Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scheduling a meeting (with Teams link) from another's agenda (not my own agenda)

Scheduling a meeting (with Teams link) from another's agenda (not my own agenda). Now that is not possible in Outlook. This takes extra time and work. I am bothered by chats from meetings I do not participate in. This is because I now copy the link from my own calender and paste it to someone else's calender.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create option to only let Team Owners schedule meetings in a Teams Channel.

For really large (or Public) Teams it isn't ideal to let any member schedule a meeting in a Teams channel and automatically invite the whole Team to it. It would be great if there was a configuration setting that owners could restrict scheduling meetings in channels to only owners.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support walkie Talkie on IOS

add walkie talkie features to ios client app

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Walkie Talkie  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add live voting and polling to Teams Live Events

With other platforms, you can ask participants to vote and or answer polling questions during the meeting/event. I would like to see functionality such as that available in Teams Live Events (and actually in regular meetings too).

3,933 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

180 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom Live Event waiting message

I want the ability to customize the standard Live Event waiting message to give more details specific to the event. For instance fill out the pre-conference survey here... The message I am referring to says “The event hasn’t started”... and is displayed to the end user before the event producer makes the event live.

524 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Colour categories in Calendar

It would be really useful for the Outlook colour categories to show in the Teams calendar. I rely heavily on these to make sense of my calendar with a large number of appointments and in the current release of calendar this will make me likely to still revert back to Outlook rather than use Teams for calendar management.

2,118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

270 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Raise your hand - Have the order a hand is raised

Would to like see the order a person's hand is raised in a meeting so everyone can see who will be speaking next.

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams for Xbox (for office use)

We use Teams everywhere - PCs, mobile, Yealink phones, etc. We have an Xbox in our meeting room - since the Xbox is a powerhouse and can accomodate a big screen monitor, HD web cam, speakers, mics, etc., how about Teams on the Xbox? It would save us from spending another $5K on a Teams meeting room device... and how cool would it be?

1,638 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

280 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Schedule meetings using @mentions of Team, Channel, Tags or People

Today there are an on/off switch which allows you to have all team members to receive copies of conversations or events in the team. This is very convenient if you like to invite to meetings for the whole team to participate in because you don't need to add all members into the invite.
    The drawback is that you can never create a channel meeting without inviting the whole team to it.
    Why not utilising the way it works with notifications in the conversations feed?

@Team - Invites all team members
    @Channel - Invites people that "follow" this channel
    @Tags -…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More than one person on live event screen

It would be WONDERFUL to have more than one webcam showing in a live event. This would allow for a panel discussion and proper virtual interaction/debate between presenters. Similar to what GoToWebinar has
    Is this in the pipeline?

414 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Full integration with AirPods with Teams

Currently Teams loses connection to AirPods once AirPods are disconnected (as after a call). For the next call, AirPods don't connect without re-starting Teams. This is annoying AF

337 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams Live Event - ability to invite external presenters without O365 license

Our company organizes quite often events with external presenters.

Some of the presenters works in company who doesn't have O365 licenses and accounts, and currently there is no way that they could present in Teams Live Event.
    We are aware of possibility of using telephony dial out, but having only voice is just not good enough nowadays.

Could you work on such feature?

421 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft Teams Meeting On-Hold options

We're looking for an option to place a Microsoft Team Meeting 'On-Hold', similar to how you can when you're on a Microsoft Team call.i think this feature will improve the users' experience during the Teams meeting.

426 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically block incoming calls when you are already in a call or meeting

Please create a setting a user has the ability to change that automatically blocks incoming calls or allows the user to even forward all calls to someone else when already in a call/meeting if applicable. It is very distracting to have my phone ringing while I'm in a call.

617 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable gallery view in browser

Gallery view is enabled in the Teams app, and is great, especially since it has been increased.

However, when accessing via a browser, gallery view is not available, only speaker view.

266 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to announce that Large gallery view and Together mode are included in our Dec 2020 Public Preview pack, and will be available to users who opt into Public Preview.

Please see feature details here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-public-preview-together-mode-and-large-gallery-for-web/m-p/1969669#M14

You can learn more about the new Microsoft Teams Public Preview program here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreview, and Teams administrators can find documentation to manage which users will see the Public Preview option here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreviewAdmin

16. increase the number of lines for the Live Captions

Can we increase the number of lines for the "Live Captions" option in Teams video calls? The default is only two lines.
    And as they also move quite fast, making it very difficult for the user to follow the conversation.
    This is particularly important to deliver an inclusive and accessible work environment

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customize the Lobby View

I would like to customize the Lobby view after I ship out an invite to a third party. Some examples:
    - Adding my company logo
    - Embedding the lobby in surrounding HTML.

Lobby screenshot attached.

298 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy conversation link in a private channel

I'd like to be able to copy a conversation link in a private channel, like you can for a public channel. This presently doesn't exist. I would imagine the link would appear as a dead link (not authorized), to anyone not in the private channel.

560 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Manage default Teams Video layout

We should be able to manage how incoming video is displayed to meeting participants. Currently the default view is fill frame, which is poor to use, especially with meeting rooms with people being cut off and the camera panning back and forth. We should be able to choose at a tenant level that the video should fit the frame, rather than telling all of our users that they need to right click the video, and change it manually.

565 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to schedule live events with password

Please have an option to schedule live events with password so that anyone (including internal users) who join the live event need to enter the specific password even the live event is scheduled as public.

329 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base