Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change view in Files

In files, ability to change your view (icons, tiles, etc.) - most helpful when looking for a quick view of photos

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable to see which public teams exist

When clicking on the Join a team icon, I get an empty page with a small search window on the right. Now I need to guess which teams exist and search for them.
    Why not show ALL public teams, so I can simply decide which teams I want to join?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ringtone

Ability to adjust the ringtone for calls coming from a call queue when you are already on a call. Currently the standard ringtone plays even though you are already on a call. It should have the option of a quick noise to alert you but not distract you from the call.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hover menu disappears when clicked

The hover menu (currently comprising ellipses, bookmark, and like) is hit and miss, intermittent, erratic, finicky. Clicking any of them tends to instead hide the menu.

A better solution:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/31515763-add-edit-to-message-right-click-context

Related:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33766630-more-options-doesn-t-always-work

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. need to include "take control" of the shared screen during conversations

need to include "take control" of the shared screen during conversations.
    same as skype.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Tenant level configuration to disable the Generate Team Code join team option

Some organizations need a way to ensure employees are not leaving the door open for people to join their team. The ability to Generate a Team Code and share that code with whoever as an automatic entry into a Team, with no expiration or current prevention of specific users, is a risk.

Please add a tenant level setting for Teams that administrators can use to disable the Generate Code feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Do not disturb chat function.

Looking for ability to easily toggle chat on and off so when I'm presenting my desktop chats don't appear. Similar to do not disturb.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SmartSheet Tab Integration

SmartSheet Integration Tab isn't working every time. I have to select settings in the tab dropdown and log in and allow access too often. It comes in with a log in button that doesn't work to login to the SmartSheet.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. welcome screen for meetings

Would be great to have an option to prepare a welcome screen for the meetings, so that if anyone joins early or if organizer joins later, all attendees could see some welcome message, short agenda or any other depending on the need

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Conversation tab - organise and filter messages

In the conversation tab want ability to filter, search, tag, organise and interact with messages with ease and within the given channel.
    Same way as it is in Outlook with e-mails.
    At the moment it is more like a conventional linear chatter. However, ability to have advanced and intuitive filtering and tagging option will enable user to record and search for content or important project/channel related updates with ease improving overall collaboration experience. Great to have something similar to Outlook. I know there is a filtering and search function within the teams, but it is cumbersome and covers all the…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Strikethrough!

We use wikis for some of our to-do lists that don't make sense for a planner -- I'd love to be abe to strikethrough tasks as they were finished!

Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make layout of emojis more logical

Make layout of emojis more logical. Why are related emojis (e.g. hand signals) all over the place? Why can't they be grouped?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make an invisible status

It would be nice if there was an "invisible" status that shows you offline/disconnected but still made you able to browse your team's content

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. iOS CallKit integration with Contacts and Siri

In iOS, users have the ability to initiate calls from the native Contacts app or Siri, through Skype for Business. Teams should have the same functionality.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Big switch to turn off all mobile notifications

When on vacation or sleeping I want to turn off all mobile notifications. Currently in Android I have to tap every notification category individually to stop being bothered. Please make this better

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. AWS AMIFactory integration with Teams Channel

Provide integration with AWS AMIFactory to post notifications of newly approved Amazon Machine Images in team channel

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Aamazon SQS notifications in a Teams Channel

Can we get a connector to Amazon SQS service like slack has?

https://slack.com/apps/A0F827G56-amazon-sqs

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Flexibility re layout and info displayed on card and size of card

I have a lot of projects I have to keep track of. It would be helpful to me to view more cards on my screen and for me to control the level of detail that is displayed.
    For example: colour entire card; zoom out to view more cards together on screen or change the size of the cards and fonts

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.