Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. provide mechanism to tailor the member list that has access to a channel of a Team

enable owners to configure members access to channels within a Team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IMPROVE AUDIO QUALITY

We just started using Teams in my company, as they will replace skype. Quality in the audio calls is very bad. Can you help to improve?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Merge Calls and Chat

PSTN Calls have a dedicated tab. Merging with "Chats" could be a good thing since they are both a conversation, just a different media. Currently Chats allows IM, Voice, Video, just add PSTN as an option to reach user, and include PSTN-only Users (Outlook contact, dial pad). Would make the GUI simplier.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We have office for business & WANT teams education for our internal & external courses

We area global training team with a large reach to internal and external audiences and really want to use the new fucnations within Teams Education. When we asked attempted to turn on these great new features our IT team stated Office for Business doesn't include Teams Education. We have been pushing Office 365 capabilities and assignments is a perfect use case and much more that would be simply integrated into our courses vs using external software options that don't work with our other native Office 365 products.
    thanks
    steve

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Undo button in Wiki for accidental deleting of text

Hi, I was attempting to copy a paragraph from a wiki section and as soon as I highlighted the paragraph, I accidentally deleted the data (typing too fast). Since the wiki updates in real time, the information was instantly gone with no way to retrieve it. I checked the SharePoint site but it's not in the recycle bin (since it wasn't a file, only a paragraph) and the wiki file in SharePoint had already updated with my deletion in a matter of seconds. Is there any way to add an undo button for typing, even if it doesn't apply to…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The application is really slow, either Mobile our desktop app.

App is slow and time off desappears from time to time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tab Functionality

We can't reorganize items in folders without breaking tabs.

We sometimes have 15 people working on one project in a Team channel, and we add tabs to keep everyone organized. Every time someone moves an item (between folders, adds a subfolder, etc.), it breaks the tab. It wastes a lot of time to have to rebuild every tab each time we move an item between folders and subfolders, and now we feel hindered in getting documents organized because no one wants to keep redoing tabs.

Can we please have an option that lets us move items without breaking tabs? This…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the notification banner larger

We would like the ability to adjust the way the notification box acts and looks. We would like to have control of how long it shows the notification, whether the notification stays on top of other windows, and how large the notification window is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How to keep system volume from going to 20 after hanging up at the end of a teams meeting

I normally keep my computer volume at 7. But lots of times after hanging up at the end of a teams meeting my volume goes to 20 all by itself and I don't realize it until my computer makes a sound again. Got a new computer, and the same thing happens. 20 is too loud for where I work. How do I keep teams from adjusting that on me? I'm not even using my computer for audio. I join without audio, and have the teams meeting call me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tried the new teams - why can't I collapse it into a sidebar view?

I usually keep Skype for Business up on the right side of my screen in a narrow vertical view that doesn't take up too much of my screen. The new Teams version is super wide and it can't be narrowed. Will this be fixed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow channels to have their own members

We have too many teams and hard to manage or even categorise. We need the ability to create channels under a team that you can assign it’s own members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Quickly setting status without bringing the app into focus

It would be nice to be able to quickly set your status by right clicking on the icon in the taskbar without bringing the application into focus

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix screen sharing remote control user'ss mouse click

Fix mouse clicks for screen sharing under remote control for MacOS. As the remote user, having requested and been granted control, my mouse clicks work maybe 10% of the time, if at all.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create index on Conversations

Each Team should be able to search for a specific conversation subject on an index. Like an inbox where we can sort by subject and easily find the conversation we're looking for.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. managing chat members

I am not able to remove previously added chat-members. a workarround would be starting a new chat with the other members but then i will loose the chat-history. any other Ideas ?

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to set subject as mandatory on channels

When using a channel to publish important content to a team, it would be nice to be able to set subject as mandatory on channel settings for new conversations.
    When subject is set to mandatory, expanded compose box should be visible by default.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Close Skype chat window while screen sharing

When screen sharing in Teams there is a large chat window on the right which takes up a lot of screen space. It would be nice if I could close that window.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reword Microsoft permissions statement that guest users have to accept

A external guest that was invited by an organization to join Microsoft teams has to accept a Microsoft permissions statement, which states that the organization would like to sign you in, read your name, email, and perhaps photo. Should this say email address, instead of email? It sounds like the guest is agreeing for the organization to be able to read the emails under the email address they are using to sign up with.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. export results

it would be helpful to:
    1. export results without the need of scoring points
    2. export results merged from different assignments
    3. export results as .xlsx instead of .csv

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the possibility for floating video

I would love to have the ability to Strip of the video window from the Teams client to float above all other program windows. Please check and implement!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base