appear in Planner. But I can open the tab via the link in Teams. The data from the second tab also does not appear in the Planner Dashboard. I think it's a bug.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We need more GIFS please...........

Please can you add more GIFS so we have more to choose from like we have on Twitter. It increases staff interaction and makes TEAMS really fun. I love TEAMS and this would make it perfect for me. Thanks very much in advance.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. unable to authenticate through browser pop

I am seeing a bug with the Teams’ desktop application (Windows and Mac) that doesn't support advanced security for user authentication.

When using the Teams’ desktop client the tab is unable to complete the authentication which pops a browser window to authenticate the user. The Teams’ web client pops the authentication window and authenticates the Teams’ tab user as expected.

The use case that triggered this: Trying to add a published Smartsheet to a tab in my Teams channel with the Smartsheet sheet publish option "Only available to users in owner's account" enabled.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include notifications based on keywords.

We need to get notifications based on keywords. For example: I am a subject matter expert for SAP and I like to know when SAP is typed into a channel so I can offer assistance.

627 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Don't hide channels in the "More channels" dropdown when there is space to display them

If there's only one more channel, it doesn't make sense to hide it behind a "More channels dropdown", you're not saving any space. I've noticed this with a few things in Teams, if there is room to display all of the channels vertically, or very few extra channels, it's bad UX to hide them behind a link.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I should be able to submit an attachment by hitting enter.

Right now, "enter/return" deletes the attachment. I have to click on the submit arrow. I actually want to just drag and drop an image and have it upload to the chat, no confirmation necessary. If i have to confirm, I should at least be able to hit enter to send.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Team (Office 365 Groups) classification visible in the the mobile app

While we can see the Teams classification in the desktop app and on the web, it is not visible in the mobile app. We believe it should be visible in the mobile app too as it would be important to understand a team classification (confidential, secret, etc) in ALL cases regardless of what methodology you use to access Teams.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

16. Relax browser support check

The current browser support check is too pessimistic and prevents some modern browsers from loading Microsoft Teams. For example, up-to-date Chrome on Ubuntu Linux is not considered a supported browser, even though changing the User-Agent string to Chrome on Windows allows Teams to load without any problems.

Please consider a) just letting the browser try to load Teams, b) using feature detection instead of the User-Agent string, or c) blacklisting known broken browsers instead of whitelisting if the User-Agent string is used.

408 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review by the feature team. No new details yet.
    -Warren

17. Can incoming emails sent into a channel generate notifications the same way conversations do?

If I'm following a channel I'd like to be able to receive notifications on ALL activity in that channel. The biggest thing that's missing is the ability to get banner notifications and a number in the Teams icon (like when someone posts a new conversation) for incoming emails to the channel.

We want to have a group of people monitor automated alerts coming into a channel and respond to them but without notifications we have to keep bringing the Teams window up and manually checking it.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team. No ETA for a decision yet.

-Warren

18. A single place to see all incoming message

It's currently very hard to see which messages are unread, you have to find all conversation and team channel written in bold in 2 distinct tab.
    It could be find that the Activity tab or a new tab name "Recent" list all conversation and team channel in a same place ordering them with most recent on top.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The Create Team button is broken

When I go to create a new team, I click on the "Create Team" button, and nothing happens/

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, is this still happening for you? If so, please send me your logs at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com. I’ll see if we can repro the issue and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

20. Adjust Team Picture (Reposition/Resize)

I find the lack of adjustment (positioning and zoom) annoying in Teams. I would like to be able to use a product/company logos for the team picture without having to manually crop/resize the pictures in microsoft paint using trial and error to get them to display nicely.

Pretty much all websites/chat programs has the functionality I have described. I have attached an example of the desired behaviour - available in Skype, but not available in Teams :(

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Wanted to post that we acknowledge this feedback. We’re cranking on quite a few new features, so while you won’t see this soon, please know its on our to-do list!

I’ll let you know as it progresses forward.

Suphatra

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base