Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File column sort order

Make column sort order "sticky" so that if I prefer to sort my files by Name instead of Last Accessed, Team will remember my preference within a Team

3,872 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

631 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to share that the column sort order can now be preserved in the Files Channel tab!

Please see the below SharePoint documentation for creating and updating custom views of a document library. This is now honored in Microsoft Teams.

https://support.microsoft.com/office/create-a-custom-view-of-a-document-library-8f6b08e0-a9a0-4232-9b9b-b374a2ad3da7

https://support.microsoft.com/office/create-change-or-delete-a-view-of-a-list-or-library-27ae65b8-bc5b-4949-b29b-4ee87144a9c9

Thanks for your feedback!

2. Add private channels inside the team

Add private channels inside the team. If we have a big department some topics may not be interesting for everyone and some can be not for everyone, so when we have team now, inside the team you can only create channels that are visible and accessible for the whole team, but team admin should have the possibility to create private channel inside the team to discuss anything only with the team participants that he/she will invite.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams shortcut is not being added to Start menu App list

After installing Teams via latest executable, the shortcut for the application is not being added to the App list of Start menu. Even Windows Search cannot find it as an installed app. However, it can be found from installed applications via Settings.

Observed on Windows 10 version 1809.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
    1. Number of users enabled
    2. Number of daily active unique users
    3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
    4. Number of teams created
    5. Number of teams deleted
    6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
    7. How many calls made in Teams
    8. Number of files shared in channels
    9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

1,427 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disbale autostart in Teams App for the entire tenant

Admins need the ability to disable the Teams auto-start for the entire organization, instead of each end user having to go in and stop Teams application from automatically starting when you boot up your device.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Complete Skype for Business Integration into Teams

Honestly, this is a tall order due to the fact that Teams was not launched this way in the first place, but my real world experience, and feedback from the field, is that having Skype-for-Business-like functions in Teams (chat/Presence/etc) be separate from Skype for Business itself is not only confusing for many users, but inhibits adoption. Users want to consolidate the number of apps they use, not increase it. I personally find this to be true.

Teams is an incredible tool with so much potential, but living and breathing in Skype for Business, like so many of us do, Teams…

4,494 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This topic will be closed out as completed since the vast majority of the S4B convergence has already released to the public.

If you have any specific requests, please open a new topic or vote for an existing topic that more specifically targets your wish.

The team is aware of the issue of using Teams will force you from using S4B.
    I’ve opened a topic specifically for that based on the feedback below – vote for support of this request at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/35124451

As for notification issues and being able to view multiple conversations, there are topics for allowing different types of notifications – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16925461 and a topic for multi-window for chats and more – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16926739
    The ability to send audio or video messages can be voted for at – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/32372014

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.
    -Warren

7. Linux client

My team has some users on Linux, and one benefit Slack has is a Linux client. Without a Linux client on Microsoft Teams, some orgs may have to turn away in favor of Slack so everyone can participate without keeping a browser open all the time.

10,238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1878 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. create channel

I cannot add a channel. Channel disappears after created under a team.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

11,500 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

426 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Transfer active call between devices

Transfer an active call in Teams from my phone to my desktop and back. This for comming back at the office or leaving the office.

2,495 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

195 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Chat with only 20 people?

The chat tab gives you the ability to only chat in the same time with 20 people and no more. Is it possible to get this changed and have more then 20 people in this chat? I know we can chat in the group team where more then 20 can join but it is not the same. Chat experience is different t on chat then I'm the group and some people like it this way. If 20 can join, why not more?

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screen share toolbar obstructing browser tabs

Issue:
    The MS Teams screen share toolbar obstructs browser tabs in Chrome and Edge. The toolbar does auto-collapse but takes too long (approx. 5 seconds). Skype for Business' toolbar collapses almost immediately. Also the MS Teams toolbar cannot be moved as the Skype for Business one can.

Workaround:
    Clicking the pin icon on the toolbar twice collapses it immediately but it reappears when you move the cursor near the top of the screen again

Preferred Solution:
    Make the toolbar collapse immediately when unpinned and make it possible to move it

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. MAC app fails to update with standard account (needs admin creds)

On most Macs I’ve tried, the automatic update framework is pretty aggressive, and apparently cannot be unconfigured. However, it consistently fails to update the app when I’m logged in with a standard account. The app occasionally prompts for admin creds (I assume it’s making an update helper daemon), and I supply them, but the only Helper process Teams ever runs is owned by the standard account. I’m not sure exactly what to suggest here, because there are several opportunities for change, some of which might obviate usefulness of others. Ideas might be some user interaction to defer the forced relaunch…

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Wanted to let you know that a New Mac installer has released to the Public ring. It has a new auto-update mechanism and will no longer require an admin password for updating!

Thank you for your support and feedback!
    -Warren

14. Would love a dark mode for Android

Would love to get a dark mode for MS Teams on Android.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Federation

Hi everyone -- I'm splitting this feature out from the "Guest Access" feature request so that you can weigh in on this specific issue and provide feedback for it here. Please write in the comments what you would like to see with Federation and I will incorporate it into this description. -Suphatra

FEDERATION REQUESTS:

1 -- When our team have a live call meeting we can not add people to the call that doesn't belong to the team, even if they are from the same company. Additionally can we brought client which will be federated.

2 -- Need to be

879 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. See usage stats per team in Admin Center

We need to be able to see usage stats per team in admin center. Current stats show usage per user. This tells us very little as a user can be a member of multiple teams. Business area owner and rollout/adoption managers want to be able to select a team and see how much activity per week/month etc. In our case, this is the only metric that they're interested in.

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. customize mobile notifications

Ability to customize and differentiate mobile notifications from desktop notifications.

For instance, only receive mobile notifications for chat and mentions while receiving notifications for followed groups, mentions, chats, channel tags, etc. on desktop.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Guest Access

Collaboration is a core element of how we work which requires the creation of extended teams on a project or long term engagement. Whilst the majority of our teams are internal staff, there is still a critical element of any project that requires the inclusion of our clients and/or external vendors. It is imperative that Microsoft Teams allows for the easy (but secure) inclusion of external parties for the length of any project or engagement.

This is why historically products like Groups etc. have not been adopted as widely as we would hope. If the tool only allows for 60-70%…

8,118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

766 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The #1 requested feature for Microsoft Teams is now here!

We’re starting to roll out the ability to add anyone as a guest in Microsoft Teams. This means that anyone with a business or consumer email account, such as Outlook.com, Gmail.com or others, can participate as a guest in Teams with full access to team chats, meetings and files.

For more info, check out https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Collaborate-securely-with-anyone-in-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/165941

Thank you all for your feedback and support!
    -Warren

19. Guest Access to see Planner Tasks

Hello, I have a question about MS Teams Guest Access. Is there any working on Guest acces to login-sign in MS teams planner or tasks?
    Guest Accounts can see chat, folders etc but can not open planner tasks ?
    Thanks.

353 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide Dark Mode

Provides dark mode ui for Android just like windows app.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base