Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skype Contact show up, but not Teams Contact

hen looking for a contact that has Teams and Skype, only the Skype contact shows up.

I have to go through the history to communicate with the Teams profile. Same name, but impossible to find the Teams profile in Chat. Please fix.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More robust Desktop Notification settings

For Desktop Notifications:

- Allow close Notification ("X" in the top right)

- Allow a notification setting for ONLY showing the "Sender" rather than the "Sender" AND the "Message Text". (similar to iOS message where you see a person texted you but you don't see the message until you unlock the phone and read it)

- Customize the automatic close timing (right now it defaults to 10-15 seconds for message notifications, would like to shorten to 3-5 seconds)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an Agile Planning Poker Plugin

It would be great to have a plugin for collecting Agile Planning Poker Estimates in Teams. Ideally you could:
    - Geed it a backlog query from on-premises TFS
    - Select a backlog item
    - Collect estimates privately
    - Have them shown all at once and then averaged based on your own formula (straight average, averaged to nearest Fibonacci number, etc.)
    - Have the result fed back into on-premises TFS.

Even without TFS integration it would still be extremely useful it could handle collection and aggregation of the estimates. It would give us a reason to use Teams over just Skype…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Group Policy Template

When are the Group Policy Templates going to be available for Microsoft Teams? I want to unify desktop app settings at my company (like disabling Skype Integration) but haven't seen a way to currently achieve that.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. small window view needed - similar to IM

Right now it's just annoying and clunky. I need something small that doesn't take up a ton of space. Already have tons of windows open on my computer.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add more responses other than "like" to messages

Let's see more response options other than just "like" on messages, similar to the Facebook and iMessage ability to do multiple responses. Emojis are great, but can clutter up a conversation if someone inserts something that's funny and then everyone piles on with laughing emojis, etc

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show view grouped documents in SharePoint document tab

Using metadata and group documents is an effective and easy way to find documents view in SharePoint document Libraries. When adding a document Library to the Teams tab I only see the documents without the view, which basically will force me to make folders for not making it a huge list of documents.
    Please make it possible to view the documents in a grouped view in Teams tab!

Cheers from the north

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide ability to reply to a Channel root message using Graph API

Is this support already in the works? If yes, when is it expected to be available?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix Hyperlink Issue

Hyperlinks do not work when clicked on inside any office product within Teams, such as a spreadsheet listing a bunch of websites. Please fix

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Blog web part / team plugin for Internal only blogging. "Move to top in Wiki"

Trying to think of how we could use Teams as an Internal blog. Didn't Sharepoint used to have a Blog web part? Could something like that be introduced into Teams?
    Tried the Wiki but it doesn't look the best.
    Speaking of which - can a "move to top", "move to bottom" be added when trying to rearrange Wiki sections and posts?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. テキストファイルの編集・閲覧

テキスト形式のファイルをTeams Desktopで閲覧・編集できると助かります。現在はブラウザが起動するので。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Who is being notified

It would be awesome to see who you are notifying when submitting a @menton of the channel, and not the whole team.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use well-known names (short codes) for emoticons/emoji

Amongst others, Github and Slack use a common naming schema for emoji. Teams has a different naming schema for at least part of the emoji set, for example:
    ":ok_hand:" - not present in Teams
    ":disappointed:" - can't even be typed, as soon as ":d" is typed it becomes a Skype emoticon

Please use a common naming convention that a lot of people have already gotten used to.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. pomodoro

Please insert a pomodoro or time tracking in the planner activities. It will be excelent for manage the time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. chat feature pop ontop of where you are working in Teams

When working on Word within Teams Desktop application it would be nice for new chat update to pop ontop of the word doc, or at the side if seleceted. At the moment you come out of the word doc into the Chat section, then need to go back into files and find the file you were working on.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Brand it as Skype Teams

Keep skype as the name, or Skype teams, people say to. Each other's Skype me or we will Skype, and you kill the brand name. And why you almost killed Skype and did not give the option to sync contacts when whatsapp was going, I will share that article with you:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-10/don-t-skype-me-how-microsoft-turned-consumers-against-a-beloved-brand

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Meetings tab disappeared

There is no meetings tab available... I'm trying to set-up MS Teams within my company for the first time. I need this feature available or else the adoption will end before it started.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable markup on website tabs like in edge - so collaborative markup

It would be great if people can collaborate on the website tab - think multiple people using the edge markup tool, this will allow greater use of this tab rather than something just for information.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please make sure when we change profile picture on Teams other people can see the change!

I have added a picture to my Teams profile but other people still just see my initials

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base