Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rule: Only Members of a security group should be allowed to add Guest users on MSTeams

Issue Description: Customer want to ensure that only certain people can do this. These people are:
    1. Owner of the Team
    2. In the group FPDOXKUEXTERN (Security Group) the group is on SharePoint Admin Center > Sharing > Who can share outside your organization
    Let only users in selected security groups share with authenticated external users - FPDOXKUEXTERN

This worked two weeks back.
    If this is not possible customer would like to ensure that these people are:
    1. Owner of the Team
    2. Have the Role for adding guests set in the…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 182 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still discussing this suggestion. No decision has been made yet, but I’ll keep you posted.

-Warren

3. Ability to hide or minimize gifs (at user level)

I like a lot about Teams. However, one of the nice features of your main competitor is that on things like GIFs you can minimize them. GIFs are fun, but after the initial fun they are annoying to keep seeing auto playing in the feed. So a way to minimize them in the feed would be great.

501 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

4. add the Party Parrot emojis

Please add more emojis. For example
    Add the onion emoji.
    Add the poop emoji.
    Add a “curtsy” emoji to compliment the “bow”.
    Bring the fistbump emoji over from Skype into Teams.
    Add the Party Parrot emoji collection.
    Add emojis that relay more positive messages (most seem negative).
    Add flags emoji collection.
    Add “canyoutalk” emoji from Skype.
    Add medical-themed emojis for those who work in the medical field.

869 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review. I’ll keep following up with the feature team.

-Warren

5. Can we have an option to get rid of the Store icon in Teams?

Yeah, I get it, Microsoft wants to sell ****.

In a corporate environment, though, I can't actually buy anything. Nor do I want anything except a collaboration app that isn't a pain **********. So the icon is just more clutter in what I feel is an already-cluttered interface.

(I'm sure there are free apps in the store; I just don't care.)

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Editable Teams and Channels header

Proposed solution:

I have experience of using MatterMost (an on-premises Slack clone) and one of the features I really like is that each channel has an editable header. That header can contain markdown.

My team is a dev team and we use the channel header to display badges for our Continuous Integration (CI) builds. I'd really like to be able to do the same in Teams.

Problem right now, as described by one user:

I need the team description more easily visible. Right now I have to click on Edit to be able to see the description of the Team.…

595 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still be reviewed by the feature team. No additional details are available at this time.

-Warren

7. Removed users can see notifications and partial text on threads which they commented

1. Add a user to a private team
    2. Have the user comment on a thread
    3. Remove the user's access to the team
    4. The removed user will still receive notifications every time a different user replies to that thread.
    5. The user will see the preview text in the notification
    6. When the user clicks the notification, they do not have access (as expected)
    41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add more area to grip the title bar

The new ui changes make it very hard to move the desktop app around the screen. There are too many buttons on the title bar now and it seems the only grip point is between the search bar and the org link. It is very easy to miss click when trying to move the window around your desktop. I think that the search box should be reduced to add more title bar.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  11 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow to post a reply to a conversation via REST

Currently it is quite easy to start a conversation via the webhook of a channel.

It would be great if the POST of this webhook would return an conversation id. This id could then be used in a subsequent request to reply to the initial conversation.

350 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  32 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. In the german translation, please use 'du' instead of 'sie'

Please don't use the way too formal 'Sie', but instead 'Du'. This totally disturbs the user experience

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Would like the ability to import data to an existing SharePoint List

There is a feature to import data to a new SharePoint List. Would like to expand this to allow the import of new data to an existing SharePoint List.

I found a 3rd part add-in for this functionality, but our company does not allow that.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Embed Media

If you paste a link it should embed the media right in the chat (Gif, mp4, youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc.)

1,525 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

1,444 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The team is still reviewing this item. I hope to know of a decision soon.

-Warren

14. onenote

The new implementation of the OneNote tab is poor. The old process of creating a section within the Team Notebook was ok to a point, but needed the additional flexibility to create a tab with content from another notebook when required. The new process of prompting for a new notebook or to open an existing notebook or create a link to an existing notebook is messy. It slows the process of setting new teams with channels and will lead to inexperienced users creating new notebooks where they are not required. Also when a new notebook is created initially, then you…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks to the folks who flagged this bug is back. Please upvote to be subscribed to the status of this bug.

16. Nested Groups exceeded the Max Limit of 25

There is probably a suggestion for better integration for AD groups, but creating a team for Engineering our existing DL's are used to manage all membership. Adding a DL to a Team, that has many nested DL's does not seem allowed.

Need to
    1/ support AD Groups as a first class citizen
    2/ support for nested DL's that are greater than 25

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Files tab no longer opens General folder

The link to the General folder in the associated SharePoint document register is broken. This prevents attachment to be added to Conversations. Please make it possible to edit the Files link so that correct function can be reestablished. This would also allow people to use the Files tab to point to their prefered location rather than a predefined location based on Channel Name. This is a serious issue inhibiting adoption of Teams in my Company.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 328 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. The feature team is reviewing this ask and working on a solution for team templates without content, as well as considering ways to create teams from template with content (i.e. files, etc.). We will share an update as soon as one is available.

19. Templates for Planner

Would be good if we could have predefined templates for planner that we can then use for repetitive tasks eg onboarding a new starter.

This is a feature we had in Asana and have lost since moving to teams

613 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  37 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tag Files for Searchability

As we upload files, it would be great to have the option to add Tags for the files. That way, when utilizing search, we could enter tags to be able to find results based on the tags specified.

486 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is still under review. The feature team is digging into the details but have not made a decision yet.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base