Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding a person to a two person chat thread forces a new chat

I noticed when I am in chat with one other person and try to add a third that a new chat is forced. There is no option to include the history of the chat. But, once a three or more person chat is created adding a new person gives the option to include history.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I keep getting "logged-out" even though i have a full internet connection and have the program opended

I keep getting "logged-out" even though i have a full internet connection and have the program opended

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. An easier way to create themes and customize the background for Skype room systems vw

Why not a standalone tool for creating skypesettings.xml ? similar to SRS v2 setup with additional ability to choose background.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. adaptive controller bundles

so the people who need apadtive controllers cant afford to pay 65$ per button as long and as much money as i have put into xbox products this is like a slap in the facei had a stroke lost my lefy hand and cant even play the games i had alreadt bought now

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Recent Tab Clutter

To reduce clutter can we remove the option for view the last chat message received that is shown under the users name in the Recent tab?

See attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep all options on the screen

Stop disappearing options and representing them with mouse movement. The changing UI drives me crazy. Give us a stable UI like Skype had.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I just noticed that a reply to an older post bumps that post to the most recent...which makes the history of the channel more complicate.

I noticed that when a reply is made to an older post, it bumps that posted conversation to the most recent, even if it's months old. That makes it challenging when trying to go back and review the chronological history of channel conversation. Curios to know if others are experiencing challenges with this feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add item meeting notes bottom

When inserting a new item into a Meeting Notes, there should be an option to have the item get inserted at the top of the existing notes, not default to the bottom of the list. As the Meeting Notes tab has become a chronology of the points from previous week's meetings, a user needs to 'move up' the new item to ensure the most recent information is displaying at the top of the Meeting Notes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It is really complicated to add dial in numbers to anything outside of enterprise grade

Please make it easier to add dial in numbers to plans that aren't enterprise grade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Email to Office 365 Group (Teams)

Hello,
    Can we please have the below idea added to Teams?

If I or an external contact sends an email to the Office 365 Group email, besides the group member receiving the email in their inbox, a new messaging threat should be created in Teams as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change mouse cursor for scroll bars in OneNote view

App: Teams
    Scenario: Viewing a OneNote Notebook
    Issue: Mouse cursor stays as a text cursor over the scrollbars
    Suggested fix: Change scrollbar cursor to a pointer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications and Views

1. I want to see my individual chats and my teams all at the same time. It is a pain to have to toggle between those buttons to go from an individual conversation then back to my team.

2. I need to be able to hear when a new message pops in. I want to be able to select the sound, and also adjust the volume. Most of the time, I cannot hear anything when I have a new message and this is causing delays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "See more"needs to be Defined better

I hear this all the time that people skip over the words "See more"
    I don't understand this but it happens to a lot to people that are new to teams or don't use it much.

we need "See More" to be better defined, so people understands
    the message was cut off and you must expand to see all the post.
    I think part of the issue could be if the post is cut off over white space, it could look like the end of the post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. guest acount lifecycle management

The pool of guest accounts grows quickly with temporary accounts. For GDPR, but also for housekeeping, a function for guest account lifecycle management is needed, where guest confirm the continued usage or delete of the account. A similar feature is in for access review - for the group / team membership. Similar feature is required for the account as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In the desktop version, via "Add cloud storage" added sharepoint folder is not showing in ios/andoroid app files section

When I add cloud storage to channel files in desktop version, it works fine and shows up as file tree. BUT(!) when I open teams in ios/android app, and check the files in channel, the mentioned cloud storage is missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. show subject in saved conversations

When you open the list of saved conversations, I think it would be usefull to also show the subject of the conversation.
    The information that is shown at this moment is insufficient to find a conversation quickly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Poor integration with Outlook. Meetings don’t seem to update back and forth.

Teams does. It appear to integrate with MS Outlook. It’s causing havoc with our ability to schedule meetings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.