Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Remote control for external contacts(Guests) when you share your screen

Right now, if you have a Meeting with someone that is not part of your Tenant, you only can share your screen to present what are you seeing at your screen; but if you want that the guest could take remote control of your screen this cannot be performed.

Please enable remote control for external contacts (Guest) in order to use Teams instead of Join.me or Teamviewer

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. calls come through when im on a call

When I'm already on a call if a new call comes in, Teams still rings as if I'm available. It should give a busy tone, go to voicemail or just ring-out - but do it silently in the background. Or with minimal interruption. If I'm on a call it will reduce the audio to allow Teams to ring!

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use Teams to replace Cisco Tele-Presence

We would like to use Teams and decommission our Cisco video conference room equipment. We need to lock video from site A to display to site B and in turn have site B lock on site A.

Today the current video options allow multiple screens at one time and the conference room get reduced to either 50% or 25% depending on the number of participants that join from home or phone. We have two large offices in the US and this request is mainly for our executive team, key influencers and budget approvers.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add geolocation

Add the geolocation possibility on the smartphone apps and on the desktop app as well.
    So the user can find out where other team members are located.
    The user must have the possibility to share his position or not with other members (for privacy or security reasons).
    When we click on the position of the user, the possibility to see the position on a map is also needed.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to turn off "Member joined the team" notifications

Create a setting to turn off "Member joined the team" and "...removed Member from the team" posts in the General channel.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams does not respect "Do Not Disturb" on MacOS.

When I set my Mac to "DO NOT DISTURB" Teams still pops up notifications. This is really annoying when I'm sharing my screen in a meeting.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Screen Sharing greyed out for external contacts

Looks like there is no way to share my screen with someone outside my organization. The dedicated button is just greyed out.

Teams shows the following message in the chat window: "... is outside your organization. Some Teams features won't be available"

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shifts- let the lunch hours be copied with the shift itself

Right now, you can create a shift and add an un-paid lunch, but that DOES NOT copy to the rest of the week/schedule if you copy/paste that shift. It would be nice to "default" a non-paid lunch on an 8-5 or 9-6 shift.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I need "Read" flag to know who has read my message.

I need "Read" flag to know who has read my message.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please enable the ability to edit contact information within Contacts under Calls without going back to Outlook to edit a contact.

One currently has to go into Outlook to edit a contacts and contacts are not immediately sync'd between the two applications. Please allow more edit functionality within Teams and sync between both Outlook and Teams when a contact is edited in real time.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop Mobile Teams Meetings from Being Interrupted by Mobile Phone Calls

When in a Teams meeting on Mobile Teams and we receive a mobile phone call to the mobile phone line, we are completely disconnected from the meeting. The mobile phone line call should only be shown as a toast and soft ring in the background instead of completely disconnecting us from the meeting (quite like getting a second call while on your mobile phone - your current call doesn't disconnect but you hear a soft ring in the background and have the option to reject or accept the call).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow upload of pre-recorded video

It would be great to upload a pre-recorded video such as a or town hall. This would allow producers to switch between the pre-recorded content and the live component.
    It would also allow people to use Live Events for webinars with better production value as they could record the content beforehand and then be available to answer Q&A live.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the use of existing USB handset like Polycom CX300

Would love to be able use our existing investment in devices like the Polycom CX300 USB handset with Teams. I can understand why LPE devices won't be supported, but would like to see simple USB phones supported with the client.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Video file support/ビデオファイル(音)対応

We often use the introductory video at the start of a company-to-company meeting. I want to share it even when using Teams.
    I want to use video and sound effects in PPT
    会社間の打合せ開始時に、紹介ビデオをよく使う。それをTeamsを使ってもシエアしてうちあわせしたい。
    PPTの中のvideoも、効果音も使いたい。

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple Teams windows open at once

I want to have two or more Teams windows open at the same time, but the desktop version doesn't to that.

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatically Log Attendance During Teams Meetings

I host a lot of webinar trainings for associates and track attendance. Currently I have to ask participants to put their first and last name in the chat box to log attendance. It would be nice if teams could automatically track that and even give us the option to export to excel.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hide a user from Microsoft Teams

It would be very beneficial to be able to hide a user from showing as a Microsoft Teams user. Right now it is super confusing for users when old staff members whose mailboxes are still being used show in Microsoft Teams. There is currently no option to hide these users from showing as contacts in chats.

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Blur Background by default option

Please add the option to Blur the background on every call.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Shifts Swap portions of your shift.

Ability to have someone cover your shift entirely or just a portion. Example I need to take off 2 hours early but I only need to offer up those 2 hours to someone else. I will work the rest of the 8 hour shift.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Copying text - hovering menu hides the end of the text

When copying text from a message, the ending of the message is hidden by the "More Options" hover.

1,221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

326 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m thrilled to announce that redesigned and expanded message actions have begun rolling out to all users.

This includes:
    1) message actions, also referred to as “…”, moving up and out of the way of text, and
    2) enabling new reaction types including Like, Heart, Laugh, Surprised, Sad, and Angry.

Enjoy!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.