Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. link to onenote section group

Set Teams Tab to link to OneNote Section Group or Section within Section Group

With the new OneNote tab link functionality in Teams we are able to link to a conventional Section (one that is not part of a Section Group) but when we try to use a link to a Section Group or a Section in a Section Group the result is that the main page of the OneNote notebook is displayed. We should be able to use the link for any Section or Section Group from OneNote to set up a Tab in a Teams Channel.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. share file menu

Bring the Share Menu that the One Drive App provides, being able to choose edit/read only in an out of organization and not have to be limited to two links Sharepoint or Teams which doesnt work as expected. If you use the same sharing method as you already do in one drive or inside office, it will make it a more seamless experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There is a bug in the text-to-speech feature for Italian language

If you enable text-to-speech, for example in Word, text as follows

«Buona notte.»

is read as

BUONA NOTTE PUNTO

that is, the period at the end is read, not ignored as expected. This occurs only if guille­mets are used. Please, note that guillemets are very common in Italian language for dialogues, and that punctuation mark is always inside the quotation marks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Start a flow from discussion thread

There are sometimes needs to save several discussions or threads contents into some other app for later reference.
    Adding a possibility to start a flow from discussion thread (Flow action would have to be able to get thread content in rich text or at least plain text) and send them over to OneNote page, create a new SharePoint page etc out of them.

This could be also used to create a knowledge back "mark this message for later reference)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import Persistent Chats Data into Teams

Importing Persistent Chats feature should be present in MS Teams in order to help users migrate from Skype for Business On-Prem to Microsoft Teams properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make it like slack. Infact just buy slack. Your alternative products are never as good as the competitors

Make it like slack. Infact just buy slack. Your alternative products are never as good as the competitors

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add same Wiki to Multiple Channels and Teams

I'd really like to be able to add the same wiki to multiple channels. I don't always need a new wiki for every channel, but I do need to access a previously created wiki from another channel, and even from another team possibly.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Creative Cloud
    When Video-Content from Creative Cloud you can't play the video in Safari or IOs. Open the Adobe-Link works

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow call contacts to be centralized amongst teams or users

The calls tab is per-user. It should integrate to a Global Address Book where contacts can be maintained centrally for all Call users.

For example, A user adds a phone number/contact to their address book. They should be able to add it to a group (i.e. shared) that will show for all users.

This saves duplication of contact information for each individual user.

This should also sync to Outlook contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy a string from chat heading without citation

This is a problem when you receive a chat message that has a link you need to follow. Ideally, I'd be able to select the text, hit copy, and place it where needed, such as a Win-R popup or Explorer address bar. Instead when you do this, you get the name of the contact. To get the information you need to take action with, you need to paste into an intermediate location, such as notepad, so that you can extract just the information you need. While I can understand where that can be beneficial, especially when copying an entire message,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Saved Items Posted to a Planner Board

Option (at User level) to post saved items to a specified Planner Board/Bucket and/or add a flow connector for this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Get Rid of the "Tab conversation has begun"

That message is distracting and serves no purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 'Upload from my computer' blocks name of first attached item

When attaching file to 1:1 chat (and maybe Channels as well); if I choose to "upload from my computer", the pop up remains while I navigate, via windows, to the file to be uploaded.
    This is in the way when uploading successive files. See attached screenshot. In my example, I had uploaded the first file, and went to upload the second, but had forgotten which file I had already uploaded. I had to close out, "remember" and then pick the second file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make chat more like Skype

The following could be added to the chat feature:
    Video calls could have an volume control from within teams. As adjusting the overall volume for the pc isn't ideal.

Add a caption option, the same as skype. In my team we add our location and mobile number so everyone knows who's where.

Add groups/dl to favourites on chat (the same as Skype)

Add screen sharing on chat (currently I can only see it during a video call)

Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prevent meeting participants from stopping a recording

There are times when I'm hosting a meeting and presenting content within my organization. During the recording anyone in my org that is attending my teams meeting can stop my recording. A setting to prevent others from stopping a meeting hosts recording is necessary.

We have confused Teams users that think stopping the recording will prevent them from being recorded. Instead they are stopping the recording for the meeting host which then causes fragmented clips in microsoft stream.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The file sharing flow is clunky

When you go to share a file with a second person after sharing it with someone first, you are asked if you want to replace the file you already shared. ... wait what? It was already in teams somewhere? Where? In files?... Nope... nowhere to be found there. If not there where? How can I just find it and elect to share it with someone new?

Make this more obvious/smooth

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export meeting video recordings to a .mp4 file

Create an option to export Team's meeting video recordings to a .mp4 file. Only option is to leverage Stream.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ability to edit meeting title (no title)

When scheduling a teams meeting using Outlook, the meeting appears with (No Title) in teams. Add the ability to edit the meeting title since all of the chat, files, etc. is stored with the meeting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.