Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams on iPad

When I use Teams on my iPad Pro and click on a notes link another Notes app starts instead of Microsoft One Note.
    How can I change this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The UI/UX is suck...

Change Like slack - no depth, no distribution, but on screen channel as SLACK DOES~!!!!!

Take off yourself and do like slack. Mimic is not shame..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I can not make a new reservation for a conference. 500 error will be returned even after posting

I can not make a new reservation for a conference. 500 error will be returned even after posting.

The console is displayed as follows
    {"errorCode": "InternalServerError", "message": "Failed to execute SchedulingService backend request CreateMeetingRequest. Request Url: https://scheduler.teams.microsoft.com/teams/v1/meetings, Request Method: POST, Response Status IncludeSubDomains \ r \ nDate: ***** GMT \ r \ nServer: Microsoft - IIS / 10.0 \ r \ nX Code: InternalServerError, Response Headers: Strict - Transport - Security: max - age = *******; -AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319 \ r \ n "}," status ": 500," _ codeEnum ": 0," _ code ":" InternalServerError "," _ message ":" Failed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I can not make a new reservation for a conference. 500 error will be returned even after posting

I can not make a new reservation for a conference. 500 error will be returned even after posting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide ability to tag/link to a specific Teams conversation

Ability to tag/link to a specific conversation. This one is pretty basic but extremely critical when you are trying to reference a conver

This seems pretty basic but would be extremely useful when you want to reference a team member to a specific conversation in a Planner Task, Email, etc.

Provide ability to tag/link to a specific Teams conversation. This seems pretty basic but would be extremely useful when you want to reference a team member to a specific conversation in a Planner Task, Email, etc.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. when copying a message background should not be copied too

When you select a message and copy it to "MS Word" for example, the background is also copied.
    Instead, only the text should be copied.

Two options a least, copy formatted or not formatted.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add thread display options

Have an option to turn off threads in a channel and display all messages by time.

Set threads to be anchored by original post time.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AUTO SPELL CHECK IN IPHONE APP OMGGGGGG

AUTO SPELL CHECK IN MOVILE APP

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move the notifications to another area or another screen

The notifications keep popping up in an area of my screen that I use on a constant basis. The notifications are on top of everything, so I have to mute channels, close the notification, or just turn them off completely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notifications needs to be better on android devices. I am having OnePlus running Android Oreo and most of the times Teams doesn't update in

Notifications needs to be better on android devices. I am having OnePlus running Android Oreo and most of the times Teams doesn't update in background and I don't receive Notifications. I have to rely on mails for updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Call a channel using the mobile app

In the desktop app you can set up a call which is recorded in the channel and other people can see that it's happening. Currently on the mobile app you can only direct call another person or group of people

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Aggreagte the tasks from channels to show how the overall team is doing

I want to use this to be able to show champions how the overall team is doing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams should have cute or funny stickers like Viber for example =)

Teams should have cute or funny stickers like Viber for example =)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show Dial Plans normalization in Teams

To show Dial Plans normalization in Microsoft Teams like Skype for Business does.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Link to Wiki section should go there instead of to wiki page top

At least in the Windows app, a link to a wiki's section takes you to the top of the wiki page - instead of scrolling to the specific wiki section. The longer wikis get, the more irritating this bug becomes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make "Reply" more prominent (but taking less screen estate)

I noticed that people (in particular novices) often start a new conversation when they want to reply to an existing post.

This breaks the flow of conversations, as you now have two conversations referring to the same topic.

Obviously they should use "Reply", however this button is less prominent than the "start new conversation" box and therefore often missed.

On the other hand, many people complain that the "Reply" lines under each conversation take a lot of screen estate. See https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16925779-hide-the-reply-button-under-every-message and many similar posts.

Maybe you can find a design which addresses both problems? Like a big square reply…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ADM Templates

We would really make good use of user ADM templates to control aspects of Teams, like the ability to disable running on startup, proxy connections, and other settings. We currently have no easy way of disabling already installed versions of Teams from running on startup, which is causing various issues for teachers in lessons.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.