Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a "Camera state in new conversations [on|off|last state]" in settings

Hi,

I know this has already been asked almost the same way in https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/19005034-allow-the-camera-to-be-disabled-by-default but the conversation is closed and the given response does not answer the exact need.

For privacy sake, a lot of our (100k+ company) users want to start their conversations with the camera ALWAYS turned off, no matter what was the previous state when they left the last meeting/conversation.

To let the user with full control depending on his wish/needs. this could be implemented as a new setting to control the camera state when starting conversations/meetings which could have the following choices:
    - Always on (no…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Want to inform system administrators when we shared files to external users

I would request a notification feature for Microsoft Teams to send alerts or e-mails to system administrators if we shared files to external users (guest users).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. reduce voice message file sizes

please reduce recorded voice message file sizes.
    It's bit-rate was 195kb/s in a sample I downloaded! This is studio record quality, not a simple voice record!!!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow or create bridge that allow joining teams meetings from skype for business client and room system

Allow or create bridge that allow joining teams meetings from skype for business client and room system. We have invested hundreds of thousands of $ on Skype for business compatible rooms systems, only to be told that they will not work with teams unless we use an external bridge. (we mainly us Polycom group series with skype interop license) It would be great if we could join a teams meeting from skype client including content sharing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow multiple PSTN numbers to be assigned to one user

For Office 365 phone system and teams to really start replacing PBX deployments it needs to add some missing features. One of the easy (hopefully) ones is to allow a user to have multiple lines associated with them such as region specific direct dial numbers. At present you can only associate one number.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assignment Turn In Notifications to Teacher

Does anyone have an update on this? When students turn in assignments that are past due, there is no way of knowing unless the teacher manually goes back and checks each individual assignment. I would love to get a notification in my email that a student submitted something late, just like Google Classroom. Has anyone found a good way to manage this?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Chat within outlook

I would like to be able to chat in Team within my outlook window. You know...how the “other” guys do it. Having to toggle Bak/forth is annoyInhg

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pin a wiki page to the sidebar and/or open in a separate tab

When working on a wiki page for any substantial amount of time, you may need to interact with people via a channel or chat. It's pretty painful to go back to the channel and wiki, find the page you were working on again... then go answer a chat and have to re-locate that all over again. The "back" button isn't a solution because if you've answered several chats then it takes you back through the whole history.

I'd like to be able to pin a page to the sidebar or possibly open it in a new tab in the desktop…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hide the darn sidebar....

Don't you just love it when you're in Teams and someone shares their desktop and control with you, but the Teams sidebar reappears every time you move your mouse to the left... Want to click on the start button, nope, can't do that.... Teams gets in the way.

Take this stupid side bar / navigation bar / whatever you want to call it and get it out of the way when sharing a desktop / remote control. How about allowing us to unpin it and move it somewhere else... Or turn it off, or how about just fixing Teams so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unplugging headset causes Teams to call me (ring)

I unplug my USB headset from my Mac, and Teams starts ringing like someone is calling me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. API for opening office files in Teams

Please provide an api to open office files within Teams. Currently you have an api to create files in Teams but there is no api to open it within Teams. I see that there is already a function for that in the teams.js but currently not usable by third party apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Guests in Meetings to Select PowerPoints

When a guest joins a 'meet now' meeting and wants to share a PowerPoint, they do not see the PowerPoint section of the share tray. They have to set the PP up in a separate window and share that. This works but then they cannot see any of the other participants since the slide show takes over the whole screen (1 monitor available)

If they could also see the PowerPoint section in the share tray where they could select PowerPoints in the team, that would allow them to share and still see the others as thumbnails at the bottom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Incorporate Outlook Tasks into the "Calendar" (instead of "Meetings") tab in Teams

Similar to the Meetings functionality where you can see the upcoming meetings and your Outlook Calendar, adding Tasks to Teams would allow easier prioritization in Day to Day. It would also be helpful to add Team Visibility of outstanding tasks and allow Tasks to have automated Reminders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Users appear multiple times when entering recipients for a new conversation

When I want to begin a new conversation and I type de name of a user in the recipient list, some users appears multiple times.
    Yet they are unique in azure ad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fix the problem, file cant be deleted or moved after it was created (for few minutes)

it is very hard to work efficiently,
    after creating a file it cant be moved or deleted for few minutes
    (more then 6 min in the attached file)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It delay delivery messages sometimes

It delay delivery messages sometimes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Code snippet window closes on hitting esc key without confirm dialog

When adding code to the snippet editor and hit cancel there is a confirmation dialog asking the user

"Are you sure you want to close without saving your changes?"

This dialog doesn't show up when the user is hitting the escape key and all changes will get lost!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base