Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is there a file size limit?

I keep trying to upload a zip file (105,622KB). I do not get an error message, but I am getting an empty file in out files list. It just says that the size is 0.00 Bytes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Photos with full image not cropped, and GIFS that automate

Photos with full image not cropped, and GIFS that automate

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Agenda alerts

I would like to have the option to set alerts for my calendar. The pop-up alerts on the time of the appointment

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filter out Certain Buckets

Please enable the possibility to filter out certain buckets in the Buckets view. Not all buckets are relevant to me, and thus I don't want them occupying a lot of my screen space.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to change the default start TAB (i.e not conversations)

Idea for future product enhancement:

We have a number of sub channels per team-site and it would be great if we could have the ability (for site admins) to change the landing page to one of the other custom TABs for that channel rather than the default 'Conversations' item.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable some functionality already existing in Skype for Business

Enable some functionality already existing in Skype for Business such as capability to activate blinking notifications instead of popups, and capability to tag users for status change alerts

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. click to mention

if I want to mention someone. now I should type @ and name in conversion textbox.

I think my idea can help to mention someone easier and quickly.

my idea is "click on person name in chat room then mention that person automatically"

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Yammer Connector - Support for External Groups

After watching this:

Microsoft Teams and Yammer: Velocity meets community | BRK2147
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjv5VoSNdXw

I went to add the Yammer Connector to one of our Teams with the goal of wanting to get updates from an External Yammer Group the Team should be following. Unfortunately it was here I learned only internal Yammer groups are supported.

Another use case I thought of is say an organization using Yammer to collaborate with customers -> each customer is an external network. In Microsoft Teams having the customer care team being able to receive notifications/posts etc. from customers in external Yammer groups would be…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams prevents your computer from going to sleep

As the title says, our workstations which normally go to sleep after a set time now stay on forever because Microsoft Teams keeps the systems awake. Close teams, problem solved. Kind of irritating.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the markdown syntax for code snippet

Code Snippets feature is now available but requires a lot of click / button. It would be great to be able to juste use the markdown syntax : ```csharp ``` for instance.
    We use this syntax in Azure DevOps wiki, it seems legit to have the same experience in Ms Teams

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Persistent call countrols on active calls for mobile Teams version

In Teams Calls while on an active voice call, the call controls disappear from view. Can you add a Setting to make the call controls persistent for active calls?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improved search that searches through everything

If I´m trying to use Teams as my main hub of communications it would be handy if teams search can search for anything and everything.

It would search my emails, files, chats, team discussions, groups, sharepoint etc. Basically the extent of my O365 reach.

To many times a file can´t be found as you can´t remember where you put it, to many times you can´t remember if the discussion was via teams, email or chat etc.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. drag checklist

Drag and drop of checklists broken on the latest version 1.1.00.31860.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. attacchments in thick client only allows Link or Sharepoint

Unable to attached local files; This works form the web client

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make purchasing Audio Conferencing more easy to find & direct + Improve Navigation in General

Having too difficult of a time trying to acquire Audio/Dial-in Conferencing through the admin portal. I clicked 2 links during my navigation, both stating in some way that I would be able to purchase the add-on through the link just to open some **** search window with no information on how to do so. Even if I put into the search what it is that I am trying to do I still come up with little-to-nothing in terms of what to do. I've been at this for 3 days now. The first day and a half was spent trying to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. custom Sharepoint site pages not able to add as a Tab in Teams...

I'm trying to add a sharepoint site page as a tab in Teams but it only seems to pick up the 'Home' site page not my custom one :( Anyone else see this happen? or have any ideas to get around it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quick access to finding file locations from conversations

The conversations tab needs a way to quickly find the source file location by right clicking or clicking the more options dots. For instance, if you want to know where a file that is shared in conversations is stored in the SharePoint you should be able to right click and get the source folder. This would be especially helpful when linking in external SharePoints.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Build an actual Wiki Engine from scratch - Aim for real Wiki functionality, not a lookalike or snap-on

The design of this wiki-like feature is fundamentally weak.
    A wiki link is like:

space.wiki/page

You force too much pseudo structure.
    A wiki doesn't require you to build with structure, it can be added.

CamelCase doesn't work and can't really, because pages are not the primary flat organizing principle.

I think if Microsoft want to do a wiki, they should have it as a separate adjunct to Teams, rather than 'sprayed on' - wikis are a bigger, simpler and more fundamental concept than what is portayed in the Teams-spray-on.

Wikis can be released with minimal security. They CANNOT be released…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Up Arrow doesnt put you into chat edit anymore

Every now and again you release a new version and break the ability to use the up arrow key to put you into edit on the previous chat message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.