Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There seems to be a bug that prevents me from setting my status to anything other than "offline"

Very simply put: no matter what I do, my status remains "offline" forever. If I select "online" or "Appear away" or "Busy" or anything really, it stays offline. People can't message me nor call me nor videocall me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove red dot from calls icon

The red dot on the calls icon makes you think as if there's something important to be aware of. This is irritating each time you open Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hover the mouse pointer from end to end on the screen when having a control of desktop sharing

We have a problem with moving the mouse pointer on the sharing desktop when having a control in Teams meeting with desktop sharing in Microsoft Teams. I would like to ask you to fix this issue and make it move from end to end on the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Brazillian number in our Skype for Business

How do we get a Brazillian number in our Skype for Business. Becuase the emergiansy address does their are no Latin American countries available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move the message option control out of the message

Move the message option control out of the message. It prevent user from copying the last part of the message if the message is short (which is covered by ).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please Add search functionality in chatroom

Please add feature search button functionality in chatroom or chatbox

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use the latest version of Roboto on Teams for Android.

The current Android app (Version 1416/1.0.0.2019051402(ring3_9) seems to be using an outdated version of Roboto from before Android 5. The app can just rely on the system font instead of packaging Roboto with it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. After pasting in multiple lines of text. When i try to copy it back out of the chat it adds extra carriage returns between each line

After pasting in multiple lines of text. When i try to copy it back out of the chat it adds extra carriage returns between each line

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. French keyboard layout shortcut not avalible in Mac

In Microsoft Teams for Mac, the option for French keyboard layout shortcut is not available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Would like to restore the entire Microsoft Teams when restoring with retention policies

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の復元について

Would like to restore the entire Microsoft Teams when restoring with retention policies

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams をアイテム保持ポリシーにて保持した場合に、ファイルやメッセージ等の各コンテンツごとに保持する必要があり、監査を目的とした調査を行う場合に把握がしづらいため、ユーザーが利用していた環境と同様の状態で復元できる機能を要望いたします。
    Microsoft Teams は多くの機能を 1 つのユーザーインターフェースで利用可能なため、監査を目的として調査を行う場合には、ユーザーが利用していた時と同様に様々な機能を同時に確認できる環境がないと状況の把握が困難となり、調査が不十分となる可能性があります。
    そのため、Microsoft Teams の保持機能につきましては、タブに追加したファイルや機能を含む、すべての状況を復元する機能の提供を強く要望いたします。

In case you would like to retain Microsoft Teams with retention policies, you can only retain each item such as a file and a message individually, instead of retaining the entire Microsoft Teams. It might be difficult to check the contents of Microsoft Teams consistently when performing surveys for audit purpose because it is not exactly the same environment that users are in.
    For improvement of usability and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to be able to flag or add conversation points in a thread to a to do list similar to outlook.

I would like to be able to flag or add conversation points in a thread to a to do list similar to outlook.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. thin client

I miss a thin client just for the messaging, like a pop-up in order not to need to open the whole application.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Some way to tag posts as "sarcasm"

It is usually harder to understand subtext/context in written communication. It would be nice to somehow "tag" a post/message as containing sarcasm / being sarcastic.
    That would greatly help avoiding missunderstandings :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copy Last One Word when the sentence is long

Cannot copy the last word in numbers when the sentence is long.
    When the mouse is moving to the last word, the icons like this message and save message keeps popping out. Please see the attachment and please help to fix it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. i want to close chats when im done

i dont want a billion chats open, only the ones that are current I want to be able to close the ones I'm done with

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it possible to permanently hide the 'X is out of office and may not respond.' message.

It's fine to let me know the first time I log in, but once I've closed this the first time, I don't need to see it again.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)