Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Time limit for editing/deleting posts

We would need an admin setting to set a time limit for how long users should be able to edit/delete their posts/conversations.
    Owner should be able to delete without a limit but members should be able to edit/delete for example for only 15 minutes.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat heads

Can you make a chat head feature like what we have in Facebook? It would be easier to go back and forth with your chat messages while you are doing something on other areas of MS teams (i.e. channels).

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

We are looking into having multiple windows for Teams.

And thank you for the interesting idea!
    -Warren

3. Add team wide reminders

We have weekly bot reminders currently on Slack and that would be a big advantage to getting our whole team moved over.

For example:
    - Tuesdays at noon: Reminder - team meeting in 30 minutes
    - Last Friday of month: Finish submitting hours
    - etc....

1,664 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is under review by the feature team. No new feedback at this time.
    -Warren

4. Rule: Only Members of a security group should be allowed to add Guest users on MSTeams

Issue Description: Customer want to ensure that only certain people can do this. These people are:
    1. Owner of the Team
    2. In the group FPDOXKUEXTERN (Security Group) the group is on SharePoint Admin Center > Sharing > Who can share outside your organization
    Let only users in selected security groups share with authenticated external users - FPDOXKUEXTERN

This worked two weeks back.
    If this is not possible customer would like to ensure that these people are:
    1. Owner of the Team
    2. Have the Role for adding guests set in the…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,567 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still considering this item. No confirmation yet.
    -Warren

6. Integration of Microsofts Q&A bot into team-channels

Microsoft has a Q&A bot-maker.
    There should be the possibility to create/integrate a Q&A bot within a channel/team.
    The Q&A bot should scan questions in the channel and answer questions that where previously already answered.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can we have an option to get rid of the Store icon in Teams?

Yeah, I get it, Microsoft wants to sell ****.

In a corporate environment, though, I can't actually buy anything. Nor do I want anything except a collaboration app that isn't a pain **********. So the icon is just more clutter in what I feel is an already-cluttered interface.

(I'm sure there are free apps in the store; I just don't care.)

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still discussing this suggestion. No decision has been made yet, but I’ll keep you posted.

-Warren

9. Removed users can see notifications and partial text on threads which they commented

1. Add a user to a private team

2. Have the user comment on a thread

3. Remove the user's access to the team

4. The removed user will still receive notifications every time a different user replies to that thread.

5. The user will see the preview text in the notification

6. When the user clicks the notification, they do not have access (as expected)

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let me @ Mention the user's first name instead of their DisplayName

Hi,
    When mentioning someone with @, is it possible to use the user alias instead of the Display Name? In Slack for example, it is possible to choose whether to display the full name or the user name when being mentioned. Could be great to have it on MS Teams because it is shorter in messages where many mentions are provided.

1,300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  111 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. onenote

The new implementation of the OneNote tab is poor. The old process of creating a section within the Team Notebook was ok to a point, but needed the additional flexibility to create a tab with content from another notebook when required. The new process of prompting for a new notebook or to open an existing notebook or create a link to an existing notebook is messy. It slows the process of setting new teams with channels and will lead to inexperienced users creating new notebooks where they are not required. Also when a new notebook is created initially, then you…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 478 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Webhook needs to support forced notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person"

Webhooks should have a property to force notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person". I have been using Slack webhooks for notifications out of our monitoring platform and can use "@" tags to make sure that the correct channels get the data and if the condition is severe, notify "@channel".

1,005 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is now under review.

I’ll update this topic as we move through the decision process. Thank you for the suggestion.

-Warren

14. In the german translation, please use 'du' instead of 'sie'

Please don't use the way too formal 'Sie', but instead 'Du'. This totally disturbs the user experience

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow moving a tab between channels

Allow moving any tab, besides files and conversation, between channels in a group. On top of being able to dragging tabs to rearrange them in a channel, allow us to drag the tab to a different channel altogether. If any conversation topics at about items in that tab, it would be nice to have those seamlessly migrate to the new channel as well.

For bonus points: Allow moving a tab between groups, in the event a group needs to be 'discontinued' without losing the data.

327 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Editable Teams and Channels header

Proposed solution:

I have experience of using MatterMost (an on-premises Slack clone) and one of the features I really like is that each channel has an editable header. That header can contain markdown.

My team is a dev team and we use the channel header to display badges for our Continuous Integration (CI) builds. I'd really like to be able to do the same in Teams.

Problem right now, as described by one user:

I need the team description more easily visible. Right now I have to click on Edit to be able to see the description of the Team.…

413 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still be reviewed by the feature team. No additional details are available at this time.

-Warren

17. Persistent notification

I'm using Mac and one annoying thing is that I'm not getting notified of new messages in team channels (whether I'm mentioned or not) because I missed the banner in the top right of the screen, either from being away from my desk or focusing on my second screen. The red icon is added to the actual application icon in the dock menu when I get a direct chat but there should be something here to indicate that team chats have new messages

668 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under consideration by the feature team.

-Warren

18. Custom Team Member Roles

Currently for any given team, there are only two options: member or owner.

This only allows for two tiers of permissions. It would be great if there was the ability to either add custom roles to add more granularity for adding/removing permissions for different tiers of teammates.

383 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  38 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

1,066 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The team is still reviewing this item. I hope to know of a decision soon.

-Warren

20. Ability to hide or minimize gifs (at user level)

I like a lot about Teams. However, one of the nice features of your main competitor is that on things like GIFs you can minimize them. GIFs are fun, but after the initial fun they are annoying to keep seeing auto playing in the feed. So a way to minimize them in the feed would be great.

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base