Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get prompted when someone enters a call

When hosting a conference call/screen share and one or more attendees are running late, I am forced to keep the meeting open and hope they will join. I would like a feature that allows the meeting screen to close and if the attendee shows up, the host would be prompted to open and restart the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. smileys

I want the smiley of ******* your head against a wall. The current ones are too anodyne. Are we all that happy/puzzled? I don't think zo!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enhanced desktop support mode for screen share

It would be advantageous to add an enhanced admin privileged mode so a remote technician could assist a user through screen share. Currently you are not allowed to pass through credentials or interact with applications that run with elevated privileges.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can chats immediately pop out into a new window as an alert system? I can miss chats because I have a headset always plugged in.

I miss chats very often because I do not see the alerts nor hear an audio alert for a new chat!! A more robust alert would be all new chats pop out into their out chat windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Focused conversations on Photos

When a photo is posted to a group or chat, add the ability to comment on that photo, this provides focused conversations on that photo. Both Kazala and Slack have this ability, I believe that Slack has the ability to produce a focused conversation on any comment also but this could be stage two.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Deselect all option when filtering team members in shifts

You can select several members of a team to show just their shifts. It would be good to have a select all option on the menu to clear your selection out and be able to view whole team again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. when working remotely allow an option for others to hear you at present they cannot hear me if i am at home working remotely

if i want to organise and conduct a meeting whilst working from home i have to log out of my remote desktop and log into teams on a different computer so people can hear me. can you sort this out?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. increase productivity

were working on a file and you receive a message you are forced to close it. a tab approach like browsers can help in keeping opened the file without wasting time on go back to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add status "unavailable"

Add an "unavailable" status, similar to S4B, so I can log out at the end of day while keeping teams up.

Teams is more than chatting with customers so I cannot just sign out.

I work in an international company, but only those that I work closely with realize what time zone I'm in. I submit numerous requests to offshore teams. If I'm coming online for an hour or so before/after hours it's to take care of something, and to not be available to other people to chat. Not replying to direct chats is rude. Having them see my status…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello Team / Teams, Please give us an option to hide these annoying notification, which fills almost 30% of the screen... Please

Hello Team / Teams, Please give us an option to hide these annoying notification, which fills almost 30% of the screen... or please change the way of appears the notification (for example like it is in Skype). I mean the preview like this is currently should be the small as soon as possible or give us an option to scale it to own setting (for example to change the size of this to for example to 20%)

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
    Łukasz

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Contact

From teams, enable the search for contacts on azure ad, exchange online, outlook, for team management, meetings, calls with direct routing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Chargement simplifé des Backgrounds

Charger les Backgrounds personnels directement depuis les paramètres et non en passant par C:\Users.....\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads
    Merci d'avance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keyboard short cut to be created for hang-up / leave a meeting

There's keyboard shortcuts for everything else except this basic function. Would be really helpful for those who are using the teams with Assistive Technology - seems like this would be a relatively simple thing to add. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Im Team privat Nachrichten verschicken

Im Team einer Person eine Nachricht schicken ohne das andere sie sehen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)