Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I cannot see the preview of uploaded image when I'm using teams so I cannot even upload text or file related with image..

I cannot see the preview of uploaded image my coworker send and I cannot even upload text or file which is including a image..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. iOS cannot turn off screen during call

Allow users to turn off screen when on a conference call and using the phones earpiece or speaker. Right now, call is terminated if device power button is pressed. Note:this desired functionality is in place for Bluetooth/headphones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 文字の大きさがクライアント側で変えられない

クライアントのアプリケーションで表示文字のサイズくらいは変えられるようにしたい。
    一般的なアプリケーションでは普通に出来ることが出来ないようでは競争が激しいSNS分野としては遅れていってしまう。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PLAYING wav FILE

So.. When PLAYING wav FILES from Shared Documents Library the media player timeline and controls appear below the bottom padding of the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move the banner to the top right or allow setting to move it. It covers the text box.

The notification banner shows in the bottom right. Allow users to select where they want it (top or bottom). It covers up the text box so I cannot see what I am typing when it appears.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort conversations so the latest posts are at the top rather than bottom

Messages currently come in with latest content at the bottom of the page. Would be good to be able to re-sort so the conversations with the most recent traffic are at the top. Also, move the "Start a new conversation" to the top so that its clear you're adding a new conversation and not responding to a prior thread (we have a lot of newbies who don't use the "reply" because the compose bar is on the bottom, and thus end up creating a bunch of new threads accidentally).

Conversations in Groups starts at the top and forces old ones…

906 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, thanks so much for this request.

We have thought this through and decided to prioritize other user-requested items, so this one has been declined. But please don’t stop telling us what you want, because we’re still working to get many of those done. We’re listening and appreciate your support and patience.

Suphatra

7. You'll need to shorten your message to send it -- still displays even on empty chat

The error in a grey box with white text above the text field in a chat still says "You'll need to shorten your message to send it." even when "Type a new message" is displayed in the empty chat box. Persists after restarting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need to add Custom Fields and Export to Excel

My company is looking for a service almost exactly like the Planner App that is embedded within Microsoft Teams.

The only thing holding my colleagues back from the switch is the lack of customization which is typically associated with MS products.

Specifically, we need to add a Project Worth ($$$) section to help us convert qualitative data into something quantifiable. Additionally, it would be nice if we could export the fields to Excel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Check who is in a location

It would be great functionality to be able to Search in Who for who's address is in a specific city or province/state

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Share conversations to another Team

how to share existing conversations to other Team or Channel?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The "Use the app version" screen keeps on appearing

Despite repeatedly dismissing the advertising to use the app version, it keeps on showing up every once in a while.

How many times does one need to indicate that they're not interested in installing an app before the hint is taken?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. School Principal-Easily allow one click join Team from

I’m a school principal. We currently use Teams in house but I’d like capability to create a Team for parents and community so that we can post flyers, leave notices about school activities and have access for teachers to create their own channel for parents to follow. Right now it would be too difficult to individually invite every parent by adding their email address. Ability to send home a half sheet flyer that says,
    1. Download the Teams app
    2. Join our team by...

Would be amazing! Admin & teachers could monitor who joins and I would most likely turn…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ui basics need to improve

When you drop a file to upload and click send. You have to wait and press send when it’s done to finally send the file.
    When you click download, you have to view the file first before you can download. By clicking on the three dots. Why can’t the option be available right from the file entry?
    When the app loads the default should be chats and not the group chats. Or give us an option.
    When the app loads. Keeping itself on the background until it’s ready is better than watching the loading screen.
    When the app requires login…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adjust zoom to view all buckets simultaneously

Can we adjust the zoom in the Planner program. I have several buckets, and it would be beneficial if I could view them simultaneously.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Audio and video call buttons missing

using the Teams app on Windows 10, the instructions for calling someone with an audio or video call don't work. the buttons are missing. the buttons are only present on people who are in my teams contacts.
    here are the instructions from Microsoft. it doesn't mention contacts:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/video-start-chats-and-make-calls-a864b052-5e4b-4ccf-b046-2e26f40e21b5?wt.mc_id=otc_microsoft_teams

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create dark versions for iOS and macs

Dark mode is so much better and easier on the eyes! I love it on my windows computer, but wish I could use it on my Mac too!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Your message is too long. Please shorten it before sending"

Who are you to decide how long my messages should be? If I want to post a long stack trace, I should be able to do it.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Possibility to hide the team listing

Hide the team listing because it's take a lot of space on the left

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Screen Share by Low Resolution Devices (eg Surface Pro 3) appears Blurry or Fuzzy

Discussed with MS Office 365 Support. When a team member with a Surface Pro 3 shares her screen the text appears blurry or fuzzy. Support advises this is due to the Surface Pro 3 having screen size resolution that is not supported by MS Teams. The Surface Pro 4 has a size of 2700 x 1800 which is 600 pix higher than the 3. There is no work around. Users with low resolution screen device are unable to share screens and have their screen appear clearly.

If user with low resolution screen device wants to share screen we cannot use…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Turn off notifications in meeting

Would like for pop-up notifications to be automatically disabled when I'm in a meeting (as they interrupt screen-sharing presentations, etc.)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.