Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FONT- is so hard to read.

The ability to change the font to pretty much anything else would be great.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preview Onedrive or Sharepoint files

Fix lack of previews for OneDrive or Sharepoint links.

I'm guessing this is a bug, as I fail to see why it would be by design, but for some reason OneDrive and Sharepoint are the only services where a direct file link posted to a channel doesn't generate a preview.

If you post a link to a file in Box, Dropbox or Google Drive, you get a little inline preview of the file. But not with either of Microsoft's services. With those you're just left with a long ugly string of characters to deal with (see attached).

Ironically Slack will…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. under activity which shows recent items, add an option to favorite an item or pin it

under activity which shows recent items, add an option to favorite an item or pin it. somehow let the user save it to the list

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. emoji menu

The Emoji Menu shortcut (ALT+Q according to docs) doesn't work for replies. Once you select an emoji from the menu, it sends the emoji to the "Start a new conversation" input bar instead of the Reply input bar. This happens even if you click into the reply bar first and then click ALT+Q. Since Emoji's are mostly used in replies, this behavior makes little sense.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Size

It would be nice to be able to adjust the size of the font, the chat messages and overall size of the Microsoft Teams program itself, it takes up a lot of space.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Team Conversations need to have an alert, flash or some other notification that there is new information in the Team chat

We have many teams and having an alert to notify you that there is an active conversation in process would be great!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. links in planner tasks

Resolve links when they are posted as comments in Planner and viewed from the Teams Desktop App

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Windows app should be in the Windows store

Even if there won't be a modern UWP app for Teams, the Win32 app should be available through the Microsoft Store so it is discoverable by Windows 10 users (that's where I looked first, with no luck of course).

247 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature is still in the works. There was some adjustments to the overall strategy.
    I’ll try to get some additional details and share them with you.

-Warren

9. Screen sharing broken with macOS 10.13.4 2018-001 security update

After installing the 2018-001 security update to macOS 10.13.4, screen sharing in Teams no longer works. A full re-install of macOS 10.13.4 (released prior to the security update) is required to restore screen sharing functionality in Teams. Screen Sharing continues to work in Skype for Business and other applications after the security update, so this does appear to be an issue with the Teams desktop client.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Full Learning Tools to Teams

Being able to use the full accessibility functions of the Learning Tools is a must for ELs and other special populations. The appeal of Teams is not having to login to multiple platforms. Please add full functioning Learning Tools to Teams including the picture dictionary.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ipad

When using Teams on iPad, and when holding iPad in horizontal orientation, than upon video calling someone, I see myself in the right bottom corner in a small VERTICAL standing rectangle. This is a bug. Rotating iPad does not help. In horizontal orientation, I would like to see myself in the right bottom corner also in small horizontal rectangle.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. InVision Integration

I'd like to be able publish my invision projects to teams this would really help with communication and planning when working on company wide projects.
    Currently the only alternative I can use is Slack and as we're currently trialing teams without this integration it could mean a move away from Microsoft teams.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Open Custom Team Tabs in Mobile App

Custom built tabs should be opened inside the mobile Teams App, so tabs can use features like TeamContext.
    My custom tab uses authentication relying on the Teams JS libary, which does not work properly, when opening outside Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding Metrics and Access

Two suggestions:

1. We need visibility in to who has opened teams or who has marked the activity feed unread. As well as visibility in to which teams and channels they are commenting in.

2. Access is restricted to everyone but admins, and being in a company of 5000+, it's impossible to convince our Support team to give us Admin access. So making the metrics more available to users would help streamline processes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make notifications work on Mac wihtout teams running

I'd like Notifications to work on Mac when I don't have the Teams app open. Maybe that Teams Helper app could run in the background as a daemon even when Teams.app isn't open.

I hacked it into working by making a second copy of the Teams app and adding <key>LSUIElement</key><true/> to the Info.plist file inside the package contents. Now I can always run the 'background' copy to get notifications with no dock icon and open the original Teams app when I want to use the interface.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make RSS Feeds live

RSS feeds do not come in as a live feed which is important for real time client problems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Email frequency notification option bug

When I click on the Email Frequency notification setting on my Mac, the dropdown box only has 3 options and it's missing "Once every 8 hours", "Once a day", and "never". This used to work for me in the previous update.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search option in chats

Is it possible to do a search in chats?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Files In Teams Function More Like Windows Explorer

The Windows File Explorer has always been great at handling and moving files. In Teams, moving and managing files and folders is very inefficient. Having folder trees and drag and drop capability would make the experience much much better. We really want to use Teams as a front end for our OneDrive store, and use OneDrive as a file share for remote users. This is currently not an option as using Teams in this manner is rather inefficient.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Control notification when Add members

Team's administrators sometime would like to avoid the automatic built-in email welcome message sent to a new member when he/she's being added to a Team but sent a custom message in a later time explaining the new members the whole contact of the new team they've been invited to. Option to uncheck email notification (similar to what SharePoint provides is very needed to address this scenario.
    In addition, the timing of sending this email welcome message should be changed to after all members at this cycle are being added so admin can regret and remove from the list potential members…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base