Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. delete full chats

we need to be able to delete chats; full chats not indiv messages; i have too many chats i dont even need anymore

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Teams to replace Cisco Tele-Presence

We would like to use Teams and decommission our Cisco video conference room equipment. We need to lock video from site A to display to site B and in turn have site B lock on site A.

Today the current video options allow multiple screens at one time and the conference room get reduced to either 50% or 25% depending on the number of participants that join from home or phone. We have two large offices in the US and this request is mainly for our executive team, key influencers and budget approvers.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add geolocation

Add the geolocation possibility on the smartphone apps and on the desktop app as well.
    So the user can find out where other team members are located.
    The user must have the possibility to share his position or not with other members (for privacy or security reasons).
    When we click on the position of the user, the possibility to see the position on a map is also needed.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Busy Options (Busy on Busy or Voicemail on Busy)

Provide a functionalitiy similar to the one is SfB Server.

Busy on Busy - Incoming calls will be rejected with a busy signal if the user is busy.

Voicemail on Busy - Incoming calls will be forwarded to voice mail if the user is busy.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copying text - hovering menu hides the end of the text

When copying text from a message, the ending of the message is hidden by the "More Options" hover.

1,206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

324 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m thrilled to announce that redesigned and expanded message actions have begun rolling out to all users.

This includes:
    1) message actions, also referred to as “…”, moving up and out of the way of text, and
    2) enabling new reaction types including Like, Heart, Laugh, Surprised, Sad, and Angry.

Enjoy!

6. Ring on all Devices - Incoming Call

When a Call comes in, it only rings in the headphones. But as we don't wear our headphones all day long, sometimes we can't hear it ringing.

Please make an option to ring on all attached devices (speaker + headphones).

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop Mobile Teams Meetings from Being Interrupted by Mobile Phone Calls

When in a Teams meeting on Mobile Teams and we receive a mobile phone call to the mobile phone line, we are completely disconnected from the meeting. The mobile phone line call should only be shown as a toast and soft ring in the background instead of completely disconnecting us from the meeting (quite like getting a second call while on your mobile phone - your current call doesn't disconnect but you hear a soft ring in the background and have the option to reject or accept the call).

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Remote control for external contacts(Guests) when you share your screen

Right now, if you have a Meeting with someone that is not part of your Tenant, you only can share your screen to present what are you seeing at your screen; but if you want that the guest could take remote control of your screen this cannot be performed.

Please enable remote control for external contacts (Guest) in order to use Teams instead of Join.me or Teamviewer

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Being able to open teams in multiple windows.

If I'm working on a file in teams, and then want to send a message, I don't want to have to get out of my file, go to chat and then go back to my file. I should be able to have multiple windows open (and spread them across my screen), dedicating one to chat's and the other to working on my relevant files.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy paste

Hi

Its not possible to copy paste messages from the chat window. The "save this message" and "Like" button pops up on top of the text.

So please make it possible to copy a text from chat window.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better notification control, especially sound options

Right now (3/5/19 update) the only options for sound notifications are All; call, mention, and chat; Off.

I want sound notifications for call, but not chat or mention. Grouping calls with chats for sound notifications is odd - calls are usually important but sound notifications for every chat message is excessive.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Flag message for follow-up and automatically add them to to to-do

Currently each message has:
    * save
    * thumbsup
    * Mark as unread
    * Copy link
    * Immersive Reader

options available in the upper-right corner. I'd suggest adding another.

Please could you add a "flag for follow-up" option. Clicking it should add it to a list of flagged messages that are exposed somewhere within Teams however the real value would come from giving us the option to have the message appear in Microsoft To-Do, thus the experience would be exactly the same as adding flagged messages from Outlook (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/using-microsoft-to-do-with-flagged-email-f90c37b0-4453-4756-a6d5-e2ef8d33b395). When someone marks the task in To-Do as complete then…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multiple Teams windows open at once

I want to have two or more Teams windows open at the same time, but the desktop version doesn't to that.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reactions Order - Place the "thumbs up" to the far right

We now have additional "reactions" beyond the thumbs up "like" but the thumbs up is always going to be the most used so it would be great if it can be placed on the far right of the reactions bar to make it easiest to access. Thank you!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hide a user from Microsoft Teams

It would be very beneficial to be able to hide a user from showing as a Microsoft Teams user. Right now it is super confusing for users when old staff members whose mailboxes are still being used show in Microsoft Teams. There is currently no option to hide these users from showing as contacts in chats.

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shifts: Don't display reason for absence

Desired Outcome:

When employees request time off, give Managers the option to not display the reason given to the rest of the team. I.e. Make the reason (= color and icon) for the absence visible to Managers only.

Reason:

Right now even personal reasons such as sickness are publicly accessible to anyone. E.g. another employee could therefore track why a colleague is not in the office that day and draw conclusions about personal matters such as their Health from it. This would require consent from every employee; this consent is freely withdrawable under GDPR. One employee alone could therefore block…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Put the "Start a new conversation..." box at the top

In Teams Channels, it's way too common for users to start a new conversation when they intend to reply to an existing conversation. Move the "Start a new conversation..." box, and the formatting & submission icons, to the top of the Conversations window. Keep the latest conversation/reply at the bottom. The idea is to create some separation between the "Start a new conversation..." box and the "Reply" link that sits at the bottom of existing conversations.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remember expand/collapse contact groups

The new contact list is now live and it has the option to expand and collapse contact groups. However when I restart teams the are all expanded again.

It would be better if Teams remembered when I collapse a group. then I can for example hide groups of contacts I don't use as often.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリの通知について。
    Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリを利用しております。アプリ起動時については通知がされますが、アプリのタスクを終了し、しばらく時間をおいた状態だと通知が届かず非常に不便しております。ビジネスで利用するものであるため、通知がないことで反応が遅れると非常にインパクトも大きいものとなります。
    非アクティブ時、アクティブ時、関係なく通知が正常に行われるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    When Microsoft Teams mobile apps is active, the notification email is sent, but if it’s not active a while, the notification is not sent. This behavior is very inconvenient and might be a big business impact as I missed the notification.

I would like to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. calls come through when im on a call

When I'm already on a call if a new call comes in, Teams still rings as if I'm available. It should give a busy tone, go to voicemail or just ring-out - but do it silently in the background. Or with minimal interruption. If I'm on a call it will reduce the audio to allow Teams to ring!

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base