Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Kualitas suara kurang baik

Suara kurang jelas

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Only see msgs from favorites on Teams Mobile App

An option that allows you to only receive messages from Favorites or Priority. In a global role this is important as people call after hours that I don’t want to hear from but others that I do want to hear from

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. shifts

Please allow the lunches to be visible in the full schedule. this should be a recurring item.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Typo in the "last seen field" in chat

In the Danish version of the Android app there is a spelling mistake.

At the top of the windows for chat it says: "Sidst set I går".

The correct spelling is with a small I: "Sidst set igår"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want to unlike a message without liking it first, so I can acknowledge it without saying it is a good thing

Should be able to unlike, or thumbs down a message. Basically a quick acknowledgement of the situation that itself is not a good thing.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to Share Team Code or link from iPad

When working with Teams on an iPad there isn’t the option to send a new Member a Link to the Team or access the Team Code. As the owner of a Team I’m using an iPad. But my admin tools are missing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How do you move a conversation to archive?

Emails are being sent to teams to request assistance. These emails need to be archived. How do you archive? T-bot does not know.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If you plan to have it replace Skype for Business, then it needs to have the functionality of Skype for Business

Skype for Business
    worked great for what I needed, a simple way to communicate to other employees. Teams does not work well for that purpose at all, we are constantly having messages being missed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Forwarding message feature!

Title speaks for itself :) That would be really cool.

Love you, MT!

475 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This is still under review, no decision has been made. But I will keep following up with the feature team and providing them your feedback.

-Warren

11. Add Teams Add-on to Salesforce

Create a phone/notes interface in Salesforce to allow Microsoft Phone System users to be able to make calls to customers (Click-to-Dial) with a notes box to add to the contact or customer record in Salesforce.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Word document viewer to show revision tracking and comments

By default you cannot see comments or revision tracking in Word documents within Teams until you select Edit.

This can be highly misleading, and doesn't make sense for a collaborative environment.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adopt Stride's Interface

We are migrating to Microsoft Teams after using Stride since it was first released. Microsoft Teams has a lot of the functionality, but the interface is super clunky. Stride was late to the game and didn't get the market share, but it's interface was next level. My suggestion is to study the UI/UX and what made it great. Specifically putting the 'channels'/rooms on the same list as direct messages. Stop burying functionality and bring it more surface.

Also, the way Stride handles my ability to select what notifications I want to get from each channel/room or direct message is much…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PC running very slow after installing Microsoft Teams

I installed Teams about a week ago and noticed my PC running slower and certain applications (Outlook and Adobe Acrobat) frequently are in a "not responding" mode since then. The Teams app also takes up a lot of RAM (324MB). Planning to uninstall and will use only the web interace

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add ampersand capability in email address login, currently cannot use app if email has an ampersand

add ampersand capability in email address login, currently cannot use app if email has an ampersand (e.g. an apostrophe)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set up a channel to work like a "virtual room"

Set up a channel to work like a "virtual room" so that for example chat is not accessible for people outside, and you can easily turn on/off sound, mic, screen sharing and video. It is also important that you can see who is in the rooms (channels). Much like the Sococo solution does (https://www.sococo.com/) that we use today for this.

This way can we combine our virtual office environment with the team and project collaboration.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a startpage/overview for each team/channel

Add a startpage/overview for each team/channel, with free writing and the possibility to link to internal Teams objects like tabs, use macros and so on. Just like Confluence - or like Dropbox Paper/Quip page. Make it possible to choose your own first tab in a channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. default calendar in Planner

The Schedule section of a Planner tab defaults to the current month.

It would be great if you're creating a Planner tab for a future month that you could choose to default the Schedule section to that month.

For example, if you create a June 2019 Planner tab today, when you click to the Schedule section of that tab it would be great if you can default the schedule to June 2019 instead of having it show the current month.

It's annoying to have to scroll to the month you want every time you hit the Schedule section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create the ability to attach a sticky note to a document in Files or a Document Library

We are standardizing on teams as a UI for business. This means that we have items in the Document Library or the Files area that are often Works in Progress. I would like to see the ability to attach a note, or tag or some other entity visible at the folder level that could display a quick note on mouse over. For example, we might have an existing expense policy that someone could mouse over and have a popup indicate that this is in production and a second one with a different title that would reveal a popup indicating WIP…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Email notification on new communications

An option should be available to have an email sent to you every time you receive new communication.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.