Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync problems

There are instances when the message screen doesn't sync. On a nutshell i cant see messages that were sent to me in real time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams lost my contacts! Thanks Microsoft!

Don't erase my Skype contacts after forcing me to use Teams! None of my Skype for Business came over into Teams (terrible product). The group headings did, just not the contacts. Better yet, I get confronted with a stupidly friendly reminder that my organization has been moved to Teams when I open Skype to try to manually re-add my contacts, so I can't even see them now. Way to go Microsoft! I really hope this doesn't happen to one of my clients. Yet again, not impressed with Microsoft's determination to push out products and updates before they are close to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please, don't show windows notifications, if teams is opened/not hidden in tray, but window is not active

please, don't show windows notifications, if teams is opened/not hidden in tray, but window is not active

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not able to copy long data from message.

It is difficult to copy data from a teams chat conversation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. block executable file sharing

Hello,

Can we block sharing executable files? We consider this for secure reason.

Thanks,
    Zhong Min

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hand in Assignments in Teams via OneNote

It would be great if the students can hand in their assignments (provided in OneNote) directly in OneNote. So they do not need to log in/switch to MS Teams and click the "hand-in" button there.

A Lot of my students do forget to hand-in their assignments although it is already done in OneNote.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The Power BI integration does not allow you to export data from visuals

Export from visuals in reports does not trigger save or open in e.g. Excel.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. renaming teams and personal status

Currently companies cannot rename the team name once it is established - This option is important in order to avoid detailed workflow and move of files.

The same goes for customising personal status - Currently it has Available, Busy, BRB and Appear Away. How about selecting to be offline?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow adding an Image by URL

I'm wanting to add status badges from Azure DevOps into a table in a wiki page, so that various status badges can be seen at a glance.

Currently there doesn't seem to be a way to add the image URL. I've pasted the URL itself as well as tried markdown syntax for an image, neither seem to work properly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. multiple identities access

in my organization we use different identities in our communications and daily work. In a daily bases we need to connect to different MS teams instances using different identities.

It would great if, as in OneDrive or Outlook, MS teams Allow to have different users setup. this will make the switch between organizations simple.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Government  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Skype For Business

The whole thing needs to be much more user friendly. I've been a O365 user since 2011 and had a look at Skype FB today. Now I need counselling! Why is everything "Microsoft" so difficult?
    I develop software so I'm not an IT-phobe.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Opt out of Notifications on a channel unless ....

Opt out of Notifications on a channel(s) unless my name is specifically called out, or a specific customer's name word or phrase is used.

I don't need to see notifications on everything that happens. I don't need to hear about every piece of chatter. I'm not directly involved in the same activities. Unless it's my name or specific phrase (customer name), don't notify me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. busy

Teams always seems to be in "BUSY" status. Support advises we have to hover or constantly use Teams for this to switch to Available. Manually switching to Available only works for a while then automatically switches back to Busy. Really?

So if I'm working in Word all day and not "chatting" with someone I'm automatically busy. Poor design. Give us options, allow us to tell the system what to look for to switch to busy. Meetings with other apps (Yes, like Zoom, GTM, etc) Tie to Tapi, etc. Zoom has so much potential but lacks 100% what it really needs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Screen shots dissappear

When including a screenshot, it often dissappears shortly after. When editing the message the screenshot can then be added again, and they seem to stick 2nd time.

Issue has been reproduced several times.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. open federation

Skype for Business currently has open federation. There is no need for me to go into the admin portal and add a domain in order to communicate with them. This makes it very convenient on the IT staff so we aren't constantly working tickets to add a domain to the whitelist. Why is Teams requiring us to add domains and not give us the option to have "open" federation? I moved my team to "teamsonly" mode and quickly found out that I had to add a bunch of external domains that we talk to on a day to day basis.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. WebGl

I am trying to use Invision plugin. However it says the webgl is not supported, however on a similar machine it works. There needs to be better handling of such web technologies or at the least a definitive guide of what will work and what will not. Also, please suggest how this could be rectified

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Manually set / Pin the order of Channels in a Team

It would be good to be able to set the order of the channels in a team (not just alphabetical).

Or even be able to break channels up into relevant sections.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Maak Teams overzichtelijker en zorg dat de notificaties ook werken.

Het is vaak lastig documenten terug te vinden, en ondanks dat ik alle notificaties juist ingesteld heb ontvang ik nooit een notificatie wanneer er iets geplaatst is of iemand een chatbericht stuurt.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a Balsamiq integration!

Add a Balsamiq integration. Similar to the Trello or Freehand Integrations this would allow the cloud based Balsamiq app to load into a tab in a team/channel.

We use Balsamiq for UI/UX Wireframes and this would be a really rad addition to our various project channels!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.