Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add the Party Parrot emojis

Please add more emojis. For example
    Add the onion emoji.
    Add the poop emoji.
    Add a “curtsy” emoji to compliment the “bow”.
    Bring the fistbump emoji over from Skype into Teams.
    Add the Party Parrot emoji collection.
    Add emojis that relay more positive messages (most seem negative).
    Add flags emoji collection.
    Add “canyoutalk” emoji from Skype.
    Add medical-themed emojis for those who work in the medical field.

520 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

71 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review. I’ll keep following up with the feature team.

-Warren

2. Allow to post a reply to a conversation via REST

Currently it is quite easy to start a conversation via the webhook of a channel.

It would be great if the POST of this webhook would return an conversation id. This id could then be used in a subsequent request to reply to the initial conversation.

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. provision

It would be great if we could provision teams and channels with a template like Microsoft PNP. In the case of provsioning i would like to be able to add tabs bot connectors and compesed extentions in pre configured in a json or xml template. Rolled out with C#, JS or Powershell.

hope we can get this uservoice request activated.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks to the folks who flagged this bug is back. Please upvote to be subscribed to the status of this bug.

5. Keyboard shortcuts to type Umlaute and other international characters

In other O365 apps I can use keyboard shortcuts to type international characters on an English keyboard, for example, ç = ctrl+, and c, or ä = ctrl+: and a. See https://support.office.com/en-us/article/keyboard-shortcuts-for-international-characters-108fa0c1-fb8e-4aae-9db1-d60407d13c35. This is missing in Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add message to "you got a new team"-email

When I add new members to a team I would like to add a message to the "you got a new team"-email. Just like that I can add a message when I share a file from OneDrive or SharePoint.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Nested Groups exceeded the Max Limit of 25

There is probably a suggestion for better integration for AD groups, but creating a team for Engineering our existing DL's are used to manage all membership. Adding a DL to a Team, that has many nested DL's does not seem allowed.

Need to
    1/ support AD Groups as a first class citizen
    2/ support for nested DL's that are greater than 25

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better Team Permission Control

The current team settings are very bare-bones.

For instance, there's a single permission that allows for adding/modifying/removing tabs. These should all be separate permissions.

For the sake of usability, there could be a "master" permission for each piece of functionality (tabs, channels, connectors, etc...) and an expandable list of the sub-options where, if you didn't want to give a certain role all of the permissions for a certain functionality, you could give a role a subset of the create/modify/remove permissions.

328 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

9. Files tab no longer opens General folder

The link to the General folder in the associated SharePoint document register is broken. This prevents attachment to be added to Conversations. Please make it possible to edit the Files link so that correct function can be reestablished. This would also allow people to use the Files tab to point to their prefered location rather than a predefined location based on Channel Name. This is a serious issue inhibiting adoption of Teams in my Company.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add more area to grip the title bar

The new ui changes make it very hard to move the desktop app around the screen. There are too many buttons on the title bar now and it seems the only grip point is between the search bar and the org link. It is very easy to miss click when trying to move the window around your desktop. I think that the search box should be reduced to add more title bar.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please support symbols like % in filenames

We have many files which have symbols like % in them. Currently we cant send / upload them with teams. It's not a solution to always change the filename

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Inactive desktop notification period is too short

I don't want mobile notifications after being inactive for only three minutes on the desktop.

The period should be configurable or at least 10 or 15 minutes

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tag Files for Searchability

As we upload files, it would be great to have the option to add Tags for the files. That way, when utilizing search, we could enter tags to be able to find results based on the tags specified.

346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is still under review. The feature team is digging into the details but have not made a decision yet.

-Warren

14. Embed Media

If you paste a link it should embed the media right in the chat (Gif, mp4, youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc.)

801 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Templates for Planner

Would be good if we could have predefined templates for planner that we can then use for repetitive tasks eg onboarding a new starter.

This is a feature we had in Asana and have lost since moving to teams

375 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  26 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Accent shortcuts (like in Word) don't work

In Word, if I type CTRL+SHIFT+^ followed by u I get a û. Similar shortcuts exist to get characters such as é à ö ç.

These shortcuts don't work when I type them in Teams.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sway in "+" tab

There should be the option to add sway presentations in the "+" app tab

230 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  43 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. STOP CHANGING WHAT I TYPE

I absolutly HATE the way that when I type something chances are it's going to change to be something I didn't type. I would like to see the live preview of everything removed completely and for this to use github flavored markdown along with a consistent emoji syntax :joy:

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Using "Du" instead of "Sie" as Language/Local option

In German you have "Du" and "Sie" for the englisch "you". It's usefull to can change between both.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Second Planner Tab in Teams, does not show up in Planner

When I create a second Planner tab in Teams, it does not appear in Planner. But I can open the tab via the link in Teams. The data from the second tab also does not appear in the Planner Dashboard. I think it's a bug.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base