Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep background settings between calls

The new backgrounds are great! However, settings go back to default after the call has ended. Please remember my previous camera background setting so I don't have to set it again every call.
    Second choice is to be able to set blur or background before entering the call.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification Sounds

Please add different notification sounds, and a way to change those. Skype was wonderful with this. Please add a similar feature back to Teams.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve reply to channel and reply to thread usability

People accidentally reply to channel when they should be replying to a thread. This makes the channel a mess. Improve the usability aspect of this making it more intuitive to reply to the thread one is reading right now!

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow upload of pre-recorded video

It would be great to upload a pre-recorded video such as a or town hall. This would allow producers to switch between the pre-recorded content and the live component.
    It would also allow people to use Live Events for webinars with better production value as they could record the content beforehand and then be available to answer Q&A live.

539 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Present in Live Event from mobile device

Allow presenters to join and present in the Live event from their mobile devices. Include the option to present from both cameras, front and back one.

We are having busines updates around the openspace. Therefore, having presenters using their mobile devices to present themselves, or present the person next to them speaking would greatly increase the usability of live event.

Not only, would the off site team been able to attend/present "in the field", but also office based staff would benefit greatly from having significant announcements done in the openspace rather than enclosed area of a meeting room.

178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio and Video Recorder for Assignments

For many classes, especially public speaking, foreign language, music, and theater, it would be incredibly useful if there was an audio and/or video recorder built in to assignments. Right now, a student has to record the file in a third-party app, copy to OneDrive, and then attach to the assignment - three steps and three apps. It would be far faster and provide an easier and more stable user experience if students could simply record their Audio and Video directly into the assignment.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Attendance in Teams meetings

Able to pull a attendance list after meetings.
    Whom
    Time they entered the meeting
    Time they exit the meeting

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shift notification update

When I make a change in Shifts and a notification is sent to the affected Teams members it only indicates that their schedule was changed. My recommendation would be to indicate which shift, or day, was changed. I manage the schedule for 86 security officers and am constantly making changes to their schedules. We provide security at several locations and need to reassign officers to these different locations several times per week. When I make a change in Shifts, it would be extremely helpful to let our officers know what day and shift was changed.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hide or move the meeting toolbar during a Teams meeting

Is it possible to move the meeting toolbar during a Teams meeting? It is usually right over something I want to read from what is being shared. I tried dragging without success and can't see a way to minimise it as we could with Skype.

The only way to hide it is to click outside of the bar once.
    However, as soon as you move your mouse pointer the bar re-appears... I need something more controllable, as I often need to flick into other docs for reference while in meetings.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a place where students can view all assignments regardless of what class they are assigned for at once.

Instead of each class's assignments being listed in a different place, the assignments tab should allow you to view a master list of all assignments, sort of like a planner would.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Password or PIN for Teams meeting

for protecting the security of Teams meeting, we should have the access to set Password or PIN for meeting participants.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Users added to team line removed

In each general channel a new line gets created for all new users added to a team. Can this line be removed?
    As an example I setup a team and get some posts ready for welcome messages and introductions, then when I add groups of people, after a few lines all my messages have pushed up and off the screen.
    We have one specific team for all in the business and all the threads are getting lost as we add each department/individuals one by one.

3,596 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

501 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to schedule meetings in private channel

We are using private channel for special subjects within the same class where only few students are added to the private channel. We need to schedule meetings for private channel also.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. reply on chat

In teams chat: If we are doing a group chat. it will be difficult to know who is replying on what message. Even sometimes on a one to one chat. We get confused on what message he replied as we just keep typing the matter.

So, Just like in WhatsApp, we can select the message in a chat and click on reply and answer it. this will avoid the confusion and make things clearer on exactly what message I responded. Crisp and clear communication.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. attendance capture

Please include feature of capturing attendance of participants/attendee.

Provide download attendance in excel tab/report which can include:
    Employees ID, Name and other details of the event like name, date, time etc.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Permanent virtual background in Teams

Have the ability to set a virtual background permanently in Teams so that you don't have to change it every time you start or join a new call.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Blur for linux

With the current virus and working from home please can we have blur please

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pin video feed in a recording

When recording a broadcast, the subsequent video created shows the video feeds of other participants (and initials if there is no video feed). Please create a feature where the organizer can mark a video feed as the "Recording feed" so that video feed is full screen on playback.

Use case: Project boards; an external camera is viewing a project board - we want it to be full screen so users can have a clear view of the board rather than having it quarter of the size and 3 boxes filled up with initials of some of the participants.

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add watermark to meetings to prevent anonymous recording of meeting content

To decrease the risk of confidential information leaving a Teams meeting due to a participant recording the content from a phone or external camera, please consider adding a watermark to the meeting recording that identifies the attendee or user of that Teams app. While watermarks could be edited in video, it is less likely that someone would edit the watermark and the profile bubble of the Teams user (in top right of the Teams app).

Thank you!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. meet now on ipad

Can you please enable “meet now” function on ipad? I’m using ms teams on ipad for my lesson and without the meet now function, I can’t share my screen with my students. Thank you!

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base