Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Avoid chaos when you have a lot of teams and keep them findable with team metadata

When you have a lot of teams it becomes chaos and it's hard to find the team you are looking for. The idea is to add metadata to a team when you create it (see the attached images). With this metadata you can filter the list of available teams based on the type of team, owner(s), department, country, office location etc.

The Teams Admin should be able to configure the metadata fields in the Teams Admin Center.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Colour categories in Calendar

It would be really useful for the Outlook colour categories to show in the Teams calendar. I rely heavily on these to make sense of my calendar with a large number of appointments and in the current release of calendar this will make me likely to still revert back to Outlook rather than use Teams for calendar management.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow "Website" App for SharePoint.com URL's in GCC

It was previously stated that it is difficult for Microsoft to add the "Website" app to Microsoft Teams in GCC due to concerns over compliance. If opening up to any URL is a concern or difficult item to address, how about allowing links to *.sharepoint.com? This would allow users in Teams to have a more integrated experience and allow use of applications that are coming from trusted sources.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Government  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New calls ring while on call

While in a call and another comes in on my DID number or to a call queue I belong to the call rings in my headset and the Teams popup shows the call. It should not ring in my ear - at the very least it should be a lessor intrusive tone. This is more like a call-waiting option that needs to be added. Call Waiting on/off (columns for DID and Queues). More than likely for a call queue you are not going to take another call while in a call. There is a slight possibility you would if it…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add live voting and polling to Teams Live Events

With other platforms, you can ask participants to vote and or answer polling questions during the meeting/event. I would like to see functionality such as that available in Teams Live Events (and actually in regular meetings too).

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Incorporate Dante audio

The integration of Dante enabled audio for Teams Rooms will provide network integration of large room audio systems. This will ease incorporation with existing facilities as well as facilitate new installations.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PSTN Reverse Number Lookup (show username from Address book not PSTN number) in Teams Toast and Call History

When a PSTN user calls you on Microsoft Teams, if the number is in the address book I would like to be presented with the users name on the toast, not just the PSTN number. The same for call history or anywhere else a PSTN number appears in the client

284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Teams Meeting Host to Toggle Meeting Entry Exit Tones Conference Bridge Settings

As an O365 global admin there is no way to let my Teams users toggle these audio conferencing meeting preferences themselves.

There is only a global setting in the Teams/Skype admin portal that lets me turn on/off these audio conference bridge settings for the entire tenant. My users need to be able to modify these settings like they could in Skype for business.

If I was hosting a large Teams meeting and running a webinar you can see how disruptive entrance and exit tones would be as participants come and go. The problem is that I can't just disable them…

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. View and manage delegated calendars in Teams

We have had a number of executive assistants (a.k.a EA's / PA's / personal assistants) ask if they can manage a calendar which they have delegate/edit access to from within Microsoft Teams and it got me thinking, why can't they?

We would like to have the option to schedule/view meetings across multiple calendars from within Microsoft Teams

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a separate chat window in Teams

Instead of having to select the Chat category within teams and using the large teams screen, I would like to have a separate chat window as well as Chat Icon at the bottom toolbar.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a "Raise Your Hand" feature in meetings

When in a meeting with multiple people it would be nice to have a way to signal that you would like to speak so that you can be called upon by the meeting organizer.

This would allow users to show they have something to say, but they do not want to interrupt

265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When I select the "Reply all with IM" in Outlook it only opens a Teams chat window with the sender, same as "Reply with IM"

I turned on Teams as my default IM option from Outlook, but when I select the "Reply all with IM" it only opens a Teams chat window with the sender, same as "Reply with IM". Another colleague confirmed the same behaviour. Is this a bug, or is there something else I need to do in my setup for this to work correctly?

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flag message for follow-up and automatically add them to to to-do

Currently each message has:
    * save
    * thumbsup
    * Mark as unread
    * Copy link
    * Immersive Reader

options available in the upper-right corner. I'd suggest adding another.

Please could you add a "flag for follow-up" option. Clicking it should add it to a list of flagged messages that are exposed somewhere within Teams however the real value would come from giving us the option to have the message appear in Microsoft To-Do, thus the experience would be exactly the same as adding flagged messages from Outlook (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/using-microsoft-to-do-with-flagged-email-f90c37b0-4453-4756-a6d5-e2ef8d33b395). When someone marks the task in To-Do as complete then…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Easier Navigation

If you click on a teams, you should land directly on the first channel.
    There should be a breadcrumb navigation for the channels in the teams, which can be optionally displayed between teams name and tabs.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ring on all Devices - Incoming Call

When a Call comes in, it only rings in the headphones. But as we don't wear our headphones all day long, sometimes we can't hear it ringing.

Please make an option to ring on all attached devices (speaker + headphones).

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chat shoudl open as multiple pop up window like skype-helps to see multiple chat in parellel

1. Chat shoudl open as multiple pop up window like skype-helps to see multiple chat in parellel. Currently we cannot see 2 or more chats together . Need to click the person chat each time to swap between persons
    2.Teams should have a mimimze view . Currently it covers the entire desktop.and we cannot work on any other applications if teams is active window. So keep toggle between my tool and teams repeatedly to work. Atleast chat should be like a sparatee side vertical bar window like Skype . So that rest of the desktop area is uncivered and free…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bulk add team members via .csv file

Since this item seems to have died on the vine with an incorrect answer ("We have this" - no you don't), trying to revive it. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18240376-improve-add-members-to-team

Allow bulk adding of team members via .csv file.

Team Owners should not have to create a Distribution list or be an administrator to run PowerShell to bulk add users to a team.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Guest Presenter in Team Live Event Meeting

It does not appear that Guest users can be a presenter in a Live Event meeting. This is a key functionality as not all presenters will be employees.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable full SharePoint navigation

I've linked to a communiction SharePoint homepage in a tab in teams expecting it to essentially be the full SharePoint experience but it cuts out the navigation and literally just shows the web parts of the home page.

I want to be able to navigate the SharePoint as normal from here but from some reason Teams cuts this out.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Blur Background by default option

Please add the option to Blur the background on every call.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.